How do we save modern animation?

how do we save modern animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html?amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whats wrong with it?

The heat makes him cranky and the only room with an air conditioner he got to stay in was at his school.

If they browsed Sup Forums instead of tumblr things might be going smoother.

Unless Gisnep makes some more decent cartoons to balance the amount of shit ones, we're doomed.

You can't. It's dead.

they overuse the same angle
characters are designed to be seen solely from that angle
shitty perspective to be honest

What's wrong with Phineas and Ferb?

>1. Burn it all to the ground
>2. Bring anime back to kids TV so they can know what true quality is
>3. Wait about 15 years and then revive the US industry with a crop of animators who have grown up to know what animation is supposed to be like
It's foolproof.

>complains about decline of western animation
>other than New Family Guy and Simpsons most of these examples are actually good

Regular show, and SpongeBob movie

>a group of anons is capable of doing something

Anyone who believes this doesn't deserve to live.

Besides the fact that it's a shitty Kim Possible ripoff?

I... uhh... don't think I can take that accusation seriously.

>they overuse the same angle
>characters are designed to be seen solely from that angle
>shitty perspective to be honest

The person that made that image said that he did it just as bait, and that it took him a lot of time to find the right poses, and even admited that it wasnt true.

Truly, the best option is suicide.

Explain.

they did? where?

we can whine online and complain in the animators' twitter until animation gets good 20 years from now and then claim that we saved it

Oh boy, another one of these threads?

They have practically nothing in common other than an unusual animal crimefighter and an incompetent mad scientist villain, and even then those existed way before KP.

Actual problem with animation
Its all our fault for not putting the effort forth.

>we let it die

Dude, NONE of that is the same. Literally fucking none of it. Holy shit, you can be a fan of something and that's cool, but the sheer autism to correlate it to P&F is sad. There is nothing similar what so ever between the two shows.

It basically takes Kim's twin brothers and Rufus, and puts the focus on them. While keeping the two main parts of the show strictly separate for the most part, the interactions between which were the source of much of the awesomeness in KP.

Also it's WAY too repetitive. (And Drakken > Doof any day, even the name is better.)

Why'd you gotta bring P+F into that? That animation is charming

You sound like that guy who thought he was a genius for noticing the similarites between Johnny Test and Dexter's Lab, but was severely disappointed when he went online and discovered that other people had the same observation, so now you're trying to make up for it by pulling shit out of your ass.

This is completely asinine

I could literally describe it as AU!KP + lolsorandomness, and be uncannily accurate.

And I actually read up the JT/DL thing online, so I'm probably not the user you're thinking of. Though in retrospect that is obvious as fuck.

The animation was nearly nonexistent. The writing was clever though

Cancel all the other shows and beg Hirsch to give Gravity Falls a 3rd season. Fuck it, even on that pic the relative quality of the show is obvious.

You really want a solution? Here's one: fire all network executives.

I still don't see how it works. So what, theres two genius twin brothers, theres a wacky pet, and theres crimefighting other than that theres literally nothing in common in both tone and execution.

Your a fucking nutter m8

I could spoon feed you and take 15 minutes writing out how each show is vastly different but you are too retarded to understand the simple plot aspects. Let alone the fact the two brothers in P&F weren't even biologically related what so ever.

So would weirdmageddon be retconned?

>Let alone the fact the two brothers in P&F weren't even biologically related what so ever.
Because that fundamentally affected the plot?

I'm not paid enough to answer that question.

i may not be the best artist and i'm still learning but goddamn, this makes me feel ungodly rage and a somber sadness. having learned art history i can say that while contemporary art create a lot of freedom in being able to express one's self you also learn the basic THE BASICS of art cause anyone can put sticks together and call it an abstract manifestation of human happiness in agony but an artist that knows better can create a work that truly shows that without looking like a know nothing ass.

>The Spongebob Movie
>Modern

how do we shut you the fuck up?

>anyone can put sticks together and call it an abstract manifestation of human happiness in agony

You're hired for 4 seasons. We'll call it "Stick it to 'Em!" You get Kristen Schaal.

It's not even 20 years old yet.

That's basically the problem with modern illustrators in general.

