Black Manta

>Go to Gamestop
>There's a skinny white guy there with a black t-shirt with two large glowing red ovals on the chest
>Back of the shirt says "How's the wife and kid?"

Why is Black Manta popular with the normies all of the sudden? Is he becoming the new Deathstroke in terms of being overrated as fuck?

And now someone felt like he deserved a spot in Injustice 2?

He has a cool costume, so folks like him. He's also covered from head to toe, so the Betas can self-insert. He's an autist, so the autists can relate. He hates Aquaman, but beyond that he's a blank slate, so they can project onto him.

It's the Doomguy/Master Chief/Whatever effect.

>all of the sudden
It's "all of a sudden", user.

He isn't autistic, he pretended to be to fuck with Aquaman and get people to hate him for thinking he was beating on a handicapped person. He is pure anger

You're all of the sudden a faggot

As long as you learnt something, I don't mind.

Because he's like us user. He likes to fuck with other people just because he can. And he's pretty good at doing it too.

Because the times, the times are when hate is popular, in media and otherwise. Hate is in vogue now.
And Black Manta is the epitome, the pinnacle, of hate. Deep hatred towards one single person. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

>He isn't autistic, he pretended to be to fuck with Aquaman
that sounds extremely autistic

>go to store where losers hang out
>see loser wearing a shirt from a loser hobby
>Fucking normies...
Maybe you're just austitic, OP.

II'm pretty sure he's autistic. But the good know nd. Like Sherlock.

He picks on Aquaman, and people love him more than Aquaman.

I want that shirt.

Because they think he'd make a great Batman villain.

>normies
That kid clearly wasn't a normie

But does he hate Batman?

Batman is Aquaman's friend. Therefore hurting Batman hurts Aquaman.

He doesn't need to, he's a villain, and so give him to Batman.

I'm surprised Abnett didn't kill have Aquaman kill him or at least acknowledge that he was trying to kill him after Manta took over NEMO and false flagged some attacks to throw the US and Atlantis into war killing many. I mean after some shit like that it stops being about yourself and it starts being about preventing more victims from being made.

>the normies

Fuck, I wish I could have been there to teleport behind him and run him through with my naginata

>And now someone felt like he deserved a spot in Injustice 2?

He's no less popular than most of the roster. He's been in Superfriends, Young Justice, and others. He's going to be in the movie.

Manta's costume is fucking girly. The giant eyes are usually just pointed enough along the outside they look like giant horn rimmed glasses and the two tubes look like twin tails.

Like that means he's popular. Injustice has enough characters that they are dipping into C and D list (which is great)

Black Manta isn't a crazy roster suggestion in a game that already has Atrocitus, Captain Cold, Swamp Thing, and Dr Fate.

I came here to post this

99% if people still have no idea who he is and would just be confused if you mentioned his name while talking about superheroes. That might change of the Aquaman movie is popular (assuming it gets made) but right now he's not "popular with normies" just because you saw some nerd in GameStop with a shirt

Manta is a great villain, and you are just a faggot. Most overrated villain is easily the Joker.

Manta is literally just Joker except he hasn't been ruined by his own popularity and too many repeat stories.

Manta is a highly functioning autist who can hold a conversation with people, unlike autists like you and me who can't even get laid

he also had sex at least once
which is more than most people on this site ever had

It's the Joker / Osbourn effect.

With all the Punishers, Midnighters and "ends justify the means" paramilitaries running around there's really no excuse.

sounds like you saw a real g at gamestop, OP

>Black Manta was "pretending" to be autistic, and everyone believed him so he thought he was just doing a good job tricking everyone but really he was just a high-functioning sperglord with no absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever
Is Manta, dare I say.. /ourguy/?

>Is he becoming the new Deathstroke in terms of being overrated as fuck?
He's Aquaman arch villain for Decades, the fact that a lot of people don't even know him already make him underrated, he's imo more interesting than Aquaman himself

same, user
I only came to this thread to see if anyone has a link for where I can buy it

Wasn't Black Manta an autistic boy in his origins then the medication fucked his empathy?

If the movie is sucessful and he turn into an A-list villain they will change him to look like the movie you know, remember what they did to Loki after avengers movie? Even Bane turned more political after the movies.

>I-I was only pretending to be retarded!

Checks out.

He got an appearence in Spongebob.

I like how he was the only really serious character in the show.

>Why is Black Manta popular with the normies all of the sudden?
You do realize that the only reason he was EVER popular is because he was on Super Friends and had a cool sounding voice, right? He was basically Soundwave on Transformers only 10 years earlier.

So you're bitching about 'normies' liking a Synergy character 'suddenly' and showing everyone what a fucking pleb you are.

Fucking summerFags.

>Everyone I see in public is a normie

t. Clown who wants more Batman characters as DLC

>go to a nerd store
>see a nerd with a nerd shirt

How is that guy a normie, you fucking retarded cunt?

>that episode where Mermaid Man is brought back from Davy Jone's locker, and Man Ray fucking murders everyone in the fish market he owned before immediately relapsing back into super-villainy
Jesus Christ Hillenburg, that was dark as fuck.

As far as I'm concerned Manta is totally autistic.

>Fish Market in Bikini Bottom

Aquaman assumed he got killed in the ship's explosion.

That story was edgelord as fuck, Johns tries way too hard.

This.

No. Manta doesn't try to have edgy nihilistic monologues about life and fate. He just wants to kill Aquaman.

It's less that and more 90 percent of the time he just targets Aquaman (who wouldn't mind killing him) and he's hard to kill. He's more like Barracuda or Jigsaw.

>He just wants to kill Aquaman
Except thats wrong. He wants Arthur to suffer, not dead. Without Aquaman, Black Manta's life is meaningless

Manta with small eyes looks like trash

Modern Manta Look is his best look.

I don't like the necks in and either. How is he even able to turn his head?

>Implying he shouldn't have been a day one addition in Injustice 2

>And he's pretty good at doing it too.
So he's nothing like the average Sup Forums user?