What's the deal with Galacta? Is she canon?

What's the deal with Galacta? Is she canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

webofchaos.blogspot.com/2017/02/breeding-ground-chapter-84.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sadly no

Fortunately no.

She should team up with Gwenpool. They could be roommates.

No, but Ewing has set up a perfect opportunity to introduce a new version of her into 616.

The whole cosmic hierarchy is in flux and there's no one to take the place of the consumer of worlds now that he's the life bringer.

please send this to Ewing's twitter
he's responsive to fans

Gwen could live inside Galacta

Is this a vore thing or a macro thing?

Know what, Either way I'm hard.

I hope Ewing brings her to 616 then promptly kills her off.

>another almost non-existent character with zero personality traits that only is popular due to fetish shit/waifuism
Goddamnit fuck off back to Sup Forums with this shit.

Isn't there a chance to make her a good character though?

No.

I'm imagining Gwen hanging posters and assembling an Ikea couch inside Galacta's womb.

Get Ewing on this shit Lads!
While you're at it, get him to do something with The Imperfects.

is Warren a bad writer

>Imperfects
Does Marvel even have the rights to still use them?

Your imagination is overwhelming.

Yea

>wanting little G written by anyone but Warren
>wanting her drawn in generic house style

>Gwenpool encounters Gali and proceeds to have an existential crisis because it means her comic might not be canon and she'll lose her plot armor

This is a good idea

>big deal is made of the status quo, the Sysyphis myth, and Galactus becoming the Devourer again in Ultimates^2 #1
>Galactus willfully gives up his lifebringer powers to Galacta so a shitty babby Galactus doesn't ruin the universe with a job she's not ready for yet

Should she join the Champions?

Isn't she too overpowered for a team book, or even conventional villains at that?

Plus it'd be like if all of your co-workers were chicken tenders

Didn't stop the Sentry from hanging around the Avengers and anti-Avengers for years.

In this case, she could comically want to avoid drawing her dad and cosmic uncles reprimands.

Plus Galactus is literally THE Jobber, no reason his kid can't be one either. If your powers are conditional and you need shit to go you can just have it taken away.

I don't think she has uncles besides eternity though. Unless Reed is supposed to be like a godfather? I wonder if Galactus is bummed he hasn't shown Franklin his sick lifebringer threads yet.

Shit, thats funny

It was the best screw up I've seen.

Eh, that faux super-anime style wouldn't really mesh with the rest of Marvel's look.

>Plus it'd be like if all of your co-workers were chicken tenders

Good source of humor/drama. We've seen this before with vampire characters working with normal people.

I think no matter what you'd have to nerf her a bit to work her into other stories. I did like the idea of her basically being a roommate of someone like Squirrel Girl to keep constant surveillance on her with the story building up to a point in which she finally loses control of her hunger and becomes the villain.

>Plus Galactus is literally THE Jobber, no reason his kid can't be one either.

She doesn't need to be, though. Galactus had to be a jobber because an eternal being of nearly limitless power can't just kill everyone or there'd be no story.

Galactca is still a child who isn't used to her power or place in the universe, so she's already sufficiently handicapped to operate at reasonable story levels.

Naw, throw her on a team with Starbrand, Nightmask, Alpha, and Singularity.

Young cosmic/omage level heroes!

I'd like to see such a team go up against something they can't use their powers on, or are severely constrained.

Just because she's not canon *NOW* does not mean that Marvel won't bend to fan desires or even public perceptions and retcon her into canon.
The X-Men story God Loves Man Kills was intended as non-canon and the response went so well that it was made canon after the fact.
Ultimate Marvel was intended from the start to be completely isolated from regular 616 continuity until 616 caught up to and then surpassed the quality of Ultimate books, now we've gotten that universe integration that was asked for by fans twenty years ago.
"Agents of H.A.T.E." (or whatever that one was called) got a retcon into canon despite being a joke comic.
Hell, even the reverse is true: that X-Statix book was made non-canon (except for Doop) just because nobody ever believed it was canon.
Even little comic factoids and details are said to be untrue and then returned to canon all the time depending on how capable any given writer is.

>Agents of H.A.T.E.
>Doesn't remember Nextwave's name
C'mon user.

Yeah but Brevoort is pretty adamant she won't be so whatever
>so she's already sufficiently handicapped to operate at reasonable story levels.
Depends on what "reasonable" means in this context, but I feel like having her get into a physical conflict with anyone is wasting her intra-personal conflict anyway.

Damn it, user. Now I want a book starring Galacta, Franklin, & Valeria.

She's about as canon as Aunt May secretly being Peter's actual mother.

Technically yes, but by virtue of nobody remembering it or wanting to continue it, no.

You'd have to bring in someone working at the level of Jack Kirby or Niel Gamon, someone who absolutely fucking lives and breathes metaphysical and anthropomorphic concept writing.

>"adamant"
Dude, you might just be too young to remember this, but in the '90s Marvel just would not shut up about how the Ultimate U would never-ever-ever touch anything 616.
Opinions change.

what's the deal with Warren
why doesn't he do Big 2 comics

I dunno, but I'm happier with him doing Empowered, so I'm okay with it.

>is literally just their babysitter

webofchaos.blogspot.com/2017/02/breeding-ground-chapter-84.html

Warren, Fiffe, Graham, Stokoe, Felipe Smith, Sam Alden and Nate Powell should do superhero things and make comics interesting again
Yang, Way, Hastings, Castellucci and Russell can only do so much

She's non-canon and hasn't updated her twitter since 2009.

Unf...

goodbye forever, dipshit

>fuck off to Sup Forums with this
>meanwhile Sup Forums has multiple "which unknown side character do you waifu" threads
user...

Empowered vol 10 scan come out yet? Everything says July 4th but it's already out?

Do you think following her on Twitter in the Marvel U would be seen as uncouth?

>why doesn't he do Big 2 comics

He does every few years. There was that Deadpool backup story last year. But I'm not sure he's pitched anything to either of them in a while.

While the pay is good, it seems like he doesn't want there to be too many delays between Empowered volumes. And even if it don't make as much money, at least he owns it.

I'd just keep her as a very minor supporting character. The joke being that most of the older heroes don't believe she actually exists, while pretty much every younger hero is following her on Twitter. She mostly exists for times when the Champions or whoever need exposition about some cosmic parasite they encounter.

The Ultimate Universe didn't even exist in the 90's, the fuck are you even talking about?

That is actually hilarious, has something like that been done before with Gwen?

>okay all I have to do is NOT allow her to have any internal narration bubbles of her own and that means I'll still be the protagoni-
>Why is this girl's word boxes pink?
>OH NO ITS ALREADY HAPPENING

This.
Not this.

She would totally destroy the tone of Ultimates^2 though

It would be funny for galactic ti bring up the fact he has a daughter with a kid that no one talks about

Not yet give marvel time they are desperate.

In my heart.

Desperate marvel would go back to old characters not bring in new ones

Not if you write her to fit the tone, which is possible. I don't know why you don't think that.

She has literally a single appearance, so if you're not writing her loyal to the tone or her original book you're basically just creating a new character vaguely similar to her that may not even capture why her few fans liked her originally. Plus attempting to write her with a serious tone is a problem since her concept alone is goofy. The very idea of Galactus havinh a daughter does not lend itself to a serious tone.

How would you write her to fit the tone by the way?