ITT: Characters perfect for capes

>Captain America
"Don't you understand Steve, the America you believed in is dead! In this America people would just laze about then fight for what they dream for!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dZa5cuMO5ik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>played ball
>joined the marines
>weird black muscle powers

So Flash is going to be a senator next?

Only if somebody else writes his speeches.

>unjobbered
>unbeatable
>total douche
He'd make a fun Dr. Strange villain

Forgot image

Senator Armstrong would be a darn great Iron Man villain. He'd not be a guy with a suit or a rival corporate mogul, but a US Senator with his own views on war. It'd be interesting.

He'd be a fun villain for Tony or Steve just due to the interesting philosophy he has

Lots of classic horror/thriller antagonists are perfect for capeshit, especially since a lot of villains (and even some heroes) are loosely-to-directly based on them, and not to mention most are in the public domain alreadyy so crossing over with them is legally playing on easy mode.
>Dracula: has already crossed over with everything a million times, and can always be nerfed or exploit a standard in-universe power creep to square off against virtually anyone the story puts him against without even seeming 'too' out of place. Not to mention his characterization can range from 'inhumanity incarnate' to 'genuinely sympathetic', sometimes at the same time, so there's a lot writers could work with
>Frankenstein: the "Mad Scientist" trope's been run into the ground over the years, but someone like Peter Cushing's Frankenstein in particular could work as a Mengele-esque reoccurring antagonist
>Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde: inspired characters like Two-Face, The Hulk, even another Marvel character literally named "Hyde", but the base concept of an unrepentantly evil street-level antagonist with a "good" and genuinely sympathetic secret identity could work for at least a single story arc, probably up against somebody like Batman
>Dr. Fu-Manchu: essentially a more hands on/street-level Ra's Al Ghul, that can still dial up the stakes of his plots up to an international scale

be fun in a Cage/Fist comedy buddy book

Whenever a thriller has some really good and intimidating criminal antagonists who get the protagonists by the balls, always evading legal justice and threatening their families and such and the heroes can't do much against them I think "now these are the type of people who need a good Franking."

all MGS boss characters would make good cape villains

Revolver Ocelot v Hawkeye
it be Bullseye with less crazy and the actual mastermind of whatever plot

>that spoiler

>Yoshikage Kira
>introverted egotistical serial killer with a hand fetish
>set of abilities specialized for stealth and assassinations, aka hard to trace/pin down, you can't just out punch him

He'd be a hype Ms. Marvel villain. I'd love to see Kamala struggle against somebody that fundamentally fucked up.

>>joined the marines
Armstrong joined the Navy

He's also a super autist and has an obsession with leading a quiet life and his schedule

I still live how he punched somebody so goddamm hard their shoes flew off, then took the time to put them back on before standing them up to continue kicking their ass.

Doesn't Superman already have a guy like that?

reminder we live in the timeline where Armstong won

>extremely wealthy presidential candidate with an exuberantly confident straight talking strong man persona who uses the threat of muslim attackers to manipulate internet outrage into getting him elected so he can enact his isolationist self-sufficiency policies to cure all the liberal bullshit he hates about modern american culture and stop getting dragged into other countries wars and literally says he's going to "make america great again" by "expanding our memes on the internet"

meme magic, son

Imagine what would happen if Gaston had superpowers and became a cape character.

We've already established this. Senator Armstrong would be a god-tier villain for a lot of superheroes. Cap, Iron Man, Golden Age Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, etc. The list probably goes on.

"I grew in the killing fields of Phnom Penh. Do you know what I learned there, Cap? The wind blows. The rain fails. And the strong prey upon the weak."

At the end of the day he's just a really fun character you'd like to see regardless.
So long as the setting allows he can pretty much fit.

Now I want art of Trump piloting MG Excelsus...

Just a god-tier villain in general, honestly.

IF GOD HAD WANTED YOU TO LIVE HE WOULD NOT HAVE CREATED ME

What would his powers be?
>Super strength?
>Amazing hunter/tracker/marksman?
>Seduction?
>Low-level psychic suggestion/manipulation that only works on people with low willpower and self-esteem like LeFou?
>Eating 5 dozen eggs every morning to become roughly the size of a BAAAAAAAARRR-JUH?

Or is he just some above-average street brawler with delusions of grandeur?

So basically USAgent or Nuke played like a total joke.

But does he win out of pure luck and american retardation?

It exists. I'm pretty sure Sup Forums has it. I mean it's ironic in the sense that Armstrong is very much an opposite of Trump in a lot of ways. Don't start a goddamn flame war over this, we don't need politics to ruin this thread.

God the election was a fun time to shitpost, now it's just people arguing over if the media isn't a shitshow or people trying to shitpost the site in a new direction starting with Sup Forums.

If he didn't go to some cushy ivy league school

don't think he went to college at all

Is this a tf2 cartoon thread now?

