/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Premature death edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Droids Unplugged #1 (June 28)
Doctor Aphra #8 [Screaming Citadel #5] (June 28)
Poe Dameron #16 (June 28)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/684saxx
screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-performance/
youtube.com/watch?v=62V0kcqXgu8&index=2&list=PLP268ZfwD7HkL-FV69jQFEkefLvep63EV
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for making a proper thread. Sort of.

ISB will continue to monitor these threads.
Any further spam or disruptive conduct will be dealt with.

post droids

Thanks Imperial Security, your help is appreciated. Long live the Empire!

>yfw snokes this guy

Is this even canon?

yeh

Well it's really weird, and I don't want it to be.

google looks angry when i ask it

>well it's really weird, and I don't want it to be
that made me chuckle

arent they pulling mythical stuff in rogues and friends? like some giant force wielding moose?

>two 'b's in rebels

who fucking cares

That's how it's pronounced in Basic.

I need some imperial/storm trooper reactions, you guys got any?

So what happened to the other thread?

i wonder why they tossed a pair of royal guard in this shot, what ever the reason i love them.

>to have perfect symmetry one is left handed
IMMERSION RUINED

mods fed up with shitposting

mods deleted it for some reason

kallus is a cunt holy shit

Too much unwanted 'witty banter'

It happens all the time on Sup Forums. Flood it with enough shitposting, and the mods would rather nuke the whole thing than just specifically target the actual instigators.

Repostin' the poll

strawpoll.com/684saxx

>rebels btfo
J U S T

>rebels btfo
>when it's both not behind TCW by very much and is technically in the lead along with TCW because the "equally/no preference" option is winning

just stop posting

>needing a poll that can be easily manipulated to prove to yourself you like the 'correct' cartoon

Jokes on you because I VOTED FOR GENNDY WARS

we need a "star warsy" edit of this

>tfw ywn see a live adaptation of the Mandalorian Wars

Joke's on you, I come from an alternate timeline where such a thing exists!

Apparently the only other differences between our timelines are that JJ Abrams has directed every post-buyout Star Wars movie, and for some reason eat your own poop is frowned upon in your timeline?

True endgame right here boys

So was the New Republic ever able to educate the galaxy on the extant of Palpatine's crimes?

>palpatine
>doing anything wrong
Next you'll try to convince me he killed 6 gorillion on Alderaan.

Palpatine didn't do anything wrong, the Jedi turned on him

wtf are you smoking

kek

>WHEN IS THE NEW REPUBLIC GOING TO LIFT THE TRAVEL BAN TO ALDERAAN

>5 votes for Genndy Wars
Some of you guys are alright
Don't come to /swco/ tomorrow

HOW CAN SHE SLAP?

slap my meat ayyy
rest in peace carrie

HOW CAN SHE DO SMACK?

Darth Maul is the damn good boy who always gets his dinner egg

Maul is the Force's whip boy.

At least Maul was a real Sith and not a fucking poser

screenrant.com/han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-performance/

lol

the trainwreck continues.

Dooku was still trained a Sith. A backup Sith, but a Sith none the less.

Weather he truly believed in the cause is still debatable.

I want to buy that big ass TIE Hasbro came out with

Dooku may not have been raised as a Sith but he seemed more committed to the philosophy than Maul. Despite Maul's habit of seeing nearly everything through Sith-tinted glasses, he seemed to still have a lingering desire for friendship and a companion, but had trouble expressing it, or felt expressing it was improper. He treated Savage like an apprentice but was clearly rattled beyond that when he died, and as much as he told himself that he wanted Ezra as an apprentice it was clear he wanted something resembling friendship but his fucked up Sith upbringing made it impossible for him to express that or try to reach out to Ezra in any kind of normal, healthy way. He told himself he only needed them as tools but it's clear there was a longing for something that the Sith life wasn't ever going to offer him.

I think ultimately the Sith way was something Maul didn't quite fit, but he spent so much time stewing in it that he has no other way of looking at the world. It's the only way he knows how to function and even when he's not trying to be a Sith he's so maladjusted that he still approaches everything the way a Sith would.

