Why are the Justice Lords so much better than Superman's Regime?

Why are the Justice Lords so much better than Superman's Regime?

Because they're not kidding themselves. The Justice Lords know they are tyrants, and they accept that fact as necessary for peace. Also they don't corrupt themselves by accepting criminals and villains into their ranks, instead opting to lobotomize them into public servants.

fpbp - Justice Lord Supes dropped any pretense of being 'the good guy' when he melted Lex Luthor's head off.

Honestly though, the Justice Lords' world wouldn't be that bad if not for the "sent to the death camps for littering, running lights, or disturbing the peace" shit.

Lex actually did deserve to die.

The Joker didn't.

>only took six Leaguers to take over a world. Didn't even have Flash.
>In JLU they massively expanded their membership and were surprised when the government was afraid of them

Because they weren't written to solely job to Batman and Harley Quinn

>The Joker didn't.
>Nuked a fucking city
>Already trying to figure out how he'll top himself next time.
>LET'S JUST STICK HIM IN ARKHAM!

These ones are correct

I think what he means is that Supes killed Luthor but just had the Joker lobotomised.

How come batman has never asked Superman to throw Joker in the Phantom Zone? Or ask any of the half dozen GLs he knows to lock him into some space prison?

The Justice Lord-verse Luthor killed the Flash and wanted to start a WWIII by launching nukes. This was Supe's rage-breaking point.

Also Lord Superman > Regime Superman.

Nah, watch the scene again. Supes's rage point was when Luthor taunted him that no matter what Luthor did, Supes would never get rid of him, because he was too good to finish the job. Because he loved being a hero. Supes realized that the damage Luthor does causes can be prevented if he stops being a hero.

Because the Justice Lords were born when Flash, a friend and comrade died. They were all United in their grief and they undertook that transition together. There's still a sense of team and a oneness to the group.

Where as the Regime came about when Superman's lover died. Sure, everyone else grieved with him, or for him, but the team was still born of Clark's grief alone. For that reason, nobody else felt as far gone as Clark. Everyone else seemed to be going along with it for his sake for the most part. It was Superman's regime after all.

The Justice Lords may have been tyrants, but they were tyrannical together.

Regime Superman was written badly on purpose. Pretty sure Ed Boon said he prefers Batman than Superman and he does the same thing in Mk.

Because knowing the Joker, he'd find a way to unleash all the prisoners of the Phantom Zone and the Sciencells.

That's a good question actually... I mean, the Phantom Zone isn't fool-proof or anything, but it's kind of the best option for dealing with the worst repeat offenders.

Because those ideas make too much sense.

I think they did that in the 80s. It stands to reason that DC writers have a more complete library of comic books then we do. But while we're wondering why X doesn't do a common-sense thing, DC will be avoiding it because they don't want to seem to be plagiarizing some older, better, story by a better-known writer.

costumes are superior

It never sat well with me that J'onn just turned authoritarian with them. This didn't fit him at all.

Why is Justice Lords Wonder Woman so perfect?

This. Boon is a Batfag which explains why he shits all over Superman. It doesn't explain why he shits all over Wonder Woman though.

As much as I hate the joker/bat wank that this would involve, I'm sure this would make for a killer JL arc. At that point they'd just have to stick Joker on the Source Wall and let him get stuck there. Damn shame we'll never see this actually happen.

>This didn't fit him at all.
When are you geniuses going to realize that EVERY time they do this shit, EVERY character is OOC? Supes turns from a farm boy from Kansas into "fuck humans I am superior Krypton forever". Diana becomes a psychopath who can't wait to kill everything. GL becomes an idiot. Flash is either dead or Supes/Bats bitch. Aquaman acts like he was never a surfacer himself, and is eager to make war with the surface.

It's all hack writing.

It's the costumes, it's always the costumes.

Because their Superman isn't a giant man baby
Because their Wonder woman isn't just a more insane Maxima
Because their Green Lantern isn't a idiot.

