Generations: The Phoenix First look

looks nice, thanks for postng.

Was Hopeless replaced or was it always Bunn?

I swear it was Hopeless when it was announced

>swimsuit issue
bought

Why do both Jeans have no ass?

>White woman
>Having an ass
Pick one

I know Marvel ignores the "Jean was in a cocoon, she wasn't Phoenix" thing, but have any of the post-Bendis writers ever officially acknowledged it?

I feel like young Jean has done this exact same scene 5 times now

if they're the same person and roughly the same age, why is Teen Jean drawn unattractive while Jean Classico is always drawn hot?

I can't distinguish it, is the penciling digital? My gut says no.

it's looks like it was traced from a computer using a lightbox.

Have you never heard of PAWG?

Weren't the X-men a little more grown up when the Phoenix things happened? Like, in their mid 20s at least?

God why the fuck even colour comics 9 times outta 10 it just ruins the ink job.

>Bunn
Holy shit. Maybe this won't be quite as terrible then.

Maybe Bunn will actually go and straigthen that shit out again/establish a proper retcon. This would be the one thing this one-shot could actually be useful for.
And Bunn is a continuity geek. So it's not like he's not aware. That might be interesting.

Jean was 24 when she died in 1980 and became 4 years earlier in 1976, this was before the sliding timescale hit the X-Men since they were meant to grow old and retire before someone in editorial saw dollar signs.

To that end, Teen Jean has been in 616 for at least 3 years because of the two time jumps before and after Secret Wars making something between 19-20

Naw the time jumps were only 8 months on each end

And with the sliding timescale those 16 months have been compressed to basically nothing for teen characters.
The X-students are all still trapped in high school. Molly Hayes is still 12. Time doesn't pass unless the writers want it to

Why do books I have no interest in get the good artists?

And the ones you like get the shit artists.

It's because editor favorites, event comic books, and comics that Marvel wants to push will always have pretty art.

Also in the case of Bendis he gets first dibs on artists and always get who he wants.

the hat is cute

This art looks nice. I am kind of interested in seeing what is happening with these pages but I have no idea what is happening. Did Teen Jean time travel or revisit memories in someone's head to meet the Jean of that time before she died? Is mystery bikini girl a different Phoenix host with attachment to Jean? Is this an ongoing or a oneshot?

I also would like a print of the cover to hang on a wall.

art looks good. will check out

this

Kinda pissed MvC has her saying DARK PHOENIX RISES instead of I AM FIRE AND LIFE INCARNATE