Name a better Spiderman cartoon. You can't

Name a better Spiderman cartoon. You can't.

Black Cat is best girl.

It was taken too soon

Cat > Betty > MJ > Gwen > Liz

Close second

Good CG for its time.

Sally>May>Liz>Cat>>MJ>Betty>Gwen

Shit taste, imo.

>he doesnt like bitchy Sally
you my man, have shit taste

Memes aside, you know I'm right.

There's definitely a reason Randy stuck with her.

It doesnt hold up well at all. The animation/editing is damn near painful. Still holds a special place in my childhood though

There is no better one, but its a mediocre cartoon in general. we are still waiting for the real god-tier spiderman cartoon.

>but its a mediocre cartoon in general

How so?

Story is too basic, kiddy gloves, characters dont show much insight or development, dubbing was meh.
Please notice i say mediocre meaning its a 6/10. I think it had much potential but the existing seasons didnt deliver it. Maybe with Gwen Stacy death in a hypotetical next season the show could reach its full potential.

>Story is too basic

Really? I thought it did fine interwoving multiple story arcs and subplots and making them seamless and organic. I wish more story-driven shows took Spectacular's approach and pacing.

>kiddy gloves

Again, how? The show didn't shy away from heavy topics like drug use, child abuse, and mental illness, even if the former had to use a comic book stand-in. Characters get injured, didn't stall too much on certain storylines, etc.

>characters dont show much insight or development

Peter grew a lot during the two seasons we got. He learned responsibility, gratefulness over what he has and can do, and lost his shallowness regarding romance. Gwen became more confident and sure of what she wanted. Harry's insecurities came to light and he acted on them, but not everyone can have positive development. Even Flash matured a little. That's not even mentioning the villains, many of whom had their origin stories, so of course they get development.

Insight? We get Peter's thoughts all the time.

>dubbing was meh

Like the voice synching? Voice acting?

Also, Gwen wasn't planned to die within the show itself. The producers were more interested in using her as an actual character and had no plans for killing her off, except MAYBE in the theoretical college DTVs. Also, I don't see how her death would've improved the show. Darkness and death don't necessarily mean better quality.

My only real complaint (besides the cancellation) is Kraven.

That show was dark as fuck.

>decide to watch an episode
>Max Dillon is a university student
>spends the whole episode being bullied
>becomes Electro and returns to campus to attack the people that bullied him
>"Alright, I guess Spider-Man will be showing up any minute now."
>continues to attack that guy
>"Probably web swinging over right now."
>electrocutes the guy to death onscreen
>cuts to Peter at his place, completely oblivious to what's happening
>Electro continues to kill more people before Peter becomes aware

God I loved how realistic that was. Peter has his own shit to do rather than patrol Manhattan all the time.

It did kind of seemed like they jumped the gun with Kraven. It would have been one to thing have done that as a last resort, but surely he had other tricks up his sleeve for catching his prey.

That episode fell a little too close home.
Not about the bullying but for Dillon desperately wanting to make friends.

>first fight is pretty great
>second fight is just him becoming a generic super strength villain with fur

why is this allowed

Reminder that it did a "Electro is a total betamax who snapped" thing before ASM2 and did it much better.

I didn't like Venom either.
I mean, it does make sense for him. It's just really hard to take a villain using "bro" seriously.

Which is funny, because Weisman and Cook almost jumped the gun on introducing him in the second episode of season one, and Marvel suggested saving him until season two.

Though I did read they mutated Kraven to set-up Man-Wolf down the line and have him fight Lizard.

Fair point, but it was still surprising to see after several shows up Peter showing up just in the nick of time.

Same.

Also, Spectacular did the electric eel origin better (and first). It wasn't the electric shock that gave him his powers, but the bio-sludge the eels swam in. ASM2 missed the point.

>thought that Colonel Jupiter was a thing Spectacular made up to set up Man-Wolf
>looked up John Jameson recently
>it was in the comics the whole time

I'm such a fucking casual.

Shut the fuck up, user. It's great as far as animated shows in general go, and second only to the DCAU in terms of superhero shows.

Start from Amazing Spider-Man Issue #1, bruv.

One thing I liked was how literally every single named character in the show was from the comics. From the gym teacher to Aunt May's heart doctor, to the drama teacher, to even Hammerhead's chauffeur were bit characters from the comics.

>Menken in the comics is an asshole who wanted to be Green Goblin's apprentice
>when Spider-Man tells Osborn that he thought Menken is the Goblin, Osborn laughs it off as a ridiculous idea
I laughed at that moment.

Wow, the cartoon must have had way more references to the comics than I thought they would.

It was fun, but hasn't aged well.

Loved the cartoon maker, even if I just had characters walk back and forth and then spam the explosion effect 50 times before scribbling the credits