Jonah Hex/Yosemite Sam Special #1 Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFw8iTJZg3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh Hell yeah. This one really warmed my cockles. Especially that one panel...

>Jimmy Palmiotti

Winslow.jpg

I love this fucker.
I love this fucker so much.

Fuck, I like how all Looney tunes issues have been great (kinda on the fence on getting WW tho since it was kinda meh.)

Well this is unexpected. Maybe it'll be the first of these that doesn't suck.

The Wonder Woman issue was the only one where the second story was better than the first.
They really nailed the zany cartoon vibe of an actual Loony Toons short.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't get at least a little flack from the usual suspects.

Oh, fuck you, Palmiotti. Fuck you. What gives you the right to tug this hard on my heartstrings. Motherfucker.

>first panel
Ha!

Judge user's waifu died?

I want a Yosemite Sam in my life to coddle me and call me a big sweet ugly old idiot :(

Posting music:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFw8iTJZg3I

Have Two-Face and Hex ever fought via the usual time-travel shenanigans?

Nah, since Hex still has the scar, that means this story happens before he went to the future and came back. So in New52 continuity, it is most likely happening somewhere between Hex and Tallulah parting ways in Gotham and Hex being flung into the future.

Wait Hex is in the future now? Haven't been reading that much Jonah Hex stuff tbqh the last Hex story i read was the one where Tallulah's kid got killed.

New fag here. What happened to his gal?

Nah, he went to the future, had some adventures, got his face surgically reconstructed, then was taken back to the past where he met Tallulah again.
So yeah, this story could well be happening somewhere between the issue you read and the end of the run.

Nope, he made it back.
It was basically a storyline that made reference/retelling of the HEX storyline.

Although truncated due to getting notice of cancellation.

Good ending

Some really, really, really nasty shit. Read Jonah Hex V2 issue 50 if you want all the gory details. It did have a happy ending in the New52 All-Star Western run, tho'.

Really not digging this art.

>Gun makes Fathoomm sound effect
Fun

What issue was him being sent to the future? might take a look at it. Thanks Judge and Dave.

>Foghorn leghorn on the shotgun.
if only this wasn't a one time event. it's too much fun.

...Is this story in the same continuity as the other...???

The Wonder Woman and Wile E Coyote stories did that too.

NOW THAT'S, I SAY, NOW THAT'S A NURSE!!!

It was a planned but cut episode of Brave and the Bold.

The arc itself started in issue 19 of All-Star Western. Though the whole run's pretty worth reading, even if it's not as good as V2.

>last panel
I like to think Hex has a soft spot for some innocent antics with old buds.

The other special was storytimed here in case you missed it.

I preferred the first art style, but this worked for a short as well. hope they do more stuff like this for a while.

Green Arrow/Section 8 Crossover when?

Much appreciated, OP.

Damn, that's one way to go

>baff
Based

>you asking to marry me
Fuck me laugh too hard.

I'll have to say those two were fine gentlemen and a pleasure to work with.
Definitely would like to see them again.

Subjective opinion masked as fact on Sup Forums during the summer? Shocking you faggots still show up.

You would think Jonah would have known about the Miami tribe.

God, I love these crossovers.

isn't this the last of the looney tunes crossover comics?

based Yosemite Sam

I've never read Jonah Hex before, because I'm not fan of westerns. Is it good?

It's excellent. The classic Fleisher run is one of the best DC comics of the 70s and the Palmiotti/Gray run was one of the best of the mid 00s, showcasing a shitton of awesome artists with short, usually done-in-one stories covering a ton of genres. There's also a handful of Vertigo weird west minis by Tim Truman that are also grand. Basically, you can't go wrong with Hex.

That's not a cobra

Okay. I do like some pulp characters, so I'll try to be open for some new genres.

Didn't Fleisher also wrote THAT infamous Spectre short run? If yes, then okay, I'll really have to dl hex

Yep, Wrath of the Spectre.
Fleisher didn't create Hex, but he took over his original writer, John Albano, really early in the title. And from there he spent the better part of like two decades basically chronicling the shit out of Hex's life. It's one of the best creator runs on a character, although some of it can be a bit dated. Plus, there's a ton of awesome artists in there, like Tony DeZuñiga, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, etc.

The Palmiotti/Gray run, Volume 2, is a lot more modern and benefits from yet another fuck awesome line-up of artists, including a ton of euro dudes like Jordi Bernet. Just great episodic stuff, super easy to pick up and read.

>starts downloading
>over 200 issues
okay, that's going to be a looong read
I mean, I do recognize the name "Jonah Hex", and I remember that there was also some marvel/dc amalgam (Generation Hex?), but for some reason I've never bothered to try it.

In many ways he seems to be this typical anti-hero, a little like Punisher. We'll see.

Oh yeah, he's got a shitton of Punisher to him. If you'd like a good starting point, V2 issue 1 is the best modern place to start. If you'd like to go old school, just start from Weird Western Tales and make your way up from there. Don't be afraid to just jump in anywhere though. There's not a lot of issue-to-issue continuity in either of the big Hex runs.

This is amazing

I will probably start with Weird Western Tales.
The good art is certainly a good selling point
>inb4 writerfags

I missed this motherfucker so much

Tony DeZuñiga is really fucking good. I got lucky and scored the DC Showcase volumes in B&W and his inks are amazing.

Such a joy to see him back.

Absolutely based

>Nope
kek

Why is this so good

Who's this supposed to be? The chickenhawk?

Scratch that, I'm retarded