Also JLords still had Superbats.

Cyborg is as far gone as Superman... Largely because several Titans died in Metropolis

Because Bruce "King of the Batfags" Timm was willing to have the whole team go bad for a good reason instead of wanking off Batman like Boon and Taylor did. They still shitted on Wonder Woman though.

Even so, one is an evil justice league, the other is evil superman and pals. That's the defining difference.

Cyborg is still a supporting character to Superman and his regime.

Where as with the Justice Lords it didn't come down to who's camp X was in, they were all on one another's side until Batman Batmanned Batman into Batmanning.

Cyborg might have had a similar sense of grief to spur his change to the darker side, but the darker side was still very much Superman's side first and foremost.

There was some slight Batwank in having JLord Batman being the only one who redeems himself and helps stop the JLords.

Also, assuming Crisis on Two Earths would've been mostly intact if it had been part of JLU, the ending would've revolved around Batman yet again.

Did you learn nothing from the Lego Batman movie?

Haven't seen it yet.

Justice Lord Superman didn't throw a hissyfit when people started complaining. Regime Superman wanted to destroy Metropolis and Gotham when he eavesdropped on a few conflicted whispers.

So? They're Titans. One dies like every 2 hours.
You'd think he'd be used to it.

Because it shows how much better Wally is at being the Flash even in death as opposed to static brick Barry who just follows Supes like a cuck.

sound stalinist as hell

>Stick Joker to the Source Wall
>Somehow this turns him into a psychic virus that spans the universe and now every planet has at least one Joker.

I mean it makes sense given that he's the only one of the group born of empathy.
Sure the others have it, and they've all experienced loss, but their heroism's always been sort of generalized while Bruce always takes it personal.

Despite the whole "striking terror" schtick, Batman's always been the bleeding heart of the group.

This sounds much cooler than 3 Jokers

Would JLU Batman have made Harley his new sidekick too?

You should fix that. It's decent. It's also very much the premise.

Yeah, I'm meaning to, probably going to rent it out of the local redbox tonight or later in the week

How come Batman has never asked Superman to I dunno, laser the Joker's spine to leave him in a complete vegetative state? I mean, Batman has no problem crippling the FUCK out of thugs and apparently he's too gay for the Joker to even punch him

>Yo Supes, can you cripple the joker? he escaped Arkham AGAIN
>Aight Bats, but the next round of wings is on you ok?
>Nice, thanks!

Batman had Mr Miracle build a jail cell for the Joker at one point.

The Joker escaped.

Is Joker-wankery even worse than Bat-wankery?

Was it on Earth?

Yes, because other, better rogues get ignored.

I wouldn't be surprised.
Even in BTAS and that one JLU episode she popped up in he's always shown her some level of patience and sympathy unless Joker's involved.

And even then it was making fun of the fact that Joker was probably dead or the idea of him being capable of love.

Oh, so much worse.

And people who clearly haven't read the comics always go "why doesn't Batman just kill Joker"?
But he's tried, user. So many times he's tried. Hell, the only other character he's been pissed enough to straight up try to murder was Hush.
Even with KGBeast it was basically just not bothering to save him.

J'onn is a telepath.
Diana's whole schtick is empathy and love.

Fuck this Batwank

>Diana's whole schtick is empathy and love.
... and snapping people's necks.

With love

Did the comics ever revisit superboy and Tim being stuck in the phantom zone by supes ? Or are they just stuck in story limbo?

Well they needed to "take it too far" so that it didn't make way too much sense to just do it that way.

Because, literally, they don't really want to get rid of the Joker, because then they couldn't use him as a villain.

>GL becomes an idiot.
Lol how is this OOC for 80% of the Earth GLs?

Well to be fair, they never did say Death Camp. Just a minor(?) prison sentence.

I personally think the world presented by the Justice Lords is far from the worst possible thing, but you know we Americans always have to do the "FACIST BULLSHIT! FREEDOM FOREVER" thing.

