Between Marvel and Dc, who has put out more shit comics and events over the years (including imprints)

Between Marvel and Dc, who has put out more shit comics and events over the years (including imprints)
Give examples

Marvel
>give examples
No

Then you are shit. Into the trash you go.

Marvel

Just compare their entire 90's output to DC's. DC had a renaissance during the 90's with Vertigo and JLA and JSA. Marvel had XTREME and EDGE coming out the ass.

And to be specific about the edge:

Spidey Clone Saga

Liefeld X-Force and New Mutants

Onslaught and Hero's Reborn

Like three Punisher books out at the same time

Midnight Sons

That's a whole decade where DC was unquestionably superior to Marvel. And so far unless Marvel pulls off a miracle in the next three years this decade is going to be another curbstomp in DC's favor.

Fuck off loser

90's were a real shit show. And yeah, they need to step up their shit right now

Marvel:
>Fear Itself
>AvX
>Sixis
>Original Sin
>Secret Wars 2
>CW2
>IvX
>Secret Empire

Should probably specify that Secret Wars 2 means Secret Wars 2015, as there was an actual Secret Wars 2 in 1985

Marvel. DC's had some whoppers to be sure, but Marvel is in its own league for fuck ups.

Spidey's got it worst though. OMD, Trouble. this anons stuff. Plus the events and stuff. I think the reason its so bad is because Marvels bad comics have a really lasting impact upon the characters. A bad comic that doesn't have a lasting impact can be forgotten and ignored. But a bit even that shakes things up and screws things over? It taints a character for YEARS.

Plus I think a lot of Marvels bad comics have had character tainting moments. For some reason its a lot easier to forgive a character doing something bad/evil than something legal and understandable but perhaps because its closer to real life, something like cheating or hitting a girl (you know who I'm talking about) hangs over a character much more. #

Add in a few deliberate character assassinations (Wanda, Steve Rogers) and a terrible spree of Hero v Hero events. Those really damage the characters even after the events are over.

DC I think manages to avoid that, or at least keep it out of the main continuity.

Marvel has put out more events in the last five years than DC has since Crisis.

Also character shilling, shitting on characters, being more prone to flanderization

Pretty much this

FPBP

Do your own googling OP you faggot

>Sixis
What is that user? Been out of the loop.

>give examples
>Have you been under a rock the last 10 years?

ftfy

Axis looks like Sixis

DC at it's worst has premises that are still sound conceptually or at the very least grab your attention. At least for the New 2 so far Year one gives us a glimpse at what the early days were like while they were still proto-heros, Forever Evil is when the bad guys win, Future's End gave every book an endgame issue to wrap things up, etc

Man, I don't know what Axis is, holy shit.
Even if DC has bad events atleast we get good tie-ins from it, I like the Convergence tie-ins, they were pretty gud.

>Like three Punisher books out at the same time
>Midnight Sons
But that was all good...

This.

What makes or breaks a comic is not the plot, its how the characters are handled. A GOAT plot with shitty characterisation will be a shit comic. A poor plot with good characterisation will be fine, or at worst forgotten about.

If the characterisation is bad, then its a fucking disaster than lasts years that the character can never recover from.

This guy nailed it.

Look at Finch's Wonder Woman as an example. A godawful interpretation of the character, that would have eternally tainted the legacy of the Amazons, Donna Troy, and Diana herself if it continued to be canon. But right after she was taken off the book, literally none of it was canon anymore. In a few years even Sup Forums will have to be forcibly reminded that it exists to even remember it at all.

Compare and contrast with, say, One More Day

>>Fear Itself
Piss off, that was a plenty decent Thor/Cap centric story. Didn't have any grave mis-characterizations or characters acting like assholes/idiots to serve the plot like many of those others.
And no Odin doesn't count.
Bucky's "death" isn't a flaw, Brubaker said it was going to happen regardless if it was in a event or not and the epilogue issue were he gets brought back was good.
Had a single consistently great artist all the way through.
Some badass designs.
Way too many tie ines but some really good ones among them.

Everyone's pointing towards Marvel

>Midnight Sons

Ketch Ghost Rider is something I have a lot of nostalgia for. One of my first comics was a Midnight Sons issue with a blood red cover. The first time I saw Dr. Strange he wore his Midnight Sons outfit that he's never worn since.

But user, I'm sorry bro but objectively the Midnight Sons were like Vertigo filtered through an Image comics mentality. They sucked.

There's a good reason for that.

DC at its lowest would be something like Identity Crisis or the DC films where it was trying its hardest to BE like Marvel Comics.

DC at its best is DC. Marvel at its best is Marvel. But DC at its worst is Marvel, and Marvel at its worst is Marvel.

Not to mention looking back at how Marvel is now in a few years is going to be painful. Compare Multiversity to Secret Wars. Compare Marvel Legacy (muh variant covers!) to DC Rebirth.

>at least keep it out of the main continuity
People can shit on reboots all they want, and some times the reboots deserves to be shat on, but it is a good tool to prune some shit out of the continuity

Definitely Marvel.

Yes, DC can get bad, but recently? They got their act together BIG TIME! And for every one event DC does, Marvel does 3 more the same year. Not to mention, DC is willing to try different stuff, like crossover with Power Rangers, Looney Tunes, and Star Trek. Marvel can't even crossover with Star Wars in their own damn company!

>Not to mention looking back at how Marvel is now in a few years is going to be painful. Compare Multiversity to Secret Wars. Compare Marvel Legacy (muh variant covers!) to DC Rebirth.
Marvel needs to get its shit together, it's been embarrassing in the past years

>I'm sorry bro but objectively the Midnight Sons were like Vertigo filtered through an Image comics mentality
What the fuck is wrong with that?

It also helps that these crossovers tend to be pretty good. I was surprised how much fun the looney tunes and power ranger crossovers were.

The Batman TMNT crossover was also good. I'd love it if a shot of the Batcave had a little red bit of mask off int he corner in some random issue of Batman.