ResurrXion is about the resurrection of Professor X

>ResurrXion is about the resurrection of Professor X

How the fuck didn't we see that coming?

bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26/astonishing-x-men-leads-something-significant-new/

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Xavier_II_(Earth-13729)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Shadow King

Gotta have that TV and movie synergy.

>How the fuck didn't we see that coming?
Because Marvel seems hellbent on not doing anything the readers could like?

>>That article.

That's the biggest fucking reach I've ever seen!

>>Something new is coming to X-Men
>>I get it! They're resurrecting Xavier to start a new Teen X-Men book!

Like...HOW?!

I haven't read any X-Men since Xavier suffered his brain damage and went crazy. What happened since then?

He died, Scott died and Logan died.
Also the inhumans tried to gas every mutant on earth and somehow trying to stop it from happening made Scott comparable to Hitler.

True. Pretty sure that's why I hadn't assumed it either.

It's not a reach at all when you think about it. The event is called resurrection and of the main X-Men who are dead (Charles, Logan, Scott and Jean) Charles is the only one without an alternate universe version hanging around.

This is one of the few homage covers that isn't total shit. Based Lee.

I'm thinking he just dug up his old art, retouched it & sent it in

He had nothing to do with it. If anything it probably pisses him off that marvel is doing this.

That's from an old Mojo story, or at LEAST a rehash of the scene. Jubilee and Logan's poses are unmistakeable.

>inb4 they just make up some alternate reality Xavier replacement
The sad part is I can clearly see this happening.

Professor X died?

The momentary return of waifu Rogue.

Yup. Again.

Died, had his brain stolen by Red Skull. Said brain was implanted into Red Skull. Then Red Skull was killed, his brain removed and burned to ashes. Skull's skull was then given as a gift to Magneto. I assume as an elaborate sex toy.

They could pull in one of the crazy alternate Xaviers from X-Treme X-Men.

I really hope that it's not going to happen

Am I supposed to care?

It's from X-Men #11, the final issue drawn by Lee, after which he moved onto image permanently

Or maybe, it's a resurrexion of Legion?
Nobody wants Xavier to be back... again

They could and they probably will but I hope not. While OML is fine, teen Scott is shit and not only does he do nothing to fill the void left by the real Scott he is constantly shitting on his elder self. He exists solely to dump on the character.

Why? We need something to make the X-Men feel right again.

I support having the schizo think himself back into existence.

Just put blindfold in life threatening danger.

>Why? We need something to make the X-Men feel right again.
Protip: xavier is not it. He should have stayed dead in the 60s

Y-you should have stayed dead in the sixties

I wasn't even born then

Speak for yourself
...and Marvel I suppose

>While OML is fine
Nah man.
And don't forget alternate Jean makes-you-Gay.

>Xavier comes back, testifies about his own death, clears Cyclops's name.
>The more Xavier rolls around, the more he realises that something's wrong.
>Plugs into Cerebro, finds that there's massive evidence of brainwashing on a global scale.
>Brainwashing patterns correlate with the movement of the death cloud and Inhuman Battleship.
>Who was onboard that ship? Swain? What's her powers? Mass brainwashing?
>To me, my X-men!

>Speak for yourself
But why? Any x-fag agrees that Xavier is better off dead.

>>inb4 they just make up some alternate reality Xavier replacement
Didn't Bendis introduce just such a thing?
Some Chuck Jr. shit?
I know he went to lengths to make him a non-issue after but it's not like that ever sticks in a universe that never ends.

I used to agree, but without Scott or Logan we need a grownup in charge and all the ones around are retarded.

I would be okay with Cyclops returning.
Logan can rot in pieces

Rogue is my waifu. Forever and always.

>Logan
>grownup

the status quo is so shit I think Xavier back could only improve things, even if marginally

You realize the child there is Victor, yes?
You should have posted any of the other times Logan went on a tantrum.
Hell during Wolverine and the X-Men there was a point he just rides off on his motorcycle leaving the school to operate itself despite being headmaster.
Later Aaron tried to make it out he went off so he could deal with problems without bringing it to the school, but by virtue of being fucking Wolverine and the Headmaster of a mutant school that's bloody fucking well impossible!

Anyway, yeah Logan as principle or whatnot wouldn't work unless he's like Old Man Logan and has hung up his Wolverine stuff. Thing is though he'd likely no longer be as well received by fans if he was just some old Canadian guy running a school. That phase where Marvel tried to cram him into every possible position though was just weird.

Ehhhhhh.... user. I agree that it's shit, but really. If they brought Xavier back, it would turn out that he had some another dark secret hidden from his students. Nope, better dead than drowsed in mud again

Beats me, stayed the fuck away from that crap.

Nah. Xavier dying is one thing, because he goes through his walking/not walking/dead/not dead/in space/on Earth/powered/powerless cycle, but staying dead is stupid. They definitely have to drop the "Xavier is a douche" crap though.

