Butch Hartman

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on Butch Hartman's style of humor?

his cartoons provide children the means to grow up to shoot up their place of employment

i fucking hate that smug look on his face

>rewatch original family guy pilot and butch did a voice
>butch is phoning his lines in
>seth is doing literally every other voice but his sisters

WE HATE HIM BECAUSE HE VOTED FOR KRUNK!!!

im really weirded out by the way he draws on his youtube channel, like the drawings he makes go from "oh this kinda looks like an old sci fi comic character" to " this looks like FOP fanart" to " oh god this look like one of those how to draw manga books"

I'd like it better if it didn't inspire kids to shoot up shopping malls.

Fairly Odd Parents was really funny near the beginning but after the look and sound got figured out, but I haven't enjoyed anything else.

When you get down to it, Cosmo and Timmy's dad carried the show. I think their voice actors had a lot to do with it, and I'm sure some talented writers made important contributions, although I've never looked into the show the same way I have with, say, Spongebob.
Actually, he is a little similar to Seth in that they both have a formula that used to work but has since grown very stale. Their formulas are very different, of course.

FOP's pilot season shits all over Screambob.

Dodges questions about why his shows are shit along with having inspired that mass murderer.

he can draw, thing is, he doesnt care about his drawings at all, so, the quality is not consistent.

It's the run on the mill "stupid people do stupid things" American humour.

He has (or at least had) this bad habit of hammering in the same punchline over the course of an episode until it was completely ruined. The one I remember off the top of my head is the blubber nuggets gag, but I know there were others.

I'm not in on this meme

Someone trying to recruit a personal army against Hartman because some dude killed some people and had pictures of Ember on his computer.

>joke
>same joke a few minutes later
>same joke but with a different character
>same joke again in passing conversation
>episode ends with the same joke as the punchline

The running gags are obnoxious.

I disagree about the pilot season since, like Spongebob, it was more focused on being for kids than being funny. But man, episodes like Mighty Mom And Dino Dad are unmatched. I really appreciate that both parents are stupid instead of just the dad.

He pilot season also focused too much on Timmy and not enough on the parents, in my opinion.

>personal army
>implying that's not the general consensus here

Thanks, chief. The exodus from 2014 was one of the best things to happen to this site but, sadly, a lot of them came crawling back. Just like the exodus to 7chan. Newfags are annoying, I guess, but nobody shits up every board like users who never moved past 2007 and take the whole "internet hate machine" at face value.

Most of us don't care. Plus, I've been saying it for years, the Danny Phantom fanbase is one of the worst of any Nicktoon.

How is the fanbase, the worst

I personally loved these.

It actually got people killed.

>Danny Phantom fanbase
Why? That show was so dull. It was never exciting enough to be an action show but it was never funny enough to be a comedy. It was just there and suddenly it wasn't.

Also, of all the nerdy black characters, DP (heh) had my least favorite.

I'm guessing you mean the exodus to beyonder's Sup Forums? Yeah, it was a necessary thing, because the board moderation was absolute shit in the transition period between old moot and until gook moot reigned them in, people leaving in droves probably had something to do with that; unfortunately, a good portion of those people were really fucking cancerous to this board, brought their cancer to beyonder, fucked that place up, and came back here after it died, it's a never ending cycle.

>tfw I scared the hartmanfags off beyonder's Sup Forums with relentless jojoposting

If you follow Hartman's videos, his twitter, or any other online presence he had, the DP fans wouldn't shut the fuck up about him reviving the show, something that was probably beyond Hartman's control anyway. He eventually threw them a bone with those "future DP" youtube videos he did with those terrible character designs.

>Maddie became a feminist
>Jazz became a cripple instead of a ghost hunting Samus Aran

You mean sage downvoting and avatarfagging? Because that's 90% of what gets posted there. Either way, focus firing on a cartoon because of it's creator is truly brainlet status. I doubt for instance old school Fairly Oddparents can much for him and were probably wondering what the hell you were talking about.

Danny Phantom is great, why do you think it has a large fanbase especially on Fanfiction similar to Star Vs

Retard, the guy literally made a complicated chrischan style set of characters that were clear ripoffs of that bitch from Danny Phantom, and did it because in his mind he would turn into that ghost if he killed a bunch of people and would 'go ghost'

Don't worry, Sup Forumsmrade, once Jackie Sup Forums inevitably delets /r9k/, there'll be a new exodus. They'll most likely use internet necromancy to revive 16chan and then we'll have peace for about a month or two.
That's such a weird show to get hung up on. I never watched My Life As A Teenage Robot but, waifu-bait aside, it had a brilliant and unique art style. A lot of cult hit shows have one redeeming quality or another, but Danny Phantom was just so mild and subdued

One of the minor networks should hold a voting contest for which show to revive: Danny Phantom or Sonic SatAm. It would be like the LA riots all over again.

Which guy is this? I did a half assed search and got nothing. You don't have to look it up on Yahoo for me, I just need his name.

Randy Stair AKA Andrew Blaze, also a brony and a tranny.

That's actually a good fucking question. I'm guessing it's a combination of things like the high school setting, the dark and gloomy setting, and especially Danny/Vlad fujoshits.

Thank you.

>also a brony
oh.
>and a tranny
oh.

Are you guys sure that Danny Phantom was the driving force behind his revenge on Chad? I don't doubt thay it was a contributor but a tranny brony is not mentally sound. I don't go out of my way to shit on either demographic, but you can't deny that no normal person has ever been both.

