Is Peter Tomasi the best superhero comic writer?

>Green Lantern Corps
>Batman & Robin
>Superman Rebirth
And now that he's saving Superman, is he objectively the best superhero comic writer?

He's easily one of the best that's currently working

I like him very much since GLC.

He attracts the WRATH of some spergs that hate current Superman because "i-it is fanservice and heroes should be unhappy!1!" though.

The only writer who actually makes me like Damian. He's pretty amazing. Isn't he writing Supersons too? Cause it's been great.

He's good imitator of Johns, shame he doesn't have a boner for silver age or encyclopedic knowledge of DCU.

Yes, but of course.

Only if you started reading since rebirth or new 52. He's a completely inoffensive and mediocre writer like Winnick, Meltzer, Jurgens and Dixon. Even they'd be seen as good if they were writing in the current age of Capeshit. I've already seen Sup Forums enjoying current Action Comics and Bane. It only shows you how far capeshit has fallen.

he's not even a very good super hero writer

>Now, I don’t think that the contemporary industry actually has a ‘top-flight’ of talent.
Has Alan Moore ever been wrong?

>speaking ill of Dixon.

Get out of here!

Also, Jurgens' Thor is second only to Simonson's.

His superman/wonder woman run was terrible

From his years in editorial he really understands plot construction and pacing, which means his books always move in a way that satisfies the serial consumer. And they have a fair amount of heart. But, there's not a ton past that, very little flash, no attempt at innovation, not much that'll stick in yer memory for longer than it takes the next issue to come out.

He's good, and on the basis of consistent product maybe you could call him great, but definitely not the best.

True. Can't really make a good omelette with rotten eggs.

At least his run was better than Soule's, though that really isn't saying much.

>winnick
>inoffensive

Wasnt there some shit about talia raping jason todd

I pretty much agree. I have to be up front - I'm biased because he consistently treats Steph and Cass and Babs like crap, but even his best stuff is just competent, nothing mind-bending. I think he benefits from his partnership with Gleason, who is a truly top-tier artist, making his writing look a lot better. He really writes like an editor become writer - writing most characters with a potted summary of who they are, and strictly adhering to the expected story template for that character.

This also is very true. The comparison with Dixon is very apt. Though I like Dixon a lot better because of the characters he's associated with.

>Meltzer
>inoffensive
In what world?

Winnick is not mediocre. Mediocre means it's consistent.
He's flat-out bad with few mediocre works (UtRH fags, please fuck off with your shitty comic/movie)

>or encyclopedic knowledge of DCU.

>johns
>encyclopedic knowledge of DCU

The guy never touched vertigo titles outside animal man, started reading wonder woman in 2014, knows more about batman because of the cartoons and movies than the comics and it's not shy about it.

He is a legion and titan nerd, that's about it, he knows about the shit he likes, he doesnt know that much.

I feel like he's one of the only few current authors who make solid characterizations and keeps them consistent while still developing them.

>He is a legion and titan nerd
And JSA, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League.

>Dixon
Dixon is pretty good though. Not in any top list, but he's above all those others you've mentioned.
I've even enjoyed his non superhero stuff like Winterworld.

>Justice League
How come he had such a shitty run there?

I think Dixon is definitely in the top 10 Batman writers list. What ten writers would you put over him?

The Cereal King uses the library that DC has - which is why so much of his stuff feels like surface skimming. YES, he has really immersed himself in SOME corners of the DC Universe, but he's been fucking working there for a good 15+ years - he should be expected to.

But the level of his ideas is Wikipedia/Cliff Notes with a twist. Justice League Action or Batman Brave and the Bold did a better job of exploring the obscure and lesser knowns corners of the DCU and show a far more encyclopedic knowledge of DC.

Finger, Robinson, Vern, O'Neil, Barr, Miller, Simone, Lapham, Morrison, Rucka, Englehart

Which is not to say, that Dixon isn't a damn fine writer.

I liked Soule's run. The Zod/Faora Arc was fun

Interesting. I think Simone is a great writer (on the right projects), but I wouldn't consider her a Batman writer. But you have a wider base of writers than I (which is likely why I put Dixon in my top ten), so I'm sure you could replace her. :)

He's a mediocre writer who's good with small time stories and just filling up the slot until someone better comes along.

He's good and underrated. I don't think best but I'd definitely put him in the top 5 right now. Then again I'm a capeshit pleb so there's probably indie writers that others would place before him.

he's pretty based

Batman has been written by almost every great writer, so Dixon while a prominent Batman writer, wouldn't be above Grant, Frank Robin, Dini, Moench, Haney, Puckett, Templeton, Wagner and Milligan(or Moore, if we can count him for writing two annuals, and a lot of B&W and LotDK writers) for me. Dixon was still a solid writer though.

i unironically love neal adams as a batman writer

I actually liked his Winchester house horror comic, but his Cape comics are bland and mediocre.

Interviews suggest that between being swamped trying and failing to wrangle Guggenheim and Snyder into not sucking and being bummed about the reboot, he just couldn't be bothered to try as hard on JL as he does on his good books.

Denny O'Neil spanks every single person you mentioned. Easily.

Putting Dixon under Moench is a bit harsh, man.

I hope Justice League Action gets renewed for more episodes.