youtube.com/watch?v=RLDD0xhHZUA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLirLVoOHstO5pYKp_AiWAs9ullp4ieNSl
youtube.com/watch?v=PCGmbzRz9Ws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

behold, storytime has won over WITCHWOOD CROWN

for the time being

that Hyperion costume is even more painted on than usual, damn

Hello, Storyteller.

We now return to the adventures of the Squadron Supreme. Will they succeed in making the world a better place? Will they all just die instead? Will writers ever stop bringing in evil Hyperions when they can't think of anything else to do? Let's find out!

This feels so much like a classic JLA cover.

so do we know anything more about legacy?

VARIANT COVERS!
(and four books)

oh not-Hal, you horndog

nope, everyone is still confused as shit

We know that there's not much more to know.

I don't get it, it's not even the teaser feeling that REBIRTH gave out, it's just...splat

Minor tangent, but I'm not the only one who thinks Mario is a dwarf, right? Like, there's no way he isn't.

As in, like Super Mario?

Yup. It's so transparent. Some suit just said "get us one a them Rebirths", so Alonso and Brevoort just moved some shit around to make it look like they're doing something.

He has Fairbank's disease like Danny DeVito, be sensitive!

They haven't actually teased anything! besides cavemen avengers I guess, and who gives a shit about that?

not to mention their promotion for this is confusing as all hell. NOTHING they've announced could be construed as changing the industry forever in any fashion so people are left going "where's the rest of it???"

then they have this bizarre, backwards way of promoting it that basically just says "we're looking to the future by looking at the past while looking forwards and honoring the past!"

whoever came up with this marketing should be fired and whoever came up with "it's the same books we're already putting out, but with homage variants!" as a Rebirth ripoff needs to be fired too

Can we all have a good solid fucking laugh at Jim Zub's "I have a Thunderbolts pitch and these are my editors and this is the email" tweet that was deleted later? I saw at least one twitter essay on "I will not buy this book with him involved" tagging both editors.

oh and not to mention Rebirth didn't announce creative teams right away but they announced the books then hyped up announcing creative teams

Marvel just feels like they don't care who's on a book (which is true as far as art goes)

there's nothing to look forward to or get excited about, since almost none of the titles are actually changing they probably aren't moving too many writers around

That was amazing. It's like if your boss was considering demoting you so you asked all your customers to call him and tell him how great you are.

I wonder if he saw the brutal feedback or if he just realized fucking better about shilling in public like that, given how well it worked for LoWW.

it's like the Illuminated Comics page: "BENDIS WILL STILL BE ON GOTG" (and he was, then)

OP is a FAAAAAAAAAGGOT

>WITCHWOOD CROWN
What's that?

Is Zub on his way to being the Chuck Austen of the current decade?

Marvel's announcement was literally fucking variants

I think even before they announced the books we knew Johns was running things. Who is spearheading Legacy?

Some brainless executive.

return to an epic fantasy world 20+ years later

Chuck Austen was at least memorably WTF, Zub is just dull and mediocre

I love every single thing on that page so much.

That too! Aaron's on the one-shot, but there's no sense of a benevolent guiding hand that's directing and yet letting individuality surface.

>Marvel just feels like they don't care who's on a book (which is true as far as art goes)

Well Alonso got in front of a microphone and say " artists don't move the needle" so they'll continue to announce books wither either no artist attached or even better no creative team at all

So, was it in his will that he be buried with not shirt on? That's clearly an apron.

CALLED IT! busts me up every time

how are you owls tonight?

I don't think I have the whatever to dye my hair tonight, probably tomorrow

Looks like Bunn is writing the Jean Grey Generations one shot now, and I swear it used to be Hopeless (because of the solo).
The solo's #2 sales were just under 30K, which is pretty damn good for marvel these days

I added Mister Miracle to my pull so that's pretty much a guarantee it'll be shit because I'm a jinx

sorry in advance senpai

also I can't help but notice that Coipel and Ribic have done DC variants very recently

not saying they're going to jump ship or anything but if you're an artist and the company you're locked into literally says "nobody buys books for the artist anymore" while their main competitor is launching an entire line of books with the artist at the forefront...

>The world's first orbiting manned satellite

Ah, the 80s, where mankind's desire to explore apparently peaked before dying to American Hegemony after the Cold War.

tired and hungry, but my stomach also hurts so food doesn't sound as appealing as it should

everyone who's gotten to read an early copy says it's amazing, don't ruin this user

>"Hey remember when I completely ruined that big Thunderbolts push by making it all about Bucky, and not about the Thunderbolts? Well, despite dismal sales and vocal disapproval, I bet you want more of that! Make sure to vote to show your support of more of my bullshit!
It's almost endearing how fucking clueless he is.

The advance buzz on that book is huge already

if it's all Stoics like how OM was all William James, stop, I can't get any hotter

I also reliably heard the Batman/Fudd book is insane *and* good

Heat in Texas is making it too easy to oversleep.

Hey today I was thinking, would the early Valiant stuff be up our alley for a future storytime? I've never read any of it but it's from around that era most of our favorite shit is from and of course there's the Shooter angle.

Pistols that shoot orgasms?

Well, that's something for Kickstarter.

read the BC article for someone talking about how Zubbolts was his favorite Tbolts ever, lol

Ribic is busy painting a new Metabarons book

It rained hard here yesterday and now it feels like fucking Houston outside

That's even better!

