Batman vs Shadow

What the actual FUCK is going on here?
Are you really allowed to fuck around with a continuity this much just for a one-time crossover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBnO9dw3n6A
pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Arrow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bla Bla Alternate Universes Bla Bla

Besides Arrow I don't recognize any of those

>telling snyder what he is allowed to do
LMAO

Storytime ?

to be fair, the Shadow's power of hypnosis would allow him to train people then have them forget him or replace him with someone else in their memory

did the new one come out today? is there a storytime?

do it in a separate thread

>Miss Fury and Woman in Red in DC continuity
Sweet!
>Offed off-screen
Shit!

>still no storytime

We are 3 for 3 with someone posting a page from the issue and complaining about it, but not actually storytiming it.

>monthly shill thread which doesn't include a story time.

Who would have thought?

Give me a few minutes and I'll storytime it

Should I do it in this thread or another one ?

this thread. just to piss the shill off.

Okay everyone, it's time to find out what evil lurks in the hearts of bats
youtube.com/watch?v=PBnO9dw3n6A

The Shadow, Lamont Cranston, a man of wealth, a student of science, and a master of other people's minds, devotes his life to righting wrongs, protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty...

Cranston is known to the underworld as The Shadow - never seen, only heard... The Shadow's true identity is known only to his constant friend and aide, Miss Not-Appearing-In-This-Issue Margo Lane.
These dramatizations are designed to demonstrate to the young and old alike that crime does not pay.

tranny joker?

Sale cover has to shit on this.

And, oh, does it.

why does Snyder always make joker so gay? Is it his way of saying gay people are degenerate?

Snyder has a hard-on for Joker as a faggy edgelord

I really don't like seeing The Shadow unmasked completely.
But I'm glad I got to see him at least interact with Alfred a bit

There was an episode from the radio show called "The Immortal Murderer" where The Shadow fought Cain, or at least someone claiming to be him.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be the same guy since that Cain died at the end of the episode.

DId Snyder make Shadow's ultimate villain be that puppet dude from Naruto?

>The Shadow - never seen, only heard
That's the exact fucking opposite of a shadow.

I'm curious as to why he couldn't use Shiwan Khan instead of making up a new enemy entirely.
I guess Khan always gets the spotlight when there is a Shadow adaptation but he's kind of retconning The Shadow's history by shoving the Stag in there as if he was always a part of it.

The weed of crime...bears bitter fruit. Crime does not pay.
The Shadow knows...mmmha ha ha ha ha ha ha hah

And that's it everyone.

Yeah I don't understand that either. Or Nazis. Besides, he's also retconning how they've worked together over the years but with The Shadow/Lamont being pretty old then. Though Batman was pretty ignorant as to why an old rich white dude happened to appear in the same, middle-of-nowhere town as a drug smuggling ring. In a desert.

>Batman becomes the next Shadow

...ergo...Ben Affleck is Alec Baldwin?

Joker has always been gay you raging homofaggot

He wants the dick

It's been a while I read it but if I recall The Shadow was not supposed to be old in that issue, just the same age he's always been.
There are plenty of interpretations of The Shadow that speculate he is immortal to some extent, this one just seems to be running with it as a plot point to explain why a vigilante from the 30s can interact with a (supposedly modern time) Batman.

Well, Alec Baldwin was one of the original casting choices for Batman 89.

Welcome to me reading All-Star Batman.
>Snyder brought back Tigershark and the Golden Age Blackbeard, sweet!
>offed off-panel by a generic Sixth Gen video game design tacticool ninja spymaster

Why do we always have this fucking thread

Is Snyder just being Snyder or is he a really big Shadow fan, because it seems to me that three issues in Batman has done nothing but act like a complete ninny.

That's actually kinda stupid

>Batman will become the next Shadow

Suddenly it all makes sense

Probably Snyder just being Snyder

Isn't Cain actually Vandal Savage in DC history, with Sandman Cain existing as the physical embodiment of the first murderer, the concept of murder itself?

Oh look magpies in the back, I thought she was dead

It seems there are multiple characters supposed to be Cain across DC history.
It says in the wiki that Vandal Savage was the inspiration for Cain, but this conflicts with the existence of Cain, Sire of All Vampires and Sandman Cain, not to mention this new character (although I'm not sure if this crossover is supposed to take place in the main universe)

Can anyone name all of those? Is that Batwoman up top?

Is this Loss

The Reaper!
He was basically The Shadow-as-foe to Batman like Bane - Doc Savage and Ra's Al Ghul - Fu Manchu

No, that's Miss Fury.

