Tfw no more comfy buddy cop movies

>tfw no more comfy buddy cop movies
how do we go back, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g&t
youtube.com/watch?v=H5H6YiDQXvo
youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2 was literally the worst in the series.

4 > 1 > 3 > 2

>comfy yet sad saxophone music whilst watching the sunset as you cruise through downtown L.A. in a convertible during the 80's

will we ever get a neo-80's era ?

>comfy
>neo-80's
Go and drink everything under your sink

HEY RIIIIIIGGGGGGSSSSSSSS

We crowdfund the SHIT out of S. Craig Zahler

This is the worst opinion I have read all day user. Congrats.

4 was the jet li one right ? i liked it but there was too much goofiness in it for me plus riggs not being a nutcase anymore or on the edge unlike the other films

I watched the first one a few days ago and had a dream that my black friend from middle school bought me a Beretta 92fs. It was sweet.

For whatever reason, the 70s and 80s had an abundance of actors who could play the "tough world-weary cop" role convincingly. Now, I think, that is not so much the case.

take me back please

youtube.com/watch?v=9LD3NKlS55g&t

>Mel was 31 when he did the first Lethal Weapon

we need more men that actually look like men and not frail weaklings or juicing metrosexuals

It's a bit too goofy but the closest we got.

the 1st one had a good story and was more dark and serious than the rest, CIA heroin smuggling, suicides, kidnapping etc plus Riggs mental state, his depression and bond with roger i felt was more real than the other films. Probably my fave of the films and that light skinned daughter in her nightgown hnnnnghhhh

what's Arnie thinking there?

i liked how emotional some scenes could be such as the one where there's a bomb on the toilet and rog doesn't even need to tell riggs how much he loves him in case they dont make it and riggs just knows

That he's married a creative genius who can come up with all those lies on the spot and be perfectly convincing.

CAH LI FOURNIA

I just saw 48 Hours for the first time a couple days ago.

That movie is fucking GREAT.

>tfw you will never have a qt light skinned teen play footsie with you

Only the directors cut was really that dark. Sure, the theatrical version also was darker than the 3 sequels but not that much.

>tfw you will never again have a buddy cop film that has a flawed and aware secondary character

who was that afrikkaner chick with the pepperoni nipples ?

i hate how they linked that the south african gang were responsible for killing riggs wife years before

from dusk till dawn would be a good anti buddy cop film if it was just the first half. make it like a kane and lynch film

Why do we never have any saxophone OSTs in film ?

This is a mystery to me.

This one is really underrated, as far as comedy ones.

more like what the fuck happened to movie osts these days

youtube.com/watch?v=H5H6YiDQXvo

tango and cash is a good one

Because sax was really big in the 80s (and still in the early 90s with Kenny G type stuff) and was thereafter seen as really cheesy. The 90s were really reacting against a lot of 80s-ness and sax probably epitomized a lot of the cheesier, awkward aspects.

At this point sax, even really cheesy / sleazy / raunchy sax, can sound really great, but it's still taking a while to not be kind of a joke.

A saxophone soundtrack would just remind me of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

I mean, I LOVE that song, but it definitely very specifically evokes peak, coked-up mid 80s.

What about this one?

is this any good i am hearing mixed reviews

The problem with sax is that after the jazz era, it takes a lot of taste and temperance to not be really douchey with sax. It attracts a lot of douchey people, the types who think "I'll be the cool saxophone guy"... they're the type of cheesy guy who wants to come forward in a really bad kind of song, with sun glasses on, and start wailing in this really sexual way. It's even cheesier than guitar, as a mating strategy.

And I mean, when music was at peak-cocaine, and smoothness, saxophone - and doing cheesy sleazy sax with sunglasses on to turn on the sexy ladies suited the music and the moment, but cheesy smooth music was an art in that moment. At this point it'll take a while to find a tasteful way to bring sax's lewd sound back into music without being totally cringey.

yeah but would be better if it was a tv show like the wire

WTF DID YOU JUST SAY? DONT MAKE ME REVOKE YOUR SHITPOSTING RIGHTS !

Wtf a minority as co protagonist? I thought 2017 was the year of diversity???

Isn't this what Bright was? it even had a secret anti-jewish message, befitting a Mel Gibson film, even if he wasn;t in it

definitely sounds written for television