Good but casuals won't like it because it doesn't have "muh rogues gallery!"

So he wants to make Batman.

This is sadly novel.

base it off City of Crime or Dark Knight, Dark City

>all these questions about Batman when he's trying to promote Apes
Dropping out by July 13th

screencap this

Fuck it, got nothing better going on.

I hope this convinces any guy with money to do a The Question movie or series in lieu of another Gotham TV cluster fuck.

>"Noir Driven, Detective Version"

Sounds like pretentious shit

Why not? It might not have the super powered rogues like Poison Ivy or Mr.Freeze, but most of Batman's rogues are just guys with some form of dis-figuration much like Dick Tracy. The Joker, Two-Face and The Penguin all fit perfectly within the comic book noir setting.

DC in a nutshell

Isn't that just the Nolan movies?
Not to mention it's too late. This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.
Having said that if they decide to retcon the shit out of it, maybe, just maybe, we could do Long Halloween again. I'd have liked to have seen Riddler but we essentially got that already.

So, Batman?
The noir driven, detective part, not the pretentious.
Well, Batman's kinda pretentious too, but it's a cape-comic, so it's fine.

We've beaten the grimdark Batman into the ground at this point. The fact that Affleck isn't playing him like that is the only positive thing I'll say about him.

We've had campy Batman. We've had edgy psycho Batman. I guess if you went full retro with it then you could make a quasi-unique interpretation on film but detective shit is usually boring as fuck because its full of (literally) 100 year-old tropes that are so far past cliche that its conceivable someone could mistake them as novel.

We'll see. It's obviously well past time for them to let the franchise cool for a while but it's not like anyone in Hollywood would ever do such a thing to a blockbuster property that might still have legs on it in terms of box office revenue.

Based Reeves

rrrnnngh detect'a bertMERN!!!

if he were based he wouldn't have joined the titanic of cinematic universes

Thing about the Nolan movies is that while quite a bit was hidden, quite a lot had to be shown too so we knew what Ra's, Scarecrow, Joker and Bane were up to.

I imagine, and this is just purely my imagination speculating, if someone were doing a proper detective movie you wouldn't show the viewer the answers beforehand, there'd be a case overview sure enough to give a general idea of what's suspected so we wouldn't be left totally in the dark, but the viewer would have to piece together the truth of what happened and is about to happen for themselves.

If that doesn't explain it then just think of an episode of the Mentalist except with even more unchecked vigilantism and gadgets.

>Noir Driven, Detective Version of Batman
Oh baby

I really hope WB have learnt their lesson and won't try to meddle so much.

>Batman
>Detective
"Let me batgoogle it on my batcomputer!"
"Ah, of course, the Joker was the killer!"

So the shadow.

Anyway you look at it, it'll be disappointing if it isn't an Arkham series adaptation.

he's seen our threads, Sup Forums. Good. I've personally been demanding noir bats since nolan fucked off.

Now if only they could period piece this shit during the height of the Commission era mob we'd be in business.

People want something like Arkham Asylum with a ton of crazy super powered villains like Ivy, Freeze, etc.

A mystery noir movie doesn't fall in line with that idea.

Between this and comparing Batman to fucking CAESAR it's clear if he doesn't drop out it's gonna be another trademark DC mess

That game was 50% detective mode though. I creepy atmospheric digital museum of Batman villains is too good not to adapt.

I really want a Raid style real-time movie of Batman tearing through Arkham after everyone escapes their cells. It will never happen and quite possibly wouldn't even work but a man can dream.

Well, Nolan's Batman didn't really do any detective work. He relied heavily on Alfred and the computer for that.

There were points even where Baleman made some pretty fucking dumb decisions that could have been easily avoided by doing some detective work (or a better script)

Let the guy be,hope Wb don't try to push batman on roids punching people on him.

You Nolan fans are such insufferable faggots. They didn't do The Long Halloween they barely adapted it. Dent, Gordon and Bats working together was where the similarities ended.

Not going to work because Geoff "I hate Batman more than Adolf Hitler" Johns and Ben "Muh Alcohol" Affleck already made Deathstroke the main villain of the new shitty Batman film.

Noir doesn't work with the shitty script Johns made with Deathstroke.

It doesn't help that WB is run by retards and want to sabotage the Batman movie to push Deathstroke.

It's going to be a bigger mess than Batman and Robin.

Screencap this.

>Already made Deathstroke the main villain of the new shitty Batman film.

Because the faggot did a screen test? That shit hit the garbage bin when bin afleqi's movie flopped. Why do you think they're using a Johns script?

SeeThey are using the Batman movie to shill Deathstroke
It will be more Arkham Origins. Lots of Drathstroke and Joker. Because people just loved Arkham Origins.

Well I did. But only for the Joker/Bat/Harley relationship sequence that can't be done in this stupid time jumpass juggalo universe.

