Admit it Sup Forums

Admit it Sup Forums

Ashi was a fun character.

Far from perfect but she coulda been way worse.

We deserved a better ending. After spending the entire season driving home the point that The Future was Jack's home now and he'd changed millions of lives for the better, to go and erase all of that AND kill his time-waifu was just a dick punch too many.

I liked her.

I didnt really care for her.

yeah because a great way to write a show that is being brought back purely because of a nostalgic fanbase is to make the entire season about a brand new character

I don't hate Ashi the way some people do, but I really do wonder where Genndy's head was at when he decided to make the final season totally about a character we had never heard of before

>I really do wonder where Genndy's head was at when he decided to make the final season totally about a character we had never heard of before
Probably something like
>I'm going to insert my dream waifu and nobody can stop me.
>I dont give a fuck.

WTF I HAVE AKU POWERS NOW LOL

Hah!
No.

Ashi was a metaphor for every character Jack ever met. That's why she ended up meeting all those people. Her disappearing at the end represents the disappearance of all of them, since that timeline has been erased.

what a shitty metaphor

agreed

Not a metaphor if it's literal

Doesnt make it any less shit.

Would have been interesting if this wasn't the last season, but alas.

You know, I have to admit, I didn't like Ashi initially because I thought she ruined the season. But after stopping to think about it, I don't dislike Ashi necessarily. In fact, she was actually pretty decent.

Until Episode 6.

That was the point where she went from being her own character to being a waifu. Prior to that point, she wants to kill Jack because that's how she's been raised. Jack shows her that her life has been a lie and now she questions her mother's teachings and wonders what else is wrong. From there, she sees that Aku's world is not as nice as she thought it was and feels she's been deceived. When she finds out that Aku's henchman Dominator is manipulating children, much like she was manipulated, she does everything in her power to save them immediately and even has a moment of intense anger when Dominator laughs about how easy it is to trick children into doing your bidding due to her past with her mother.

This is all pretty good stuff.

Too bad this is all dropped immediately after Episode 5, and the rest of the show is just Ashi and Jack awkwardly complimenting each other until they inevitably make out, they fall in love at the last minute, and then she dies.

Before she could even start having a character transition from evil to good, they basically ended her character growth. And THAT is what I hate about Ashi, not her as a character.

This

I did like her, and the season as a whole was great.

But the ending still had some surprisingly obvious problems.

Did they change the definition of fun recently?

>written into existence to cause Jack pain and incompleteness
he didn't get a good ending and neither did she.

I dunno man. The whole final season is how Jack and Aku we're at a stalemate. Nothing was changing. For 50 years. So it took something new, someone new, to tip the scales and make a change.

Or they could've brought back a loved character to whip Jack's depressed ass back into shape.

>For 50 years.

The 50 year time skip was something they invented for the new season. We didn't need it and it was also dumb. It was a forced problem for forced angst and forced drama

...define "fun".