Regardless or your personal opinion on him...

Regardless or your personal opinion on him, how can you guys lie and say that Snyder is hated everywhere when even the directors "on the other team" admire him?

Other urls found in this thread:

heroichollywood.com/james-cameron-zack-snyder-inspiration/
screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jay-baruchel-review/
comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Ultimate Cut
Literally film DLC.

Yeah, fuck the Blade Runner final cut.

Watchmen is a great title sequence attached to an awful film.

The editing behind Blade Runner is an entirely different case of events. What a reach.

Derrickson praised the whole film though.

Both are film DLC though. Paying again for added content.

Watchmen and Batman v Superman are some of the best movies in the genre and one day people will consider them cult classics. A lot already do.

It was mixed. I liked Dan better in the movie than the book, he actually cared for Rorschach's death instead of immediately boning specter in someone else's home, also his costume looked less dorky. Vedit was terrible though and comedian never had the transition of going from being a smarmy asshole to being a rugged asshole. The ending was crap too.

>Liking them turning Dan into discount Batman

Oh, look, its that same Snydercuck again.

Reposting the same shitty bait thread about Snyder!

Dan's non reaction to Ror's death in the book was complete trash.

I really like the Watchmen adaption and both Snyder's DC movies. I think he's a great pop artist.

A lot of people shittalked High Noon when it came out for "not getting Westerns right" and being "pretentious." Working in genre film and daring to shoot for something higher is a risky business but I think he'll be vindicated one day.

Dan didn't know what became of Rorschach in the book, he likely figures he just went back into hiding same as in the beginning.
Zack probably only even put that in because he took a shine to Walter's plight and didn't want him to die cold and alone, not recognizing that's the entire point of his character. From birth to death he existed in a world he cannot truly live in, his death is just as unceremonious, his will however lives on.

>not recognizing that's the entire point of his character.
everytime
go away Moore

Not really a good comparison because it only holds up to theater experience.

Home Release it's apropos to buying a pricer version of a game for in-game extras or a retailer exclusive type thing. You know exactly what you're getting.

If they made special features downloadable for extra cost that would be more like DLC.

>
>Not recognizing that's the entire point of his character. From birth to death he existed in a world he cannot truly live in, his death is just as unceremonious, his will however lives on.

Why do manchildren don't understand that a different media needs to do stuff in a different way and that, it's like. Complaints about the action in the movie, everything matters, comics are not storyboards for movies and Zack Snyder respected that in this particular movie, what works is 1:1 what needs to be changed is changed.

The ozy actor is the only truly bad thing in the movie, anyway the movie gets better and better as capeshit grows up, it was truly a movie ahead of its time.

>none of the same text
>not even the same photo

you fucking retard

oh look its the same mouskateer again, unable to actually comprehend reality.

pot calling the kettle black

same here bro, I think you're right

James Cameron praises him too: heroichollywood.com/james-cameron-zack-snyder-inspiration/

>Why do manchildren don't understand that a different media needs to do stuff in a different way
Snyder touts himself as adapting TDK and Watchmen faithfully, though he focuses primarily on the surface aspects of the story.
Rorschach existed as a deconstruction of the objectivist Ditko superheroes. His inability to cope with a gray scenario like the Squid, and his refusal to accept it, is a natural conclusion to his character. A "manchild" would be angry if they didn't put his favorite character in the movie, or some other trivial reason. Moore's deconstruction is an integral part of Watchmen, and Snyder missing that is a big part of why people don't like the movie compared to the book.
To Snyder, Rorschach is just an edgy anti-hero who goes across a line people won't cross. He might not even be very familiar with Ditko or his philosophy. And so in stripping those elements from Rorschach, intentionally or not, he removes part of what made Watchmen work.
Similarly, the Squid. It's going to spark an argument, but Snyder turning the squid into a bomb neglects that visually and thematically, the Squid WAS an important part of the finale. It's a classic Silver Age plot device brought into the real world, not just Adrian's solution. It shouldn't be turned into a bomb just because it's "cooler".
>and that, it's like.
Did you forget some words? I don't understand what you meant by this.