They take inspiration from their peers and pop culture. They don't have artist backgrounds, they have fanny backgrounds.

Making stuff as a fan and making stuff as an artist are two completely different things.

For fuck's sake there are "artists" who've never even studied renaissance paintings. There are "artists" who've never studied SURREALIST paintings, and that's not even that long ago! There are "artists" who make "what i, like, feel like making, man, and if like, people like it, then thats, like, cool, dude" instead of studying what makes good art and trying to communicate something transcendent in art that will be of actual literal intellectual and cultural value. That's not even an exaggeration, art saved the fucking world, art has changed perceptions and conceptions in ways that seem fantastical. There's nothing more meaningful in art than to do that, and yet cartoonists, illustrators, animators, they all circlejerk and play popularity contests with their peers. You only have to look at superhero comics to see how fucking harmful having fanatics take over creativity is compared to people with artist backgrounds from beforehand.

This isn't what I wanted....

>guy shows up to leaf school and says "YOU SUCK" to students
>group of them asks him to show them how to be better
>"Uhhh, I must go now, my methadone clinic needs me."
>Note: John K died on the way back to his home planet

And thats why art history was part of my school's curriculum even though I'm not an art history major cause these class along with life drawing and drawing fundamentals are key to understanding how the art in museums are where they are today.

Yeah it fundamentally affected the way P&F interacted, not to mention that the bros in KP were twins and acted nearly like hivemind

by ending every single one of the shows in this image who hasn't endeded yet

shit typo

Fugging gommies slowly started ruining everything during the 50's and 60's. Walt Disney (American hero who testified against communism) could have prevented this.

The NEET uprising against (((college))) spearheaded by film and animation enthusiasts will revolutionize the industry and form their own businesses one day, trust me. You think I'm joking when I say this.

>that pic

>a bunch of nobodies who think they understand anything at all about animation itself trying to bitch and moan as loud as they can

by paying for it

Overuse of simple art style to make animation more fluid.

bean mouth syndrome

Actually, it was the CIA that backed modern art, as a way of combating the perception that communists were more artistically liberated.

google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html?amp

Protip: commies were more artistically liberated, soviet animation blows the fuck out of japanimation and american animation. Problem is that communism is also shit and unsustainable and everyone got sent to gulags, but if you didn't protest the government you actually had really generous subsidies to make whatever fucking animation and art you wanted to make. There were still people who made anti communist movies, but it was pretty discrete.

(((cia))) is full of scum. President Truman and Eisenhower both knew this and spoke out about it. JFK knew and tried to stop them, and they blew his brains out.
>Protip: commies were more artistically liberated, soviet animation blows the fuck out of japanimation and american animation.
lol

>hire TMS, they'll save thd industry you guys!

only support the animated film industry and encourage more anime studios to make use of western video services when the otakus inevitably die out, forcing Japan to branch out to its international consumers.

Haven't been relevant in 30 years and I don't care what sperg knows it.

What you think he has the time to teach everyone on the planet who wants to learn animation?

The CIA is the enemy of god, terry davis on his mission to BTFO the CIA.

2 threads after he made this pic man. How am I suppused to show it to you? Archive of the time is dead.

>those showcased pieces

And that kid is why art collages are complete wastes of space.

I mean holy shit, those pictures would fit more at home on deviantArt than a fucking collages that costs thousands to attend.

>Showing good animated shows
>Not adding Star VS the Forces of Evil
Y tho?

It isn't popular enough to be relevant to mainstream audiences.

You can't. The Jews had a takeover of Disney and pinned down the rest of the animation industry and now nothing will be allowed on TV unless it's ugly in content and appearance; like they corrupt all art and promote degeneracy.

You know what happens when a show gets brought back after being cancelled. Remember Family Guy?

>fine art

theres your problem faggot. fine artists dont give a shit about animation, they only give a shit about the most pretentious way they can convey some super entitled message to show their complete lack of self awareness.

it's illustration you want to look to in order to get an idea of how people are being trained for animation these days. illustration is the major that breaks people and forces them to become cogs in the entertainment industry's lowest rungs

That's not even the case with Adventure time though. That one image isn't representative of the entire show.

Kick out the Jews and give corporations less power.

