Would making a live action Transformers movie in modern G1 style be possible/feasible?

Would making a live action Transformers movie in modern G1 style be possible/feasible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XsuTccKKGjo
youtube.com/watch?v=myNe1GJDxZM
youtube.com/watch?v=XVXI0MwsOKc
youtu.be/Mkx9VIsMee4
youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no/yes

I'm going to speak plainly.

G1 Transformers designs look dumb in a real context.

live action, probably not
it's been soiled by all the bay movies
i'd be interested in a animated one or a more serious animated series

Normies would never watch it.

Gotta have them bi-minute explosions, bimbos and dubstep.

>Bruh the designs are more complex and """"realistic"""" so it's better!

No, considering the G1 Transformers gained and lost mass with each transformation. That's not something you can get away with in live action.

Why not a feature length theater release animated movie?

what about going with the "boxes and cylinders" and no exposed innards style of G1, but retaining the "no mass shifting" of the new ones

Could try it out. I bet someone out there has.

I'd say the Milne designs with some tweaking would work well in a modern movie.
And just have one fucking human character, too. Any more than that and people get bored, kids fucking fall asleep in the cinema (my nephews for the last two movies)

I dunno, but I really wish they had even tried.

How about Animated style

Sorry but it's Bayshit forever and ever from here on out.

G1 was fucking terrible. It's only viewed positively due to nostalgia.

Why does she have sush a nice butt?

Why are her legs designed to look like thigh high boots?

What would be the point of making it live action?

Kinda like the way the G1 Toys themselves looked with some changes to make them look better?
I'd be game.

G1 is fine, it's only called terrible cause young people are morons who can't get into ANYTHING with "dated" animation or isn't catering directly to them, their fetishes, and their trends

Transformers, G.I Joe a Real American Hero, Jem, all decent shows and all better than their contemporaries

>all better than their contemporaries

Nostalgia is a powerful drug

Is "dated" a new term for cheap and shoddy?

Bayformers fags should be sent to gas chambers

Remember their contemporaries

youtube.com/watch?v=XsuTccKKGjo
youtube.com/watch?v=myNe1GJDxZM
youtube.com/watch?v=XVXI0MwsOKc

idk man i dont see how a modern car has enough metal to transform into a bayformer that tall

I think this is a false dichotomy. Nobody is saying that Michael Bay's style is the only alternative to G1 style. I feel like Transformers Prime and the War of Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron games presented a happy medium between the two which some version of would work well in a live-action movie.

Prime maybe, but WFC was fucking garbage.

I certainly find the writing style more appealing. The shows are completely absurd, but mostly follow their own absurd logic. Characters are well established as well as their relationship with eachother. I think some of the modern stuff does a good job with the material, but nothing will ever be written with that same amount of "anything can happen" feel.

>no challenge of the go-bots

One job!

youtu.be/Mkx9VIsMee4

>implying

youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA

Even the Energon saga was better than Bayformers.

>WFC was fucking garbage.

I will fight you

The Bumblebee movie might be like that.

Also, it will be set in the 80's.

As long as Bay isn't involved

>The bumblebee movie

This has to stop.

The Bumblebee Movie, but every time Bumblebee is on screen, Michael Bay gets signed on for another film.

Show me a better transformers style. I dare you.

Show me some transformers first and not rejected Ben 10s.

First one I might give a shot in years.

Definitely. If anything, it's work better than Junkformers.

>Distinctive color schemes that allow the audience to actually tell who is who
>Lack of shifting plates keep the designs from feeling overdesigned
>Builds that exemplify each character's personality in one way or another
>A basic streamline of what the species looks like instead of random ghoul and goblinbots out the fuck nowhere

All you'd have to do really is alter the faces a bit and smooth out the designs.

As if Bayformer size is consistent.

It wouldn't. We've actualy been told by alot of Movie 1 staff that they tried and tried to make G1 bots look good in live-action, they simply didn't. They looked goofy, cheesy and more like giant toys than living beings.

>genwunner

ILM also thought the Bayformers aesthetic looked good so take what they said with a giant grain of salt

Depends

You mean the toys they have now? Nah, it's still classic G1 styling, just with joints.

You mean the comics? Fuck no, IDW's stuff is just ugly bayformer garbage in its own way, where everything has a billion pieces of razor metal coming off and neon tron lights on everything, and nothing transforms into a real car or truck.

100% yes. If they can make grown men prancing around in brightly colored leotards look good, they can certainly make brightly colored boxy robots look good. And it would certainly look better than Bayshit.

"Realism" is the cancer killing the entertainment industry. I'll never understand the West's fucking preoccupation with trying to make shit look "realistic" while they have 400lb steroid monsters doing crazy unrealistic shit all the time in games/shows/movies/etc.

Almost anything from IDW
G1
Prime

Shit, basically everything. That style looks alright for DCU stuff, but it doesn't fit TF's at all.

YOU CANNOT STOP THE ASCENSION OF LEMONPUFF PRIME

ILM is composed of hundreds of problem-solving industry-leading artists and the success of the movie proves the visuals clicked with audiences.

I don't take them with a grain of salt, it's your opinion that is in the need of backing here.

Name better 80s action shows
Because it sure as fuck isn't TMNT, Thudercats, or Master of the Universe
Same thing people say about Beast Wars, only morons call things "dated"

Just like anybody who thinks Animaniacs is "dated" is a moron who doesn't know jack about pop culture, not my fault they're fucking autists who probably don't even understand what comedy is to begin with

Look at this fucking retard and laugh.

EA is composed of hundreds of problem-solving industry-leading artists and the success of their games proves the gameplay clicked with audiences.

I don't take them with a grain of salt, it's your opinion that is in the need of backing here.

Easy to say, hard to do. Pacific Rim is the closest, and it took ages to finalize its aesthetic.

Even then, Pacific Rim is full of bland, ugly "realism" designs.

>pacific rim
>"realism" aesthetic

Easy there, mah boi. Not everything needs to be a flat shade of primary color.

Did they also work on those dreadful TMNT movies?

Prime style est style