So will the Good Dinosaur usurp this as "Most Forgotten Pixar Movie?"

So will the Good Dinosaur usurp this as "Most Forgotten Pixar Movie?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPhrxtwz0Pc
youtu.be/VLbWnJGlyMU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You shut your whore mouth that movie is a treasure.

Flik has a show and a character meet-n-greet at Animal Kingdom. Good Dinosaur has NOTHING, not even in Dinoland

>Most Forgotten Pixar Movie?
You mean Brave?

good dinosaur didn't have bug waifus in it.

or any girl characters for that matter.

You're thinking of 'antz' user. So forgettable it's always mistaken for the superior 'A Bugs Life'

A Bug's Life is a classic

Fuck outta here

A Bugs life is the better looking movie.
Antz is just straight up a better movie.

is not our fault if you have alzheimer

there was a sister dinosaur

Why is Bug's Life mostly ignored with Disney pretending it never happened?

It's crazy how overlooked A Bug's Life is. Even I don't remember anything about it.

>If I didn't promise mama's death bed that I wouldn't kill ya, I WOULD KILL YA.
>do you want it? come and get it.

Because Bug's Life is just Seven Samurai

That movie was pretty good, no need to be mean.
Plus I may have fapped to it.

>A Bug's Life
>being anywhere close to the most forgotten Pixar movie

Are you new...?

People need to know something exists before forgetting about it. Good Dinosaur flew under the radar compared to Bug's Life.

What isn't at this point.

anyone else skipped TGD?

the premise was lame and character designs offputting.

Forgotten =/= Bad

This poster looks really ne...

I can agree with this.

god Kevin Spacey never gets enough credit for that movie, he was so good.

you should watch it just for the incredibly beautiful landscapes. It's pretty obvious that they knew TGD wouldn't do so hot so they turned it into a tech demo of sorts.

STOP BULLING HER, SHE IS ONLY FOR HUG!

MAKE HER SUFFER

and that glorious brutality.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPhrxtwz0Pc

STOP!

antz is just as formulaic. I can appreciate the gritty look but the characters are annoying as fuck.

Antz is dreamworks though

I really love this film. It has that early Pixar feeling that I miss nowadays.

Nah, so far the only Pixar movies I've skipped have been the Cars sequels. Coco looks like it could be skip #3 though.

...but why?

Yeah, you can definitely see a stark difference between the infamous "lunch meeting" movies and the stuff that's come since.

Almost everything about it just seems kind of meh - the characters, the story... the only thing that's got me on the fence is that the visuals for the Land of the Dead have a very nice, Miyazaki-esque feel to them from the couple of shots we've seen in the trailer. But other than that I just have no enthusiasm for this movie.

>I just have no enthusiasm for this movie

Neither do I. At least Incredibles 2 is coming out next year.

I hope so, the good dinosaur is garbage, while a bug's life is amazing.

I'm concerned by the fact that we've heard basically nothing about it so far.

you'll be disappointed, you know it.
i get it, also we already had a movie about a human trapped in the mexican underworld. not as polished but looked great.

A Bugs Life is a fucking masterpiece, probably the second best Pixar movie after Ratatouille.

Because it's a shit ripoff of Book of Life

no , they're totallty different, one is a story told by underworld rulers about a love triangle!

Hopper is the most effective leader ever put into a Pixar movie. He balances respect and fear from the rest of the grasshoppers so fucking well.

Rashomon

I don't think people have forgotten about A Bug's Life. They still show it on TV and there's Bug's Land in DCA.

But yes Good Dinosaur will be forgotten probably.

In order for good dinosaur to be forgotten people have to know about it

Between being a Magnificent Seven remake and that weird ass videogame literally no one has ever forgetten Bugs Life, OP. Unless you're, like, 12.

Best part of the movie. I ended up watching it solely because I found out the villains were asshole pterodactyls and was not disappointed. The reverse sharkfin thing was genius.

Antz was fucking terrible, what is wrong with you?

Literally ripping off Kubo and The Book of Life.

Everything about that was pretty bad except the shark fins, background, and music.

Brave was Pixar?

Unfortunately.

Really seemed like average Diseny standard

The two studios are essentially interchangeable at this point.

I hate those designs for the skeletons.

Giving them eyeballs in too big eyesockets makes them so much more morbid and unappealing. Book of Life did it right.

I unironically want a sequel for A Bug's Life

The Good Dinosaur is unironically the worst animated movie I've ever seen. So cliché and boring its unbelieveable.
Even Book of Life which is another shit movie is better than that pile of garbage.

And they have lips.
Either make them skeletons or don't, Pixar!

why the fuck do we always get 'generic shot of multiple characters looking worried at offscreen object'?

For some reason, when I look at their skele faces, I get a "black face" vibe.

Bug's Life has a 3D thing at Disney World. It's not forgotten

Finding Dory. I saw it and hated it and I've never met anyone else who saw it.

