"no one even knows who Wonder Woman is, DC IS FINISHED!"

>"no one even knows who Wonder Woman is, DC IS FINISHED!"
>rumors that a former WB employee says that WW is a mess
>"DCucks on suicide watch! JUST!"

>trailers come out
>"AHAHAHAHAH SO SHIT OH MY GOD I CAN'T BREATHE ROTTEN TOMATOES IS GOING TO BURY THIS TURD! CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS IS GOING TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH WONDER WOMAN!"

>critics first reactions on twitter were overwhelmingly positive
>"fucking shills I swear, look at this review on IMDb saying it's shit without talking about the movie at all, damn this is going to be hilarious!!"

>embargo drops, WW has more praise than Logan and anything in the MCU since Avengers or so
>"fucking SJW shills this movie is SHIT audience scores are going to crush it lmao"

>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
>"h-heh well who cares it's still going to fucking BOMB look at this picture of an empty theater (I swear these retards were posting those pictures here lol)"

>WW crushes all predictions and opens at more than $100M, beating IM1, GotG, Doctor Strange, Logan, TWS and more
>"w-well until you see the DROP, 80% at least, DC is dead bury it consider this mercy etc etc"

>"T-The Mummy will crash this movie with no survivors! Can't Bruise The Cruise!"
>it critically panned and flopped

>WW has one of the smallest drop for a CBM ever and the 3rd weekend drop is even smaller
>on it's 3rd weekend it's making more than CW and AoU (Avengers movies)
>already outgrossed TWS and Doctor Strange entire domestic runs after two weeks and it's making more money overseas than dom so far while no release yet in Ger/Jap/foreign markets

>"Cars 3 will bury it!"
>doesn't even make a dent

>"Transformers 5 will finish it!"
>WW doesn't drop, actually rises 23%, T5 tracking for the lowest opening of its franchise ($63-65M)

>"WW bombed! it hasn't even passed 500M! DC is finished!"
>crosses $600M threshold on the same day user posted this

>"how is this happ-"
>$650M on its 4th weekend

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/25/transformers-5-is-the-worst-performing-sequel-in-modern-hollywood-history/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87544477/#87557670
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86321269/#86321679
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91354796/#91375308
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90415888/#90436635
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87478322/#87487316
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85244499/#85246787
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Straw man arguments are a pleb response. Please consider the rope and remove your autism from this world

And all they had to do to get that success was throw the Snyder movies under the bus.
Nobody thought they'd have the balls to do that, so this is understandable.

To be fair, there wasn't much reason to be confident in this from the shit advertising

>"Cars 3 will bury it!"
>"Transformers 5 will finish it!"
I'll fully admit I'm surprised that the world got some taste and didn't flock to either of these. You can call that one egg on my face. Can you blame anybody for thinking otherwise though after seeing how Cars 3 and Transformers 4 did?

It was fucking shit though

Wonder Woman has surprisingly strong legs, it could end up somewhere in $800 million at this rate.

Wow, it's a critical and box office success!
It's not like there's no other critical and box office successes out there, OP. Why should anyone care?

>16th superhero movie in the US
>Much lower worldwide
Why is everyone making a big deal about it? It's not like it set the world on fire or anything.

t mcuck

>"This will be the end of capeshit" says increasingly nervous shitposter for the seventh time this year
What else is new?

more like t. snyderfag.
The only people that hate Wonder Woman are the people accusing DC of selling out and making a formulaic (read: good) movie. I love Wonder Woman. It proves the problem was always "based snyder" and that the persecution complex was real.

Why can't they just be happy? They have a movie in their favored franchise that's critically acclaimed.

In fact, why have company wars? Both companies are doing well critically and financially now. Why does it matter?

>no one even knows who Wonder Woman is,
Said no one ever.

>>"WW bombed! it hasn't even passed 500M!
Who said this? The movie had a budget of 149mil, yeah? Five times its budget is considered a bomb now? This is Hollywood, not AAA video games.

Still nice to see this movie actually succeeded. As a Wondy fan, I was well prepared for the shitstorm that didn't happen.

womyn

>Apologize.
No, cause this means Marvel is gonna try even harder to make the Captain Marvel movie work...or think its good enough as it is already. I'm not sure which is worse, really want that shit to fail...

They can't be happy because accepting Wonder Woman means they were wrong about MoS and BvS and that the critics, audiences, normies, and all the other metrics they derided not only had legitimate points, but were ultimately right.