If the reports that Ehrenreich was unhappy with being pushed towards more comedic delivery (and his being annoyed about it) are true, then maybe his performance can be salvaged through reshoots.

That said I still don't think he was a good choice for the role.

Maul was really young when he was taken and had the Sith ways forced on him, and Anakin got more or less suckered into it. Of Sheev's apprentices, Dooku seems to be the only one who went into it willingly and kind of knew what he was getting into (even if he didn't see the ending coming).

Which one Sup Forums?

Seventh Sister

>tfw enjoyed TFA
>tfw enjoyed RO
>Han Solo and IX shaping up to be complete dumpster fires is still making me all giddy

It's like watching a natural disaster. You know it's nothing to be happy about, but you still can't look away. And I've reached the point where I'm beyond the unhealthy investment in the franchise. If the media's good, great. If it isn't, whatever. I'm so burned out by both the endless drama and autistic screeching in the SW fandom and certain LFL's decisions and behavior in regard to production of these movies that I just can't give a damn anymore.

I think I understand now why RLM keeps gleefully shitting on us. It's so easy.

Yes, well, which part? You can still only pick 1.

Very well said. Another good point is that when Maul finally dies in Obi's lap, he says "He will avenge us" (talking about Luke). Even on death's door and even after shedding the title 'Darth', Maul was incapable of rising above hatred and vengeance. However, it seems that he finally found the kinship that he wanted, albeit with Obi-Wan.

My nigga

Man I would rather watch a Yoda or Mace Windu movie who gives a fuck about Solo

I never wanted the Han Solo movie so I'm also finding it very easy to be entertained by all this.

I know I'm beating a dead horse but Disney/LF is leaving serious money on the table by not grabbing Ewan to do a John Wick style Kenobi movie. Throw in some Jabba and the thing practically writes itself.

you guys realize that luke's floating hand was actually in the script at one point, right?

think about that.

how did msw get that info? are they really full of it?

This guy I was talking to said that Revan HAS to be a man when she inevitably comes back and if he isn't, he's never watching another star wars movie

Revan is a man in SWTOR. Women can't be evil in today's media anyway.

>Women can't be evil in today's media anyway.

She's an alien so it's ok.

"Fans" care about him, or rather, the people that only watch Star Wars casually and don't really know any of the other characters in the franchise all that well. The guy's alright (and I love Harrison Ford as an actor quite a bit) but the guys that run SW now are pretty much bringing in nostalgia for quick cash instead of experimenting with anything or anyone different/interesting within the franchise itself.

How I feel is exactly how this user feels, this whole franchise right now is just not worth giving a damn anymore.

Can someone explain to me what exactly KOTOR2 got "wrong" about Star Wars?

I get that people accept KOTOR1 since it's basically like the OT in that it's good vs evil ragtag group trying to save the galaxy.

KOTOR2 was written by a guy that had problems with how the Light and Dark Side worked in the series and sets out to desconstruct it in the game.

Is he right, Sup Forums?

Why the fuck do we not have a good modern Fleet Battle / Planetary Invasion game

We've got a mod for some game I've been watching a letsplay of. But I want an actual polished game.

I want to command Star Destroyers!

youtube.com/watch?v=62V0kcqXgu8&index=2&list=PLP268ZfwD7HkL-FV69jQFEkefLvep63EV

What about Pryce, Tua, Brunson, Sloane, Phasma?

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

What about more Mace/Jarjar adventures?

>She's an alien so it's ok.
Don't be so xenophobic user. They're all pink on the inside, r-right?

Nothing. It just had the greatest SW character of all time.

I would love a small scale thing like Battlefleet Gothic but with an SW theme. Where you get to customise your little fleet and ships, name them and all that fun stuff.

I'd also add that the problem isn't with KOTOR II itself - it indeed is an interesting "outside of the box" examination of the Force and the setting. The problem is when people started treating its deconstruction as the objectively correct and "the one way to look at the Force", instead of just another interpretation and put Avellone's views over Lucas'.

Which is pretty ironic given the themes the game explores and the point of Kreia's character, I might add. It's one of those Rorschach moments, where the real meaning just completely flew over the audience's heads.