Winner winner chicken dinner fokes

No that would be the Incredibles.

Well, you have the movies that are actually Yojimbo, and also the ones that are Shakespeare. That just about covers everything under the sun.

the fact that that unforgettable pile of bleh beat Wreck it Ralph boils my piss.

Would the dinosaur costume be a two person job?

That's not how I remember it.

We desperately need more fanart of bug waifus

Post your faves, and I may draw one or two of them, a full list of them if you would.

Rosie's the best, followed by Gypsy

Yea but Cars is Doc Hollywood, Incredibles are Fantastic Four, and Monsters Inc is Little Monsters,

Good Dinosaur is probably the most simplistic of the Pixar movies. Which makes it incredibly boring to watch, it only has thew A story which is the one dinosaur trying to get home.

Toy Story, TS2, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Finding Dory, all the other "We need to get home!" movies had a B plot with more comedy characters to make sure things do not slow down to a crawl.

Good Dinosaur was just the whiny dino and his non talking dog-human friend. No other cast to keep it worth watching throughout the whole thing. We stop seeing the rest of his family after he gets lost, and there is a while before he comes across the tyranno ranglers.

Even Brave had a comedy B plot to it.

My favorite Pixar villain, he's a great character.

That's gangster. In the spic dub, they toned that down for sure, he said "te haria añicos" ("i would crush you into pieces" or something like that).

more forgotten than dinosaur?

So can Disney not make movies with Dinosaurs or something?

youtu.be/VLbWnJGlyMU

>>The Good Dinosaur is unironically the worst animated movie I've ever seen.

it seriously was not that bad

one of pixar's most mediocre for sure, but it had enough highlights to make it a passably worthwhile watch for me

I can't see how this would possibly be the worst animated movie you've ever seen unless you've only watched like... two dozen other animated movies in your whole life and they were all incredible

Antz was so ugly that if I ever go to prison I'm gonna get the main ants face tattooed on my ass so no one will be able to rape me

they cant make good movies with them

I think even the dinosaur part of Fantasia is kind of slow and dull most of the time.

I can understand thinking it's among the worst. Not because it was cliche or boring, but because the whole movie is a pacing wreck. It's constantly jumping between going too fast and too slow, but never really focuses on anything. It feels like one of those anime movies where they chop a 13 episode anime down to an hour. The important scenes are all there, but it feels like the scenes that built up to them are missing.

Man what happened to the Pixar that had WALL-E, Up, and Toy Story 3 in three straight years.

I know this is going to sound very "My dad works at Nintendo" but I'll say it anyways. My old neighbor who works at Pixar said that Brave was entirely formulated by a council doing demographic testing, instead of one person having a hit idea. Even the Good Dinosaur began as single dude's idea, but it went through so many reworkings that it turned into the bland mush that is is.

All this time I thought Zootopia was Pixar.

I read somewhere that Lasseter treats WDAS like "new girlfriend" and Pixar like "old wife" since like 2010. maybe that's the reason?

Up was garbage past the first 5 minutes. The second half feels like someone melted down a copy of Cars 2, laced a knife with it and then repeatedly stabbed your balls.

Wall-E was too pure for this world.

It's weird how I associate this more with Animal Kingdom than I do with Pixar.

By the way, can someone give me a quick rundown on those shocks they used in the Animal Kingdom ride? Do they actually shock you or poke you, or what was that shit? I'm trying to recall it because it's weird to think about and so not-Disney.

Same thing happened to Ratatouille, for a while majority of the crew just hated Byrd for raping the original concept and then sending the movie through half a dozen reworkings until it was not recognizable from the original concept.

So it is not always a terrible thing, it has given them results in the past. But nearly every movie from Disney goes through the same demographic testing hell for the first two years of development.

Sounds like bullshit. Neither movies were bland, they were just bad. What focus group would turn a character into a bear who then almost mauls her own daughter?

In fact, Good Dinosaur wasn't even bad. It looked fantastic, the acting was nice and there were a couple of memorable scenes, like the father dying and the T-rex. It's a perfectly serviceable movie.

I already saw "The Book of Life"

No

No, ridiculous late hour concepts that never match the story are pretty much exactly what you get when you do focus testing during production.

You can have a 10/10 scene set up but a few kids will shout something like "I want a talking dog!" and the suits will demand that be in the movie and rework the scene until it happens.

Really? If you have time you should watch "Imagining Zootopia" documentary to see how Pixar influenced that movie.
Its on YouTube, easy to find.

Checks out because I also wanted two bears to maul the MC by the end of it.

Pretty sure someone in the focus test shouting

>The potion should turn her into a bear!

is what happened here.

Probably with a few others demanding some mother/daughter adventure be added to the movie as well which is how the film changed gears so abruptly 2/3 through the movie.

>In 3D and REAL D

If I wanted a cock up my arse I'd just go to the next showing of Batman vs. Superman

Why is that one skull so 'fat'? Skulls aren't supposed to be fat.