How id the Captain Underpants film turn out? Didn't see it yet but I really enjoyed the books and the humor they had...

How id the Captain Underpants film turn out? Didn't see it yet but I really enjoyed the books and the humor they had. Movie keep the same type of humor and spirit or was it trash?

It was alright and the art and animation was great. Recommend if you enjoy the books

>but I really enjoyed the books and the humor they had
You're going to love the movie. Go out to a theater and see it when you can.

They did a good job

does it still have a chance to beat Wonder Woman

was that made by the studio who did CGI Asterix?

In what direction are they looking?

This was my first exposure to anything Captain Underpants related.

Poopypants was the best character by far.

Also he did nothing wrong.

I don't understand why this meme was even started. The people who decided to release this movie the same time as a major superhero movie wanted it to fail. Feels bad, Dav Pilkey

To be fair, DC hadn't been performing the best with their recent movies.
Based on data trends, it seemed like a safe bet.

maybe it wont be box office hit, but having a movie based on your own creation, must feel frekaing awesome. especially when you supervised it!

how many people had such luck?

That wasn't a safe bet at all. Suicide Squad's failure wasn't gonna be enough to make people wanna see a toilet humor-based kids movie instead of a superhero movie with an inspiring female lead. Most people can't even tell it's not a Marvel movie.

There was a comic he made for the art book that was really sweet. Anybody have it?

1/3

2/3

3/3

my emotions

My mom used to read it to me when I was little so I took her to see it yesterday
Better than most of the usual stuff they call "animation" these days

would be nice if they released it outside the US

It didn't fail, it did pretty well considering how cheaply they made it.

>Budget $38 million
>Box office $71.9 million

>poland
>21st july

of course it's going to be dubbed, but what can we do, it's a kids movie.

I have a feeling most of the people who watched the movie were adults who grew up reading the comics.

It will be released outside of the US. Britbongistan is sheudled for 28th July, Germany for 19th October.

good on you Pilkey, and good on you Dreamworks

Definitely just as much silly fun as the books were. I feel they made Poopypants a bit less interesting than his book counterpart but that was my only real complaint.

Yes it ends on a "here we go again"

I saw it. Not a perfect film but the art was beautiful and it was a nostalgatrip