The only issue with Green Lantern becoming a lord is that that same exact thing is why Sinestro is a supervillain. Like, did Oa never investigate? Kyle Rayner?

Starfire is a DLC in Injustice 2 so it should come up eventually

Yes, because it's commonly edge-cancer in addition to being wank

That's fucking Batwank. Bruce is the autistic paranoid faggot of the group. Hes the rich boy who lives in his mansion with his butler, completely disconnected from his fellow human beings. He's the one watching everyone ready to take them down if they don't live according to his retarded no kill rule. Green Arrow, Flash, or Superman are the heart of the group.

Oa didn't give a shit about what Sinestro was doing until Hal made a big scene.

They ever reveal what that's about?

It kind of happened in the Lego Batman Movie

How does one escape the Phantom Zone anyway? Especially someone without any kind of powers like Joker.

>Because, literally, they don't really want to get rid of the Joker, because that would get rid of the most easy to write villain in DC comics.
"Aw, just have him wave a gun around. Maybe kidnap someone."
No matter how lowball his crimes, they just throw in some pretentious dialog and some clown props and everyone is Pavlovian-trained go "Oh, it's a Joker story. Perhaps this'll be a good one." No planning crimes, no designing umbrellas for Penguin, or reading psychology textbooks to write Zaxxazx, no science for Mr Freeze, no creativity to make up new villains like when they made Proff. Pyg or the Flamingo.
The Joker has had a lot of good stories, but he's become the go-to use for the lame, limp-lettuce, non-entertaining stories. Which doesn't bode well for "The war of jokes vs riddles."

>Justice Lords were actually competant
>Regime Superman killed Shazam (a child) in a fit of autistic rage because he opposed the idea that branching out to other worlds was a bad idea
Justice lords win

Let's not forget the Salvation Run series.
Take all the villains, teleport them to a wilderness planet. Unfortunately, they come under attack, and doing what villains do, manage to fight their way into getting the parts to build a teleporter. But at least leaving them on Gilligan's Island was _tried_.

Manipulate someone on the outside via long-range telepathy or notes or something, use magic mumbo-jumbo or have a decent amount of plot-armor.

That was actually a smart move by Supes. He took out one of the few heroes that could actually kill him.

They know what they are and they have a PR department.

The oddest thing about the Joker being alive isn't that Bats doesn't kill him, it's that a cop hasn't while he's in custody. He's gone after cop families before, and Gotham PD aren't exactly the most straight-laced guys. It wouldn't be even that hard to cover up, no one is going to question it too hard.

The Shazam in the Injustice Universe was very obviously not a match for Superman, as evidenced by the fact he was killed by his heat vision alone.

God, I fucking miss Morrison's Justice League. Kelly's too. They always felt epic.

Maybe they're all too afraid to try, or Gordon only leaves Joker in the custody of the cleanest cops he knows to avoid any "accidents."

a few cops have tried
but joker some how Always survives

And here is the fundamental problem with why the Joker will not be killed.

He's to popular. Writers will bring him back no matter how stupid or impossible it is.

Green Arrow wasn't a Justice Lord, and Flash was dead.
Superman's got that Smallville charm going for him, but he's usually more of a greater good kind of guy, inspiring hope but taking up the hard leadership position. Which is why him and Bats play off wach other pretty great. I'm not saying he's better, just that he's more susceptible to coercion in that sense.

But I guess who needs to talk about character's personalities when you can just scream 'batwank' and spew the same generalized bullshit people that don't actually read the comics always yell.

J'onn is a telepath from another planet where he was a cop. Diana's a warrior princess.
They know not to take shit personal.

Batman was literally coerced by being asked how his parents would feel. I never said it was necessarily a good thing.

