I'm a newfag to Sup Forums. And after much procrastination...

I'm a newfag to Sup Forums. And after much procrastination, I finally decided to watch every episode of Steven Universe in the course of 2 days.

How the fuck can a cartoon make you feel so many things at once? Am I just a fucking tard? Or do I make sense when I say I get a warm and fuzzy feeling after watching such a good show? Like, I feel more whole as a person. And happiness. I didn't know a show like this could even do this shit.

I can't be the only one who's felt this way, right? It's hard to explain. So that's why I'm asking how you guys felt after watching an amazing cartoon series. Just a guy trying to make a conversation. And seeing if I'm not insane.

>pic related to how I feel posting on this board

Thanks for the blog, could you please leave?

Good for you user. Too bad that you watched a controversial cartoon, so either the tread will be ignored, or it will turn to shit.

I know the feeling you're talking about, but that mostly died for me post season one. The show's lost its charm for me in the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, sorry man.

Try not to look SO MUCH like a newfag. Its cringey as fuck. If you wanna blog, make a blog. Or wait for a general when new episodes are out

>I'm a newfag to Sup Forums
Get out while you can

I just want to post anonymously to faceless strangers and ask for there own opinions. I don't want to go through the hassle to making a blog when I can quickly get to the point with a thread.

Im sorry if I'm cringe worthy, but we're the ones spending time on a site talking about cartoons.

We're in /trash/ waiting for you my boy

You aren't. It's pretty cool.

>Am I just a fucking tard?

Well you like Steven Universe so... yes. Yes you are.

Whose your favourite gem faggot?

Anons will call you cringey because to these cynical fucks expressing unabashed joy about things is cringy. You aren't enlightened like them, the geniuses who keep watching a show they hate, or who keep posting on an internet board dedicated to children's cartoons while hating doing it. God forbid you be happy about something.

Seriously though, glad you're enjoying the show. How far in are you? Are you totally caught up?

While I agree with a lot of people the most recent season kind of slumped, I still think it has overall been a very enjoyable show. It'd be nice to have a thread that's positive for once. Have favorite episodes? Why are they your favorite?

You're have to excuse Sup Forums. They hate everything for no reason, even great shows like this.

I'm not the OP. I like SU.

I don't think it's great. Or good. I think it's pretty terrible.

kill yourself lapidirt

Why does fanart make this ship look so fun, when it's so shit in the actual show?

doing god's work in every board

Don't wanna.

>2 characters interacting together.
>Must be a shipping picture! Grrr...

I had the same feeling until later season 3 and season 4 hit.

Ship, dynamic, whatever, either way it's much better in fanart.

Season 1B was better than season 1A. Season 2 was better than season 1B. Season 3 was better than season 2. Season 4 was worse than season 1A. Season 5 is better than season 3 so far.
This means half of your opinion is wrong.

So hostile...

>Season 2 was better than season 1B. Season 3 was better than season 2.
I'm sorry but that is a garbage opinion.

Nah, it's objective facts. They're better overall, even though season 1 had the best episodes if you judge them alone.

Season 3 is in no way, shape, or form better than season 2

Thanks man. I really appreciate it.
I'm totally caught up. And shit, I don't really think I have a favorite episode. The whole show was such an amazing experience. And for some reason, it just made me a lot more fulfilled. I also feel like I cried more than I should have. Ever since my mother passed away when I was 10, I've always wondered what life would be like if she was still with me. But aftee watching this show, I felt like I had such a personal connection with it. And Steven. I guess that's why it gives me such a fulfilled emotion.

I can get why some see the show falling off. But in my opinion, it just gets better as it fills the holes it left us throughout the series.

Also, I'm afraid to state my favorite gem. Because I feel like I'll get a shitstorm from others.

>pearl btw

You're not insane friend. SU is a show that makes me feel a myriad of things as well. My favorite feeling is the warm fuzzies that are produced when two characters resolve some problem them and grow as characters. The show also tends to be really good at evoking sad emotions in some of the later seasons, though I'll admit, the most recent season can lay it on a little thick (insert obligatory THICC meme) at times.

same, but the decline and entire hiatus before "Mr. Greg" did me in

And to others comparing seasons, I feel like the show would be so much more enjoyable for you if you didn't compare it so much to previous seasons.
At least, thats my opinion. Idk.