Danny Phantom was his primary interest (MLP being secondary) with making dozens of palette swaps of Ember McLain and all. There's a thread on dubschan's /cow/ if you're interested.

Well, Star vs. is mostly popular because it's pure waifu bait. Danny is a decent husbando so I imagine that's the case. The writing in both is fine but not exactly groundbreaking, in my opinion.

Well it was a major catalyst since he had a belief he would be reborn as a female ghost for some reason.

I mean its not like its Butch's fault, its just a mentally unstable individual's delusions focused on something he made by chance.

I don't know why people are suddenly sucking his dick so hard. He made on hit or miss show that eventually fell into total mediocrity, a show that completely squandered its own potential because it couldn't decide if it wanted to be action or comedy, and a wholly mediocre comedy. It's not like he's bad, but lately people are treating him like he's some kind of cartoon messiah and it's seriously confusing me.

maybe you should do some fucking research because it 1000000% was because the whole point was for him to go out in a blaze and an hero himself so he could join his ghost alter egos in the afterlife where he will finally be a ghost girl

there's 17 hours of pre suicide footage literally everywhere on the internet rn

Going by fanfiction dot net's cartoon section the top cartoons are:

>Avatar: The Last Airbender (MUH ZUKO ANGST, shippable characters)
>Teen Titans (MUH RAVEN DADDY ISSUES, shippable characters)
>MLP (Self explanatory)
>Transformers/Beast Wars (I have no idea about this one)
>Danny Phantom (Danny/Vlad fujoshittery, shippable characters)

Star vs is way down the list, below Regular Show.

He comes off as a likeable person online, which goes a long way.

That being said, saying people treat him like a cartoon messiah.. I don't know where you got that impression from. He doesn't get bashed as hard because "Omg he worked with Seth and Family Guy is le bad!" that normie cartoon fans spew, but most people agree that he hasn't created any good cartoons in years and had a major hand in ruining FOP and DP with his hack writing.

Hey, cut me some slack, it's hard to keep up with all the mass shooters. I don't really feel like looking into him but it'll be interesting to see how the media covers a tranny cartoon addict shooter. I still remember the way so many channels got quiet when the Orlando shooter turned out to be a Muslim. Not like I'm a Sup Forumslack or anything.

On Sup Forums I'd say you're right, but elsewhere I've seen comments about what a genius creator he is and rambling about how he "changed the industry" somehow like he's some kind of Disney-tier figure. Granted I wouldn't be surprised if many of these people are underaged.

And yeah, he does seem like a really cool guy.

Well, I don't really follow many cartoon communities outside of here for that reason. If you're critical about any cartoon creator except for a universally despised one like Seth, you're liable to get banned, downvoted into oblivion etc.

Not that this place is any better sometimes, mind you, if you're too critical about Sugar or Genndy or another beloved cartoonist here, you're also liable to get banned or the equivalent of downvoting here those bait fish images.

Mmm, they're chewy!

It was barely any on national news. Part of it was the reason you said, a "white shooter" doesn't fly well when he is also a tranny, liberal, Trump hater, etc. But the bigger reason is probably because that other libshit trying to assassinate that congressman around the same time. Something like that is much bigger news than a bunch of wagecucks killing each other.

>Everyone yells
>Every joke is spelled out ahead of time
>Every character is a one-dimensional ass

It's shit.

>tripfag
>CNfag
>generalizations
It's filtered.

Seth gets a little too much hate. Not like I feel bad for him. But Alec Sulkin deserves way, way more threads. That edgy fucker is the biggest reason why Family Guy is so awful. He has all the cynicism of Trey Parker or Aaron McGruder or something, yet none of the intellect. So he just makes angsty, sophomoric garbage that tries to be satirical but has nothing to say.
>bait images are downvotes
This is so true that it tickles a little.
>too many shootings to properly cover them all
Oh what a time to be alive.

He doesn't let the jokes settle; they go too fast and never stick

Well, you're right... but you got the thread mixed up with one of the DC movie threads you post mostly in.

Good fucking god, his cartoons are obnoxious. I've never found them funny, it's literally just people yelling random phrases at the top of their lungs and screaming 90% of the time. And that fucking thick line art style is just horrendous.

Nick just needs to take Fairly Odd Parents and give it the Old Yeller treatment at this point.

Vicky was also way sexier in OY!C.

>Hartman shows can't be discussed at all anymore without someone bringing up Tranny Phantom

Fuck's sake people.

It'll pass eventually; the real problem is talking about Tootie or Trixie without getting nuked.

I never expected that someone who has been so successful in a tough industry to stay in to have such minimal technical drawing skill. He figured out a simplistic shape based canada tier drawing style and it's carried him for nearly two decades now, it's almost inspiring how far he got without trying hard at all.

So did anyone hear about new episodes of FOP being on nicktoons?

You try discussing them here and it either gets pruned or turns into a waifu slapfight.

I was just going to say how sending new episodes to nicktoons means that the show will be cancelled.

I stopped caring after they removed Tootie and Vicky and added even more Timmy's Dad and Crocker into every episode. When it's finally gone no one will even realize it.

No, they aren't oldfags, this is how the average Japanophile argue.

i can't find it, link?

2x4 see aij dot net /cow/

It was tired after a while, but I'll admit it was a unique way to get a cheap laugh. Some of them were pretty funny.