Billy saved his life many times. He was an irreplaceable person. Killing him made injustice superman irredeemable

This all makes me wonder how fucked the Justice Lords' world's other superheroes must have been when the League took over. Banded together, every other hero we see in JLU might pose SOME threat to the original seven. But how much of a threat, really, if you've got Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern, all ready and willing to kill? That's like charging a battleship with a rifle.

Pre-RotJ, probably.

Post-RotJ, she's lucky she faked her death, or else she would've been beaten into a comma.

Pretty much. The only earth guys I could think of that could pose a threat would be Captain Atom, and Shazam. The second was killed, and given Atom's soldier-like disposition in the show he wouldn't disagree.

Phantom Zone is only for Kryptonian prisoners. He doesn't toss anyone else in there.

The GLs won't deal with the Joker. He's not their problem. GLs only take prisoners those that commit heinous crimes across the sector. Alien warlords, space pirates, world destroyers...etc. They let the local police handle local crimes. They're more like the Universal FBI. They only get involved when stuff spills out across their sector.

Mongul on rampage? GL problem.
Joker? Not GL problem.
Joker with a spaceship? GL problem.

Sinestro was given a free pass. The Guardians knew what he was doing, they didn't care. They only got involved when Hal found out, started kicking Sinestro's ass. Then leaked what he was doing to rest the GLC. Only when rest the GLC found out, they kicked him out. Only to save face.

There've actually been several stories where cops or other vigilantes have tried... Batman consistently swoops in to stop them or else Joker somehow weasels his way out of it.

Fuck there was a Batman/Punisher crossover where Batman actually fights Punisher to keep him from putting a bullet in Joker's skull.

>put Joker on spaceship
>send him to nearby planet and let him cause havoc
>GLs put him away and Earth can just claim he was supposed to be banished or some shit

>Green Arrow wasn't a Justice Lord, and Flash was dead.
Which is why they went bad you idiot. They didn't have their morality chains.

shin rings

Assuming that every hero in JLU isn't working for the Lords.
Then Doctor Fate, Supergirl, Doctor Light, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom and Aquaman could probably take down the 6 Justice Lords

So, on planet stuff the GLC could care less about, but if it happens in space then they care? How are these fuckers still around?

>Because those ideas make too much sense.
It'll be ignored like always but this is the only real answer. The fact is there is NO believable in-universe reason why the Joker is still breathing. He would have been executed or shot "while trying to escape" a long time ago in real life but he's a popular character and popular characters sell comics.

It's one of the drawbacks to adding "realism" to capeshit.

Because
> Justice Lords say they're going to kill super villains
> Majority are captured, killed if too dangerous to allow to live or lobotomized and actually turned into contributing members of society

> Superman Regime says they are going to kill super villains
> Kill 1 super villain
> Put the rest in a jail they escape from and allow them lay low
> By the time I2 comes around most of them are still alive and perfectly fine
> Meanwhile Superman kills off bunches of heroes and the GLC for no reason other than "They got in my way"
> Superman can't even kill Harley despite meeting her multiple times
> Bizarro Superman killed off more villains than Regime Superman!

Having a clear goal and the capability to follow it through is the mark of a better government.

How is killing off an overrated villain a drawback?

>and given Atom's soldier-like disposition in the show he wouldn't disagree

Thanks for reminding me how badly the DCAU fucked up certain characters.

To be fair, Harley has the Cash Cow protection.

>Batman Batmanned Batman into Batmanning
>mfw I actually understand this sentence.

>>How is killing off an overrated villain a drawback?
It's a drawback because from DC's pov they would presumably sell fewer comics if they killed off one of their "star" badguys, so they don't do it even though his continued existence is, frankly ridiculous.

my only issue is that they went too easy on batman, he has to be the incorruptible one. well that and the de-superpower ray that ends the story.

btw Superman going tyrannical needs to stop, they did in Superman:tas, Justice league in justice and it looks like their going that way in the CU.

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
I SAY THIS ALL THE TIME BLESS YOUR SOUL!!!