Because they still want to shill Deathstroke so they can shill his spin-off movie. WB doesn't care about quality, just quantity. It's why they are pushing for Harley in the Sirens movie. They want Deathstroke in Batman's so they can set him up in his own spin-off. Except it won't happen because when the Batman movie is shit, the Deathstroke movie will be shitcanned. And Batman reputations will be ruined further. All because they care more about Shilling Deathstroke instead of making a good Batman movie first.

SeeAll of that was before the script was thrown out (pretty sure we even found out they had no script) and before JL even finished filming. That script/movie isn't being made. Reeves wasn't even a name (in regards to the movie) at that point.

We're not talking about the Universal Monster universe user.

And WB still wants the Deathsroke in the movie to set-up his movie. And Johns is a Yesman and hates Batman and likes Deathsroke.

They will chase Reeves away (AGAIN).

you mean Batman might actually do real detective work rather than just punch stuff?

No. See He's going to punch Deathstroke.

Because Johns and Affleck are hacks.

And WB wants to push Slade.

Reeves threw out the the script when he was hired. He said a couple a weeks ago he's starting from the beginning.

Screencap my posts, user.

And when the movie comes out, you will see how wrong you are........

Literally nobody gives a fuck about deathstroke. Why would they want to push him?

And Why do you think they do? Rumor was Affleqi leaked the test footage so people would get hype on Slade and the studio would use his script which had him in it. Affleqi's movie bombing, after BvS and SS were panned, lead to him dropping out as director and that script (which had reportedly not even been written) was forgotten.

Dude yes

Ohhhhh now I see what this is. Marvel shills are starting rumors because they don't like the MJ talk around here. So now it's make bullshit up time.

For spin-offs, user.

They need to shill Slade in Batman so he can get his own movie!!! Even if it fucking kills the Batman movie and damages his rep.

WB is it run by smart people. And Johns doesn't care because he hates Batman.

At least they still have Wonder Woman....

I hate Black MJ. But Marvel Studios can do whatever they want because they've earned it.

WB/Johns is going to destroy the Batman movie with Deathsroke.

Dude no
See

The Shadow movie could have used a lot more of these elements itself.
And the character is more of a spy and executioner than a detective.

Why don't they literally just adapt Hush?

>focus on detective work and cool tactical action
>features every major Batman villain
>tie-in the Jason Todd death foreshadowed in BvS
>Matt Damon as Hush

There's no reason you can't have an interesting detective story and Deathstroke.

Deathsroke does not work as a Batman villain and is a horrible choice for a first villain.

No release date yet?

Because WB is dumb and Johns has never read a Batman book in his life.

Hush would be great for normies. Almost anything would be better than Deathsroke or Red Hood.

Yes, please

Gee... who ever would have thought Batman would be similar to the shadow...

fucking hell Sup Forums is a fucking embarrassment.

But he's not the first villain. This is an older Batman who's dealt with a huge selection of villain in the past.

>The Nolan Movies
> detective work
Hahahahahahahah

The Arkham series is the best adaptation of an entire canon condensed into 4 small units. Fuck you.

because even normies have wised up to the fact that hush is irredeemable garbage.

Like Wonder Woman

Oh wait...

For Batman's first standalone movie in the DCEU, Deathsroke is a shitty choice for a first villain and he offers no good stories.

There are hundreds of stories you could do with other villains like the Riddler, Ckayface, Mr Freeze, or Penguin.

Instead they go with shilling Deathsroke.

Wonder Woman didn't have Deathsroke.

The art was nice and it was amazing if you compare it to the usual Jim Lee.

Christ go back to fucking BTAS

>Matt Damon
>Playing anyone other than Guy Gardner

and? Why does that mean it would work as an even more condensed 2 hour movie with no interaction at all?

Stupid fucking comments rampant on Sup Forums today

>older Batman
>Joker, Harley, and other B-man villains already DCEU established
>Bane, Catwoman, Scarecrow all widely known to audiences from the recent trilogy
>aside from Wonder Woman, WB needs focus specifically on the best part of BvS

They would be stupid not to.

They should have borrowed more from BTAS then using Deathsroke.

detective batman is essentially just batman sitting in front of the bat computer and brooding
Noir Batman in the style of sin city sounds interesting though

Noir detective can work. More getting clues from crime scenes and questioning criminals, than hacking into systems.

No.
Because Johns literally give him a bunch of deathstroke comics and only one batman comic.

Batman Earth one.

That's how Johns is, that's all what the actor playing deathstroke needs to learn about batman according to Johns, his own interpretation of the character. He will be the consultant. Anyway Johns script was rejected and was one of the reasons the movie is coming late.

>>aside from Wonder Woman, WB needs focus specifically on the best part of BvS

Also I get the other points but those don't make an Arkham series adaptation necessary. It's literally the status quo they have in the comics now.

