Which series had the worst example of seasonal rot? Pic not related but season 4 was still pretty bad

Which series had the worst example of seasonal rot? Pic not related but season 4 was still pretty bad.

Spongebob. Those gore scenes (the toenail) and the grossly exaggerated faces have given me nightmares. I'm never watching the show again for fear of seeing something else horrific.

Fairly OddParents had pretty bad seasonal rot, in that the people (AJ, Chester, Trixie, Tootie, Vicky, etc.) who interact and challenge Timmy are gone, replaced with cheap wish fulfillment like Sparky, Poof, Chloe.

>spongebob
Finally someone who gets it. I dont understand how Sup Forums loves new spongebob so much and shits on nuPPG when they both did this stupid lolmeme thing

>Sup Forums loves new spongebob
Nigga what?

nobody likes nubob, nobody. You lie.

the few people that have been watching the newest season of SpongeBob have said it was ok, aside from that not much else.

Any show continued with a new art design. The ones off the top of my head are Dexter's lab and Ben 10.

Johnny Test is also an example of seasonal rot: it went from mediocre trash to god fucking awful trash. Its impressive that it started out rotten and became more rotten for 10 years.

Samurai Jack hit the wall pretty fast. Sure it's a long gap between seasons 4 and 5, but yowch.

Futurama in my opinion. It just used to be another cartoon comedy, but then they shipped lela and fry, and started making it all sad and sentimental for some weird reason.

does the Simpson's count? I tried watching some off the newer episodes and I couldn't get through them

Sup Forums only likes the very newest season of spongebob, not the post movie seasons that lead up to it

Simpsons, Family Guy, and Spongebob are the kings of this.

I didn't bother with Boondocks s4 because I knew Aaron wasn't writing. He WAS the show.

I'd say you can add the Fairly Oddparents to it too.

I mean a talking fucking magical dog?
That's just literally fucking Poochie tier of reaching for views.

And...whoever the hell the new girl is. It's just a bunch of gimmicks the show's weird as shit now.

Spongebob and The Simpsons fell the farthest/had the sharpest decline in quality. Family Guy got it pretty bad too.

But Omniverse was better that AF and UA

Season 4 was fine. I can't help to think the reviewers shit on it because of the politics of Mcgruder's departure and the fact that a white woman was writing most of the episodes.

I thought Futurama had some genuinely good emotional moments. Like where Fry remembers his relationship with his brother.

But Futurama post-revival was definitely a bit more hit and miss with the Fry and Leela on-again off-again relationship.

Batman TAS.

didn't mind the leela and fry shipping, did mind the sudden increase in "hey look guys we're relevant" episodes like the one with the eye-phones

tv episodes about current events age badly and experienced writers should know this

The newest seasons have been pretty good, but that's compared to everything else now and the past seasons. Compared to the best seasons it's not as good, but compared to seasons 14-23, we're doing pretty well now.

The last seasons really suffered from having a fraction of the budget. They kept the animation quality up, but you could tell they didn't have as much writing talent around and had CC trying to force them to make it a certain way.

Legend of Korra S2 was pretty fucking awful if that counts.

Pilot: Adult who could be childish as well as clever and has to deal with job and money problems.

Series: Infant in adult body with no responsibilities whatsoever.

>Series: Infant in adult body with no responsibilities whatsoever.
This is what we get for not stopping those fucking "adulting" normie memes when we had the chance.

The fuck you say? Season 5 was the best of them all and there are a lot of good ones in the latest season. Or did you just bail after season 2 and never looked back?

Not OP, but I bailed after episode 100. Seemed like the place to stop, and from what I've learned about what comes after that season, I made the right decision.

>Johnny Test is also an example of seasonal rot: it went from mediocre trash to god fucking awful trash. Its impressive that it started out rotten and became more rotten for 10 years.
eh I'd say the first season was actually pretty okay

>whip sfx

How is this even a question?

This. The Simpsons has been trash longer than it was good.

Duckman stands out in my mind as a show which suffered from this. Its first two seasons were absolutely fantastic, the third season was mostly good, but by the fourth and final season you can tell the show was creatively spent and was just coasting to its inevitable, bland end.

the latest episode is already being regarded as one of the best in the series

It's not the worst example, at least the last season still had some good episodes.

The Nutshack

What differences are there between season 1 and season 2?

>implying there was a good season

Johnny Bravo is a good example

It was all downhill after they killed off Snoop

Whatever the fuck was the last season of Dexter's Lab.

Never heard the term seasonal rot for really shitty one-off seasons. I like it.

Probably the fourth season of SU. I still liked it and all but Jesus Christ the pacing was a hot mess. All the more unforgivable for its inconsistent release schedule.

When they say "new Spongebob", they mean "NEW Spongebob". The most recent season has been watchable. Not nearly as good as the first three seasons, but you don't immediately regret watching it.

Pilot Bee was so fucking cute.

It wasn't bad, it just felt like a completely different show that decided to forget about everything great from the previous seasons.

That somehow seems worse than bad user

Fuck I was content in forgetting this shit happened.

Pretty much. It stopped being good when it tried to emulate the Simpsons

The also changed her character design to resemble the target audience, which is a shame. I don't want a waifu, I just think the first design is appealing.

That's so sad, too. I remember in 2008 The Simpsons were still beloved and I was in the minority for thinking it was going downhill, at least amongst friends and family. Then people realized it was shit and there was the concern that, if it kept going, it'll be bad for as long as had been good.

Then we passed that point.

>pic very related

A great setup that got completely trashed for a bigger and shittier story. After the Inquisitor from S1 died and Ashoka showed up again it all went downhill from there. Now it's just about cramming as much clone wars shit into each season and the inevitable buildup to rogue one's events.

More like the Mandalore plot got clumsily inserted, and is now taking over half the main plot, along with some sort of battle on Lothal. Rogue one is just teasing and connections. Mando's, and some pointless episodes in season 3 are more bothersome.

I'm not sure why, but after Season 7 of American Dad it just felt like the helium had left the balloon. Where there had been strings of banter coupled with quite witty back and forth snark, there was now just expositional dialogue that maybe would come with a sight gag or a quip after a minute of setup, which half the time wasn't even that funny.

Probably wasn't as bad as Family Guy's nosedive but it hurt more to have it happen to such a better show.

the battle droids vs clones vs stormtroopers episode just completely killed it all for me.

Shit I haven't kept up with the show in over 3 years

Last thing I remember was everyone losing their shit over Twi wings.

Does xiaolin showdown/chronicles count?

Wasn't really normal Season rot either so much as Dexter's Lab syndrome where the creator abandoned the show but they tried to go on anyway.

The Problem was season 4 had liek 21 episodes which was too much. A show should only have 10 - 16 episodes per season, it's hard not to burn out

In terms of Sup Forums-related material, Human Target comes to mind.