Well I went and found the bastard for your pleasure
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Xavier_II_(Earth-13729)

>Any Rightclopsfag agrees that Xavier is better off dead.
fixed. Xavier needs to come back so someone can run the fucking school. Cyclops can come back as well as long as they keep him single. No more crazy psychic bitches trying to make him a fucking martyr while fucking the resident badboy (Jean/Logan, Emma/Namor).

>They definitely have to drop the "Xavier is a douche" crap though.
You damn well known that they won't drop it.
Don't be obtuse

Let me give you a free lesson, if you want to fit in among x-fags:
Charles Xavier is a jerk.

Is their any hope for the X-Men line? At all?

Is there anything that could realistically save them?

Good writing would bring interest back, as well as not constantly making them out to be villains.

Yes. But it would require a massive overhaul, and nostalgia is not the answer. Of all marvel properties, X-Men is the only one capable of growth and changes.

Fuck off Bendis, I don't give a fuck about your jewish mary-sue waifu.

Okay, it was fun and whatsnot, but I want casuals to fuck off

About the same as Marvel in general.
Mayb if they had Yost in charge and didn't bother him, dunno.

making Chamber and Longshot into main X-Man

How would he know about that image if he was casual?

Sure, but realistically we can't expect that to happen.

No matter how bad things get, Marvel has no incentive to change because they're backed by mouse money.

Exactly because he is a casual, it's the image that he knows

Original colors are better.

Comics money =/= the rest of the company. The mouse might save their ass, but the profit is on them.

Someone needs to show Ike sales numbers from the 90s and link him to some proper criticism so he knows how much money he isn't getting.

Hm, close but no cigar.

kek
No cigarette either.

Holy shit. I forgot about that retarded no smoking policy

thankfully, the digital version still have a Cigarbub
Fucking quesada, I hope you die of cancer.

>Wolverine can murder hundreds of people and finish his day with some road head from Domino
>but smoking's bad m'kay?

It was an early sign of what the company was becoming.

>Charles Xavier is a jerk.
You are quoting a Jew. You are only going to make people here like Charles and want him back even more if he rustles the kikes

Considering that Xavier is a skinhead, that's very probable

Bringing back proper leadership. Why Kitty is leading I will never understand. The next step is telling new and exciting stories, not rehashing old ones or making the X-men bad guys. Its that simple.

It's not a coincidence

Laughed probably harder than I should.

One of the upsides of Fox having the movie rights to X-Men is that he got to grab a big handful of cigars in Logan.

Another thing that people forget, in MCU-verse Logan would be neutered completely, especially, if he was to join the crapvengers

Gotta disagree. I liked what Mike Carey did with him in X-Men Legacy. It was interesting to see Xavier get his own story instead of just being a supporting character.

I would like to see the Asshole Xavier thing lessened a bit. They really went overboard with that.

Carey was long time ago. Look at the current staff and tell me with pure heart: does anyone have what it takes to write a good story? I don't think so, especially when a no-talents like Guggenheim and Soule are writing the x-books

I have enjoyed almost zero FoX-Men movies.

But the alternative would surely be so much worse.

God I miss Carey.

>But the alternative would surely be so much worse.
Well, at least we agree on that.

Bunn is doing what he can but they keep screwing him over. Making his book second fiddle to the boring ass wannabe Claremont era team, and then forcing him to write the O5

Yeah, they should have let him continue with Magneto solo. He was really good at that

Except for that miscolored Gambit forearm.

>people actually think this is good art

I dunno, for whatever reason thy have no qualms about the Avengers killing left and right, which is worse.

>killing
>unnamed alien hordes

There are pros and cons to Marvel and Fox's ownership.

Marvel

Pros

>More team centric.
>Consistent timeline and events
>Better for more lighthearted characters like Kitty

Cons

>Censored up the wazoo
>Characters will all be quipping assholes
>Plot structures become repetitive

Fox

Pros

>More experimental
>Better for darker characters like Wolverine
>Stronger individual characters

Cons

>Shit timeline and planning
>Those who aren't the focus get nothing
>Over-reliance on a handful of characters.

>Those who aren't the focus get nothing
Black Widow, where are you?

>Over-reliance on a handful of characters.
Tony Stark, is that you? Or is it my beard in the mirror?

>Also the inhumans tried to gas every mutant on earth and somehow trying to stop it from happening made Scott comparable to Hitler.
sounds like what happened to Hitler. The jews were causing a lot of trouble and posed a threat to the nation, its not his fault they didn't accept his mercy and leave for isreal.

I liked Bunn's Magneto, so I think he could do a good job. In my dream scenario though they would bring in some new/old writers.

I'm not sure if it would matter though, given Marvel's current editorial decisions.

