Paranatural Thread - Chapter 5 Page 206

Now... Drink Your Orange Juice

>Thanks for reading! If you missed it last time, I have a new sketchbook for sale! Buying it is supporting Paranatural, so thanks if you do!

Just how fucking terrible is his art going to get? I'm going to post my favorite page and feel bad again.

DUDE WHACKY FACES ON FUCKING EVERYTHING

Too many unnecessary wacky faces in this page, and characters in this scene change their facial expression in an overly inconsistent manner.
Look at Garcia. He swaps from menacing to apathetic in every other panel.

What the fuck are these faces?
Did Zach have a stroke while drawing this?
The art is dramatically worse than usual.

I miss when this comic actually took itself somewhat seriously, with humor and silliness intermixed with dark undertones. Now it's just wacky inanity every other page.

that's because he's wearing his apathetic face but Isaac perceives him as menacing due to his chuuni

So how long until we get actual confirmation on what's up with Garcia? November?

>his chuuni

>be checking what a "chuuni" is
>now know what a "chuuni" is
>mfw remembering Zack had put up a page just to tell what Isaac's grade is instead of just showing more of his POV

I don't mind having some demographic diversity and all - becuase PNAT's set in a middle school - but good grief, that is just awful shoe-horning in.

>"B-but user, that's gonna be relevant in the futu-"
I don't bloody care how relevant it is! Give us a hint or two on any significant detail and let the audience figure it out for themselves. And that page wasn't the only page stagnating this chapter...

please, fuck no...
with every page Garcia isn't EXPLICITY confirmed to be Hijacked, my hope for this series dies more and more

This comic had so much promise.

>The Pastel color scheme
>The missing backgrounds
>The horribly slow pacing
>The overly round character design
>The overused anticlimaxes

It hurts

>with every page Garcia isn't EXPLICITY confirmed to be Hijacked
Oh that's way too obvious, plus he's been weird since the walk to school arc way before Hijack, it's likely Baxter, or none of them.

If he didn't have a quota to make on is wacky faces per page I would have found this one more funny, since this one was actually good.

>We will never get pages and art like this again
>Zack would say he could do it but his brittle wrists can't take it allegedly

And the sad part is not one of his paying fan base has the balls to tell him his art has gone to shit.

I can barely summon the ability to care about the current state of Paranatural. Zack has become so lazy that I just don't care anymore. Not to mention giving R.J, one of my favourite characters, an absolutely garbage backstory

OP, I really admire your persistent making of these threads, even though most of us would've jumped ship a long while ago from how dragging this work has been. I know how it is, clinging on to the dubious hope of that satisfying pay-off you were promised so much....hang in there, mate.

I can fathom if the payers were easily impressionable kids like those from Tumblr...more older audiences are another matter though.

You can tell he drew this specifically so that people would make a meme reaction image out of it.

How fucking stupid are people in this thread going to get? The art is fine, you're only nitpicking it because you want the comic to update faster.

>The art is fine
It's still alright on a technical level for the most part, but the artstyle has definitely been getting worse and worse as time's gone on.

You can say that about every wacky face he makes now

even his use of extreme perspective got worse. incredible

>that last panel

absolute kino

I appreciate your saturation fixes OP, that's true dedication

Dont project

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but why doesn't he just hire someone to do the backgrounds? Wouldn't that improve the quality greatly?

I started reading this comic fairly recently, and I wasn't around when the wrist accident happened.
So what exactly happened to his arm and when?

Fuck, you just got the nail on the head for a feeling I've had but didn't understand enough to put into words. Things are way more zany than they need to be right now.

A butterfly landed on his wrist

Well basically it's a common injury that happens to artists when you move your wrist like this and

AAAAAGGGHHHHH

Sorry guys, no comic next week! Or the week after, since Taylor and I are going to a con and to visit family and then to another con.

Does he not realise how fucking confusing this mess is at all? Issac's part especially is all over the place with the wacky faces, but the fifth panel flat out makes it look like the scenes are happening in the same room.

how long until the entire comic itself just gets cancelled?

>Sorry guys, no comic ever again! My wrist got disintegrated!

>in the same room
maybe if you came to just this page. Keeping up with the story, there's a whole lot of parallel situations going on and being shown next to each other. It'd probably be cooler in motion.

No, idiot, it's because the comic update schedule is spotty as all fuck, while the art is STILL garbage. I could accept inconsistent updating if the art was still decent.

see: Poppy Opossum

Is that an example of the latter situation? For that I was thinking that something like String Theory could work as well.

Also these multiple scenes would work out much well if only one of them was being treated as particularly comedic, like the one with PJ and Max. Then you'd have a funny contrast of tones while still treating Garcia trying to murder a child with seriousness.

>maybe if you came to just this page.
They said "makes it look like," not "makes me think it's," you boob. We know it isn't. That doesn't change that it visually conveys that idea.

In case you haven't heard, that's dropping the entire comic aspect soon. Bad example.

he's still drawings lots of pictures for it user, he's not dropping the art entirely.

"Lots" is really pushing it. Again, really bad example for your point.

How do you know that "lots" is pushing it, the Holiday special had plenty of pictures and he has said that the new format will have more pictures than that.

Poppy as a web novel hasn't even started, we don't know how extensive the art will be yet.
Don't forget that the Holiday special was being made on the side while he was still doing the comic.

It'll probably just fizzle out and die as the hiatuses become more and more frequent. I can't see it ever being finished at this rate.

>First Helvetica
>Then Double K
>Two Guys and Guy
>Abominable Charles Christopher
>Gastrophobia
>Vibe
>Rosechu's Story
>Castle Vidcons
>Perry Bible Fellowship
>Happle Tea
>Fanboys
>Then Paranatural

I would feel nothing. My RSS feed is already dead inside.

I don't even know what a suitable ending would be anymore, years ago I assumed a summer vacation or something. But that's really off the cards at this point.

At this rate the most suitable ending would probably be Max starting his second week at school.

Nah, dude, this entire chunk of concurrent action has been fucking awful at letting you know what's going on. Showing in the same panel what's going on in as many as three different locations, but without backgrounds or anything just makes for bad storytelling.

>It'll probably just fizzle out and die as the hiatuses become more and more frequent.

The natural death of a webcomic.

Looking at these pages together makes me die inside.

Adapting PNAT to animation would really need some reworking, to keep the suspense going despite the now changed pace. Like, several pages a week are now a few seconds on screen. What I'd do:
• faithfully adapt the first three chapters and develop the plots established from there for future episodes.
• Take parts of chapters 4 and 5 when we have to pull a twist, say before the climax. (Example: Johnny's possession would have to pushed to after he hunts Max and Isaac, just to give it some gravity)
• Keep the subplot limit per chapter to a minimum.
• Any details significant to the big plot stay (subtly!) at the early episodes.