>misunderstanding Armstrong
Armstrong wanted to destroy the Patriot meme of war by getting in a war so big America collapses

That's sorta the beauty of Soldier, winning or losing his goals are complete nonsense.
>Soldier realizes the Colombians have somehow invaded and taken an American plot of land deep in Virginia. Worse yet they apparently have the President. Now he must travel to this new District of Columbia and save the president.

But more eldritch

At the very least, it was an interesting time for Sup Forums. I wonder just how far the election affected Sup Forums--beyond the shitposting and memes--and vice versa. I am surprised that there wasn't a lot more Sup Forumsmic threads on the comics and art that resulted from the election.

I'd have him possess at least low level super strength, just enough for him to do superhuman feats but not enough to actually pose a threat to people in higher levels. Sort of like Sabretooth who easily dominates human characters but falls flat whenever he has to fight someone like Hulk.

The rest of his skills, like hunting and manipulation, should just be natural.
Since Gaston is a villainous inversion of the "village hero" character, if he were to enter a comicbook world, I can see him gradually turning into a Superman parody who keeps trying to show off and impress people with his super powers, but since he's living in a world full of people stronger than him, no one outside of easily impressionable idiots cares. But he eventually makes a living opposing animal-themed characters and joining/leading villain teams.

Gaston is manipulative and a leader, and this should be his strength. His weakness would be, of course, that he values his strength and looks far more, which prevents him from being as successful as he could be. Thus, there is an dychotomy of a character who is strong, handsome and intelligent, but even though his biggest strength is his intelligence (for manipulation, tracking and leading), he thinks it's his strength and looks, which are often outclassed, and thus he often fails.

I see Gaston in a cape setting as essentially Sabretooth mixed with Kraven.
I think it could work.

TF2 runs on retarded cartoon logic and luck. Soldier just uses it the most because he's batshit.
He's also technically immortal.

No, this is the timeline where Armstrong's initial, fake persona was real and then won.

I'd like for him to be an Iron Fist villain or some other martial artist with an Eastern theme but he does work as a Cap villain too.

Does MGS:R work if Captain America was Raiden?

>a war to end war as a business
>destroy the Patriot meme of war... [via] a war so big America collapses
He must have wanted complete social and government/policy restructure. I can't imagine why this would involve destroying America in the literal sense. Revolution isn't really that productive nor beneficial to a majority when everyone involved is fucked over when buildings fall, streets are filled with riots, and when the economy collapses. What was his endgame plan if it was to revolutionize America without completely turning it into a shitzone?

Turning it into a shitzone seemed his MO. The strong survive and orey on the weak, and everyone fights forthwir own reasons.

>soldier is immortal because he mistakenly took an entire bottle of "kill me come back stronger" pills from his wizard roommate thinking it was heart medicine
i love how the more you try to explain tf2 lore the more retarded it gets.

Cap would need some kind of powerboost or plot device to accurate fight them. And he's not going to be doing shit like Judo Throwing a Skyscraper sized Mech.
Also Monsoon kind of works for anyone with any strong values of any sort because LOL MEMES.

He wanted to turn it into a shitzone because he never actually lived in a shitzone and has no concept of what it really means to fight to live. He then tries to sell this dream to a former Liberian child soldier and is shocked when Raiden rejects it outright.

Or DOES he?

He lived in Texas, that's gotta count for something
A super super soldier serum

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Stark. Wake up and...smell the ashes... "

>just laze about then fight for what they dream for
>implying people don't fight because the media paints fighting for sane things in a negative light or doesn't show it and would rather show bullshit insanity (6 year old kids claiming to be trans suing schools because "I WANNA USE GIRL'S BATHROOM) and make money.

Platinum somehow manages to write entire casts of characters that are so bogstandard cliche that they somehow loop back around into insanely enjoyable. They do it every fucking time.

I think Weather Report would make a decent cape villain. He has such a bizarre take on weather manipulation that would probably be a lot of fun to explore.

You could honestly drop any member of the TF2 cast anywhere and they'd still be a fucking blast to watch. Sort of like Carl Brutananadilewski.

Now I want a superpowered Carl as a cape villain. Just a complete and total lecherous fat ugly piece of shit in way over his head.

"Now I understand why you use the shield Cap. You deny yourself your purpose! You should yearn to bathe in the blood of your enemies... but you hold back!"

Jihadi John is an 6/10 cape villain

"So you guys are sayin' if I rob this bank it will be easy money. And you're sure that Spider-Man won't show up and spray me with his super-web jizz?"

"Of course Carl, I've sprayed you with super insect repellent and Spider Man is at least 27% percent spider, you'll be fine."

Gaston is a nerd who thinks he's a chad?

