Daredevil (2003)

You'll think I'm baiting, but I'm 100% serious. This is more fun, more rewatchable, and more faithful than the Netflix series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(You)

>but I'm 100% serious

You might be 100% serious. But you're also 100% wrong.

I love 'retro shit is cool' meme too, user

I don't like the old movie but I do think Daredevil's costume is better than the Netflix one.

Just saw a little of it on TV yesterday. Didn't catch it when I originally saw it, but they namedropped Quesada, Bendis, and Maleev.

I like this movie but then again I've only seen the director's cut.

Neither of them got the mask right. In fact, the mask on the movie version kind of ruins the costume. The rest of Affleck's costume is better, but the mask is just all kinds of terrible.

It's certainly more fun

>better costume
>abilities aren't extremely restricted
>Kingpin isn't autistic
>Bullseye
>Elektra has her comic origin and is Greek

>better costume

Arguably true, but the actor wearing it was much worse.

>abilities aren't extremely restricted

You barely see him use his ability in any context other than sonar-esque radar sense and doing parkour, what the fuck are you even talking about?

>Kingpin isn't autistic

Michael Clarke Duncan was great as Kingpin, but you also have to remember that the Fisk we've seen so far isn't Kingpin yet. He's just Wilson Fisk.

>Bullseye

Was fucking terrible in every way imaginable, with perhaps the sole exception of the "I'm magic" scene, but even that was delivered in a cringey and hammy way, like the whole movie. Plus, he dies.

>Elektra has her comic origin and is Greek

Elektra is also played by a horrible actress who was horribly unfit for the role, serves only as an unconvincing love interest, and dies halfway through the movie only to come back in what is quite possibly the worst Superhero movie ever made barring Catwoman with Halle Berry. Also, the Elektra in the Netflix show was Greek too.

And you're failing to mention the terrible dialogue, awful (even for their time) special effects, horrendously dated soundtrack (WAKE ME UP), and all around terrible casting. So yeah. The Director's cut is alright, but better than the Netflix show? More FAITHFUL than the Netflix show? Fuck right off to Marvel Wiki.

>Also, the Elektra in the Netflix show was Greek too.
Nope. She's Asian with a British accent and was raised by Stick. Only briefly (for like one year I think) adopted by the Greek Natchioses who got killed.

If you ignore everything that is bad about the movie, it's actually quite good

>You barely see him use his ability in any context other than sonar-esque radar sense and doing parkour, what the fuck are you even talking about?
He was running around between buildings and shit. Netflix Daredevil can hardly do anything. I'd maybe consider him a slightly above average ninja, but he gets hurt all the damn time, doesn't grapple or to parkour.

Honestly, I wore out the rental copy at my local video store. No one believed my hype when Affleck was Batcast because no one had seen THAT FUCKING POOL HALL SCENE!!!

Love this corny ass movie. Secretly, it's the only time I've ever beat off to celebs (once to DD vs. Bullseye, once to DD vs. Kingpin).

Not the best FILM ever, and it's super corny alot of the times, but fuck it's soooooo tasty.

I'M AN OUTLAW

QUICK ON THE DRAW

Let me guess... Because the reporter was white in the movie?

I also like the movie, but you're fucking wrong. There are some great parts in the film though, and I know they tried their best. It's one of the few superhero movies that fails not because the people involved don't get the character or don't care... they're just not good enough to make it all work. A noble, flawed attempt.
>Plus, he dies.
Wait, wasn't he in a full body cast in a mid-credit scene? I think I recall them leaving it open for him to get him coming back if there was a part 2.

I'm really curious how the Netflix show will do Bullseye.

HOW CAN YOU SEE INTO MY EYES LIKE OPEN DOORS

>Kingpin was black
Okay, I admit. I fucked up and jumped the gun/

Haven't seen this movie in while. DIdn't he like sleep in a chamber of water or some shit?

Yeah, he had a sensory deprivation tank, otherwise I assume his senses would keep him up all night. They did a lot of interesting work on how he lived his life.

Oh, don't worry. It's a recurring theme with your kind getting offended by shit no one even said.

That's actually very clever. Was that ever in the comics?

Not that I know of, but I haven't honestly read too much Daredevil. I remember when one of his gfs died, he could still smell, taste and feel traces of her all over his apartment for months afterward, and it really fucked him. A lot of writers have been pretty clever with his enhanced senses.

I haven't seen this movie but I honestly think all of the Marvel Netflix stuff I've seen is terrible. I got about4 episodes into Daredevil and 2 into Jessica Jones before I had to stop

It's really boring in all honesty.

>Wait, wasn't he in a full body cast in a mid-credit scene? I think I recall them leaving it open for him to get him coming back if there was a part 2.

Yeah. He was in a full cast and there was a fly buzzing around him.