Pot calling the pot calling the kettle black.

Actor Jay Baruchel also fucking loves Snyder and BvS: screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jay-baruchel-review/

“THANK YOU! This is what I said, even when I saw the theatrical one and didn’t love it. In its weakest moment, it has more choice, style and commitment to it than the best moment in CIVIL WAR. CIVIL WAR, I can’t tell you what it’s about or who made it. You watch BATMAN V SUPERMAN you know exactly what it’s about and he fucking committed to a choice and DC always does that… I think history’s going to regard [BATMAN V SUPERMAN] as the world’s most expensive indie film.”

I bet that sounded a lot better in your head.

Heck, even comic writers like Jurgens praise him: comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/

Anyone that thinks Superman a franchise for kids and teenagers for 80 years should get a dark complex movie is autistic beyound measure.

>Snyder touts himself as adapting TDK and Watchmen faithfully, though he focuses primarily on the surface aspects of the story.

Link? Where does he ever say he is doing an adaptation of The Dark Knight (inb4 he says something like "we took elements from...")

>, but Snyder turning the squid into a bomb neglects that visually and thematically, the Squid WAS an important part of the finale. It's a classic Silver Age plot device brought into the real world, not just Adrian's solution. It shouldn't be turned into a bomb just because it's "cooler".

But it wasnt turned into a bomb, it was turned into Doctor Manhattan. Which works better in the movie medium, because that kind of "twist" ending is to movie tropes what the squid is to silver age tropes (also the Squid being a silver age trope IS the most surface level reading of it, if you were really as smart as you think you are, you would see how the squid represents an actual comic book). We, the audience, see the big Watchmen twist as "adrian was really evil the entire time!" but the civilians/world of Watchmen sees the "twist" as "Manhattan was really evil the entire time!" Which, like I said,is much more in line with action movie tropes..

Snyder's one change to Rorshach's death doesnt invalidate the deconstruction at all. You are too hung up on one little thing. In fact Snyder does a good job of infusing the deconstructionist elements into the language of film.

I like you mate. Great post.

>doesnt even get the actual plot of the movie right
>great post!!!

jesus christ, you idiots just feed each other

You are absolutely, seriously retarded and likely have read a grand total of around 3 comics if you think Superman has never starred in a complex or dark story.

Back to Sup Forums with you.

This has to be the most casual post I've ever seen. Superman, and in fact most superheroes, were intended to all ages until the Silver Age, which was when they were aimed at kids. His first story ever is him scaring mobsters by destroying their car and then breaking into a corrupt politician's house and threatening him.

How is getting the facts right Sup Forums? Is this some kind of retarded meme where Sup Forums means you just ignore actual facts about the things you talk about?

WOW! WHAT A BABY YOU ARE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's easily my favorite cape movie. I don't give a fuck about movies for the most part, though, and I am not a fan of Alan Moore.

>superman had some dark stories once though near a century...
>lets make the whole movie dark!!
Seriously retard, HE'S FUCKING SUPERMAN, HE WAS CREATED FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS. Do you think adults are interested in superman?No, they're not, you like superman because you're a fucking nerd, Superman main public are the teenagers, a movie for adults with "complex" overused messages is not for them.

That's why MCU is kicking DCEU ass, they at very least remeber their main public before making a product

>Why do manchildren don't understand that a different media needs to do stuff in a different way

Why do pretentious faggots (who have terrible grammar) not understand that this is a bullshit excuse?

The only reason things are changed in movies are to be more palatable. Not because it's objectively better in any way.

Because both the MCU and DCEU have horrible tastes and don't actually read or appreciate comics.

I f-cking love nerds bending over backwards to google their second hand opinions about why Watchmen somehow "wasn't" a great film and a tremendous adaptation

"b-b-but the /whole point/ of Rorschach is that nobody sees him die... bc that's the one change that was made and I'm 12 years old and want to gatekeep a 30 y.o. comic I never understood"

Astounding

his most famous stories are "dark" by your shitty standards.

> HE WAS CREATED FOR KIDS AND TEENAGERS

But he literally wasnt. He was made for adults.