>Ever since my mother passed away when I was 10, I've always wondered what life would be like if she was still with me. But aftee watching this show, I felt like I had such a personal connection with it. And Steven. I guess that's why it gives me such a fulfilled emotion.
This is the huge reason why nobody wants for Rose to actually come back

Don't worry user, Pearl is the best gem.

Fair enough
Season 4 sucks

Pearl is obviously best gem, it's not even close.

season 3 was shit and season 2 had too much insufferable meme gem in it

Can someone try to explain to me why anything past season 1 is worse?
I honestly saw no difference in the quality of the show when I watched the whole thing all the way through.

I feel like 80% of this fandom's arguments is which seasons are superior. And 20% is which is best gem is best. Can't we all just agree its a neat show?

It's because most of the episodes are the same quality of the first season but CN put the show on hiatus all the fucking time between every 3 episodes and most of them were townie episodes so waiting months for that made everything seem shit.

>when I watched the whole thing all the way through.
That's pretty much it. If you watched the series together with the tv airing, then you would had a lot of time to think what could be better or worse.

>bait of this tier
jesus op at least give the tumblr kiddos a chance to hide

>Get out while you can

This is sound advice. I really have no idea how much time I waste here and I don't really do anything at all.

I don't think SU is anywhere near stupid enough for her to come back. Steven might get to talk to her for a minute but that's as far as it will go.

1A

4 amazing episodes
5 great episodes
5 good episodes
12 ok episodes
0 bad episodes

Gem Glow: Amazing
Laser Light Cannon: Great
Cheeseburger Backpack: Great
Together Breakfast: Ok
Frybo: Ok
Cat Fingers: Good
Bubble Buddies: Ok
Serious Steven: Good
Tiger Millionaire: Ok
Steven's Lion: Ok
Arcade Mania: Ok
Giant Woman: Ok
So Many Birthdays: Ok
Lars and the Cool Kids: Good
Onion Trade: Good
Steven the Sword Fighter: Great
Lion 2: The Movie: Ok
Beach Party: Ok
Rose's Room: Amazing
Coach Steven: Ok
Joking Victim: Ok
Steven and the Stevens: Amazing
Monster Buddies: Great
An Indirect Kiss: Amazing
Mirror Gem: Good
Ocean Gem: Great

1B

8 amazing episodes
2 great episodes
4 good episodes
12 ok episodes
1 bad episode

House Guest: Ok
Space Race: Great
Secret Team: Ok
Island Adventure: Amazing
Keep Beach City Weird: Ok
Fusion Cuising: Bad
Garnet's Universe: Ok
Watermelon Steven: Good
Lion 3: Straight to Video: Amazing
Alone Together: Ok
Warp Tour: Amazing
The Test: Amazing
Future Vision: Ok
On the Run: Amazing
Horror Club: Ok
Winter Forecast: Ok
Maximum Capacity: Ok
Marble Madness: Ok
Rose's Scabbard: Great
Open Book: Ok
Shirt Club: Ok
Say Uncle: Amazing
Story for Steven: Amazing
The Message: Good
Political Power: Good
The Return: Good
Jailbreak: Amazing

2 amazing episodes
4 great episodes
13 good episodes
6 ok episodes
0 bad episodes

Full Disclosure: Ok
Joy Ride: Good
Love Letters: Ok
Reformed: Amazing
Sworn to the Sword: Amazing
Rising Tides, Crashing Skies: Ok
Keeping it Together: Ok
We Need to Talk: Good
Chille Tid: Good
Cry for Help: Good
Keystone Motel: Good
Onion Friend: Good
Historical Friction: Ok
Friend Ship: Good
Nightmare Hospital: Great
Sadie's Song: Good
Catch and Release: Great
When it Rains: Great
Back to the Barn: Good
Too Far: Good
The Answer: Great
Steven's Birthday: Ok
It Could've been Great: Good
Message Received: Good
Log Date 7 15 2: Good

