So the Greg Rucka run is over. What did you think of it?

So the Greg Rucka run is over. What did you think of it?

Personally, I felt the last issue tied everything up a little bit too neatly. There are no consequences now.

It was boring.

I liked it a lot. Didn't love it like I love his first run. But Year One alone was worth him coming back.

So did anything ever come about that part in the Rebirth issue where Wonder Woman sees all of her various inconsistent origins?

I loved a lot of it, but didn't really care for year one. I can see why they chose Morrison over him.

>I can see why they chose Morrison over him
huh?

It turned out every time she had visited Themyscira before it had been an illusion meant to keep her content. In reality, Themyscira had been off-limits because Ares was being contained there. So Azarello's murderous amazons are no longer canon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Greg was originally promised Earth One, but they gave it to Grant. I imagine it was the exact same story.

> Superb & sympathetic Cheetah portrayal, EXACTLY how she needs to be in the Dceu.
> Cale was also well done.
> Liam Sharp's precise hyper detailed art was a absolute godsend after the bare minimum work of Cliff Chiang & the detailed but generic & inconsistent work of David Finch. He did for WW what Coipel & Ribic did for Thor.
> Nicola Scott put in decent work but IMO some of her worst work I have seen. Her tenancy to draw Jew nose was more noticeable then in previous work. Coloring on many of his pages in particular was poor.
> Bilquis Evely put in decent to fully damn good work, got notably better as the book went on.
> I liked the slow pace once I accepted that was what it was going to be.
> Didn't like the portrayal of the gods, especially compared to Azz's run.
> Didn't like Diana not being bulletproof. It makes her even slapping beings like Superman or Doomsday out of the question or her bones would shatter.

Yup, that's the sitch.

It was boring.

It wasn't good.

What about the rest of Azz's run? Did it happen? Is she still a daughter of Zeus?

No. All the better too.

Is it really though?

Claybaby again?

Yup.

Jason is still in play. He's tied to the Zeus origin. Also the movie has made Zeus daddy the most well known origin. It's the origin she has in DC Superhero Girls. It's the origin they've tried to make canon for years. It's going to be her origin for the foreseeable future.

No. CBR was retarded enough to think that but Rucka never confirmed Zeus as her father was a lie.
Wrong. Cite the exact page. Also explain how her twin brother Jason still exists and is appearing in an upcoming arc.

So it's still a bit of a mystery?

Assume until otherwise that Zeus is her father. I guarantee you that after the movie made it her origin, that's the one DC will stick with. We've got a story coming up with her brother titled Children of the Gods. Everything points to Zeus as her father staying canon.

Actually, I think it's one the best things to come out of Azzarello's run (which was great all around to me). It helps to make sense of her powers compared to the rest of the Amazons and also gives more reasons for the other Gods to have a special relationship with her, either friendly or antagonistic.

It matters as little as anything else the next writer will just pave over it like usual.

Pretty much, yeah. At least Azzarello made some shit that actually stuck but the writer after him just had to fuck it all up.

I hope it's not Zeus but another god oder maybe even a titan. Someone that Zeus despised. I can't stand Zeus, he's an asshole. That could be the source of a new conflict against some of the gods (with Athena on WW side).

Just saying

>I can't stand Zeus, he's an asshole.
Every Greek god is an enormous asshole, dude.

Let's say, the most.
And Zeus is the biggest jerk. I mean he is the king of those jerks.

I would like to see Diana being the daughter of another god, thats all.

But it makes more sense because Zeus would fuck any women he want and had semi-god bastard children all over the place.

I liked it... It cleaned up the damages from the Finches run and left the door open for new writers

I just wish that DC went in a better direction for the post-Shea issues...

But that's why it's also boring.
And no suprise at all that she has a brother (even if he is her twin) because she already has a ton of siblings and some of them are half-gods like her.

>But that's why it's also boring.

Clay baby is boring too. As is the special snowflake endowed with special powers by nearly the entire Greek pantheon since birth origin.

Never said I wanted the claybaby origin. Just another god or titan as father instead of Zeus.

Which makes no sense since why would they do that? It's not like she would have freed Ares. Or she would have gone against the Amazons. Or the Amazons wouldn't have trust her to keep him locked up. Or the gods couldn't do it themselves. It's not like they are doing anything. They are just following Diana in animal form like she's a Disney princess. They seemingly had no lives of their own.

Christ, this run sucked.

I like how the rest of the world likes Azz's origin. It's a huge middle finger to the anti-Azz fanboys.

The idea was that she would have unknowingly lead someone there who wanted to free Ares or that some mind reader could find their way there using what she knows. If she doesn't know anything then they can never find it. It's needlessly in-depth and a stupid retcon but it's not illogical

>The sitch...

All this cucka love...are you faggots from Scans daily or some shit?

I'm sorry Jim, he has zero taste

Fucking comic book fans.

What?