>Do you think adults are interested in superman

Well of course they are. You are the problem with Sup Forums and creative industrie as a whole. Your limited thinking is toxic.

>That's why MCU is kicking DCEU ass

In what way? Monetarily they sure arent. First 4 movies of the DCEU made more money than the first 4 movies of the MCU. MoS made more than Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2.

So don't read comics? Good to know my dude.
>That's why MCU is kicking DCEU ass, they at very least remeber their main public before making a product
Captain America has gotten the darkest and most complex movie in the MCU. Batman is the biggest superhero in the world, and kids love him, and the last decade of his stories have been dark and complex.
You're an idiot if you think that darkness and complexity are inherently bad for a character. It all depends on execution, which the DCEU hasn't landed (though they still have made $3 billion in four movies).

>he doesnt think you need to a change a story for different mediums

You're right, thats why so many movies get 1:1 translations to videogames.....

You can look at the number of IPs and see that snydercuck is again samefaging like mad.

>which the DCEU hasn't landed

I disagree.

>average 4 posts per an IP
>somehow this means samefagging

????? are you the same idiot that posted this retardation?

>f-cking

I don't think it's a controversial statement to say the BvS TC or SS had severe issues in execution, even if you enjoy the DCEU overall.

I can't even imagine being deluded enough to say, simultaneously, that the movie is a good adaptation and that they understood the comic.

No, Rorschach is not the straw that breaks the camels back. But its a pretty significant change.

I bet you and this faggot just hate fighting about the lack of vaginamonster.

what is your post even trying to imply? 4 posts and 3 ips from another thread means...?

this guy is either a DC fanboy or wants to do a movie for them
he was also bitching about people putting too much faith on RT scores

SS I agree with, and BvS theatrical I can see. But the ultimate of edition of BvS, MoS, and WW are absolute fine editing/execution wise

Nigga, the thread is up for hours with only 9 IPs, and suddenly in 15 minutes it goes to 40 posts.

The samefag is obvious. This for example. Go back to Sup Forums with your cancer.

Newfags don't understand that samefagging isn't just posting in the same thread more than once. So when they see the IP count remain the just immediately REE and try to use that as some kind of indicator that they're right.

>cant actually post any other reasons
>hurr durr fuck you fags

XD

Are you retarded? Of course those are the same guy, I dont think he was even pretending NOT to be the same guy. Are you fucking new? Thats like calling out a storytimer as being a "samefag."

I fucking hate all the cancer that has been creeping up recently. I blame the movies as a whole.

>calling your own directors shills for the otherside

wow

Thats probably the best explanation on that I've ever seen. Well put user.

Roasted and Toasted

Disagreed with MoS/BvS. MoS in particular, you can tell that the ending was rushed in the way that it just cuts from Zod's death to Swanwick in the desert. BvS misfired with Luthor's tone and Doomsday. I don't mind how Luthor is written in the UC, but Eisenberg doesn't give a threatening or imposing presence. Doomsday's entire final sequence is just an eyesore and would have been significantly superior if they kept his comic design.
Still, the point remains that it's ludicrous to say these issues popped up simply because the story was dark.

Everytime I see Snyder threads on Sup Forums, I have flashes of American Psycho, with one user drunk, sitting on a chair, shit talking Snyder, and another user explaining why they're wrong.

thank you, user. Even an autist like me can have moments of clarity (albeit brief).

>he actually cared for Rorschach's death instead of immediately boning specter in someone else's home
Yeah, the movie's not perfect, but that was probably my biggest nitpick about the original story. Dan was Rorschach's only friend, and he didn't react to his death at all.

At least in the movie he was actually emotionally effected by it, and he reacted with genuine anger when they had to let Veidt get away with committing mass murder.

My dude, Walter is the child of the abusive parent(s) you don't call child services for because their shit is not your problem, he's the bullied kid you think needs to just toughen up, he's witness to a rape or kidnapping crime you tell to stop being so oversensitive because you're just tired of hearing their whining, he's the homeless man you think needs to just get a job and fit in, he's the prisoner you think doesn't deserve help, a reduced sentence or even basic rights while imprisoned because so long as the problems stay out of the way of society that solves the problems of society.