I pray this won't happen

5 amazing episodes
6 great episodes
5 good episodes
7 ok episodes
1 bad episode

Super Watermelon Island: Great
Gem Drill: Great
Same Old World: Great
Barn Mates: Ok
Hit the Diamond: Ok
Steven Floats: Amazing
Drop Beat Dad: Ok
Mr. Greg: Good
Too Short to Ride: Good
The New Lars: Good
Beach City Drift: Bad
Restaurant Wars: Ok
Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service: Ok
Monster Reunion: Amazing
Alone at Sea: Ok
Greg the Babysitter: Ok
Gem Hunt: Great
Crack the Whip: Good
Steven vs. Amethyst: Amazing
Bismuth: Amazing
Beta: Good
Earthlings: Amazing
Back to the Moon: Great
Bubbled: Great

1 amazing episodes
6 great episodes
8 good episodes
4 ok episodes
4 bad episode

Kindergarten Kid: Bad
Buddy's Book: Great
Mindul Education: Great
Future Boy Zoltron: Bad
Last One Out of Beach City: Good
Onion Gang: Bad
Gem Harvest: Good
Three Gems and a Baby: Ok
Steven's Dream: Good
Adventures in Light Distortion: Good
Gem Heist: Good
The Zoo: Good
That Will Be All: Great
The New Crystal Gems: Ok
Storm in the Room: Great
Rocknaldo: Bad
Tiger Philantropist: Good
Room for Ruby: Ok
Lion 4: Alternate Ending: Ok
Doug Out: Great
The Good Lars: Good
Are You My Dad: Great
I Am My Mom: Amazing

4+? amazing episodes
0+? great episodes
0+? good episodes
0+? ok episodes
0+? bad episodes

Stuck Together: Amazing
The Trial: Amazing
Off Colours: Amazing
Lars' Head: Amazing

> island adventure: amazing
Good one user

Actually, I wasn't sure about Storm in the Room, but now I am. It's amazing. So 2 amazing episodes and 5 great episodes in season 4.

Ok, now I'm positive

>o-oh! he d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-disagrees with me! I KNOW! I'LL CALL IT BAIT! THAT WILL SHOW HIM!

No normal person would have such shit taste.

>normal
kek

>Buddy's Book that high
>Mindul Education that high
>Three Gems and a Baby that low
>Tiger Philantropist that high
>Doug Out that hight
>The Good Lars that low

They're not worse. People have still yet to accept the show has been shit since S1

Lucky you, the show has a ton of rewatch value. So go enjoy it

You aren't alone
And you shouldn't listen to Sup Forums

Season 4 killed any ounce of love I had for the series. Now I can never see myself scoring it at its completion anywhere higher than 7/10.

I watch like two cartoons and read no comics. I have no idea why I keep coming here.

Which two?

Same here. The only cartoon I really care about right now is Adventure Time and it's on hiatus.

Are they amazing because of the thirst from hiatus or amazing because they are genuinely good? The episodes about rescuing Greg were considered amazing when they first came out.

Steven Universe and another show I can't remember at the moment. Might have been Samurai Jack, actually. Not sure.

FOUND EM

It's pretty easy to explain user. It's a basic formula for a variety of media.

Characters or situations attempt to resonate with the audience. Steven as a show is particularly good at angling for sympathy. On a foundational level, Steven himself is usually pretty relateable. He's a kid that just wants to hang out and spend time with the people he loves, but they treat him like he's stupid because he's a kid. Inb4 bait, but it actually shares a principal with South Park on this, that kids are have different more mature behavior than what their parents believe or sometimes see. The likelihood is that you were a kid once to, struggling to understand the world because people obfuscated facts because ???

To address your question of feeling like a tard, don't feel that way. It's a piece of media made to be enjoyable. Just because it's controversial, doesn't make it objectively bad. People criticize the pandering, the fact that Steven is an annoying fat kid that eats like garbage (Moreso in the first season), some of the general moral tones of the show, poor character direction (Amythest/Garnet are pretty bad for this), etc. Their criticisms are not invalid, for certain, but at the end of the day, if you can look past the flaws, or don't even see them at flaws, there's nothing wrong with you identifying with the show