Does DC seriously think they're going to succeed with their own streaming service?

I mean when you talk about exclusively releasing Young Justice season 3 and other new shows on a platform just for DC stuff that people have to pay for. There are two demographics they need to go after; kids and adults. With kids, do you really think parents will pay for a DC specific streaming service unless the kid is some sort of megafan? And with adults, everyone will watch a ripped version online or torrent it. This is an incredibly stupid business model.

I think it is going to include comics as well, along with past DC comic tv shows, live action and animated.

Hard to know what that is going to be like though, if they're going to offer a lot of their past library or just stick with the well known stories.

Well, it's supposed to have a Comixology style reader and have past DC shows and movies. Add on the support of AT&T and it seems like a really solid plan.

Everyone and their dog wants their own streaming service. The problem is that they don't seem to understand that what people want from a streaming service is selection. Good exclusives help a lot, but mostly people want to have all their favourite shows easily available rather than just 5 or so shows.

Its basically Marvel Unlimited but good

I'd say it's a terrible business plan but so is being a comics publisher at the moment, so maybe it's actually a step up for them

It'd be great if it hosted all of its animation. Maybe they can make more of those DC Showcase shorts like they did for Spectre and Jonah Hex for more characters. Also DC really needs to step up their live action game.

It fucking blows. I just want stuff to be put on Netflix or Hulu, I don't want to deal with a streaming service for every company just because they want a piece of the pie that doesn't exist for them anymore. They missed the boat.

I would pay $10 dollars a month for a DC version of Marvel Unlimited alone - much less one with animation attatched to it as well. Fuck- if they included Vertigo titles I'd pay 15 a month.

Would have been a much better idea to lease it off to a channel or other streaming service.

They'll be as successful as CBS thinks it will be with THEIR streaming service, featuring stuff like Star Trek Discovery.

I suspect like GoT, a lot of this stuff will get pirated and be widely viewed, but a lot of people WILL pay for it.

I would be shocked it you didn't see some of this stuff end up on say Amazon Prime or Netflix some 3-5 years down the road.

Am pretty sure it will include their catalog - with the exception of stuff which is already contracted (e.g. Amazon Prime has Superman-STAS, it might be an exclusive, it might not; Hulu has Smallville, etc. etc.)

ESTO

>With kids, do you really think parents will pay for a DC specific streaming service unless the kid is some sort of megafan? And with adults, everyone will watch a ripped version online or torrent it. This is an incredibly stupid business model.
That's a very good point.

It would have to be super cheap. We're talking $5 a month or less.

Pretty much this.

That's why I'm really glad that the CW did what they did. They have their own streaming app, well two actually, but they have that deal with Netflix too.

So even if you don't have Netflix, you can still watch their shows on the site or the app for free unlike other stations. (Looking at you Fox, ABC, and CBS.)

probably some movies too

Who even thought this would be a good idea?

I'll be buying it to try it out anyway. If it has a decent DC selection of comics, I'll continue.

You guys are outliers.

So, how does /co feel about a Drake Bell Nightwing?

Agreed. It's dumb.

I like it
Can we get Amanda Bynes Starfire?

You know, with the budget the show likely has, she might be one of the very few choices.

The dude has the face of a 45 year old.

>And with adults, everyone will watch a ripped version online or torrent it. This is an incredibly stupid business model.
if what is put on is good id hope theyd pay for the service so we can get more of it

I hope it works because DC has been dicked over by CN way too much. If they can make it work then that'd mean more cartoons and maybe even some decent live action stuff that's above the quality of the CW.

Is it going to be something like youtube and hulu where free streaming comes with ads and paying a premium removes them (fuck hulu for still having ads even then)?

I honestly hope they cast young unknowns, no one over 25
All the guys I used to think would be great Nightwings are like in their mid-30s now

Aren't there also plans for a Nightwing solo movie too? Maybe one of those mid-30's end up playing him anyway.

>DC has been dicked over by CN way too much

Seriously , what the fuck is that about? JL Action felt like it got killed right out of the gate and they tailored the show to fit specifically with CN's current style and still be good. If it's about toy sales, they should actually advertise the toys.

I hope something works for them. I thought they'd do Netflix but nope..

I'd much rather see that than a potential Cyborg movie (who I'm also kind of bummed won't be in a Titans series)

I don't understand how they're making a Titans show with him and this.

Well, there's the Flash show and movie.

Not to mention that DC has been giving CN great cartoons for over a decade now. But I guess it's because CN wants to have cheaper shows. TTGo must be really cheap so they just spam those episodes all day.

CN has even neglected their own action shows. Ben 10 is a whole other kind of show these days and Generator Rex, Megas XLR, Symbionic Titan, and Secret Saturdays got shafted. Although Rex seems to have gotten the best treatment out of those.

It's a shame because action cartoons are great but probably not seen as financially worthwhile to CN. So it's cheaply animated comedic shows all day everyday.

Outside of Rebels I can't think of any non comedic action animation on TV. The Marvel shows are braindead. Nick mismanaged Korra and Cartoon network has given all of them the shaft for about 5 years or more.

Netflix did right by Voltron and trollhunters though. YJ S3 would be beautiful on there. It might have also been a guaranteed other season of work for Weisman, though we'll see what happens with the new streaming service.

We know they'll have Young Justice season 3 and the live action TITANS show.

If they have the entirety of the Bruce Timm animated universe, Teen Titans, a majority of the animated movies and the new CW and CW SEED show up a day after they've aired I'll subscribe. Maybe WB will get onboard with everything Looney Tunes.

setting up a successful streaming service (as opposed to a branded bloc operating as an annex of an extant service, even one with its own logins and accounts) would be what I'd want DC to do if I were Time Warner and thinking of selling them off

>but why

because Time Warner is huge, WB is kind of a sprawling mess, and sometimes you've just got to spin things off to survive

>implying if the movie ever happens the show doesn't get cancelled for singularity

At this point, it might run its course by the time that happens.

Hasn't DC given up on children?

I'd probably subscribe if they do full episodes of those DCNation Shorts 4-5 years ago, those were actually quite good.

TFW I expected New Teen Titans but got Teen Titans Go!

Getting short seasons (like Vixen's) of Sword of the Atom, Doom Patrol, Amethyst, Super BFF or Plastic Man would make me eternally happy. Hell, I want to see them relaunch the DC Showcase shorts.

Google what she looks like now. You won't want that.

Does this mean the shows won't have time constrainst for commercials?

I doubt that a little

>And with adults, everyone will watch a ripped version online or torrent it.

It's the same thing as Pandora or Spotify, or even Apple Music. YOU all might know people who pirate and don't pay for things, but plenty of people are. Do you think HBO is spending the millions they do on GoT just so people can pirate them? They make plenty of money on the legit availability of the series, including their pay cable, rebroadcast elsewhere and DVDs.

>DC has been dicked over by CN

AT&T is owned by some very conservative people from the South of the USA. One of the smaller Bells, bought some of the rest and ended up buying the AT&T name.

They aren't going to put up with BS such as one business unit of WB (e.g. CN) fucking over two other units of WB (DC/WB Animation)