>fine art
>theres your problem faggot

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Fine Arts courses have been garbage since before the animation industry existed. They didn't suddenly get bad when no one was looking.

Didn't mean for that to sound sarcastic by the way. I'm genuinely happy that someone else can see the flaw in that pasta.

Those pictures are an insult to deviant art.
They'd never even make it to the front page
well maybe on a slow day

Still going, still going, over, still going, don't know, over, etc.

So in other words, the image is a list of everything that has currently Gone Wrong.

It starts by having a better attitude.
And becoming content creators yourselves.
If you don't like what's out there- try your darndest to make something you like yourself instead of waiting. Yeah, it's extremely hard- but a very worth endeavor. Things don't come to those who sit around all grumpy.

Believe me.

uncle grandpa season 6

>"What do you mean? All of us here draw very well"
I don't want to call Williams a liar, but that's hard to believe coming out of anyone's mouth, even a master artist. The bit about being mobbed for instruction also smells sharply of bullshit.

>The NEET uprising
As a NEET posting amongst a NEET collective, I can assure you that the best uprising a NEET can manage is rising out of bed before noon.

You're probably thing you're smart and enlightened because you post shit like this.
Your post is not better than a facebook motivational meme

Not really...
I see a lot of people around here with bad, lazy attitudes complaining that things aren't good enough.
I just want people to get off their butts and apply themselves. Some great stuff could come out of it. That's my honest opinion.

Which is impressive on Dan and Swampy's part since they were pitching that show eight years before Kim Possible premiered.

Well the American industry has always sided on undercutting the cost of animation. The best shows have relied on original writing while usually outsourcing the animation to another company. Which will only every use one cheap style of animation.

Take Bojack Horseman the writing is what makes people like it. It's animated by a company called ShadowMachine that also has done. Jeff and some aliens, Greatest Party Story Ever, and Trip Tank. All of those shows have awful, cheap as hell animation. Studios like Shadow Machine and Bento Box will continue to get work because this is how those corporations create animation.

The only real solution is for the american industry to eclipse by cheaper liscencing for asia, and or France putting out more animation like What Ankama studios is doing with Wakfu and Dofus.

>he doesn't like the original spongebob movie

You can't. They don't need to be better so they will never be better. This is adequate. No motivation or incentive to grow.

You're thinking of Star Vs

Most people appreciate animation, but they also appreciate working in other careers. You don't have to animate to appreciate it, that's just fucking elitist bullshit. This old "Why don't YOU do it better???" argument is actually kind of disrespectful to the audience.

No, no, I'm not really pushing the "why don't YOU do it" thing.
I'm referring to artists/writers here who don't feel like trying to better themselves and stagnate, really.

It's weird how of all the designs, Phineas and Ferb changed the least.

Boycott low budget cartoons.
"We want quality; not quantity."

It'd also be nice if animation studios were spread out. Why do they got to be on the coast where the cost of living makes it an undesirable career choice.

This looks pretty dope, where's this from?

top fucking kek m8

>modern animation
The Simpsons have been airing longer than most anons have been alive.

Yeah but modern Simpsons looks like shit

I'll buy it, Williams is a master of the craft. If John K had said it I'd have some doubts.

I will give you that.

Is this AU?

I don't care what anybody says, I love Dr. Sessler.

the only shows that rely completely on the 3/4s angle are the simpsons, phineas and ferb, and family guy because the artstyle only accommodates that angle, look at the few frames when a simspson character is facing the camera, they look like monsters with pig snouts and canine jaws.

but a show like sponge bob frequently uses many angles and changes the character appearance for gags. since sponge bob was influenced by ren and stimpy the show is very expressive. regular show and uncle grandpa also do exaggerated poses and angles.

it really just comes down to if the show is doing realism or surrealism. if its doing realism (simpsons, family guy, gravity falls, phineas and ferb) then it trys to keep the character's grounded and limits expression (even though phineas and ferb and gravity falls have fantastical and unrealistic elements its still grounded in reality, the setting is earth in a normal town not a town populated by anthro gumball machines or sea creatures) . if its surrealism (regular show, spongebob, uncle grandpa, adventure time) then it has free roam to have expression and dynamic angles since its not trying to be realistic.