>Zebra Man

I heard this crossover was somehow canon, but it can't be with Ollie dead, right?

The ones I regonize from top to bottom, left to right:
>Miss Fury
>Woman in Red
Don't know
>Green Arrow
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know :^)
>Crimson Fox
>The Reaper
Don't know
>Acro-Bat

>He was basically The Shadow-as-foe to Batman
I thought that was supposed to be Hush, with the Darkman references and all

I'm sorry but at what point did Batman get a giant undersea lair complete with giant fucking Adam West bat logo plastered clearly on the front? Also shouldn't he do something about those dead bodies floating in the harbor?

>always
No, he hasn't, my underage friend.

The one left of Green Arrow is the original Whip.

This is not even in continuity, dude

Does anyone recognize the big green guy next to Zebra-Man, the girl next to Magpie, the guy with the dogs, or the guy next to Wrath?

>>Miss Fury and Woman in Red in DC continuity

Might be more like Batman/Shadow continuity; I don't think it's continuity with New 52/Rebirth Batman.

I think Orlando is the one who decided to use The Stag. I'm pretty sure it was him who created The Stag in the Annual.

Top looks like Miss Fury. Probably since this is also a crossover with Dynamite they decided to throw in a few nods to the public domain characters that Dynamite's been using.

Okay so:

>Miss Fury
>Woman in Red
>Golden Age Whip
>Green Arrow
>???
>???
>Batman
>Crimson Fox
>The Reaper
>Flying Fox?
>Acro-Bat

Also come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't use Arrow instead of Green Arrow:

pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Arrow

Maybe that's who it was meant to be and the artist got them mixed up. It does seem odd to have Ollie there before Batman and with The Shadow saying that he's dead. Maybe someone should ask Snyder or Orlando.

Well the Reaper and Flying Fox predate Batman in DC continuity; on that page they're placed after Batman's panel.

All things considered and with all the baggage that comes with Snyder... well being Snyder I think this is by far the best version of The Shadow in comics in basically decades. Dynamite by and large hasn't done him justice at all but here he's really portrayed as weird, frightening, actually mysterious and otherworldly and not simply a stock noir-era guy with guns. I really wonder what this series means for him in the public eye?

I'd reserve judgement for when the run is over. I'm still expecting Snyder to fuck it up somehow in the finale. And I'd argue that Matt Wagner's comics are much superior to this one.

But yeah, I have to agree. If there's one positive thing I can say about this comic is that it's doing justice to The Shadow's characterization. I'm so glad this isn't another team-up but instead an exploration of where Batman and The Shadow differ. Out of all versions of the character in recent years this one comes close to depicting his character as he was in the Walter Gibson pulps, a standard which no one has been able to live up to.

>I really wonder what this series means for him in the public eye?
I don't think it's going to change much. The Shadow has been out of public eye for a long time now and I don't think this is going to change this status.
There's a new ongoing coming up by Si Spurrier though.

Also is the character next to Miss Fury actually The Shadow or another character?

bumping to read

Decent cover.

Best cover.

what in the fuck?

OK cover.

does snyder write the worst joker ever?

well shit

Thanks, OP.

I don't think the Shadow is a character that can be successfully adapted to a modern audience, it's just too classic and out of touch. It doesn't work well out of the 1930s urban setting.

The Shadow has never been strictly confined to a 1930s urban setting. He's a globethrotter super spy, a lot of his adventures take place in other settings. And there's plenty of great Shadow stories that take place beyond the 30s, like Hitler's Astrologist.

I agree that removing him from the 30s/40s is dangerous, mostly because of how iconic the aesthetic is to the character and because of how you would miss the central noir appeal and cultural context, but it doesn't mean he can't be adapted to a modern audience. The pulps still hold up, the character still has distinct qualities even amidst the sea of copycats, and you can still tell great stories with the elements given. Tim Burton's Batman and Batman TAS preserved Batman's noir aesthetic and the 40s elements without specifically forcing Batman in those time periods. Something like this could be done for The Shadow.

Joker is such a forced asspull in this story when Ras would fit 100 times better. Does Snyder just have a compulsion or what?

>does Snyder have a compulsion or what ?
Is this the first time you've heard of Scott Snyder ?

>I think no matter what, he'd come back. It's impossible to think of Batman without the Joker. He's sort of his dark twin.
>Believe me, I really feel Joker is the greatest villain of all time.

He just can't help himself.

bump for reading

bumping for others

sometimes art arts too much

wat.

bumping for this guy

I want to see Rossmo on the eventual Tom King Scarecrow arc.