SpongeBob SquarePants renewed through 2019

Nickelodeon has ordered a 12th season of the underwater animated series consisting of 26 episodes.
ew.com/tv/2017/05/23/spongebob-squarepants-renewed/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-aCoXTXanQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We know.

YAMERO

We knew this months ago when a crew member drew weird Season 12 art.

Fuck, typing season 12 feels weird

You know what? I don't care. I just don't care anymore. You know what? Maybe it's even a good thing. Think about it, it's not like spongebob is devoid of creativity, there's still writers and story boarders and everything, and I'm sure that those people get a nice sense of satisfaction that comes from being able to artistically express yourself in front of millions. Yeah, maybe this current era of spongebob isn't the highest value of entertainments for kids to watch, but come on they could be dealing with a lot worse. Let's also consider that spongebob is a huge thing, I'd like to say that it gives at least a hundred people jobs, and that's ok in my book. And from a business standpoint I get it, a slew of new shows probably wouldn't come close to to the profits that spongebob pulls in, no matter the quality, any you know what, maybe that's a good thing for the economy as a whole, I mean the shows coming out of nick haven't been that great anyway.

yeah, I am retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=-aCoXTXanQs

Mimic Madness/House Worming was pretty good, i don't see the problem with more spongebob. Or was the rest of season 10 still bad?

But what's gonna happen after Hillenburg dies?

this shit has been on for 20 years, how are there only 12 seasons?

Reruns do great.
Also, Nick airs shit out of order, sometimes holding an episode hostage for years just because they might want to use it for a special somewhere down the line. That's not even unusual for them, they've done shit like that for several shows.

Airing really slowly.

Nickelodeon makes money from selling advertising space. Advertising space during their top-rated shows, ie Spengleburt, are very expensive and the most lucrative. But what's even MORE expensive are premiers of new episodes, and even MORE expensive than that are highly advertised specials.

By making almost every new episode into a "special" that they advertise for weeks, they maximize the profits of each episode.

Nick and CN these days are pretty much just big scams to trick advertisers into paying more per ad.

God I hope it dies before he does. Imagine wondering if your legacy, you greatest work was being destroyed with the malice of modern Spongebob. Imagine him as he wonders if his labor of love will become despised and people will forget that it was good. His mark on the world as close to erased as possible. But he'll be dead, so all he can do is wonder.
>and you can have it all

The writing will go back to shit without him, or at least it will be directionless

>12th Season
>Show has been going on consistently for 18 years
That's not how seasons fucking work

i sincerely hope they end the show when hillenburg can't work on it any longer

I know CN's content is generally kind of weak but do they really do that as well? I remember when Nickelodeon started doing that "Spend days hyping up seemingly random Spongebob episodes" way back in Season 3 (I'm guessing they drew it out more over time). I don't remember seeing CN doing anything like that, though.

How will it end?

Let him rest

you know he choose Paul Tibbitt to be the director of season 4 right? and that he's been working closely with the show lately.

Mission Failed, we'll get'em next time

The thing about current spongebob is that it doesn't have the same direction that it used to

the early seasons were calm, had quiet moments, and you constantly knew it was underwater because of the muted colors, ocean/light waves against the background, and just a very nice Hawaiian feel, and some of the episodes had a specific "this happens underwater" plot.

now the plots are interchangeable with any series in existence and it doesn't focus on "the main characters are aquatic sealife" aside from design, like how krabs would occasionally be called a crustacean and stuff

Season 4 had a lot of good moments and even episodes, though. Who was the one who fucked it all up? Was it Derek Dryman?

Either way, shit's bunk, yo

Okay this explains all the Steven bombs that didn't quite work in that format.

Have any of you seen the most recent episodes. They're not great but serviceable

So since thats around SpongeBob's 20th Anniversary. Any hopes of getting a proper montage episode? Truth or Square was just dogshit.

CN does it differently, they play nothing but TTGO so that TTGO will always have the highest ratings and the can charge the most for air time.

Steven Bombs are actually a CONSTRUCTIVE tactic because it's show that people tune-in more for bombs than tune-in weekly. Regular airings of SU don't have high ratings and ad time is cheap.

That was really only the first season.

>shit's bunk, yo
jesus dude

at least the animation is decent, the writing is still current spongebob's way, they haven't changed it yet

I keep hearing that the newest episodes are better, but I want some more info. Are they like seasons 1-3, or just not total trash? I'm not sitting through any more toenail-ripping, infected-splinter-pulling, or snail-monster episodes...

Nasty gross ups are less common, I'm not sure if I've even seen them in these. They're returning focus back on supporting characters like Larry again, and the animation is pretty decent, especially the backgrounds at times, which changes the character's color scheme which makes a pretty scene.

But, the writing is just barley getting better, Pat can still be a retarded dick at times but it's less dickheaded and more accidentally rude at times, Sandy is still the token smart girl, and Mr Krabs is still money over living beings' lives. Plus Squid can't catch a break and Sponge is still in the right in a "clueless fuckwad" way at times

kek i just saw that season 11 episodes aired saturday even though season 10 isn't even finished airing

what the fuck nick, and the s11 eps that aired aren't even speciaIs

Derek Drymon left the show after the movie

the most important post-movie guy other than Tibbitt was Vincent Waller (who was creative director on post-movie). the show runners on post-2nd movie are Vincent and Marc Ceccarelli (regular writer/board director on seasons 8 and 9A, writer/boarder on the first 3 seasons of uncle grandpa)

I thought the season 12 thing was already confirmed but whatever. I'd be lying if I said I was surprised or happy about this news. Cartoons are progressing and I believe we should cancel spongebob (at a creative perspective anyway.)