/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

In Loving Memory edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Droids Unplugged #1 (June 28)
Doctor Aphra #8 [Screaming Citadel #5] (June 28)
Poe Dameron #16 (June 28)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny trailer
youtu.be/UkEgVzE4U54

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

www74.zippyshare.com/v/6AIK6z7Y/file.html
userscloud.com/pkbcd0idfmxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is me /swco/?

Predictions for what the next anthology movie will be?

Wasn't it supposed to be announced this month? I guess the Solo debacle has put that on the shelf for now.

And it'll probably Boba or Obi-Wan.

Well, they could come out with an announcement even if just to quell the PR disaster that is the Han Solo movie. Reminder that the British rating board was submitted a new trailer a couple of weeks ago too.

D23 and SDCC are right around the corner.

>Cornelius Evazan & Ponda Baba: A Star Wars Story
>Manny Both-Hanz: Agent of the Rebellion
>What Is She? The Life and Legend of a Jedi Temple Scientist
>Captain Tolvan's Excellent Adventure

Didn't some guy who worked for Lucasfilm start a blog that was going to expose all the crap that went on behind the scenes when Disney bought the company and when TFA was made?

Is there even a single user in these threads who didn't have his waifu killed by Darth Filoni?

New comics links/storytime when?
I need the conclusion of The Screaming Citadel.

>Doctor Aphra #8 [Screaming Citadel #5] (June 28)

Yeah, and that's today.

periodic reminder to not get annoyed at people for having different taste

If it hasn't been posted here then it hasn't been ripped yet.

That's some stellar bait you have there.
Where do the remaining seven movies, or any of the novels and comics or non-mobile games come into this chart?

Yo.

fuck 'em.

Good job missing the point. The point being, and I can't believe it needs to be spelled out, that not liking certain elements of the franchise doesn't disqualify you from being a 'true Star Wars fan'. You're a Star Wars fan as long as you like Star Wars. Star Wars being a motion picture released in 1977.

end bad
about Sabine
helping the Imperials to build the weapons, Ok Not her problem
The Empire use it on mandaloreians , Now she have a problem
+Push Ezra to Know what happen to his Family ,Ok No problem
- when her Time come to make peacewith her Family, that was a problem ..for her

That doesn't make you a fan of Star Wars, it makes you a fan of Star Wars (1977 film). Star Wars is now a big franchise, and when people say "Star Wars", 99% of the time they mean more than just the original movie.

Anyway, that's not even the point. There are lots of "elements of the franchise" that certain people don't like. Some people don't like the cartoons or mobile games, but some don't like the prequels, and some don't like the comics, etc. We get arguments about all of these. So it would have made sense if the image made a general point of "you just need to like the original movie, you don't need to like anything else", like you say it does. However, instead of "anything else" in general, it targets very specific part of the franchise, clearly to bait a certain audience.

What the fuck did you just write?

Learn English or get out.

Poe Dameron #16
www74.zippyshare.com/v/6AIK6z7Y/file.html

So, who's your waifu then? I hope you're not some disgusting casual who's waifu'd a 3DPD movie character

reminder that Tua survived in her special bomb proof suit

Who cares about the boring spic give me more Aphra!!!

the resistance blaster looks so ugly

Y-yeah and SS is still alive as well...she just collapsed in embarassment when Maul's saber cut off the tip of her hat.

Nothing bad could ever happen to a waifu on Filoni's watch, r-right?

Every design in screaming citadel is fucking hideous, holy shit

I can't wait for it too, but they haven't ripped it yet.
Bore Literallywhomeron is all there is for the moment.

Those Ezra and Ventress look hideous, holy fuck

You sound like a gatekeeping asshole. What things do you need to be a TRUE fan of Star Wars, then?

well done being EXACTLY the type of asshole the meme is trying to bait you to be - you literally just proved them right

fuck off

Can't wait to glue those pages together

I'd like to see you do better, then

FINALLY
userscloud.com/pkbcd0idfmxk

I really don't care, as long as you don't shit on other people's preferences. It's a big franchise, you can like anything you want. Saying that you have to like this specific movie to be a "TRUE" fan is just as stupid as saying you have to like that mobile game or those cartoons to be one.

How so?

