Would it be plausible to have a universe where the hero is loved by the people but hated by the media and the...

Would it be plausible to have a universe where the hero is loved by the people but hated by the media and the villain/antagonist gets the opposite treatment? Or is that too far fetched because the media's part of the people?

dark knight returns tpb kinda did that

Unless you have some world controlled by some shadowy cabal, it can't work.

Because (unlike what retarded Americans thing) the media has no control over the narratives they push. The media pushes the narrative that sells, which is the narrative that the people want to hear.

If the media pushes a narrative that the people don't want to hear, no one will consume the media, and the media becomes bankrupt.

Hence why you need a government or organisation bankrolling the loss of money due to the people not consuming the media.

It'd be interesting to see a hero who has to deal with biased media coverage against him/her go up against a false hero who wants the other hero dead because his/her good deeds are making the false one look bad to the point where the media hype can't save his/her reputation.

Explain current Marvel comics and Ghostbusters then?

Ahem. Carol from Marvel.

But user, we've already had that in the real world.
It was called the 2016 US presidential elections.

Why is OH DESIRE bird so pure?

I dunno what you're talking about.

Trump didn't win thanks to his popularity. He just got lucky with the system. The majority of Americans dislike Trump.

Ghostbusters bombed at the box office, and comics are a dying medium in general, although Marvel has had especially bad sales these recent years.
Plus, SJWs are a (niche) market, so some of the public's still consuming tumblr-bait.

>implying the media was in favour of any of the two
The only thing the media cares about is ratings, and the profits.

This is why Americans should just all be killed off. Literally retarded. Learn how media works before you talk shit.

Ben 10 did a little of that, where Ben had loads of adoring fans, but still wound up getting tarred and feathered by the media. It wasn't really a main plot point, but it showed up frequently enough I suppose

What are you fucking on about, you retarded /x/ cunt?

They're not part of the media, they're companies selling product.

It's a manga, but Berserk does exactly that. The villain is literally a knight in shining armor, considered a hero by his people, the protagonist considered a murderhobo at best, a dangerous psycopath at worst.

>Unless you have some world controlled by some shadowy cabal, it can't work.
...which happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME in comics.

The most obvious time this happens is when you have a toalitarian government, where evil controls the media. It used to happen much more back in the 80's when Pravada was a thing.

>...which happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME in comics.
But it never happens for long. Status quo is a bitch.

Donald Trump kinda did that.

The devil decrees that for this universe to work, it's best to have degrees of how much the hero/villain is loved/hated by the media.

ie. Some love them, some hate them, all for their own reasons.

Robocop 3 kinda did that.

>It'd be interesting to see a hero who has to deal with biased media coverage against him/her
Spider-man

What about a comic in which a crazed propaganda spewing moron is easily manipulated the less educated through fear mongering and lies?
Oh look, someone was ignorant to bite on the obvious bait. Shocking.

Kinda. It was one newspaper doing that though.

No he didn't.

It tends to coincide with the political cycle.

Thinking this further, this is the type of story you're telling.

Something like the X-men wouldn't work, becuause they want to focus too much on the discrimination.

First the hero is a hero of the people. So robin hood, commie stories, popular rebellions.

Second, there has to be a separation between the media and the people. Either government run, or class differnces, or racial differnces or something. I disagree with OP. The media is actually generally NOT representatitive of the people.

>What about a comic in which a crazed propaganda spewing moron is easily manipulated the less educated through fear mongering and lies?
I know you're meming, but this ALSO happens all the fucking time.

I'd say he won by a slim margin because nobody really wanted either Trump or Hillary but you can only have one winner in the end.

Hilary got the "popular" vote by a small margin of less than half the population. So Trumps popularity is less than 25% of the country.

And that only proves that the popular vote means fuck all. And that's probably a good thing. You don't want someone who's worse than Trump or Hillary somehow winning the popular vote to win the presidency.

>You don't want someone who's worse than Trump or Hillary

They're not planning on fucking are they? Only way I could see the creation of someone worse is if those two fuck.

>good thing
>literal manchild in the white house

I mean, it's good for Europe. We're taking back our place in the world. But if the USA doesn't get its shit together fast, they'll end up like Russia, a brain-dead WE-WUZ-SUPERPOWER.

>I mean, it's good for Europe. We're taking back our place in the world

>Theresa May, Macron and Angela Merkel wants to destroy the internet as we know it.

>Turning a blind eye from the elephant in the room regarding how they handle terrorists

>Labour's version of Trump gaining grounds in the UK.

The world is a shitshow.

UK isn't part of Europe anymore. That cancerous shit island is now part of Trump's cancerhole.

The early Ditko/Kirby Spider-Man touches on this quite a bit.

It's called real life, perhaps you've heard of it.

I'd pour one to the kerb for you when Europe's basketcase economy finally collapses, but it's a sin to waste good Scotch.