It kindof is, isn't it? I mean, aside from the cartoon and Lynda Carter, does anything from Rucka's run carry thru? I think Cale was in the cancelled live show.

Lame.

>But that's why it's also boring.
How would it be less boring by having any other God be her father? And being Zeus, it also gives her a whole bunch of relations with other characters from the Greek pantheon as well as newly created superpowered characters, like Azz did during his run.
How would it be improved by having her be the daughter of Apollo or whatever?

why has there never been a Wonder Woman Adventures where she just has a bunch of fun, inconsequential stories with more space pirates and talking animals

Prometheus as her father.

And how would that be more interesting than Zeus being it?

Do you know the story of Prometheus?
The relationship between him and Zeus?
The relationship between him and humanity?
That's why!

Literally the only difference between that and curent zeus is Prometheus would be closer to his myth.

I don't see any major differences, since by the time he could've spawned WW, Zeus and Prometheus would've been friends again.

Well that's the thing why I like the idea more. I want Zeus to be a jerk, an antagonist and not a friend of humanity or the creator of it. He should be an arrogant god who never forgives.
Also it's a nice way to start a conflict with WW.
After the all the torture, I don't think so

A fair reason but by that logic amazons should worship ares. We shouldnt be selective on which parts of the myth we want to follow. Change it up or stick with it.

Or better we can't. DC and their writers are the ones who'll decide what her origin will be and what part of the myth is canon in the comics and what isn't.

Still I can't stand it if Zeus isn't an antagonist.

>Still I can't stand it if Zeus isn't an antagonist
Being her dad doesn't bar him from playing that role since he is a huge prick.

>After the all the torture, I don't think so
I think it's you who doesn't know the story of Prometheus then. They end up in friendly terms.

Boring. The new origin was unoriginal and felt like a bland version of Earth One. Also a lot of self wank.

b-but, user, rucka is a good writer, i swear

Are there any examples of writers who had great runs and then came back to the same character(s) and kept up that level of quality? It always seems like you can never match up with what you had.

Not in all myths.
There are different ones and in one Herakles pities him and freed him from that mountain. But to remind him to never anger Zeus again he keeps a part of the chain that bounded Prometheus on the mountain onto te titans wrist with a part of the mountain as pendant as a kind of humiliation.
And no friendly terms with Zeus till the end.

>CBR WW plebs in a nutshell

Azz was middle of the line as his run had some of the same problems with how it ended, but atleast is did something different. any sane comic reader putting this run as top of the pack or above Perez, Jimenez or even Simone's bore fest run needs to wipe his semen off their faces.

Remember the Nazi's trying to take over Themyscira? Cause I still can't believe that happened.

I retconed that memory from my brain user, along with finch run

*the

> Didn't like Diana not being bulletproof.
Does she have a healing factor to compensate? I mean she took a couple of rounds through and through but kept on fighting after the initial pain reaction.

This run was trash. For a run meant to clarify, it did nothing but confuse. It gave us a few good characters, like a good version of Cheetah, but not enough for some of the flat-out ridiculous versions of others. And it committed the cardinal sin of any comic book run: it was boring. Seriously, nearly every issue was a snoozefest. I can't wait for someone who DOESN'T creepily waifu Diana to take the reins of Wonder Woman and actually get us back to putting her in compelling stories where shit takes place.

I jerked off to Wondie a bunch of times, so that's something

Wonder Woman is pure and loves everything, user. She's perfect and not meant to be imperfect.

>She's meant to be a Mary Sue

Shit logic like this is why WW's mythos is a dumpster fire

Exactly, she has the same issues as Superman except Superman doesn't get his character re-written every run.

Fuck you for not like Chiang. It's like hating on Bruce Timm or Cooke. I know people have different taste but yours is bad. Cooke was right the average person really doesn't understand the subtleties of Cliffs art style.

Chiang is great but he doesn't do a good looking Wonder Woman.

He does a distinctive Wonder Woman. I think it looks fine. It's in his style, so you know what you're getting into. Plus the costume is great, especially the decision to shift the colors.

would have been better with more Cho covers

Superman must've gone through more reboots and character changes than wonder woman.

This was just like Claremont's return.

In that it failed to live up to the original

Loki and Ares shouldn't have horns

Par for the course for Rucka.

it's actually hilarious that Lobdell's Artemis is a better WW than Rucka's current Diana. What a difference it makes when you focus on actual progression.

As with most modern comics, decompression and overplanning killed what could have been a great run. The ingredients are all there. If Year One and Lies/Truth had been separate instead of every other week this book would already be twice as good. Now take out some of the do-nothing plot points (Diana in a mental asylum for two issues? The fuck was that about?), drop in some more superheroics (that shaggy man fight was like drinking cold sweat in Death Valley), and by god figure out what to do with the supporting cast and this comic would have soared.

I think it was editorial not wanting to tread on Rucka's toes that lead to this fuckery. This is a highly-visible relationship with DC and they didn't want to get in his way.

Jason and Artemis are adorable together.