In their minds it is better and nobler to let the DCEU crash and burn than admit any wrongdoing or that they were just being contrarian hipster trolls.

this is an advanced level of being determined to be grumpy

Company wars never made any sense to me. Especially when you realize that kind of shit is exactly what these corporations want. They don't really want customers, they want legions of rabid pawns chomping at the bit to ravenously consume whatever shit they're peddling that week.

>actively wanting a work of fiction to be bad
That's some pretty cancerous thinking there, user.

>Everyone in the world is suddenly long time fans of WW for 2 weeks
>Comic sales remain constant with no major bump

Really makes you think

actually i kind of glanced over the end of that sentence, nevermind

i wonder if a janitor would lose their position if they actually aggressively removed deliberate shitposting, or if its just too much work to try that hard to salvage this board

Tribalism is almost a human instinct. Same reason Sup Forums is full of Apple shilling, not to mention Sup Forums
It's the mindset that if you belong to a group, you share the traits of that group, so if the group is successful, you share that success.

lol you actually took the time to write this out

The vast majority of movie audiences don't read comics and probably never will, this has always been the case.

This happens with EVERYTHING that gets posted here.
>Thing announced, people complain it will be bad and others say it'll be alright
>Thing gets closer/more leaks come out, "wow it's going in a terrible direction"
>Pre-screenings go up and shitposts go massive based on how those go
>Thing releases, whiners still complain x or y ruined the movie or it was awful overall
Not even with a side or franchise, just look at almost any thread that doesn't turn into a general circlejerk. Who cares man

I'm one of the few people who genuinely liked the character before they changed her into something almost unrecognizable, if the movie does poorly there's a small glimmer of hope that they realizing these flaws, and attempt to repair some of the damage they've done.

In their minds, if WW was good, a movie that was completely and tonally the opposite of the predecessors in it's cinematic universe, that would mean that ultimately the masses' opinions were right which would mean that all the shittalking the previous 3 movies got from them were also right. They spent way too long on the "this is kino" train, deriding the public opinion and now that the opinion is actually in their favor, it's the opposite of what they were saying for over 2 years before.

This means they either agree with the opinions and accept the previous movies were indeed not as good as they think or stay on the mountain they chose to die on and keep touting their kino memes while deriding the very thing that is considered to be the best out of the universe.

glad you had your little fun with your not even $700 million box office

now make way for billion dollar movies that are ACTUALLY good not just progressive points "good"

Homecoming looks like shit

>Both companies are doing well critically and financially now
It's still a bit premature to say that, DC has now had one critical success out of the four films in the DCEU. It's nice to see they finally got something right, but we'll have to see what they do with this information before we decide if they're going to fuck it all up again.

I do agree with you though, the company war bullshit is fucking retarded. The better things get for either side, the better everything else will have to get in order to compete. We'd never have gotten Wonder Woman if Marvel hadn't been wildly successful with the MCU, because wanting that Marvel money is the entire reason WB decided to try the shared universe thing in the first place.

Does anybody remember that Marvelfag who came here bragging about getting his ass arrested for pulling the fire alarm in a Wonder Woman showing?

No, because company wars don't matter. It's the same with DC fans saying they want to gas Marvel fans.

Literally no one gives a shit.

Literally nobody with two braincells thinks Homecoming will be anything but shit

H...heh yeah, company wars don't matter when based Marvel is the target!

It doesn't matter when either company is the target. Because it's stupid to argue over petty shit like this.

It's not like you'll understand, because you're an autist who thinks liking one company makes you superior to someone else who likes an opposing company.

next week it will lose hundreds of theaters, it doesn't matter how strong it's legs are if nobody is showing it.

Marveldrones are fucking assblasted because there's finally been a film that was well received from DC/WB and they can't wrap their heads around that.

DCucks are riding high right now because they finally got a film that wasn't godawful but they're still bitter because even the worst of the MCU doesn't give them material for sick burns as bad as pic related.

tl;dr: everyone is retarded

>Gal Gadot
>strong legs

gud joke m8

Dance off bro, you and me!

The Cars movies are always among the lowest performing of the Pixar catalog and Cars 3 did about the same as the rest of the franchise. Transformers 5 however dropped hard from the previous movies and is only getting saved by China.

>now make way for billion dollar movies that are ACTUALLY good not just progressive points "good"
Dude they replaced all Peter friends for minorities.Homecoming is the first sjwzed movie of MCU

> even the worst of the MCU doesn't give them material for sick burns as bad as pic related.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAA
*BREATH*
HAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

i still havent watched it

Who's ready for the JUST US League?

go watch nigga

MARVELOSERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

It hasn't surpassed Guardians of the Galaxy. I doubt it'll get more than Spider-Man by the end of the year. I don't get what's this 'Energizer of Superhero movies' the article talks about.