Mind when I list all these things I'm not trying to say he's justified in what he thinks and does, I'm not appealing to emotion to sympathize with him, I'm just pointing out he's the sort of character he is for a reason. A reflection of the flaws of the world.

He's all the things we choose to ignore every day, an end where his life struggle and death are suddenly witnessed and mourned by a loved one is even more of a fantasy than the blue god man that killed him.

It's the sort of thing you put in your sad story so the reality brightens up. But the reality remains whether or not you know or like them some people die alone, scared and cold.

I disagree with most of your complaints, and I dont think rushing the final epilogue scene of MoS really is enough to ruin the entire presentation of the movie.

And I dont think Eisenberg is meant to really feel particularly threatening until the rooftop scene (which I think he pulls off perfectly). To reflect how neither Superman nor Batman think of him as a threat until that moment.

But you are free to your opinion.

I actually like Snyder's movies for the most part, but I didn't like BvS.

It's mostly because of the studio interference and constraints of doing a franchise movie though. The bad editing, weird cameos/setups for future installments and cramming so many plots into one movie is what ultimately killed it for me. I liked the ideas/themes, visuals were great and the action was fun too. It's a shame it was bogged down by the need to build a ~cinematic universe~. MoS was much better because it didn't have to do so many things at once, being a standalone origin story allowed Snyder to do what he wanted.

try the ultimate cut, it flows much better and even integrates the forced cameos into Bruce's psychosis.

>Yeah, the movie's not perfect, but that was probably my biggest nitpick about the original story. Dan was Rorschach's only friend, and he didn't react to his death at all.
Did you people read it?!

Dan doesn't know what happened to Rorschach. He doesn't see and then walk off to have sex.
Laurie in her typical drama queen fashion starts sobbing and calling for someone to comfort her and he's occupied with her because everyone else walks off and she literally demands sex on the spot.

Then he's passed out by the time Manhattan returns and Manhattan leaves without explaining anything to anyone.

There was heavy snow outside, if Dan woke up he likely couldn't even see the blood stain just the broken transport.

I'll have to watch it some day, but even with better editing I still think it was a mistake to do so many things at once. It's ambitious sure, but I'm of the opinion that WB should've given Snyder a MoS 2 and then have him make BvS and JL. Introducing Batman and WW, teasing the JL and Darkseid, death of Superman, doing damage control for the people that didn't like MoS etc., that's just asking for a mess.

I love BvS but no it doesn't. They're still very much mp4s just as extremely ut of place as the behind the scenes video the spic lady gives Logan in movie (which turned out to be the dumpster fire everyone claimed BvS was).

>I love BvS but no it doesn't.
>I love the movie but it is shit

You can stop pretending now marvelcuck. Why mouses has to resort to this kind of tactic?

Can you stop telling me what I'm saying, particularly if you can't read. I quite clearly stated Logan was the dumpster fire that everyone told me BvS was.

BvS was incredible. I literally cry when the s-curl drops.

But those JL mp4s are indefensible. The difference is the rest of it was a comic book movie which I loved where as Logan decided to stop the adaptation at "a guy who heals and has claws".

Snyder is an oddity the same way Adam Sandler is. He made two decent films and because of this is now considered a legitimate star despite time and time again he's more often then not shown not knowing what he's doing.

Why does Snyder have a fanbase but Shyamalan is mocked as hack? At least Shymalan made 3 good films.

>its an ahead of its time masterpiece
>literally just an adaptation of the entire plot except for some minor changes
ok

At the very least I can say that with MoS and BvS, Snyder was going for an original story.

It's not, you're being retarded.

>Why does Snyder have a fanbase but Shyamalan is mocked as hack?
Likely because outside of ATLA he doesn't dip his finger into popular properties so that's strike one as to his name not floating on the tongue often.
Second would be because he doesn't go for controversial approach, intentionally anyway people picked apart Avatar for some sketch casting but there's little accuracy can help when it comes to child actors, so he doesn't get brought up as much through controversy.