>It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her robes, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall.

>Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.

>Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this - you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself.

>Never doubt what you have done. All your decisions have brought you to this point.

Fuck KOTOR2's writing was great

I just wish it had a real ending.

Ending makes more sense with RCM but it's still not that satisfying.

Reading interviews with Chris on what he planned for KOTOR3 is just as sad. Now we'll never get it cause with everything under one canon.

Sort of. I guess I see where how he's coming to his assumption. I've come to the conclusion myself that Star Wars is like a velvet prison. You can do whatever you want as long as you don't break some arbitrary lines LFL set up. But the moment you make just one step out of these lines, you're done. Lucasfilm will move in, wrestle the work out of your hands and reshape it to conform to their expectations.

It's like a weird middle ground between creative freedom that directors like Nolan have and complete corporate oversight you get in Marvel. LFL hires these directors to put their signature style on the project, but then they still want these movies to be exactly as they themselves want. They want all the perks of auteur projects, but with the safety net of heavy studio management. They want their movies to be the same caliber as The Dark Knight, but they also don't want to accept the risk that what they might get instead is Batman v Superman. I don't think that will work in the long run. These two ways of filmmaking directly oppose each other and LFL's track record proves how problematic their approach is. Rian Johnson is the only director with a smooth project. Every single other movie has been plagued by problems. Edwards was sidelined on Rogue One after they brought in Gilroy. They wanted to do the same to Lord and Miller and when they objected, they were shown the door. Abrams ran wild on TFA, which is something they've all come to regret. Trank was fired. Trevorrow's likely going to get the Marquand treatment.

What I'm trying to get to is that this way of producing movies will discourage real visionary filmmakers to work with Lucasfilm. After building up a bad reputation, they'll have to rely on cheap indie names and TV talent to make their movies. Which is fine for Marvel, who have showrunner like Feige controlling the whole enterprise and all films conform to the same TV show-like template, but LFL wasn't going for the same structure.

In my opinion i think it's because apparently Kennedy has this idea in her head of what Star Wars should be and that Lucasfilm want to stick to George's view of what the Star Wars universe should be about.

Maybe it's cause of the content of these movies, i wonder if a movie set during the Old Republic era would be as limiting and constraining.

That's probably why Star Wars can't get any directors. They know what they're getting into and the latest firings of Lord and Miller is just reinforcing what you just said in your post, overbearing executives that want have their cake and eat it too are really starting to create a rigid environment that's chaffing creative types.

This is why nobody wanted to direct the PT and why JJ refused to to VII a bunch of times.

Well yeah, the fandom's pretty much garbage and is divisive as ever, will hate you no matter what you do in the long run and ran off the guy that made the franchise in the first place. Why would anyone want to touch Star Wars at this point?

Directors can make the movies they want in just about every other studio and not have to worry about executives from both Disney and Kennedy&Co.

To be fair, the guy that made the franchise wasn't a very good film maker on his own. If Lucas was better at convincing people we might have had a good prequel trilogy and he might still own Star Wars.

Ironic that people kept shitposting about Episode 9 becoming a disaster and that the director was going to get fired, but then it turns out that Han Solo spin off directors got fired.

>prequels are bad meme

There are parts of the prequels that are bad

Lucas is not good at romance. And this is coming from someone who loves them

this is why everything but the movies is real star wars, and the movies just financially support the rest of it

>we might have had a good prequel trilogy

Well Lucas' idea of romance is a young man getting seduced by an older female. I like it

Memeing aside, I fully agree that the romance scenes were terrible but the prequels gave us so much worldbuilding, great new locations, and spectacular battle scenes. Also visually RotS was an absolute masterpiece, it took CGI to a new level.

>Muh world building

Shitty writing, dialog and acting is excusable if you get to see a poorly rendered alien that looks like a pile of shit, I guess.

>Shitty writing, dialog and acting is excusable if you get to see a poorly rendered alien that looks like a pile of shit, I guess.

Yes there was objectively world building
Prequels defined so many key concepts in the lore and developed points, which paved the way for things like TCW/Rebels.