SAVE PEPE

kickstarter.com/projects/615106574/save-pepe

You ARE going to pledge some money to this, right Sup Forums? Right?!

To a symbol of fascist Nazi white supremacy? No thank you! Go back to Sup Forums

The Kekistan meme has reached autism levels of cringe. Pepe definitely needs saving.

Pepe is old news, breh.

Sup Forums is the most cancerous shit since chanology

>Claim to not be Nazis
>Dress up as Nazis "ironically"
>Go to a real Nazi rally and heil Hitler as "protest" because they are sick and tired of being called Nazis

Not even god can save him. Sup Forums's autism killed him. There is no bringing him back. I'm sorry. He's gone.

All we can do is keep them from taking any others once they've sucked his corpse dry.

Why the fuck does he need $10k for this?

Didn't they already "kill" him? What a scam.

>idolize Hitler
>talk about how good his ideas are
>get extremely triggered when you get called a Nazi

Can this guy just move on already and make something else?

Dumb meme posting sad fucks begat shitty edgy fuckers begat political football. No.

Plus I only kickstart video games, specifically games in unpopular genres I enjoy that don't have a fucking chance getting funded anywhere else. Even that feels stupid.

Actually, and I hate to say this, but it's not really Sup Forums at fault here, it's the legions of complete dumbfucks who fell for their shit.

The other day I saw some thing on Twitter where some kid working at an Apple store used an app to share a bunch of memes with people nearby, one of them was a "feels" meme with sad Pepe and some dumb bitch got absolutely buttdevestated over it, went into the Apple store and started accosting this guy while recording it on her phone, then started a Twitter campaign to get him fired.

This is how fargone this poor guy's innocently created character is now.

>I really hate the jews
>fuck off nazi
>jokes on them I was only pretending.

"Save him"?

Only retard newfags view him as some Sup Forums symbol like these stupid fucks. Pepe is a meme. He means whatever you want him to.

Didn't furie give up on this a while ago?

obviously not. this whole mess is probably the best thing thats happened to him in years

Why should I invest in this KS, specifically?

It's Sup Forums at fault. They started it all, the young an autistic on their board spread it around to other groups, and it just spread and got worse.

But it's definitely their fault.

Bizarre places like reddit's TheDonald are like Sup Forums's bastard children. Sup Forums can be an absent father to them, but he still fucked their mom and signed the birth certificate.

Honestly, if he wants to "save" Pepe, he should have just kept on and carried on with the character as he was in Boys Club. Sure, the occasional person would try to call him out for shit he didn't do involving Pepe in a nazi uniform or whatever, but by constantly responding and then killing Pepe, all he's done is made the people making racist Pepe memes more motivated.

It's like that girl who's web comic was parodied and edited by Sup Forumsfags to make it offensive. It got bad for her, it did, but eventually she just ignored it, carried on, and everyone got bored and forgot about it. The same could have gone for Pepe. The memes would still come, but he would have stayed as a universal character that can be applied to anything (including nazis) rather than a "tainted" character.

Plus, you don't need $10,000 for a new book series to "save" him, it comes off as both pandering and exploitative.

TL;DR: He should have just ignored the hate and he shouldn't be asking for this much money to do what he was already doing.

Because it's easier than licensing a meme to make merchandise to make money.

When has a kickstarter ever worked? Yeah, he's absolutely gonna jew everyone out of their money. I'm now certain Matt is a double crosser and actually doesn't care about racist pepes.

I know a lot of memes that were killed off by people who ruined them. Usually it's something like reddit abusing the meme, or some marketing team using a meme to try and appeal to "millennials". It kills the meme overnight.

Sup Forums and their bastard children killed pepe. No one can see it anymore without thinking "trump". He's dead.

>10k to make a zine

he should just make pepe merch if he wants money.

Was Pepe an /r9k/ thing before he became a Sup Forums thing?

I enjoy threads like this. It lets me filter the faggots who come to Sup Forums to shitpost based on their awful frog images.

Post more please.

>caring what normies think

I will continue to use Pepe for love and there is nothing you can do about it

Matt's better than this. If it was just about kickstarting a new graphic novel than I'd be enthusiastic because he doesn't draft stories often and I really enjoy his work. Making it a politicized "it's our duty to take back this meme from the nasty people out there" is just stupid. There's nothing enjoyable about being preached to, regardless of what side you're on.

Maybe he just realizes appealing to certain butthurt demographics would attract the most interest (i.e. money).

Wojak was /r9k/'s guy. Most stuff started Sup Forums, but then trickled into other boards. The Pepe/Wojak crossovers were when things got out of control. So much lore was added. Now every board uses them.

>When has kickstarter ever worked?
You mean in terms of anything good coming out of it?
A few things actually, but they often get overshadowed by the horror stories.

