Mystery Incorporated did Gravity Falls better than Gravity Falls before it

Mystery Incorporated did Gravity Falls better than Gravity Falls before it.

>It was scarier
>It had better writing
>Every main characters was flawed but had character growth
>Almost every episode had a self-contained mystery unlike GF where only the main plot was a mystery and everything else just paranormal shit. This made SD:MI's fillers more engaging
>It did the whole "over the top, bunch of characters cameo to stop bad guy in hellish apocalypse" climax better
>The plot unravelled itself slowly, making the final bad guy actually surprising while GF revealed its final bad guy in Season 1 with barely any twists after besides "muh brother" along the way

Mystery Incorporated is the thinking man's Gravity Falls

Prove me wrong
Pro tip:you can't

Gravity Falls didn't have shit relationship shit

And this one admitted that that girl in the sweater a bitch.

>Gravity Falls didn't have shit relationship shit
Every other episode was Mabel getting a new crush or Dipper pining over Wendy.

Meant to reply to

>a crush and a running gag are relationship drama
No

It also had a stronger overarching plot. The latter half of season one and season two had momentum and contributed to the overall story, while still having mostly stand-alone stories. GF didn't really get into high-gear until near the second half of the second year.

Also, everything building up to the finale felt better paced and not rushed like GF's. No stopping for last-minute filler, all the foreshadowing paid off, and even the ending felt like it had consequences, despite the fact that the universe got rebooted.

Don't forget

>no bill cipher

Feels good

what exactly is the appeal of that guy again?

>knows that Bill is an overrated mediocre villain
My nigga.

Husbando bullshit as far as I can tell

Fuck yeah

>scarier
what are you 8?

To be fair, the Evil Entity was pretty generic as a final boss. Pericles and Mister E made up for it, though.

My brother

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly.

Gravity Falls had like two likable and fleshed out characters compared Mystery inc's dozen or so.

What's wrong with saying that? Relatively speaking, they got away a bunch of creepier stuff than Gravity Falls. It's like how Courage the Cowardly Dog wasn't the scariest thing ever but compared to other kids cartoons it was relatively horrifying.

Which made it an appropriate "final boss" character. Bill was just Alex Hirsch wanting to hear his own voice say funny jokes in a show he already had total control over.

I'm getting sick of major characters that exist in cartoons just for the creator's self aggrandizement

>and even the ending felt like it had consequences, despite the fact that the universe got rebooted.

That pissed me off so much. Grunkle Stan sacrificing himself like that to stop Bill really got to me. It felt perfect for his character and it could've made for a bittersweet ending. But then the stupid Scrapbook Ex Machina came and wrecked everything.

I'm pretty happy that they both exist. I'm less concerned which is better than the fact that I enjoyed the hell out of them.

>But then the stupid Scrapbook Ex Machina came and wrecked everything.

Ugh, this so much. I would have loved to see a melancholy end to the series, that perhaps could have been resolved in a movie or a special sometime later.

No there shouldn't be a resolution to the Stan memory wipe at all. It should stay like that as some kind of meaningful sacrifice to end the show off of.

That's why I added "perhaps". I guess I didn't articulate myself well enough: What I meant was if the creative choice HAD to be that Stan's memories would return (which Disney may very well push), it should be after the end of the series, to allow some time between the sacrifice and resolution.

What did you want from it, an actual cannibal child rapist to be a villain? Mystery Incorporated was as scary as it was allowed to be. I'm not shitting my pants over it but it's nice to not have some generic cartoon monster that's stupid looking acting as the driving force for the episode's tension.