What? Did you want her to end up with Mako or something?

What? Did you want her to end up with Mako or something?

You know very well that's not the issue people have with it.

Korra is a slut that damages relationships between bros and lovers

She deserved ending up with somebody like Mako.

She's probably going to leave her and look for another life to destroy.

It was a bad show, op.

I would prefer she end up with a horse,
ruining her anus on a nightly basis.

Hmm, Sup Forums seems to be awfully critical of female characters.

I wonder why?

As gay as I am and as for this shit being normalized as I am

Asami could've done so much fucking better

Because holes are subhuman?

Please, try again when its anyone that's not the shit show of a human being that is Korra.

I feel like Korra is one of those people who can not be in a happy relationship. If there isn't some kind of nonsense or drama going down, she loses interest. She simply just can't 'be' and 'exist'. Maybe she'll learn in the spirit world, but I figure she'll just find some spirits to piss off.

They're very often badly written and/or unlikable for a variety of reasons. See: Jean Grey.

Frank Miller anyone?

Because they typically have a "GRRRL POWER" personality that fucks up good character writing.

To be honest, I like how Korra ended up. Her illusions of being a great avatar are utterly shattered, after getting kicked in the teeth until she just couldn't get up under her own power, but finding enough gumption to stop Dimestore Satsuki and her eyebrows from Liebenrauming all Hitlerlicious.

they were building them up to be best friends, but then they sort of dropped the ball to develop them beyond that.

Nah man, See that's the thing.
I went in sad that I knew best girls couldn't both win at the end.
Then they fucking went and shipped them with each other, it was fucking genius.
Being asami was suffering, but it was all worth it in the end.

If Asami were a real human being I'd agree, but from a character standpoint Korra's the one who could've done better.

what the fuck are you even trying to say

I would've loved to see her slowly develop feelings for Asami other than really, really vague hints at something more.

I have no problem with it but some cute budding lesbian undertones would've been nice.

I just dont like Korra, everything came to her in a silver platter, never learning a god damn thing.

Korra is basically the Lord of Creation. In a tight fit brown female body.

Asami can have a trophy wife.

She deserves no one

Yeah, I think they felt the need to play it safe cause Nick, but it just ended up feeling much to subtle. I have yet to rewatch it since the finale though, so I might feel differently if I do.

Frank Miller has got nothing on Stan the Man's "foolish females".

did someone mentioned brown trophy wife?

Not him but it must be rough for Korra to try to scissor a cardboard cutout.

From a storytelling point, Korra could have done better.

I've rewatched it a few times since it ended and the book 4 hints were obvious, yeah, but in book 3 (where this supposedly all began) they really fell flat at selling that Korra and Asami were now friends and growing closer because they conveniently kept cutting away from them, and when they did show them together it was mostly action.

Go jack off to Bolin fanfiction you tumblrite.

Asami IS the trophy wife. That ended up being her entire role in the show.

Yep, she's only relevant and billed as the second lead in the comic because she's dating Korra.

>Asami could've done so much fucking better
Asami only exists as a love interest. The only better she could have done is to not exist at all and not be subjected to the terrible writing that plagued everything and everyone on the show.

People are retarded if they think the backlash against the ending had to do with lesbians.

There was no development for this ending, at all. I've read online of all the "moments" between them and it's all bullshit. A girl complementing her friend's hair isn't flirting. In addition, all the interactions they had up until the final seasons seemed extremely typical of two teenage girls.

To say in hindsight that those interactions had deeper meaning is retarded. Normal audience members who don't browse tumblr everyday would have no idea that a gay pairing like that was even in the writer's minds or that Korra and Asami would be anything but heterosexual after they've both been established to like boys and the narrative confusion caused by having TWO character BOTH be bisexual without any clear indication that that was the case is retarded.

TL;DR This ending came out of nowhere, there's no defending it.

This. OP is deliberately attacking a strawman

Ah, I understand now. Thanks bros.

>A girl complementing her friend's hair isn't flirting
Well it can be and the bigger proof was supposed to be Korra's blushing, but it was a really weird moment all around.

According to the comics Asami loved Korra even before the ending of book 3 but she never said anything, and the first thing she says to her after not seeing her for three years is "you have nice hair"? And not even in an awkward, I'm so stunned I don't know what to say sort of way (though that's difficult to say because Seychelle is a mediocre voice actress). Saying Korra in general looked amazing or great would have been better.

>Implying Mako deserves an abusive Girlfriend like Korra

>Korra always rushed to the worst conclusion
>Always wanted to argue with him
>Always wanted to wanted to make him feel bad for having an opinion
>Always made it about how Mako is the bad guy for now immediately siding with her in her arguments against Tenzin without telling him his side of the story

No, no one deserves that. Asami needs to get out of there quick.

Korra is a classic case of Crazy girlfriend.

Bryke played the lgbt/pro-lgbt community like a violin

We all know there's going to be zero issues between Korra and Asami as people in the comics but it'd be hilarious to see Asami be crushed by the pressure of dating the Avatar.

No, apparently Korra and Asami are going to have to deal with homophobia. Whoopee.