Gaston is /fit/ in final form. Confident, smart, can't get a gf

I can totally see this being an episode

Carl could be like a goofy Mad Jim Jaspers.
Give him the ability to alter reality but he's just so low ambition and unimaginative that he just uses it to be lazy, a creep, or on useless shit he realizes he doesn't really need.
>Materializes right in Black Widows

>No....do continue. Y'know earlier I was thinkin' bout goin' over t' Ms. Marvel, Cap'n Marvel, y'know the blonde one that used t' have the boobs n' the thong but then she went full Lesbo, n' a bad way. I mean sometimes that's fun, but the hair n' flat butts n' it's just too much. I thought oh maybe if she had the girl on girl with that Spider-woman it could work. Then I remember she had a kid so that's probably pastrami town down there. So no thank you. Then I was thinkin' Thor might do but den' I remembered Thor was a dude. So does she still got her "hammer"? I mean I'm thoroughly desensitized, but I just ain't in the mood for no lady boys....today. N' so here we are. Watchin' Desperate Russian broads get naked. More things changes eheheknowwhatI'msayin'HehehehehGETINTHEFRIGGIN'SHOWER!

He's also a 10/10 corpse.

can anyone stop this man?

Stop there vile fiend!

The Aqua Teens make anything better, observe.

Nothing short of the sword could KILL Aku, but I bet something in Marvel could seal him up.

>Arthur Curry, do ya fear death?

Let's keep this shit going

"Carl, my sidekick, I forbid you to go anywhere without me. Thugalicious! You like this, I worked on it for a half an hour."

Aquaman has HAD to have done a Davey Jones angle once.

Wait...aren't spiders...arach....arach....nuts. I forgot what I was gonna say...

>Armstrong
>policy restructure
>revolution isn't beneficial
If Armstrong cared about the economy. The facts are
>America has been in a recession since the fall of SOP because the economy depended on war
>he wants to use a false flag attack to start a war
>he thinks Americans are greedy, amoral sheep because they'd support any war if it meant jump starting the economy
>he wants to do something extreme so people will fight for what they believe in not what they're told is right
>he want to pull America up by the roots, wipe the slate clean

Media sensationalism is balanced by American apathy.

"No! Don't ask me why, don't ask me how, but I know HE'S around! There, under the water! "

Well, then obviously it wasn't important, or you would have some sort of clue to what you where saying. That's why everything I say is important, because I can say it."

Can we make a Siti/co/n?

Give me ideas for characters to include on the cast. I would say to include:

- a serious guy to be the straight man
- someone that would along to any scheme
- at least one female character

The six of them must live on the same house.

I can change Scaramouche if you have any better idea in mind.

I just want Trump to end a speech by saying "nanomachines, son!"

a serious guy, you say?

A sycophant?

would she be good as girl?

He and his gang would be entertaining

This house is fucked.

youtu.be/dZa5cuMO5ik

Wrath

Pearl fro m Steven Universe can play the stright man perfectly, and at the same time be the odd one that doesnt understand human way (she could for example agree with any sociopathic things that Scaramouche says).

>Mister, you have NO idea. This shield...is an symbol to inspire, to protect those who need it........and to fight against people like you. You want a battle that bad? I'm game. And as long I draw breath, I'll fight Desperado to the last.

>pic related joins S.H.I.E.L.D
>plans to take over S.H.I.E.L.D
>fucking HYRDA is in the way

"Perhaps you've still got some fight in you old man. This ought to be interesting."

God, I'd sell my soul for this

Armstrong would be better as an enemy of WW. Being the absolute opposite of Diana in every way, he is very masculine, he is a man that praises the values of individualism and praises the strong above all else. Diana is... well, Wonder Woman.

Their very different view on war, society and what they both perceive as cultural decay would play heavily in their interactions. Armstrong would find Diana's philosophy disgusting.

Co-Leader of Justice League Dark that could kick Superman's ass

Is it ok for the Siticon?

Or you would change someone?

Yeah, that's true but I just like Captain America over Wonder Woman but I can totally see those interactions.

Honestly compared to the rest Yes Man was a literally who anyway.

>I've seen the visions from the beacon, Shepard. You, of all people, should understand what the reapers are capable of. They cannot be stopped. Do not mire yourself in pointless revolt. Do not sacrifice everything in the name of petty freedoms. The protheans tried to fight and they were utterly destroyed. Trillions dead. But what if they had bowed before the invaders? Would the protheans still exist? Is submission not preferable to extinction?”

Having frank and soldier in the same house seems like it would lead to a lot of dead people.

Also a videogame character

replace pearl

Almost all the key characters in New Vegas has potential in capes, but that's just mostly how great they worked in general.

Joshua Graham however is objectively the best one and could work very well as a Punisher/Daredevil esc. anti-hero.

Why do Mormons turn everything they touch to gold?

What Empowered even add to the dynamic? How she play off the others?