Obscure characters that you like

Obscure characters that you like

Other urls found in this thread:

previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL171250
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fantastic design, plus the duel-wielded golden guns is cool as fuck.

Spanner's cool

This dude was going to have an ongoing in the 90s drawn by prime John Romita Jr., but it was cancelled before it ever came out. No idea why.

He only ever had a few appearances that I'm aware of and was mostly a Punisher supporting character.

Can't make em like her anymore.

Literally one of DC's best characters.

E-Man. For those of you who know the character, brand new stories by Nicola Cuti and Joe Staton will be published in the Charlton Arrow this September.
previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL171250

Beat me to it. Great taste user.

Kubert is a master. There is no comparison.

She was HUGE in the early 90s.

>why would you sleep with someone that looks like doctor doom?

Yeah, more than 20 freakin years ago.

And yes, she was in shit movie. But who cares about her now?

>Obscure

I mean, she was a major player for Iron Man stories for years, but nowadays I guess so.

E-Man was one of the most underrated indie superheroes of the 80s.

MORE!

Those original Ann Nocenti penned Typhoid Mary comics are so fucking awesome. Talk about an instantly compelling character. Very similar to Elektra in that only her original creator could handle her but she got pushed to the side because how many psycho ex gfs does Matt need?

Yep. And Hans is just one of those characters that seems to get the best out of anyone who writes/draws him.
Fucking War Idyll, man...

My Sup Forums waifu

Hasn't she been around lately as a Kate Bishop villain?

>having an impure waifu

Halo

>X-kid I like gets their own mini
Hooray!
>it's one of the worst goddamned comics I'd read
Boo

>giant pistols on back
>magazines inserted into shotgun pumps
i love comic book artists inability to draw guns

Rainbow from DNAgents

Really only a fan because of her design, but it's such an awesome fucking design.

Because Doom himself was busy that day.

how in the fuck does that look anything like doctor doom?

That line is from a Bendis book.

Between Bendis and Fraction Madame Masque has basically been completely ruined.

Just say that every appearance of Madame Masque since Bendis has been more of her Bio-Duplicates

I can accept that. We'll know for sure if she tries to join the Avengers.

So like Doombots, but weaker and can't beat Iron Man in a fight?

bendis is the worst writer ever ffs

When has a Doombot ever won?

I think half her problem is her design isn't very appealing.

I like most of DC's B and C-Listers
But few people would say they're a fan of the Atom or Plastic Man

Doombots win all the time, they just don't get confirmed as one because they weren't acting OOC for Dr. Doom

One conquered the world and eventually became the benevolent dictator Doom pretends he would be.
Of course, this is just an alternate future. It was Doombot that was briefly an Avenger.

They should give Madame Masque upgrades so that she actually can beat Iron Man in a fight

Bendis made her magic

>Madame Masque
>obscure

She's one of the go-to villains for street levels and was pretty involved with Iron Man for a good while. She's one of Kate Bishop's big villains right now.

I meant good upgrades. And ideally with good writing

I can't for the life of me understand why no one's tried to bring him back.

She, along with Spymaster, don't need to be able to go toe-to-toe with Iron Man in a fight as they represent a different kind of threat. They're indirect, soft power.

Is that Kelly's JLA run? I think all people remember from that is Plas vs. J'onn and Wonderbats shipping.
Which is a shame, because I really remember enjoying it.

Wasn't he just in that Bullseye miniseries?

My parents also taught me to never trust anyone with unnecessary alliteration in their name.

>She's one of Kate Bishop's big villains right now
>implying anyone has ever read that

Good taste.

Crow was one of my favorite parts of that series and the ancient league was filled with so many characters I would love to see again. Especially Aztec Iron man and Hebrew Martian Manhunter.

Could a modern day Iranian Enemy Ace work?

Similar powers, but I liked Argent from Jurgens' Teen Titans, who I think was the only character to appear after it ended (except that guy who Johns kept having Superboy-Prime rip arms off).

Nightshade. She is the cutest.

How did they mess up such a nice design?

Thunderstrike for me.

