Well that didn't take long

Well that didn't take long.

>archie comics discover relaunch and new #1
And so their innonce if they still had one is gone.

So I'm guessing the reboot didn't work out?

Not to the extent they'd hoped but it looks like instead of completely capitulating and doing a Marvel, rebooting after a dozen issues, they're just saying "Okay, maybe there's demand for a classic style Archie".
Maybe it'll have some contunity, two or three issue arcs.

Yeah, the reboot has more of a fanbase than "New Look" had and Waid staying on for a long while has helped it keep some cred.

But there'll always be some liking classic style Archie. Hopefully you're right about it having some small arcs and etc.

I just want Reggie to get Betty, it was hinting it so hard in Reggie and Me.

>they're just saying "Okay, maybe there's demand for a classic style Archie".

Just like the last time they attempted to modernize Archie for the hip new generation.

Just re-read Married Life.

Life with Archie? I do but then I just hate how the whole Dillon dimension arc wasn't tied up and seeing Cheryl with cancer kinda makes me sad. Bettyis2good for this carrot top.

Anybody catch Preacher last night?
Cassidy was reading a Spire Archie comic.

Nice Trips, How is Preacher (Show)? Been meaning to watch it when I get a free weekend.

Riverdale is a successful show for the CW network; doing okay in ratings, but fantastic in (official) online streaming and secondary sources

>purple eyes
muh dick
Betty still best girl though

How has the Riverdale tie-in sold? Enough that they'd keep it around, or trash pile like Reggie and Me?

Different from the comic but well done in an over the top grindhouse kinda way

Dude Weed Man sucked ape dick in Green Hornet, but these two episodes of Preacher were actually fun

How different are we talking about? Thanks might binge it this weekend.
Seth Rogen is in the show?

it was selling well and then dropping in sales so they killed betty and now they can't have it be too long ongoing, hence your pal archie

WHERE IS MY RIVERDALE OST CW

He's one of the two directors for the show
It's very different from the comics, with the first season being in the town and Quinncannon already in the show. Now we are on a road trip to find god with SoK on their asses
It's like Lucifer a little, the show have very little to do with the source comic, but Preacher is closer to its source instead of a name-only adaptation like Lucifer

I don't know who Waid was trying to con with that

Only person conned by that was Waid who thought that was ever a good idea to put in an Archie comic

>Dan Parent
Less than impressed.

>That Veronica

Still the best girl. How's Jughead looking?

pretty much the same

Veronica > Jabetty

Archie is damn near bankrupt right now, thanks to the two Sonic lawsuits and the settlement between the owners. The reboot was a desperate attempt to get direct market support, but it has failed. I expect the entire company to be sold by the end of the year.

Marvel wants to buy their supermarket checkout spots.

DC / Warners wants to own the characters because they own the TV rights to everything. I'm sure they'd love that checkout space for the digests too. It's be perfect for their Scooby-Doo comics. They have two decades of back material to reprint.

They have an entire young adult imprint coming by the end if the year. Add reprints if something kid friendly like Gotham Academy and Super Sons, and they're gold.

>Purple lipstick and black clothing
>Jughead remains pure despite so many reboots

What a time to be alive

Disney probably want to buy them out so they can get Sabrina in-house

>so they killed betty
What the fuck?

>tfw they wasted Big Ethel on a literal meme actress in Riverdale

>They have an entire young adult imprint coming by the end if the year. Add reprints if something kid friendly like Gotham Academy and Super Sons, and they're gold.
Really? Souce?

Isn't it funny how this story arc is called Over The Edge?

They really needed that Kickstarter but they got shamed into cancelling it
That said, an eternal subscription to Archie seemed like a bad idea to give away as a reward tier

F

Isn't that just the Archie way?
If it's not selling well, then just kill someone off then end it.

The "let's combine the ending" thing was so much more dumb than Archie's death in that whole affair.

I mean, do you really want to watch Archie get shot twice?

Fair point, at least two different epilogues then.
After that it's just "oh hey, they gave the high school a name" and just really no ending to the two timelines outside that and weird lil' Archie/Betty/Veronica clones they spy on.

There's no reason why he needed to get shot in both timelines. One of them could have ended with him getting kicked in the head by a mule and dying of a brain hemorrhage.

Eh, it's a sudden cancellation ending, they made the best out of it.
Or is abruptly killing off the main character making the worst of it?

A little of both, really.

has someone done a loss edit yet

WHAT? NO! WHY?

Ah well. I meant to give Nu-Archie a chance and never got around to it. Woops.

Pick it up once Mok takes over art duties on the main ongoing

I dont understand this, Reggie is the jerk so he should be the one fucking Ronnie and Betty yet this pretty boy faggot gets them like wtf.

>The jerk should be the one fucking women
I think Sup Forums has corrupted you too far