The reason the arkham games seem like they have a good story is your sinking time in and participating. Widdling those plots to the 2 hour basics exposes them for how simple and dumb they are. I mean think. Most of the game is beating up mooks in different spaces and with different parameters.

That gets very repetitive on screen. Any more than a few fight scenes and unless they're splurging on multiple choreographers and cinematographers (they aren't for more reasons than money) the fights end up looking visually similar and indistinguishable. Its why Black Widow does the thighs around the neck spin takedown every time (and Cap movies have had some decent fight work)

For a movie you need a very self contained story. This a problem with recent CBMS because of their "world building" which doesn't build characters or worlds sufficiently. While I shat on Hush above, it can be wittled down better than a 20 hour video game, almost 100 hour series, to a very self-contained DCEU friendly story. And it would be easy to make it a character piece for bruce and thomas alike.

read other responses before this. Johns has no confirmed place in the creation of batman and Reeves through that garbage never-written script in the trash.

I literally don't give a fuck what Johns sent to Raimi's Flash.

>detective batman is essentially just batman sitting in front of the bat computer and brooding
You don't read much batman that came out before Scott Snyder do you?

This is the reading material Johns gave to the desthstroke actor.

Notice the only batman story he gave to him. Truly an expert on batman, he will be the consultant, forget about the. Martial artist batman that we saw in Bvs, batman will be a shitty detective just like in any other movie but also will be a shitty fighter and not a genius at all, just like Johns likes it.

F I N A L L Y

faggot. read .

They adapted it as closely as Snyder adapted anything Superman related, so we're gonna have to assume that's what we'll get\

>Riddler
A lot of people still perceive Riddler as a joke
And besides, why would you want Riddler in this ultra grimdark crap if you know they are going to just make him a discount Joker ?
>Clayface
Too obscure for normies.
I would love a Clayface movie that involved Batman looking for a Thing-esque monster disguising himself as ordinary people but that's not happening
>Mr.Freeze
I can't think of any reason they shouldn't use him apart from the possibility that they would do something stupid like adapt his retconned New 52 backstory.
>Penguin
Similar status to Riddler. WB is probably afraid of including a villain who doesn't pose a physical threat to Batgod.
And I sure hope he's not played by fucking Josh Gad.

I think all of these villains would be better choices than Deathstroke, don't get me wrong. I'm just pointing out reasons why they might be left out.
Deathstroke has nothing holding him back, he's fairly popular, and they might even want to do a spin-off movie with him.

Just shut the fuck up. You are clearly a shit person. Look in the mirror, be honest with yourself, and figure it the fuck out. Or be alone your whole life. No sweat off my sack

What does Snyder's superman have to do with Reeve's still unwritten Batman?

No? Nolan movies were more like thrillers

Josh Gad is literally already cast as Penguin for something. I would assume this.

A detective noir staring Batman searching for Slade Wilson? I'm sold.

t. never read a bat comic in his life

>This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.
He's not anymore. Character change throughout the movies. Happen to Bruce throughout the nolan movies too and casuals didn't care.

I think it's just something he made to try and build hype so he would cast, like how Drake Bell did with Robin recently or Ron Perlman's been doing with Cable.
I don't put it past DC to cast him but I'm just hoping they don't.

>Noir Driven, Detective Version

Yea just like Captain America is a "political thriller" and Ant-Man is a "heist" movie and Doctor Strange is a "psychedelic" movie right?

Capeshit is capeshit.

Unfortunate...we will never get a Batman movie that features cameos from all of his rogues. Also a ruined oppourtunity with Suicide Squad. What a let down that was.

As for people comparing this to Nolan's movies, do you even read comics? Nolan's movies are a horrible representation of Batman. What little we've seen from Affleck is closer than anything we've gotten to the comics.

That's all MCU shit though

>I'm just hoping they don't.
abandon all hope

>searching for Slade Wilson?
There's not a lot of detective work if your culprit is a publicly known super mercenary.

I think Gad may actually be legit unlike the drug addled child star. The picture he posted was in reference to his post of Penguin drawing attention. His response to the first post was that there was no significance to the post the the next one is him at DC a month later saying "nothing to see here."

The only way DC could make me hate Jason Todd any more than I already do is to have the whiny faggot played by Drake fucking Bell. I'd rather we get Aubrey Drake as Duke or even as fucking Dick before anyone plays Jason let alone Drake Bell.

that's the one.

Maybe he needs to take down Slade's buyer, lots of potential there.

What I love about these lumped remarks is if those same movies were made sans the costumes and titles people would laud them as innovative, land mark breaths of fresh of air for those very genres with no shame.

Just look at the Bourne series.

> This Batman is an easily tricked rageaholic.

m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2nemc1hv#/watch?v=SDVWr93Z9Yc