How Rugrats Ended 2D Animation

>How Rugrats Ended 2D Animation

youtube.com/watch?v=ED0ySD51Z2U

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170627172741/http://stevraybro.tumblr.com/post/162087124543/ppp-79
pan-pizza.tumblr.com/post/162179723465
nme.com/news/film/toy-story-andy-dad-theory-2094577
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He hasn't been the same ever since he got a gf.

In a good way or a bad way?

I've lost some interest in him. The loser/desperate shtick was part of the enjoyment for me.

>17 minutes
I only watched the first minute, but I assume he's going with a "one of the rugrats movies got beat out by some CGI movie, so companies took it as a sign CGI moves were more profitable" argument.

No way pan got a gf. That's just literally not even physically possible, at best he could be dating someone trans but there's just no way

Did anyone watch that Podcast they did with Mike Mozart?
Apparently Izzy and Nolan hated recording it.
web.archive.org/web/20170627172741/http://stevraybro.tumblr.com/post/162087124543/ppp-79

Yeah i beat they didn't get to fucking talk. The guy talked the whole fucking time.

It's more 'Theatres got flooded with 2D movies after Rugrats were successful, and 3D seemed more interesting and theatrical in comparison'.
Don't forget that the original recording was 3 hours and it was cut down to 90 minutes.

I hated listening to it past half an hour. Fucking somehow worse than the Clarence writer episode, Mike Mozart needed to shut the fuck up. It's like the polar opposite of the problem they had with early guest episodes, where guest would never talk, there was no chance for a discussion to be had, or some interesting dynamics to be played, it was just Mike Mozart rattling on about his wall art and toy designs, and early youtube, and blah, and dah, and laddidy dah.

I'll just sum it all up.
>Rugrats was a successful show in the 90's
>Disney was a successful business in the 90's
>Rugrats gets a theatrical movie
>Was the only non-Disney film back then to get $100 million in box office with a short budget
>Cartoon theatrical movies based of television shows became a more popular idea
>Disney tried with Teacher's Pet and it failed (and he rambles a lot about it)
>He then changes the subject on how Disney was failing at 2D movies after Pixar introduced CGI
>The example he gives is Home of The Range
>Shows how Disney tried to compete with Shrek's success by making CGI movies that bombed horribly
>Brings up how Princess and The Frog bombed because of Avatar

I pretty much stopped watching there since it was all a cluttered mess.

Really, the Podcast went to shit after CH Greenblatt was a guest, you can't top him

Can I steal his bit and use it myself, then?

Feels kind of wrong to throw in dubbed anime movies like Pokemon, Yugioh, and Digimon into a discussion and listing of american cartoons getting made into movies.

Please do

Making the podcast guest-centric was the biggest mistake. Same thing happened to Season 2 Sleepy cast where they just kept trying to top the Jon-Tron episode if guests happen they happen they shouldn't be the central focus of the fucking cast.

He cleaned his fucking room

pan-pizza.tumblr.com/post/162179723465

I expected Pan's video to be absurd, but this was actually a very compelling argument.

Reminder that pan got a yeast infection from sleeping in his own cum.

The eps was good. Finally a real guest and not some perv from tumblr.

I often confuse Izzy and Nolan because they sound similar and both have no clue, but not in a likable way like Pan.

It makes sense but he should have make a summary.

>Rugrats started a trend of cheaper animation
>This worked a while but people got sick of it
>Disney made bad movies at the time
>Pixars & Dreamworks CGI movies got popular
>Disney: the audience thinks 2D is TV trash and CGI is the future. Let's do that

Pan wants 2D back because it's not the fault of the medium that so many movies bombed.

>izzy

not wanting to bring up off board discussions but I'm surprised he didn't mention that Hasbro is releasing a 2D movie in October

I liked it because it was not only a blast from the past but I also learned alot about the industry.

I don't think this will change the trend. It's another cheap TV animation money grab.

>Clean room
>Kissed a girl
>GF tease they might have sex soon
It's Pan becoming a normie?

I will forever be disgusting by his awful oc shit.

i still watch his videos but gave up on his lets play
sad pan is best pan
if i wanted to hear all about happy people i wouldn't be here

because Mike only talked about himself, not really letting other people get a word in. not even pan
the guy is pretty interesting, but a lot of it seemed like ego boosting. the pixar and street art stuff is cool, but he's even ego boasting about being the best toy reviewer

When did this happen?

