Really makes you think

really makes you think...

that ares reincarnates?

He never said that, though

That was part of the problem with this movie. It traded on ingrained knowledge of Superman's policy regarding killing instead of establishing it in the story. He's fighting a bloodthirsty maniac who probably just caused the deaths of hundreds of people and is threatening to kill him or a whole family; why be so melodramatically torn up about killing him?

>Wonder Woman doing the exact thing that she was created to do.

What's the issue?

the difference is facebookchad that superman was based around not killing

thundercunt has no such limitations.

But he does kill Zod

>why be so melodramatically torn up about killing him?
Because he's the only other member of his own race.
He's killing the only other person in the universe that could ever understand him.

Wonder Woman was raised as warrior

Why not better display that through the art of cinematography?

I agree with your logic but it makes me sad because it means they completely fucked up on tying Kal-el to earth. Which is supposed to be why he fights on its behalf.

but he's the genocidal maniac

Different characters, different standardsl

Spiderman never kills, Captain America sometimes kills, Iron Man many times kills, Punisher always kills

didn't he killed all the baby grapes too?

Ya, ever since the 1980's, Wonder Woman hasn't been afraid to kill if needed. Of course she avoids it if she can, but isn't going to feel guilt taking out an opponent if they're a constant threat.

Yeah, this.
It's like if Injustice was adapted to the big screen. It relies on the audience's understanding of the DC Universe, and then they go nuts with killing people off and making people evil. Wonder Woman and a lot of the Marvel movies succeed because they define the characters in their own film and adapt the character successfully, without relying on meta knowledge.
Supes already had Faora and the other Kryptonians, didn't he?

>Have no idea who you are or where you came from
>Find out the your home world was destroyed and that you may be the lone surviving kryptonian in the universe
>other kryptonians show up, want to kill all the inhabitants of your adoptive planet.
>forced to choose between the strangers that are your race or the race you have grown up among.
>Decide to kill your fellow kryptonians to save humanity, still not knowing if you're the lone surviving kryptonian.

I mean, if it was me, I'd have some lingering issues with the whole thing too.

Because Clark was a nice guy who all his life had kept from hurting anyone even when justified in doing so and now he'd manually killed several people in the span of one day because they forced his hand.
Also all the destruction and death surrounding him.
Clark just had a big day.

>Because Clark was a nice guy
truck.jpg

Jesus, I hate how lame Superman is. I'm so glad we're leaving him behind for Wonder Woman, finally.

How is that not nice? He got what he deserved without getting a fist through the back of his skull.

Thankfully, you'd be over it by the next scene.

I mean, maybe Superman still had issues about being the last Kryptonian (as far he knows), but that hasn't come up since in these movies.

A truck is just a thing, Clark didn't raise a hand against the actual guy though.
I hated that scene. It would've worked so much better if he just let the asshole break his hand punching him. He was going to run away anyways.

>"If you kill your enemies, they win."
Canucks aside, how did such a gross mentality get so deeply entrenched into the West?

Clark wanted to hurt him, though. He is nigh invincible and got chased out of a club by a petty driver while left so burned that he had to lash out like a little bitch, when he should've been miles above it. He's just a lame Superman.

Yeah, destroying a german Church
and killing a thousands of men

This is not for me.

This Superman wants to learn about Krypton, about his real parents, about his people.

The point is that he always felt like an outcast and that killing Zod clearly is also killing the only person that could have showed him his world.

But really, the scene was about him feeling bad about killing him and I don't think that you need to stablish that he is against killing, for gods sake he spend his hobo years helping people!

Also, fuck that guy with the truck, it baffles me that people bitch about the movie not having humor but they also bitch at a funny scene because ''muh boy scout should never ever harm a person or a truck or anything!''

Christianity

it has nothing to do with the west. Superman is supposed to be above the petty, mundane shit because he is superior. By debasing the character in whatever hack snyder wants to term his deconstruction, he destroyed the character.

And it wasn't like he was doing the injustice thing where he starts out good and goes off the deep end because lois gets blown up.

He's undermining the character because he thinks it's fucking deep with his pseudo christian lens bs. It managed to be worse than singer's gay attempt at superman. That tells you something. The worse thing you can say about his supes is he's boring.

Dean Cain would've made that guy look like an idiot and a laughing stock while preserving his identity.

>how did such a gross mentality get so deeply entrenched into the West?
desu

But Zod was trying to kill so many innocents

There was no reason for Clark to cry that hard

Even slumping down in guilt and fatigue is better that screaming

What version of Superman lets a guy get away with harassing a woman?

>The point is that he always felt like an outcast
Because his father taught him he was an outcast and he always distanced himself from everyone. You see throughout the movie that the people he interacts with still think well of him but he just walked out on them.
Man, it was super fucked up.

Superheroes in general are closer to cops than soldiers.

Also a lot of anime heroes avoid killing like Goku and Luffy

It doesn't matter.
He's never killed a person, he's never even hurt a person. He's spent his whole life holding back from ever retaliating no matter what

>killing a thousands of men
Go back to bed, Ivan.

He had his powers for like thirty years. Are you seriously telling me he can't handle a guy who can literally do him no harm without outing himself as an alien? How socially retarded was he.
I mean, shit, he was like a head taller than the other guy. Overpowering him physically would have been believable even if they were both humans.

Depends on the character as the they "win" is what happens to the hero once they do the deed

I always headcannon that Batman doesn't kill because of his insanity and doing so would put him over the tipping point. though that is based on my interpretation of his comics

To be fair Zod is experienced soldier while clark never fought in his life

You're thinking of Nietzsche's ubermensch. We're talking about the comic book character made by 2 Jewish guys in the 30's. The basis of Superman is defending the weak from "petty, mundane shit" and most decidedly not from a feeling of superiority.

Superman does not kill, period.

>experienced soldier
>lost a fistfight with a scientist

Gods and monsters are not people. Superman didn't have qualms about killing Doomsday.

>Superman is supposed to be above the petty, mundane shit because he is superior.
I hate Snyder's Superman, but I think I hate yours even more.
Superman is about using his skills in order to help people who can't help themselves, but only because he feels that's what all humans do, or should do. Use their personal skills for the greater good. He just happens to have some very special powers so he takes on tasks larger than most humans do, but he doesn't feel above the rest.
The biggest problem I have with Snyder's Superman is that he was in his fucking 30s and still acted like a mopy teenager. This take would've made sense for a fresh outta higshscool Clark, but by 33 he should've some shit figured out already.

Aside from Doomsday, Correct?

Shut the fuck up

Unless you are on a violent rampage that threatens to destroy Metropolis, right?

He killed THOUSANDS of people when he crashed the embryo ship. And I don't just mean the embryos. I mean the people in the buildings it careened through.