Also, a not-so classic Teen Titans cover or seven.

;___;

also IDK how but the controls on LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS blow in a way they neve rhave in other LEGO games, ugh

It's black, spherical, has a fuse trailing out of it, and has the word BOMB written on the side of it in large white block letters.

is this /d/?

jeeeeesus

this is totally the prelude to some /d/

Hey, Not-Grace Jones is of legal age on Earth, that's something.

what's out Wednesday?

Bit of a mixed bag, really. Been exposed to some horrifically bad Steam games, water got turned off and right back on, saw some okay Steam games, Mechanica from ARMS is so damn cute that I can't fucking stand it, I was reminded that Slime Rancher exists, and the Wondy movie continues to make a strong profit.

Some bad, mostly good. What color are you going for?

LOL

I think there's a point where you're so out there that you're less /d/ and more obscure DeviantArt maniac

Wonder Woman finale!

dark blue, but I'm not bleaching beforehand

Once again, the downside of digital transfers shows up, cutting out the editors note for that asterisk. (Which, yeah, unnecessary for our purposes.)

Supergirl: Being Super finale, but I haven't read any of it yet. Just going to buy the trade for the art tbqh.

I didn't bat an eye when I read this years ago, but reading it now that sounds completely insane. That's just storing every dying person in a tube for decades.

it's totally insane

that SNES classic announcement makes me wanna fire up SNES EMU again and play LINK TO THE PAST

with infinite health, of course

So who's the best visual designs among the Squadron

>not doing a 3-heart run
We got a casual over here.

I'm really, really surprised it's including Star Fox 2 which has been one of my favorite games for ten years despite never being released. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Star Fox 64 because ironically it works better as a sequel to that than any other SF game despite coming out before it.

>how are you owls tonight?

Kinda down, but hey, I got three things off the pile of shame this weekend! And added like 5 more because I bought stupidly time consuming RPGs from the Steam Sale

What was the deal with the last issue of Dial H? The Mieville one, that was an artist showcase of basically just rando hero spins.
I'm assuming that was the Villain Month one shot, but I really didn't get it.

Box Brown's Andre the Giant was good, but felt a bit too much like disconnected vignettes. Needed a bit more narration as connective tissue, I think.

NOT DEATHSTROKE THAT'S WHAT

It feels like it's been eons since the last issue of Deathstroke

Hey, Storyteller. Bit of an odd question for you.

Is there such a thing as a chill opera? Like, an opera designed to be relaxing and laid back, rather than bombastic and rousing? Is that a thing?

Is Golden Archer meant to be British or Australian?

>Stoics
Who? Also Vision was better and if someone didn't realize, Lacanian as fuck.

I will happily admit: I fucking suck at the "surviving" part of the game and will cheat my ass around it if humanly possible.

it's mean to give us double shipping and then take it away ;_;

Hi thread!!

64 is one of my favorite games so I'm fucking hyped for the new SNES. I was just too young for that game generation.

I'm so "meh" on that. But the only game on the SNES I care about is Super Mario RPG and I bought it for Wii like a decade ago, or whenever they added it to that shop.

I want the snes classic, but I feel like it's probably going to be near impossible to actually get one for a non-scalper price

You'd probably like the Philip Glass works, which are meditative and not exactly conventionally dramatic. There are other pieces which also traffic less in drama and more in tableau/mood; Debussy's "Pelleas et Melisande", Messiaen's butt-numb-a-thon "Saint Francois d'Assise", what else

King posted pages with a quote from the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius

Wagner's "Parsifal" is pretty glacial in parts, probably the apex of talky long-form

ahhhh MODEMS

So what's with big Marvel exclusive artists doing covers for DC? I saw Coipel in solicits of this month and pic related is from Ribic. I wonder if they are looking to jump ship after the whole "artist don't move needle." Also worth noting DC is doing all these artist centered book and new prestige formats, it might entice big artists.

I know an artist told me a while back he was doing something for DC with a lot of freedom involved, if'fn it's actually announced I'll say who it was

their exclusives are probably up and they're keeping options open?

Ape X is surprisingly full of feels

I could probably get into that, yeah. I like opera style music just fine, but the thought sitting through AAAAUUUUUUUUGGGH AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUWWWWW for like two hours is unappealing to say the least.

>Stop dawdling, you twinks.

Give us a hint

OP pls

>King posted pages with a quote from the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius
He's also tweeted out teasers with Plath and Horace, I think it might have more to do with thematicality of singular issues or moments than of overall series tone.

Forgot the pic

to some extent you do have to develop an appreciation for operatic style singing, it's true. I like thinking of it as "a highly trained voice with no microphone bullshit", but bad singing is bad in a way pop singing can't approach. You might also like things with rich orchestral parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=RLDD0xhHZUA

>I know an artist told me a while back he was doing something for DC with a lot of freedom involved,
Is he a big name? I hope it's Samnee, dude's really wasted at Marvel.

I tried Einstein on the Beach at OP's recommendation, I unexpectedly fell completely in love with it and its two "sequels":

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLirLVoOHstO5pYKp_AiWAs9ullp4ieNSl

the blue beetle run everyone loved, not the one everyone didn't

I realy really want DC to do prestige format elseworlds again

Pretty thicc

This is a better Satyagraha intro

youtube.com/watch?v=PCGmbzRz9Ws