Starfire's brother

Who's that? Looks interesting

Detroit Steel.

Such an intentionally hack concept has to find a place in the 616 universe beyond being a one-off villain for Iron-Man.
Seriously, why wouldn't every evil corporation and third-world banana republic have one of these officially licensed Iron-Man knock-offs in their garage?
It's a brilliant idea. And all indirectly Tony Stark's fault.

I miss this big green semi-autistic motherfucker.

That's the problem with a lot of Iron Man's corporate and powered armor villains, they should be making money hand over fist by actually selling armor to various buyers.

>Detroit Steel isn't listed as being from Detroit
???

Yeah, Manitou Raven from The Obsidian Age. Him and Morrison are who I think of when it comes to The Justice League. They did awesome jobs building the relationship between the characters and giving them threats on an epic scale.

He looks like his superpower is roofies.

I just extra-love the fact that it's Tony Stark having still contributed to the world of arms manufacturing and making the world a more dangerous place just by the fact that he tried to become a superhero instead of inventing the next murder-machine that would have earned him more blood-money.
He can't even reform his evil ways without being a bastard.
... Jeezus, come to think of it, he can't even fall into a coma without his A.I, threatening the world either...
... what an epic bastard.

Another character that feels like they spent a lot of time building him up, only to never branch outside of the book he was introduced in.

Catman is my favorite DC character not named Black Manta. He was awesome in Secret Six and I even liked him in the New 52 series even if it didn't reach the heights of the first. I kind of liked that it was weird and different. I like his redemptive/transformational arc in the first series. I'm genuinely worried it's going to be a long time before anyone uses him again which is a shame as he'd go really well on a team book.

Fuck that's not Catman... Kaboomerang is really cool too though. I hope Kirkman doesn't kill him off.

I thought that might be some sort of Australian Catman who was adopted by dingos instead of lions.

Sounds like a potential future obscure favorite cape character to me!

People liked Iron Man because of such things. He's the "damned if you, damned if you don't" character. Someone like Spider-Man fights regular crooks. Captain America fights terrorists. Those guys would exist either way. But Iron Man? Many of his villains are knee-jerk reactions to him BEING Iron Man. Corporate Espionage & Internal Boardroom Politics used to play a role in IM comics. But that was a long time ago...

Also, have a Controller.

Question:

Is it better or worse when they shoehorn the B-listers into the spotlight for one great story or one great run and then they go back into the void from whence they came?
I always feel worse when the characters have that moment to shine and I know that's all I'm ever going to get.

That's part of the villainy.

I've been reading comics for decades and I've still never seen the Controller use his powers, I've seen him in comics, just never once seen him use any superpowers.

I know that feeling.
But what a moment that is.

heh

Have you seen doom recently? I want some of that.

Basil, you fucker.

I tend to leans towards it being better. They may never get another story to themselves, but at least they have one good thing to their names. Something you can point to whenever the character comes up. That's more than a lot of C-Z list characters get in their histories.

>I've been reading comics for decades and I've still never seen the Controller use his powers, I've seen him in comics, just never once seen him use any superpowers.

The last time I remember him actually using his mind control tech was way way back in Busiek's Iron Man run where he was a big bad for one arc. After that Bendis just had him run around as a generic muscleman, which is how Bendis default writes any supervillain.

As previously mentioned, Bendis and Fraction also had no clue what Madame Masque was like.

He mindraped Monica Rambeau once to make her fight Genis and sloppily make out with himself

What book was this?

Jesus, who put Doctor Fate, Hyperion and classic Iron Man in a blender?

Funnyface. He's a comic strip character brought to life you brings other comic characters torrent Superman.

Ruby Thursday, she's pretty cool.

Doesn't hurt that she has some solid superpowers either.

He should be back and on a roadtrip with Thor and Beta Ray Bill, as the younger one of the trio.

THIS KONG

There's a character that used to be pretty popular, but most people don't even remember ever existed anymore.

The Awesome Threesome are neat.

But that might just be because I like ridiculous old school robots

She transferred herself into reality and has a lucrative career as a pop star.

Panels like this makes comics worthwhile.

Element Lad for DC