Alfred Jodokus Kwak

Let's discuss this show, Sup Forums.

Hij vliegt, hij waggelt en hij zwemt...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwuapA6ivTQ90WlKGeevP_44goi1D41v5
youtube.com/watch?v=6shzkwUf4iQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish, I pray, that someone creates good english subtitles for the dutch DVD release.

Because otherwise, one can only watch the english dub, and as we (should) know, english dubs of 80s and 80s shows are almost always inferior, sometimes greatly so.

The English dub only goes up to Episode 20.

Another good reason for someone who speaks dutch to make the subs.

I wanted to watch the show for several years now, but I am not settling for the inferior english dub, which I just learned isn't even complete.

Dutch moomin

German dub is pretty good since they kinda did co-produce the show.

Loves it a kid but it also scared me. The Hitler episodes legit gave me nightmares.

Very based show for having hitler in it

It's pretty baffling to think of the subjects this show featured after watching it as a kid.
>Pic related
>Bullying
>Racism
>"Nazis"
>Whaling
>Enviromental crisis
>Interracial relationship

As much as I'd love to see this get some kind of DVD/bluray rerelease, it ain't gonna happen in this age.

I could give subbing it a try, but I'm very slow since I'm busy with a whole bunch of other projects as well.
Are there any good and easy to use programs for subbing stuff?

As a kid, the idea that some asshole poor kid could grow up to be a powerful evil dictator fascinated me for some reason.

Adobe After Effects.
You can image flip the video, add the subs, render video. The subs are now hardcoded but with them being so plus the video being reversed you can now way easier circumvent the bots looking for copyright infringement. It's a very rudimentary way of doing it but chances are that it will actually stay up for a little longer. Also, use a readable sans serif font with a decent size and not too small.
You are doing god's work, user.

Just translate all the lines and create a text file. Someone else can create the sub files later.

>flip the video
No fucking way. That is destroying art. And yes, animation is art, deal with it.

All one needs to do is get a hold of the dutch DVDs. Then create the subtitles from the text translation. THEN, share the episodes somehow. It's on YouTube already, so maybe the subtitles will work if the video length is the same.

The flipped video won't kill me but the english dub will. Go back to your own island, cheeseface.

I dont think copyright bots are gonna be a problem, seeing that the Finnish dub has been up on youtube since 2013.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwuapA6ivTQ90WlKGeevP_44goi1D41v5

>All one needs to do is get a hold of the dutch DVDs
Dutch person here. Where the fuck do you even get those? Not even bol.com seems to have the dvd's. Second hand vhs's is where it's at. If you know where to buy all the eps, please tell me.

Heeeeey kankerlijers, eindelijk iets waar ik over kan meepraten.

Let us discuss the horrors, like that thing with the claw, or somewhat less scary, the octopus that drove around in a car filled with seawater.

>the octopus that drove around in a car filled with seawater.
Oh fuck, I can't believe I forgot about that.
Which episode did he appear in?

I dunno man. I am 30 years old so my memory of Alfred Jodocus Kwak is very faded.

>but the english dub
Wha...? No one is talking about the english dub, but the original dutch one.

>where
Online.

youtube.com/watch?v=6shzkwUf4iQ

When our children were still young, I wrote the first story on Alfred Jodocus Kwak. Mainly, this was caused by two things. One night I was on my way home and drove my car through the countryside, and accidentally ran over a duck. I regretted it a lot. A few days later I was at home on the telephone and saw a mother duck and seven little ducklings wobbling through our garden. The man I was talking to on the phone was the leader of a symphonic orchestra. He asked if I could write a fairytale and if I could come over and tell and sing about it, while the orchestra would provide musical accompaniment. While I was talking to the man I thought: "Could that mother duck be looking for her husband, and how do you explain to a duck that you ran over another duck?". "Hello?" the voice on the phone said."What do you think?" I said: "I'm thinking of a duck?" and the man said "Excellent, so you'll write us a fairytale about a duck". That's how Alfred was born. By accident.
—Herman van Veen

The spirit of the slain duck went into that man's mind and made him do it.

In case anyone who ACTUALLY WATCHED THIS is awake now, bump.

It had a decent run in Spain.