Homestuck Gripes

I know Homestuck has pissed of Sup Forums for various reasons, but this one just irks me to very soul.
Why is this black shelled father killer still alive when all this shit is said and done.

>Commits Omnicide
>Kills the parents/lovers of two young children
>kills children
>Ruins the entire quest
>Has the sexes with Ms. Paint

It's just not fucking fair, and he's not even the good one from the troll's reality, THAT GUYS DEAD. Killed for literally no reason.

Why Hussie do this Sup Forums?

dude ultimate selves lmao

Slick didn't deserve this.

>Why Hussie do this Sup Forums?
Because he hates all of us.

So he could have a excuse for why a character randomly got killed off

>It's just not fucking fair
Ever wonder how big Jade's red rocket is user?

Why does Hussie hate Jade?

What in the literal hades am I suppose to take away from this image?

At least come up with a consistent pasta for your bait.

I think Hussie basically just tried to subvert every aspect of conventional storytelling and it wound up being kind of a failed experiment. He essentially took the piss out of the audience for getting invested in the characters he created and it was a really bad move. As to Spades not being the only Jack to survive, which clearly seemed to be where things were headed, I don't think he fucked that up on purpose, I think was just spinning too many plates.

>Kills the parents/lovers of two young children
That sounds like he killed parents who were molesting their own children.

No, they were lovers. It was completely consensual.

Jade's a nuclear physicist, not an astrophysicist

I blame Nepeta for the PPG reboot

no fair

shipper trash please go

>shipper trash
said the nepetaposter

It is LITERALLY OKAY when Nepeta does it!

>Nepeta poster
>calling others trash and shippers
Oh the steely

Has Dave finally escaped the shit hair meme?

Yes, but Jade is now permanently brown as a result.

Nepeta was clubbed to death.

Just like the fate of all her fans!

Don't tempt me motherfucker. I've a Nepeta model all ready to go and I will make her fuck a horse if you step out of line.
Also at least I'm posting new art. You couldn't even bother to go through the latest in the tag,

¿Andrew? ¿Andrew Hussie? ¿Eres tu?

Andrew, no puedo y no voy a hacer esto más simple para usted.

Has fracasado en la vida. Fallaste. Cuando uno piensa en lo que el hombre es capaz, empujándose a los límites físicamente, mental y emocionalmente para alcanzar alturas de éxito nunca antes mencionadas, su nombre no será susurrado de la misma manera reverente que otros tienen.

Nadie recordará a Andrew Hussie. Usted ni siquiera es un encabezado o un pie de página en la carrera de alguien más. No eres nadie. Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

En resumen, usted es un fracaso enorme.

Andrew, siendo que tienes unos 35 años y tu cerebro probablemente se ha cableado a sí mismo para aceptar tales fracasos por ahora y anular esa crítica por ser "irreverente", realmente sugiere que has pasado allá del proverbial punto de ruptura . No hay marcha atrás. Esta es tu carrera, esto es lo que te define y esto es lo que defenderás hasta el final.

El abominable fracaso que es MS Paint Comics, Andrew Hussie, ese es tu legado.

Sin embargo, tal vez estoy sobrepasando. ¿Quién sabe? La gente PUEDE cambiar. Tal vez lea esto, Andrew, y piense largo y tendido acerca de lo que ha llevado una vida inútil. Tal vez usted piensa, "wow. Es increíble lo abismal y patético que realmente soy!" Tal vez levante algunos pesos por la mañana. Tal vez usted tome una clase de autoayuda.

Tal vez en un par de años, Andrew, habrá aprendido de este fracaso. Lo dudo, sin embargo.

Realmente lo dudo.

Ahora disculpe, tengo que trabajar en Bajocuento 2. Mi contador estima más de sesenta millones de dólares en ventas.

WE'RE COMMAND33RING THIS THREAD

Hiveswap's only on time when it's talking about the members of their team.

I think he's using the subversive excess to justify bad writing. That's what everyone does nowadays.

I remember back when Jade: Enter dropped and how he talked about how sometimes you need to play things straight.
Of course, Hussie back then actually had some semblance of ability, and that was back before Toby sucked him dry.

desu senpai I took way John was the only one with little to no development
then again this is based on headcanons somewhat

Jade had a full arc.
Tell me what John's arc was.

>clubbed to death
that's what happens when you party too hard

And when you're a useless character.

This is what a hate most about post modernism. Subverting established story conventions does not a good story make on it's own. You have to do it in a way that serves the plot.

Shit like Karkat's entire arc(all foreshadowing and no payoff) just make it seem like Hussie lost interest and copped out with "EXPERIMENTAL".

Jade is a shitty character, that's just your dick talking.

getting bossed around by girls

Stop avoiding the question.

but not in a hot way. Which just makes him disappointing.

