EXTREMIS ARMOR CONFIRMED

EXTREMIS ARMOR CONFIRMED

Or something equally Granov-inspired.

Dude the first Iron Man movie armor was Granov inspired you moron.

Still the same fucking helmet... I would like to see something different.

Yes...early on. Lately, everything been drawn by Phil Saunders and Andy Park, who still draw from him, but have heavily deviated from his sleek style.

This suit seems to be a bit of a return to form.

That faceplate is noticably different

You mean Modular Armor confirmed.

I must be Ironman-suit-blind because they all literally look the same to me.

holy shit that's sexy af

My six year old niece can tell the difference. She doesn't know their names/numbers but put an action figure in front of her and she can tell you what movie it was in and at what part.

I still don't see the resemblence

Skip the nanomachines, make the symbiote armor so Venom can be yet another fuck up by Tony.

The helemt is the trademark of an ironman suit.

Superior Iron Man was great but Venom/symbiotes are not in the MCU.

Plus that suit was ugly. Rather them just go with nanomachines.

Another shot for you guys

>that faceplate

That is DEFINITELY the Extremis armor.

>Venom/Symbiotes are not in the MCU
Dude just wait till Spider-Man Homecoming #2 where Robert Downey Jr. invents the symbiote suit!

I'll do you one better.

I'm getting more of a Bleeding Edge vibe in terms of overall functionality.

Oh look, Tony is about to get his ass handed to him by a wizard

What

What movie is this for?

Infinity War, bucko

Boku no Thanos

>that bulge
RDJ's packing, damn...

Banner?

>"No, I will not fucking say it! 'Awesome facial hair bros'? Who wrote this shit?!"

I'm like 90% sure he doesn't do the mo cap anymore unless the scene has his mask off.

I miss the Mk 3 armor

So Strange and his crew rescue Hulk from outer space in Ragnarok.

Good to find that out now.

I just want this

Is she autistic?

She hasn't been diagnosed, so no, not as far as I know.

She has an dad-crush on RDJ, though.

it's not gonna happen, it doesn't fit the style they went with from the beginning

I can see it

Me too. it actually looked realistic, good, and fucking BADASS. What happened, man.

It even had those minor mechanical noises that made it feel like a solid machine.

Gotta get those merchandising bucks with new suits I guess.

>hero vs hero

do you expect different from marvel?

Still the best

Suitcase suit, best suit.

I'm guessing that's not RDJ.

>implying Marvel would let their golden boy get beat by anyone.

I was kind hoping they would stop making billion dollar box office hits with their lead Title to make room for Justice League

Did you miss Civil War

I really love the new suit, it reminds me of something.

>Bwaah the helmets are all the same!

You might have to be autistic for that.

I am a sperg, and I have always loved Iron Man's array of suits. And yes... I recognize each of them.

I don't know but it's giving me a boner.

Quite possibly.

Bendis did. Duh.

....Holy shitsnacks. What's the opposite of cradle-robbing?

its rather odd how we are slowly going back to muscle armor

It's not odd, it's logical. It's getting more and more advanced. From basically a motivated medieval knight's armor with rockets and jets stapled on, to a sleek, form-fitting jet fighter, to a jet fighter than could transform into a suitcase, to a jet fighter that could split apart into independently operational components, into... um.. well, a suit that can move almost like a liquid already. It's like a cloth or something, or a flatworm that flows over Tony and attaches itself.
It might actually end as the Extremis suit.

You missed "to a giant hub station that can split it's pieces into a Hulk-sized suit" in there

If you take out all the filler armors that only serve as big action scene fodder in IM3, yeah, pretty much.

Warren Ellis sucks at science, though. Sometimes I wonder if he's just taking the piss.

Supercompressed? Isn't it basically liquid? And you can't compress a liquid. Stored in the hollows of his bones? Then where did the bone marrow go? Never mind how he describes the Extremis effect.

I still love it. I just wish he'd written it a little differently.

I agree, it is still probably the best as it feels like an actual dude in a robot suit instead of just a CGI robot guy.

Moreso, it was literally designed by Granov.

Actually, the Mark III was a collaboration between him and Phil Saunders, with Saunders doing the majority of the designing and Adi putting on the finishing touches and drawing it "in motion"

This and the Mk 7 for me.

Makes sense. Bendy metal armor never existed in the past, sans something like Caps chainmail.

It only makes sense that as we go into the future, they find ways of making metal fit muscle.

>into... um.. well, a suit that can move almost like a liquid already. It's like a cloth or something, or a flatworm that flows over Tony and attaches itself.
Well we already saw Stark's watch in Civil War that transforms in a way that is already liquid-like. So it is likely already used in the latest suit.

How do people like this trash? It's cause of fucking MVC isn't it?