All memes are supposed to die, and Pepe was on the way out by the time all this shit started. What's sad is that it's normal for normies to get a meme and kill it... just the normies this time happened to be Nazis.

If we really wanted to save Pepe, we'd have to trick the Nazis into latching on to something even stupider. I don't know what though. Wasn't there a diaper wearing rabbit from a furry comic a few years ago? I wonder how hard it would be to convince the army of Pepe worshipping newfags to think that character is their symbol.

This. By not using Pepe anymore Sup Forums wins.

normies? user I'm talking literally everyone everywhere. Every corner of the internet.

Here though it just screams "Sup Forums" now. You do your thing but it won't change anything.

I'm tired of seeing the frog, of course complaining will only make people want to spite me, so I hope it can get turned into another Nazi symbol, just so the act of posting it will be on the same eye-rolling level as saying "fuck the jews" or "hitler was right".

The only ppl that think it "screams Sup Forums" are dumbass newfags like yourself who's opinions don't matter at all. Go on any board and everyone is still using Pepe. Sup Forums can fuck off.

idiot

Fuck that old, busted faggot meme. If I'm going to work to bring anything dead back to life, it'll be CARD CRUSHER! That shit still has limitless possibilities!

trump 2020, cucks :^)

It's not newfags you idiot. I've been here 7 years. I can't see the fucking frog anymore without seeing that damn red hat.

Don't be so attached to a fucking meme.

I honestly assume anyone who still posts Pepe is a fresh as fuck newfag. I mean, shit, nazi normies were picking that shit up AFTER we were done with it. I don't understand why anyone would want to revive it, it was already dead. Let those retarded kids have it.

>frogposters on this nice board

Why the fuck are we pretending Pepe is anywhere close to funny anymore? At least Wojak has /groovy/ posting

Kek that sounds like a personal problem dumb fuck. You sound like a triggered little baby. You are as retarded as Sup Forums and clearly visit it regularly to associate Pepe with them.

So if Pepe's a frog, what are the other three guys supposed to be?

>nazi normies

>When has a kickstarter ever worked?
generally when they're not video game related they work pretty well

>we
>not a newfag

>What is Shovel Knight
>What is Banner Saga
>What is FTL
>What is Cthulhu Saves The World

Undertale
FTL
Hollow Knight
Shovel Knight
LISA

there are probably a bunch more but those are just the ones i played and enjoyed except for FTL that game is crap but most people like it so its probably just me

He said generally, as in the catastrophic failures are so notable they give kickstarter the reputation that the original user was asking about in the first place. Come on man.

get triggered you dumb fuck, cry me a river over a reaction image

>WAAAHHHH POL RUINS EVERYTHING
>WWWAAHHH THEY DESTROYED OUR TUMBLR UTOPIA
>PLEASE TAKE US SERIOUSLY WE'RE AN IMPORTANT BOARD

cthulhu saves the world existed waaay long before kickstarter what the fuck are you even talking about

No thanks Peps, you did something I'll never forgive you for.
You became an EmperorLemon meme

its mostly just dumb ass developers who dont know how to manage a small budget

Kek does Sup Forums really take the time to make comics about Sup Forums? Does this board haunt their dreams?

>implying Sup Forumsfags will ever have the chance to reproduce

It did go on Kickstarter, but for an enhanced version, not the original game.

I blame /r/the_donald newfags and the alt-right twitter sphere newfags. The oldfag NatSoc and libertarians were hilarious and laid back edgelords. Whatever you think of their views, Sup Forums was objectively the best site until mid-2015. Then it became some autistic movement board.

I feel like Moot would have banned these movement fags like he banned Chanology and gamergate.

>lol who cares.....but let me draw this comic

You seem more invested in this than him, user. It's an ancient fucking meme, what do you care how others think of it? Now, fucking Handsome Face, that was a good oldie.

I'm actually impressed by how pointless and devoid of meaning this post is. It's like a parody of shitposting cliches.

What is this adorable thing... and how do we turn it into a hate symbol?

>b-baka
We know you like him

give it a hitler beard and a nazi uniform
some swastikas

spam it around

boom new hate symbol

Pepe had been represented in thousands of different ways for every political and apolitical group. The nazi edgelords were just a fraction of it all.

And the thing is, Matt said as much when this whole pepe=Nazi thing happened. It was the sensible way to handle it, yet then quickly after that he turned back on that statement and became a screaming retard about how "pepe was once good but now he's been corrupted". No he hasn't been, as the nazi ones are still but a fraction of the pepes. Why are you giving power to that lie? Did Hillary pay you because putting a face to the alt-right menace makes it seem more legitimate in it's own weird way so then people wouldn't vote trump?

I have to think that was it.

put a maga hat on her and make the face more smug

>Hitler beard
???