There's a bunch of stuff that does things (bittersweet endings, subversive crap), but no other reason other than that's what is popular.
I'm beginning to think Hussie was never actually all that good at anything. His biggest success was ultimately reader-driven, his greatest skill was writing character interaction and he's too much of an impressionable nerd to stick to his guns.

It seemed like there was an overarching theme of a resolution and agency. John was showing an increasing frustration with just how passive his role was, and the increasing intangibility of his ties to the old world. There were lots of places Hussie could have taken it, but ironically, it was left without resolution.

>Why Hussie do this Sup Forums?

Breath.
Nothing.
Freedom.

photoshop his own arm? good question

>photoshop

He looks like the latest Hugh Jackman minus muscle. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding out in Mexico with a senile Ryan North.

Who's X23?

I wish this was photoshop

Joey. She's being hunted by Cohen who has a clone of old Huss named NuHuss chasing them down, and he has to get her to Canada safely.

I know, Hussie embracing modern media in Homestuck was just weird. Like defictionalization of the characters's furaffinity or blogs was fine, but when we started getting instagram and snapchat shit in the actual comic it felt like some committee somewhere thought that's what all the tweens were into.

It was the fact that it wasn't treated ironically or ridiculed. But post-retcon's general lack of cynicism and family-friendliness contrasted heavily with the rest of Homestuck.

He uh
Moved the oil and played the piano?

that's why a number of people felt like it was all ghost-written.
A comic where dialogue was based on ribbing and banter suddenly reading like an episode of an LGBT Get-Along Gang. It was an extremely jarring change for the people who actually read the comic.

I don't think it was ghost-written, because Hussie himself sounds suddenly very LGBT get-along gang. He said before he's easily influenced by the styles of others, and he's hanging out with the biggest pussies on the internet: webcomic authors.
It's no surprise his stuff would reflect that.

>and he's hanging out with the biggest pussies on the internet: webcomic authors.
But he's always done that

>holding tampons
why?

Yeah but recently there was this big push for them to all be superficially nice and inclusive to everyone.

All we know is that Rachel was at the very least involved in the creative process as early as Act 5.2 by her forum posts. The real question is if Hussie handed the reigns over to his inner circlejerk or if he was just manipulated by them to write what they wanted. I honestly think once his dad died he broke down and had his friends cover for him after the gigapause was going on for an abhorrent amount of time.

he's hoping it would stop his wallet from bleeding

Andrew Pussy

Either way he's too deep in now.

he has become a slave to the people he surrounds himself with

There's not enough people around for him to be in too deep. At most he'd cause three Davekat shippers to kill themselves. Admittedly that'd shrink the fandom by a significant percentage but still.

and he's trying to keep?

You mean Steven Universe staff?

>You couldn't even bother to go through the latest in the tag,
>assuming I use tumblr
>assuming I care about new art

God knows you don't care about character quality.

I wouldn't know since Homestuck was the final piece of media I consumed before swearing off tumblr-level garbage entirely.

I know Shelby wormed her way into Sugar's inner circle by marrying a storyboarder.

Keep what? He's clearly trying to wash his hands of Homestuck after he ruined his franchise and chances at anything. But joke's on him, he'll forever be the Homestuck guy.

>also literally fucked her way into WP to begin with
literally a talentless whore

up above in his head, instead of going under.

Basically. I bet she's somewhat kick herself that she fucked off from fucking Toby after his Undertale shit took off.

Don't be silly, whores get paid and thus contribute to the great economic wheel of progress.

Even normal Jack wasn't very redeemable. He killed and stabbed and was generally a gangster. You guys just liked him because he was entertaining, but none of the Jacks deserved to live.
Speaking of Jack though: What the fuck happened to any of them? WV and PM died off 5000 years ago or something? What the fuck is all that?

she couldn't handle his y chromosome

shelby definitely got paid, and definitely did not contribute to progression in any form

even her own art style regressed

I bet all of the WP people avoided saying davekat was their favorite ship to shield from all the people saying they forced it on Hussie.

>hades
fuck off, end it my dude

She's just trying to copy whatever is popular, which happens to be Steven Universe.

Tumblr is scary.

no don't

this is fucking horrifying
post more

you got a problem with my boi Hades?

How
How do people think this looks better

>you got a problem with my boi Hades?
You were using his name in vain and that is Unforgivable

It's different, therefore it's better.

It's kind of a reversal of how this normally works, in that usually when something is different, it's worse.

2015 vs 2016 calendar, by shelby too. I think this is worse because it was an actual product to sell.

>to gain a following I'd have to draw like this probably and often
>just wanna gain traction to do commissions and make people happy
t-that's ok. maybe this will faze out

not the same user that said it. understandable. Hades-bless and Hades-speed should be fine though

Why aren't you guys talking a8out the 8est character?

This is straight up bad even ignoring the awful anatomy and skin colors. There's just so much less depth.

Katnep is shit.

Agreed, he should sow his seeds in Aradia.