Probably about the Yuuzhan Vong.
>captcha appropriate

Anyone up for a storytime?

This guy's design is decent, if a little KotOR. But yeah, everyone/everything else sucks.

Why not?

Here, or in a new thread? I'd rather keep it all in the general, but AFAIK people usually do it in separate threads.

Do another thread, and link it?

pls do

Eh... I think I'd rather keep our autism here.

Let's do this.

No cause everything related to dyke FemIndy is shit

yeah bruh

Wasn't Han in guards' armor in the last issue? They really need to pay more attention to consistency between artists.

at least the art is better than larocca's

We're supposed to believe this all happened between the OT movies? Give me a break.

Let's just hope this all ends with Aphra dying or at least fucking off forever.

Can't argue with that.

T. Autism

>We're supposed to believe this all happened between the OT movies?
Why couldn't it?

Oh thank christ the arts not horseshit anymore! The virgins I sacrificed to the mouse must have payed off.

there's a 3 year gap between 4 and 5

why is that unbelievable?

I want more Luke in new canon

It's the same artist who did #3. They interchange.

I assume you mean post rotj? because he's done a bunch of stuff post anh so far

Yeah
Or post ESB
Just sick of content in between ANH/ESB

File was too heavy to be uploaded. Had to JPEGize the page a little, sorry.

The gap between ANH and ESB is 6 times longer than between ESB and ROTJ though.

Well, we're getting The Legends of Luke Skywalker in October. Beyond the comics, I think that's the only Luke content until TLJ.

Luke x Aphra shippers on suicide watch! ;_;

who wants to bet that aphra's storyline ends with her and sana getting back together and flying off for more adventures in space after rotj

Luke cursed? unusual!

Well that was boring.

Edgebot dropping some thermonuclear heat
ship seems alive though with tsun bi space asian

Another page to heavy for Sup Forums to handle.

Peej?

Is this that girl from Aphra's university flashback who wanted to study the symbiotes?

Love this. I wouldn't think Luke capable of this kind of philosophy until after TESB but I guess Obi-Wan's journal has helped him quite a bit.

Another contender for the lukebowl / future Vader abstract wall painting and holistic hands free neck massage therapy

Well, and that's it.

Aphra is back to having no friends. How long until the Wookie and the droids turn against her, you reckon?

She might be. Susina was her name.

We saw it a bit immediately after ANH in Heir to the Jedi & Weapon of a Jedi. He seems to be finally emerging from his funk after his demoralizing defeat by Vader in Star Wars #2.

>never talk to me or my wife's kid

I won't lie, but this story arc was pretty underwhelming given what they were hyping it up as (gothic horror mixed with SW). The horrendous art in certain issues aside (along with some noticeable inconsistencies in terms of characters' clothing between artists), it never really succeeded in establishing a gothic horror tone, nor was there any suspense given that everyone knows that none of these characters are suffering permanent consequences. Furthermore, the antagonists were forgettable despite their designs. Also, what is the point of Sana's character aside from being strong black bi woman #1138?

All that aside, I actually liked that Luke and Han got some moments in the spotlight. It was especially nice seeing Luke point out the spirit of what it means to be a Jedi and the value of hard work and discipline over the easy way out (both of which tie in nicely with the climax of his character arc in the OT).

Do you think she left the cockpit to lock herself in the refresher and cry in the corner?

Yes.

Nice. Looking forward to his continued growth. His self doubt himself led him down the road to shortcuts and quick fixes, and that all came to a head here where he finally realized his mistake. Puts his training with Yoda in a new light, having to unlearn what he'd learned in facing the dull and dour realities of Jedi training. He's been focusing inwards for the majority of this run so far and thus been unable to "use" the Force as everyone expects him to, but it'll be Yoda who teaches him to express his inner self out into the larger world, where he'll truly feel the Force and then later learn to control it.

I agree. The horror element falls flat, and the inconsistencies are jarring. Not just in art, but in characterization, I feel. Luke goes from barely tolerating Aphra to declaring her a friend to back, and vice versa, and Sana promises the droids to help kill Aphra, but then it is just forgotten.

>Aphra and Sana are dykes
Never change mouse

Finally Luke kills someone of notice.

Didn't Ventress used to be the lead singer for The Cranberries?

Did you know that bi people exist?