You either like his stuff like Sixth Sense, Signs, Unbreakable and The Village because they are generally received well by everyone but that's all there is to say about it, or you don't because they weren't great or rubbed someone the wrong way like After Earth, Split and Avatar.

With Zack there's a constant tug of war Sup Forums indulges that gives fuel to the mere mention of him.

You know it's funny, I heard somewhere that he only even picked ATLA because his daughter likes it or something. I'm almost unsure if TLOK would have given him better working conditions, or you know just not bothering with that series.

Infamous eloquence of BvS apologists.

>Drinking the Synder cider
Suckerpunch was one of the worst movies I have ever seen and he has yet to direct a critically acclaimed superhero movie
Man of Steel, Suicide Squad, and BvS may have made a lot of money, but not because Zack Synder was directing. Because superhero movies with heroes as big as Batman and Superman make a lot of money no matter who the director is.

Why do people keep falling for this meme director? When Synder has full creative control movies like Suckerpunch happen, he's a fucking music video director

I aint saying they are good or anything, but the Ultimate Cut DOES make it part of Bruce's psychosis by having him write the letter to WW "Where have you been?" right before going to fight Superman. Adding to his abandonment and giving WW another reason to join the fight.
They shouldnt have been there, but at least the UC does make them slightly better.

Snyder didnt direct Squad you idiot.

But that's the thing, I prefer the movie's idea that Dan would try to go after him, and that they have a different response to the end than abruptly deciding that they should have sex in response to covering up the truth behind mass genocide.

Ah right, it was bad enough were I make that mistake sometimes

I wish Snyder would do Kingdom Come, the comic is so much better than Watchman, the movie would be spectacular.

>were

If that's the case, Kingdom of Heaven is the Mass Effect 3 of film.

kek

>there are people that didn't like watchmen because it didn't have the squid despite being one of the most faithful adaptations of a comic ever
>there are people that didn't like it because it didn't have the same style of the comic because it can't be replicated for cinema even though it's still a well done movie

I understand why casuals don't like it since it's slow and weird at parts but if all comics got this much love and attention when being made into a movie we wouldn't be stuck with Iron Man ripoffs being passed as new movies. A lot of anons need to stop holding the comic in such high regard and appreciate the movie for what it did.

Dude they're still mp4s on a computer.

I am beginning to suspect that you have to be literally autistic to notice all this shit that Snyder supposedly puts in his movies. Is this why casuals hate them, yet Sup Forums loves them? Because Sup Forums is full of people on the spectrum? Am I just too much of a normie? Because when I watch nearly all of Snyder's movies all I seem to get is an unfulfilled and incomplete story.

you're probably a normie.

For instance, I bet you don't understand the significance of the bat-ass in the shower.

and im not even talking about the mp4s, im talking about an email bruce sends to diana so shove it up your ass

>people who pay attention to movies are autistic!!

jesus christ dude get over yourself

The change from the squid to the machine was good anyway. The squid was fucking dumb and the only people who wish the movie had it just to be TRUTHFUL TO THE COMEEC are fucking autists.

Different mediums need different content and different ways to approach it. How hard is to understand that?

1. Changing the theme of the story from "Regular people with messed up lives dress up as superheroes" to "Moody wire-fu Justice League betrayed by one of their own" makes the film pointless. It stops being a genre deconstruction and turns into "What if the JL were a bunch of fucked-up assholes".

2. Ozymandias is so obviously the film's villain, from the very first moment we meet him, that the "murder mystery" is rendered moot.

3. Whether you like the Squid or the Bomb, there's no way blaming America's Science Monster will get the rest of the world to join hands with the country who created the Science Monster to begin with and used it to scare everyone into behaving.

What?

Sup Forumsisn't normal people, normal people either liked BvS or just don't care about it since it was slightly confusing and not pleb friendly. Casual fans didn't, those are the ones that post on twitter, autistic hard-core fans are divided.

Internet isn't the real world. Manchildren from Sup Forums are not normal and autistic people from Sup Forums are not normal either. But normies don't claim not muh superman, they ask why there's so few superman escenes and where is Robin.