When is Marvel not the target?

>tfw i been here to saw this whole timeline transpire in front of my eyes
I..need a life

I think it's about the fact that the movie's making money consistently week after week instead of doing like, say, BvS where more than half the earnings came from the opening weekend alone

Also it beat other summers blockbusters like Mummy and arguably Cars. Although apparently now Transformers is coming out on top, and Spider-Man is in less than two weeks

forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/25/transformers-5-is-the-worst-performing-sequel-in-modern-hollywood-history/

Holy shit

Yeah, i know. But it still replaced WW as the top earner is what i meant, with Cars being 3rd, although that may change next week. Apparently it's doing well enough outside of America or something

Holy shit, Pirates is stil around?

He was the one who fought for WW to happen... so, we kind of owe him.

Just like the things you like and let others do the same?

I thought it was bad movie that was so close to being amazing. The CGI wasn't that good, I didn't like the soundtrack, and the begging was kinda meh. But I could of forgave all of this if they stuck with the "you can't save the world by just beating the main villain" ending. When I heard those words watching WW I was ready to put it as one of the best superhero film out there, it was a cool and different view in a superhero movie. But that stupid final fight with Ares ruined it for me, making it as bad as the first Thor movie in my book.

>as bad as the first Thor movie
No need to be melodramatic.

At this rate is possible to reach 700 millions in this week?

you mean JUST ASS League

nope

>making it as bad as the first Thor movie
C'mon, Thor 1 makes MoS look good, it didn't even looked like a MCU movie

Hang in there Batman, your help is crucial to the task at hand.

It's been a while since I last watched the first Thor so maybe I just need to watch it again. But beside that WW is still very low in my rating book.

>a netflix show

You're a step away from comparing the two franchises based on who had tastier licensed breakfast cereal.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87544477/#87557670

>WW has to compete with Transformers 5
>Pirates of the Caribbean opens the weekend before WW, ... and the rebooted Mummy franchise with Cruise opens the weekend after.

>Wonder Woman will be dead in theaters long before June 23rd. It may well open at #2 if this is another billion dollar Pirates movie; it will almost certainly be at #3 in it's second weekend, if not #4.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/86321269/#86321679
>But Wonder Woman, a movie that nobody cares about, is competing directly against Transformers 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
>Poor Wondy is going to get spitroasted by Jack Sparrow and the demonic, psycho version of Optimus Prime.

>desuarchive.org/co/thread/91354796/#91375308
>The Mummy with Cruise I think will draw big numbers. If people can get over how weird it is to see Cruise in a fantasy film, I think people are really gonna dig it.

>Transformers will make a billion dollars with the help of Anthony Hopkins. We'll all complain and wonder why but it'll make a billion.

>And poor Wonder Woman is caught in the middle of this gangbang.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/90415888/#90436635
>DCU movie
>lead actor who can't act
>leaked plot synopsis is fucking awful
>Is going up against the second week of Pirates 5, then has The Mummy coming out the week after

>I can't see it doing well at all.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87478322/#87487316
>Wonder Woman opens at #2 behind Pirates 5 second weekend
>Fades to #4 behind The Mummy and WWZ2 in second weekend

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85244499/#85246787

>Unexperienced director
>Rushed production
>Heavily touched-up script
>Story by Zack Snyder
>Script by a guy whose Wonder Woman series pitch was not good enough even for the CW.
>Gal Gadot leading a movie
>Stacked up against Baywatch and Pirates of the Caribbean on the week before, Bad Boys III on the same week, and The Mummy and World War Z 2 on the following week

>23rd highest grossing comic book adaptation
WOW IT'S NOTHING

You already made a thread and got no replies. Nobody cares

I DON'T FUCKING CARE. NOBODY FUCKING CARES.

FUCK DC FAGS

m a d

Literally nobody said Captain Underpants and the Mummy would beat this. Why must DC fags lie?

But they said transformers was going to destroy it,it didn't nothing the drop actually slowed down.

I saw at least three "Captain Underpants is going bury WW" threads.

Why are Marvelcucks lying?

I was absolutely wrong about Wonder Woman and I was happy to see it blew my expectations.