Wait, what was wrong with the Clarence one? I thought that was pretty enjoyable/insightful.

If you think him FINALLY getting a GF changed him, can you imagine how much the break up will change him if/when it happens?

T-.. That can happen..

Hunchback wasn't a hit?

did he talk about the "incident" in the podcast?
i was watching it but felt asleep in the middle (i wasn't bored just tired)

His idea that Family Guy panders to 40+ people makes sense.

No, he's becoming what we wish we were.

comparably

>gf.
Redpile me on this plz

Nah. He briefly mentioned Skyler, but only mentioned how his voice for Clarence was different from Skyler's.

interesting

>Izzy trying to make Mike Mozart look like an asshole on Tumblr just because he was too assertive for them and gave Pan advice on how to be a better leader on his own podcast

She feeds his humiliation fetish if that helps

was this untitled fairy tale moana?

>moana
>2017

He had a Kim and Ron situation with OneEyedSheep for a few years and a few years later bippity boppity boop

Yeah that one was pretty bad. I couldn't finish it and I got through the diaper episode, and the monster trucks episode. When he started rambling about family guy I just couldn't take anymore and shut it off.

Yo when the fuck did Pan get a gf?

Somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks ago.

Until they have sex it won't really be a sign of the end of the world.

>Mary Poppins Returns

Honestly it's more than a little late to be making it.

Does anyone really want it?

DisJews.

he's no longer /ourguy/

And he's much better off that way for his own sake

To be fair, it did turn out that Mike Mozart was lying about some stuff.
nme.com/news/film/toy-story-andy-dad-theory-2094577

Izzy, all you ever do is talk about your fat tranny ass, you have no right to judge Mike Mozart. Especially when he's a million times more interesting than you and everyone else on the podcast. I mean really.

>To be fair, it did turn out that Mike Mozart was lying about some stuff.
That's not sure. Maybe someone did tell him that but Pixars public statement is :No.

>Pixars
I didn't realise Andrew Stanton ran Pixar.

Izzy should shut his whore mouth also rate me five stars.

It was pretty cluttered, but I just noticed something. Avatar was the movie that murdered 2D Disney animation for good, why didn't Pan talk more about it?

but that was wat almost made him a lol 7cow7 like I am! the manlet with the micropenis! do you even know about micropenis hating waifu killer of otaku shitman?

>Fucking somehow worse than the Clarence writer episode
What are you talking about? That was a great once once they started talking about the scrapped episodes.

>did he talk about the "incident" in the podcast?
Nope, but considering how long it's been, the nature of the situation, and the fact that the guy behind it has been long gone, there was no reason to go into it.

My Petit Horse is pretty much Sup Forums material, /mlp/ doesn't even talk about the show or the upcoming movie anyways.

I'm honestly surprised it's about to be July and we haven't seen a trailer for it outside of the teaser. If this keeps up I doubt we'll get to see it in October.

I think that guy is the real Mohammad

nah, we talk about the show and movie all the time whenever we're not greentexting about plot

back to your board

>My Petit Horse is pretty much Sup Forums material
Not anymore

It felt like Pan and Mozart were the only ones on the podcast, it's hard to have a conversation when one guy just keeps on talking non-stop. I remember Pan telling the guy that maybe he should save some of his story's for his own channel.

Someone please, PLEASE, post the video of Pan talking about getting rejected by the Girl wearing the Ruby Gloom t shirt.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums reaction image
How about no

>not a Misery shirt
>or even an Iris shirt

Not worth it. She was probably a 15-year-old who only knew the series from the merchandise.

i'm about 70-80% sure on this but i can't help but feel that was just him playing a character since alot of his patheticness just seems to over the top to be real

izzy & nolan come off as very toxic people who need pan more than he needs them (nolan especially) but i'm pretty sure that them pushing pan around is part of the bit of pan's character being a loser

We need Jim back. He is the voice of reason and he knows about shit.
Pan know less but is fun as a character.
Nolan & Izzy are just have "opinions" but aren't even very good as bullies for pan.

>alot of his patheticness just seems too over the top to be real
That's where you're wrong, kiddo