It's been too long my friend

>Isn't it basically liquid?
More like a nanite swarm.

What the guy above said. But even if it was "liquid", in theory they can be compressed. You just to apply a high enough pressure. In the world of super-science of the MU, it's not that out there. The water at the bottom of the ocean for example is more compressed than the one at the top, it's just that the number is far too small.

Either way, it's mostly just a bnch of nanomachines acting like liquid, not a regular liquid like oil or milk.

As for the bones, well, the bone marrow is like jelly. Theoretically those nanomachines that could shrink and act like a liquid could overtake the "jelly" or change it in someway (evaporate it as they under by releasing heat, and cooling it, thus turning it back into "solid" form as they get out of the bones).

Or you can just say "NANOMACHINES SON".

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

What aspect do you mean? The armor's esthetics?

You wound me. You wound me as with spears.

A propos liquid or liquid-like armor, one of the things I liked about Fraction's hell ride was the Bleeding Edge armor.

The SKIN-armor was actual liquid and I liked the look of that, but the pseudoscience of the Blleeding Edge is better.

>implying Marvel would let their golden boy get beat by anyone
Strange is here to more or less replace Stark.

I know this will never make it into an actual movie, but how many times have Tony and Doom physically fought each other?

Not just talking pompously and quipping, but having a serious one on one battle like Thor vs Tony

I dont know of a single one, in spite of reading a lot of F4

They have faced off directly three times under Layton and Michelinie. It never got ugly because it's not personal for them. It was simply power versus power.

If anything, Doom rather likes Tony - which is a somewhat worrying thought.

>Holy shitsnacks. What's the opposite of cradle-robbing?
Grave digging

>If anything, Doom rather likes Tony - which is a somewhat worrying thought.
They are both men who think other people are dumb, and that they are the only ones who has the ability to make things right for everyone else. Tony just has weaker mental strength than Doom, who's main issue was uncontrollable obsession with Reed Richards.

Guys, this is just like the crummy Ultron suit, the "real" thing may not look even remotely close to it since they bulked RDJ with the armor on.

So he's possessed, I wonder by who or what????

If Thanos has the Cull Obsidian with him - I heard a rumor they included those unfortunates in the movie - it could be either Supergiant or Ebony Maw.

>Armor has receding hairlines

For what purpose?

Isn't bloody edge his strongest armor?

He's not nearly popular enough yet

>I am become iron groin

No, this one is. It has all the benefits of the Bleeding Edge armor, Marvel NOW armor, and endo-sym armor without any of their flaws.

>When he give you that good succ

Meant for

Alright thanks, Extremis seems really powerful from what I read on it

It wasn't so much that the Extremis suit was super powerful (though it was) as it was Tony's new transhuman biology allowed him to operate it far more efficiently than any other armor he's ever used.

>It wasn't so much that the Extremis suit was super powerful (though it was) as it was Tony's new transhuman biology allowed him to operate it far more efficiently than any other armor he's ever used.
Although it is also shown in Civil War that Tony was becoming a liability as Friday was actually a more competent fighter than him. That unless Tony suddenly become a super soldier himself, there is no good reason for him to control his suits while inside them anymore.

Friday only assembled a countermeasure algorithm for him to follow. It wasn't entirely auto-pilot, just a program built on the spot to counteract Steve's fighting style. Stark was still piloting, but his movements were guided.

Yeah, if Iron Man 3 is any indication, an exclusively AI piloted suit is more liable to be destroyed in combat, not to mention the issue of friendly fire due to JARVIS or FRIDAY operating on a set of commands rather than actual human decision making

Sounds accurate

>Yeah, if Iron Man 3 is any indication, an exclusively AI piloted suit is more liable to be destroyed in combat, not to mention the issue of friendly fire due to JARVIS or FRIDAY operating on a set of commands rather than actual human decision making
IM3 suits were destroyed because they were badly made. And the point is that Civil War is the first time Tony relinquished control of the suit to an AI while he was still in it, thus admitting that the AI makes better decisions by now due to tech advancements. Science marches on, you can't assume AI at the start of the franchise will stay unchanged after many films.

There is no rumor, the Black Order or at least some of them will appear in it

>all those camera modules
They're doing the bleeding edge armour.,
I would have preferred the black and gold terminator liquid armour

>There is no rumor, the Black Order or at least some of them will appear in it
It basically stops the alternative of Thanos soloing all the combined heroes in Infinity War. I mean, sure, he could if he has all the stones, but it is just more believable and useful for the plot that a warlord would have minions.

Thanos vs Avengers/MCU Heroes/SHIELD won't happen till Infinity Gauntlet Movie aka Infinity War Part 2

Are Wong and Strange....in love?

Those are mocap dots

>IM3 suits were destroyed because they were badly made.
The IM3 artbook directly debunks that idea.