But you're an enormous faggot and I can't believe you actually took the time to type out such a longwinded strawman post. Also it's hilarious how critic scores suddenly matter to DCfags now that something has finally passed the fresh threshhold.

I hope so fucking badly that Transformers gets rebooted. And, of course, I hope that Bay is basically told not to come back.

Literally right here.

I'm happy to see WW doing so well since it will help Warner to make more DC movies and seeing the doom and gloom rumor perpetuating haters get BTFO is always amusing, but it doesn't change the fact that WW was a mediocre movie at best. All this really proved was that sadly current audiences will praise anything capeshit related that caters to a very specific and uninspired "it's colorful and fun like a pg cartoon!" vibe.

I think even Warner Bros. didn't see this movie becoming a critical hit. Not that I'm complaining because Marvel has some competition to live up to.

>got no replies
>replies

It's nice that the Transformers franchise might be finally crapping out.
It's nice that Wonder Woman might threaten the $700 million dollar mark. It's nice that WB finally figured out that if you are attempting to make your own Avengers, you might just have to make movies much like the MCU.

Everything is going well for you, congrats.

No one cheering for Marvel is going to be upset until Homecoming or Ragnarok craters, they aren't bothered/threatened/frightened of Wonder Woman's box office.

If anything it's nice to see Fox and WB getting their shit together (looks at Sony).

>mediocre

It actually isn't. Sure, the third act's a little weak and the fight with Ares reeks of being a Snyder shitfest, but overall the movie's pretty good. In particular I was really impressed by Gadot, sure her accent is a little annoying but she had great charisma and screen presence. Also good chemistry with Pine, who was phenomenal. The action was also generally pretty good.

>but it doesn't change the fact that WW was a mediocre movie at best. All this really proved was that sadly current audiences will praise anything capeshit related that caters to a very specific and uninspired "it's colorful and fun like a pg cartoon!" vibe.
Niche tastes meant niche sales. I am sorry that you have preferences that don't resemble those of the general public, but you don't spend 200+ million dollars on a film just to deliberately lose half of it.

The public will like what they like and you are not going to force feed them anything.

Quit hyperventilating and show us where the Marvel fanboy touched you.

>It's nice that WB finally figured out that if you are attempting to make your own Avengers
Avengers is literally a Justice League rip off and Marvel don't even deny it.

We're talking movies here, if you hadn't noticed yet.

Oh sorry,they ripped of Superman classic trilogy style too as well.

What are you going on about? Superman was a Quadrilogy, through 3 different directors.

>"STOP LYING THIS NEVER HAPPENED"
>Is proved wrong
>"WOW YOU REALLY ARE HYPERVENTILATING AREN'T YOU?"
I miss when Marvelcucks weren't Sup Forumsirgin-tier.

The Avengers were never marvel's JL, in fact it was a team made of secondaries often used to try experiment with characters that otherwise weren't strong enough to carry their own books, like for example Black Night, which is why someone like Hulk went in and out of the group so often since he was more famous

It eventually evolved into that role, but it wasn't conceived that way

But as the other user said, as far as movies go JL wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for Avengers. WB tried in the past but never went through

>in fact it was a team made of secondaries often used to try experiment with characters that otherwise weren't strong enough to carry their own books, like for example Black Night, which is why someone like Hulk went in and out of the group so often since he was more famous
So is a Justice Society rip off created one year later after Justice League sucess to get some spotlight.

Yeah but man people were saying that Captain Underpants would preform better box office wise.

Captain Underpants.

I remember it being more of a "What if CU made more than WW? Would DCEUshills shit themselves?"

Which was a stupid question.
DCEUshills were going to shit themselves regardless, as this thread proves.

This you freaks are a cancer that needs to be removed

Why would you create these posts illustrating your unfamiliarity with comic books?
Just to get called out on it?

I just want to be here on Sup Forums when DCEUfriends are forced to acknowledge Sweet Joss Whedon as the savior of their comic universe.

Nigga you didn't even knew about justice society before my comment, just fuck off.

Why would they though? It's stupid. Is it just Snyderfags?

>But I could of forgave all of this if they stuck with the "you can't save the world by just beating the main villain" ending
I mean, Doctor Strange already did this so..

You realize that the Justice League is a "rip off" of Justice Society, if anything, right?

>no one even knows who Wonder Woman is
Stopped reading at th first sentence. If you don't live under a rock, chances are that you'll know who fucking Wonder Woman is. This wasn't like them trying to make a Martian Manhunter or Vixen movie.

>tfw one of these is mine
Nobody will ever know.