If gillen hadn't gotten lost up his own ass, he would have been a good X writer

>Black Widow, where are you?

Out in the back with Cyclops, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler and some others

>Tony Stark, is that you? Or is it my beard in the mirror?

Sorry, its Logan. You noticed I did something with my hair?

I feel like FOX at least can have more bite to their films than Marvel. Like, I don't see how Marvel with the X-Men could tackle stuff like the Holocaust if they think Uncle Ben would bring Spider-Man down.

Yeah, both companies are kinda shit at what they do

I loved his run on Uncanny. Especially coming off of Fraction's diarrhea.

I would like to see a walking Xavier who is also an action battlefield Xavier, just because it hasnt been common. I think he only was that in the 80s when he could walk again for the first time. I remember him leading the X-Men, rescuing Rachel from Selene.

Thats his astral form phasing through the wall btw

He was a good X writer. The Extinction Team was great

He just got more notoriety for JiM, Young Avengers and Wicked + Divine. So he's been playing to that audience

1) Get rid of Kitty. I'll never understand why some Xfags wanted her back. Send her again to space. Cosmicfags are douche retards so they deserve her. Reboot the book, this time with almost no ANAD X-Men if possible. Retire Nightcrawler and Colossus, they do more harm than good at this point.

2) Get rid of Quire and most of the idiot childs on Generation X. If Aaron is so in love with him then send him to Thor permanently and stop polluting the name of a beloved book. Reboot the book this time with good characters.

3) Get rid of the O5. At this point, they're so irrelevant I can't believe they've managed to stay this long. And the whole thing is even more stupid now that it's confirmed they're alternate versions. If they're so afraid of pissing off the Bendis then keep Jean but keep her contained on her solo. Reboot the book with some other popular X-Men.

4) Cancel Iceman solo. It's not gonna end well. But if you really wanna keep it going, then stop making it about his sexuality. Actually explore his history and personality. He wasn't created by Bendis, he had decades of stuff before becoming gay. If you can't accept that, then you're not prepared for him to have a solo. Keep Jean's but keep her contained there.

5) Stop making stupid books destinated for cancellation. I'm sure there are two or three guys who might want a random group of X-Men going on adventures in a book called Astonishing or Weapon X, but that's gonna end in the low sooner than later. It's a waste of time and it deludes the brand. If you wanna do another book, then actually think of a special thing or a purposse other than oversaturating the market.

I think following this could save them

Its funny when Ennis has made reference to it

Fox problem is their handling of everyone who isn't Sniktbub, Xavier or Magneto, and the latter 2 stories are getting repetitive.

And that's probably more a result of the same creative team staying on board. They need new blood and start giving focus to a core team.

I don't think Marvel is the answer. Not after what I've seen from Ironman 4. Fox just needs to crack that missing ingredient to their films and they'd be great.

So he wrote Journey Into Mystery when everyone was harping about it? Sorry X-Men, but he should be put in charge of Thor.

There's one issue of Legacy in particular where it's Xavier vs. a compound of Acolytes. He takes them all out via post-hypnotic suggestions he implanted the night before while they were asleep, and by hijacking one of them earlier and altering the automatic weapons' targeting system then deleting the memory from the guy.

It was pretty glorious watching Chuck take them all out without breaking a sweat.

>Xavier
Yah, nah. Remember First Class?

Well, DOFP, DP, Logan were really really good.
I also liked Apocalypse, but I'm probably in minority.

New Mutants will be a horror movie, so it might be possible. Legion was great.

We are waiting for
Dark Phoenix, with said new creative team, albeit I have fears about it.

DP 2 is a mystery. It'll either beat the first, or completely sink DP. We don't know if Gambit, or X-Force happens.

>DOFP

And Xavier was basically the central focus

>Logan

I did say Wolvie was one of the characters they get right, even if he isn't comic accurate.

>DP

Was great IN SPITE of Fox.. They had no faith the film would be great and even slashed more off the already shoe-string budget during filming.

>New Mutants

I'm cautiously optimistic. Contrary to what plebs who sperg over the news, the NM aren't Superheroes and that's how they stood out from the X-men. However, the castings and director give me pause.

>Dark Phoenix

Zero faith. Am expecting a dumbster fire on par with Fant4stic. And its not really a new creative team, as the only difference is Singer is out. Say what you will about Singer, but he's atleast a competent director. Kinberg is shit, pure shit.

>DP2

Its going to be the Hangover Part II effect. Fox and Reynolds try hard to recreate the magic of the first and only leads to a disappointing follow up.

>Gambit

Not happening

>X-force

Purely dependant on Deadpool 2.

>Skull's skull was then given as a gift to Magneto. I assume as an elaborate sex toy.
Johann would be proud of that next level pettiness, if only it happened to anyone else but him.

THE HOUSE OF IDEAS!

MODS Sup Forums IS LEAKING