It got us Studio Trigger in its entirety. They used their LWA money to make KL, then pumped out LWA and made more stuff from proceeds.

Why doesn't he just create a new character

he just wants in on the money

cant blame him to be honest id too take the chance to profit off of retarded SJW's and Sup Forumstards fighting

I find myself wondering if Furie is actually working with the meme machine but pretending that he's trying to fight it. After all, the best way to further twist a symbol against you is to fuel the fire with your own sincerity.

But he's probably just clueless and actually thinks he can restore Pepe's lost innocence.

Not an argument

And yet they're all right.

Also, when was an "argument" started? They're just pointing out some faggot.

Didnt matt literally bury him?

I imagine, if he had a better play, he would have used it.

The hyperreaction is bigger than anything Sup Forums could have done. They could have picked any other cartoon or symbol and the result would be the same. Sup Forums didn't cause the ADL or fucking presidential campaigns to lose their shit over it.

Pepe is canonically dead, why what, is he gonna do another Boy's Club comic or simply a Pepe spin-off of the comic? Wasn't he working on an adult swim cartoon?

Why do we need to save an idea?

Pepe was already widespread before the trump campaign because average redditfags would come to /r9k/ to mine for rare pepes and take back to redd.it for instant karma. And of course there's the guy who published a tum.blr blog of over 1200 rare pepes. Celebrities were sharing him too.

Most people under 40 already knew who he was, and the twitter posting of nazi pepe didn't even seem to be prominent until AFTER the Hillary campaign waged war on him. And lots of people knew that pepe was a benign symbol 99.9% of the time but dared not correct it because they wanted the evil nazi threat to be even scarier. And a few alt right knuckleheads who didn't even use Sup Forums very much or were new to it were happy to claim pepe as their own.

It's not Sup Forumss fault.

>he's this mad Sup Forums doesn't care about his shitty board

I think the only faggot here is you, mister obsessed.

>tfw I recently got $10,000 for my job (voice over)
>could probably fund this whole damn thing and be imortalized with Pepe
>I even kinda like having a chill Pepe that is just all relaxed and shit
>but if I do, I'll become a "hate mascot" and have my friends in the biz shit on me
>probly be blacklisted too for donating

Feels bad, man. The business is full of overly liberal or overly conservative people. I don't like politics. Shit kills everything I love from the comics I read, the shows I act in, and the friggin' movies, too. I can't enjoy anything without their being prejudice or claims of prejudice. God, and my friends...either your all Hilary or just fuckin' Trump. I don't like any. I just want to enjoy my job, my comics, and my toons.

Seriously, I don't hate Sup Forums for having an opinion, and I don't blame them for all of this shit, but people like them in general (SJWS for example in that they're just fucking cancerous) all seem to spread misery across every single platform.

We have a gift to have a opinions. That doesn't mean we all have to treat everyone's as facts, though.

But he fucking """killed""" Pepe?

You don't get to resurrect it just to make a quick buck now

>"important board"

There is not this idea

I need to post a frog so we can save the middle class by taking away their health coverage because political correctness. Also climate change is a liberal thing because when the earth floods only liberals will sink because reasons

Here's the context for fefe from like YEARS ago. It became a sort of meme because of this in the sort of "milhouse" way.

You're on a comic board. Resurrecting the dead for a quick buck is something you should be very familiar with.

You are literally ON Sup Forums arguing for a different board's superiority and showing no shame at being a crossboarding shitposting autist

That's probably due to his autism.

Nobody gave a fuck about Pepe until he become the agent of Chaos.

Sup Forums saved Pepe. He was on his way into complete obscurity, only being used by out of touch celebrities like Nikki Manaj. They memed a man into the presidency using him and created so much content out of him.

The good 'ole antisemitic comment while pointing fingers are somebody for not 'really' carrying about racism. Fuck off Sup Forums.

Furi is a hack and Kickstarters are garbage. Pepe was never a good meme in any form. Fucker needs to let that shit go.

Sup Forums had as much right to use it as anyone else, and the nazi pepe memes didn't even spread as far onto other sites as a bunch of other political pepe memes until Hillary waged war on it. Whatever you think of Hillary or Trump, it was a slimy thing of her to do, but it gave a face to a movement, which is always a very powerful tactic.

If anything, not using it is letting Hillary win. Not that she was trying to destroy pepe for the sake of if, it just happened to suit her agenda.

Also, Matt fucked up by givin into pressure.

>If anything, not using it is letting Hillary win.
This is the most dramatic cry to keep a dead meme around I've seen in a long time.

You can call someone a Jew as a derogatory term and not be an antisemite you retard. Actually Jews constantly do it.

Trump or Hillary can't "win." They are both rich and you are poor. It's us vs them. Wake the fuck up.