>Well it can be and the bigger proof was supposed to be Korra's blushing, but it was a really weird moment all around.
Yeah it can be the problem was the rest of my post. No sane person would think of that dialogue as being anything but friendly, it's only in hindsight that people start seeing it those ways.

Let's not forget the fact that a few throwaway lines like that does not build a romance worth ending your show on no matter how you reason it.

where?

Some interview the artist gave but I remembered she actually said it was going to be more about them "coming out" to their friends because homosexuality isn't really the norm in Avatar instead of outright homophobia.

Still I'm betting someone in the group isn't going to be comfortable with it and I bet that someone is going to be Mako.

It'd be interesting if Korra tanked that relationship liked she did her others. The real end should've just been her alone.

Unless Koh is fired there'd no way Korrasami is going to break up unless they have another girl lined up for either one of them.

Like I said all problems they face will be external, not internal. They're not going to be anything other than perfect sad lesbians who cry and kiss a lot.

>everyone shits on Mako
>fanfics make him abusive or get cheated on
>comic might shit on him more
He doesnt deserve this.

He doesn't and I know nobody will care but it'd honestly be cheap, shitty writing especially considering the talk he and Korra had at the end of book 4.

But because he's such an easy target I can't picture it being anyone else, at least not in the core group, except maybe Lin.

Haven't there been thousands of Avatars?

There is literally no way Korra is the first carpet muncher

>kyoshi

>others
Other. She had a romantic relationship with Mako that Mako is the one who ends up feeling awkward about until he doesn't.

Though they all should have remained alone at the end. No, rather most of them shouldn't have been in the show in the first place or stayed around so long.

Mako literally put his dick in BOTH of those girls and they still ended up lesbians. How does that even work?

He's got a small dick

We have a real life Sup Forums version of this.

Agree with user here, the only time i noticed that it was a lesbian ending was after i turned the computer on and saw people were shitposting about it.

>literally
Citation not needed as it does not exist. They went out of their way in AtLA to show that Sokka got with Suki but nothing was shown for the terrible love triangle.

No both were terrible. I think the show didn't really need romance period.

Mako pulled the "lol no way fag" meme on them

if your biggest concern is who gets shipped with who in a show, that says a lot about how much you actually care about the entire series.

No, I wanted her to end up with no one.

What I saw as a repeating trend in the series, was Korra treating a relationship with someone as a means of becoming who she was supposed to be. It's why she was as bent out of shape about relationships as she was about living up to being the Avatar. It is the second biggest cause of grief for her across the entire show, and she continually gets it wrong even as she succeeds at being the new Avatar.

So it seemed perfectly logical to me that she end her show happy as she is, without needing a partner to feel fulfilled after realizing it's not something that is going to bring her happiness at this time in her life. And it would have been a nice reversal on all the relationship drama in Last Airbender, helping prevent the show from feeling like a retread, thematically.

Instead I got ham-handed agenda pushing.

No, I didn't want Korra hooking up with anyone! I just wanted Naga to return & give birth to a litter of polar cub puppies...

The only healthy ship in this entire cartoon was Kora/bolin from the first episodes but they totslly ignored it for some reason and gave Mako the post of dick-god detentors of all waifus.

Stop projecting

I didn't want any romance at all from the damn beginning.

The only Korrasami interaction I felt was distinctly gay is image posted. During the first watch, I knew it was weird & was sort of disgusted by it. Korra was obviously showing off for Asami's attention. Somebody who's straight wouldn't be that intent on entertaining friends in a showy act.

No, it says a lot about the lack of discussion-worthy content in the entire series.

what is the issue then?

>I knew it was weird & was sort of disgusted by it.
What?

>Sup Forums
>the house build by waifu worship

nigga we worship stronk independent women, you just see this because the ones (((you))) particularly like are shit and their fans are shit.

Disgusted as in really, Korra, showing off by torturing someone with your powers?! You're the Avatar & yet you're using your powers for entertainment? Do you have no respect for your position as peacekeeper? It wasn't even funny, just sorta sad.

>mfw listening to the reniggings review right now

Females in society are always under scrutiny whether under males or from each other. We're all highly judgmental. Females have such a vast personality variation. Males don't have nearly as much range. If a male is boring or a Mary Sue, it's expected. If a female is boring, it's wasted potential. If a female is a Mary Sue, she's too unrealistic.

A male character can be loved by all. Everybody has a different opinion on female characters.

I've heard enough about Mr. Enter from Sup Forums to know that this is the line of thinking he'd use.

Someone did the math and estimated there had been something around 180 Avatars before the cycle got fucked up. Yeah she probably wasn't the first Avatar in a same-sex relationship and I bet $5 that the comics will confirm Kyoshi was into rubbing clams, but that doesn't mean there isn't gonna be any homophobia.

>What, you don't like brain cancer? Did you want colon cancer instead?

shit writing.
Not enough buildup, pandering to SJW etc.

while i personally don't agree to that, because it's not like they are about to get married, they just now started their relationship, meaning there is no reason for more buildup then the scenes we got.
Remember the scene of Asami running over Mako with her scooter? That's four season of legend of korra for asami/korra