He manages to use two of his fingers, the only thing not broken, to grab a syringe and pin the fly to the wall.

"Bullseye".

Why were the soundtrack to so many of those Marvel films released on Wind-Up Records?

They even used the Batman's actor to show that Daredevil is Marvel's Batman.

Human Torch is Fox's Captain America?

I agree. You should also try the "trial of the Hulk" tv movie.

Netflix spent so much time on turture and edge in season one that it made no sense for Daredevil to become a saint while talking to the punisher. (DD stabbed a guy in the eye, dug around in the socket and then threw him in a dumpster, but HE BELIEVES IN REDEMPTION!!1!) He became a flake in season two without first building him up as an incredibly dedicated do-gooder for contrast. (talks the punisher down, but then doesn't handle his case personally?)

And way too much do-it-all Karen Page, taking up what should be scenes that showcase DD's senses and intelligence.

put it in your mouth and fire next time

(╯°□°)╯
Whoa... lets calm down a bit.

Why is Netflix so against costumes?

>DD stabbed a guy in the eye
Except that's not what happened, you complete fucking retard. That guy killed himself because he was too terrified that Fisk would get to him.
Meanwhile, in this shitty movie DD actually murders a rapist in a gruesome way, but can't do the same with Fisk because "he changed"

>DD actually murders a rapist in a gruesome way
implying there's anything wrong with that

>Except that's not what happened,

I'm talking about the scene on the roof where he is "interrogating" a suspect and asked the nurse what was the best place to stab someone to cause pain. He then tortures the guy by placing a sharp object in is optical nerve and then tosses him off the roof and into a dumpster several floors below.

I completely admit it was dumb to have him kill at the the beginning of the movie. It ruined the ambiguity and weight of dropping bullseye from the roof. He had no reason not to.

You're welcome america, and this thread. Now you too get witness the greatness.

Nice trips, but see

I'll admit, this is the best joke I've heard in a long time.

Name one good thing about Netflix Daredevil aside from "dat hallway scene."

>it's superficially similar to the comics I read about on Wikipedia, that means it's good

No.

Not defending Affleck, but Cox is very wooden and has little expression in his performance. I think he's putting all of his effort into the American accent.

>>Kingpin isn't autistic
Yes he fucking is. He kills one of his guards for no reason.

Kingpin is actually a character and not a fucking bland cardboard cutout?
Daredevil doesn't randomly change principles throughout the couse of the Netflix show? Like in the movie, he lets the rapist die but then he doesn't want to let Kingpin die. It's a fucking mess m8.

>Daredevil doesn't randomly change principles throughout the couse of the Netflix show?

they did a bad job but he was supposed to have learned not to kill over the course of the movie. It wasn't random

I gave up on the Netfix show but from what I've seen his principles don't make sense there. From torturing,blinding a guy and not trying to redeem anyone in the first season, to "everyone deserves a second chance" in the beginning of the second and then forgetting that after his three episodes with Punisher was over.

He also allowed and supported the Punisher gunning down a ton of people at the end of the season after objecting so strongly at the start of the season.

And, on the topic of the Punisher, he is suddenly Matt's best pal at the end of the season but he spent no time with him. Frank was with Karen Page the whole season. Matt didn't even help with his trial, just showed up to fuck it up.

I guess if you like quirky musicals but hate music, it's got all the shitty dance routines you could ever want

>horrendously dated soundtrack (WAKE ME UP)
You can't be serious about this

How is the hallway scene any good?
It's just a shit version of the one from oldboy

I will always defend the director's cut of this movie but yeah it's so gloriously cheesy and so early 2000s, I can't really bring myself to hate the movie.

>Netflix Daredevil can hardly do anything. I'd maybe consider him a slightly above average ninja, but he gets hurt all the damn time, doesn't grapple or to parkour.

How much of the Netflix Daredevil series did you watch? Because there were several scenes of him running across rooftops and using parkour to quickly traverse areas, and by the end of season 2 he gets the billy clubs with the grappling hook in it and uses them to swing around.

>and by the end of season 2 he gets the billy clubs with the grappling hook in it and uses them to swing around.
Yeah. Let's see how that plays out. He isn't even wearing a costume in the Defenders.

This stuff drives me crazy. The costues are super important.

That stuff drives me crazy. The costumes are super important.

Thats cool. I mean you're wrong. But that's cool.

That wasn't in the movie though right?

I will never forgive the Wachowski Gays for fucking destroying netflix with their bloated budget Tranny Body Jumping Homos show and turning every other netflix show into a damn 9th grade theater production so the queers can clap like circus seals for being REPRESENTED. SO BRAVE.

What part of the movie had that song?

I watched Daredevil and Iron Fist, but you've got a point. They aren't great. I really watched them because they were there.

Netflix series was better.
But Michael Clarke Duncan was a way better Kingpin.