WONDER WOMAN SURPASSED MAN OF STEEL WORLDWIDE REACHING THE BOX OFFICE OF 668.7 MILLIONS

WONDER WOMAN SURPASSED MAN OF STEEL WORLDWIDE REACHING THE BOX OFFICE OF 668.7 MILLIONS

WONDER WOMAN IS THE BIGGEST MOVIE EVER WITH A FEMALE DIRECTOR AS WELL SURPASSING KUNG FU PANDA 2

twitter.com/GiteshPandya/status/880111668474376195

Has Sup Forums ever been more BTFO?

>SM x WW

I'm triggered

Good. Good movies deserve to make money. Hopefully DC will learn something going forward about how to make someone actually look like a superhero.

That pic is garbage but okay

Hoping it outdoes BvS and SS

It has a chance to surpass all cbm origin movies.

oops, updated

That should probably be adjusted for inflation

In 2017 dollars Spiderman would have made about 550 million

it's already beaten BvS domestically

*suicide squad

Too bad the movie still needs to make another 300 million to break even.

The DCEU is dead.

Man of Steel is the 3rd highest opening weekend for a Superhero origin. That to me says two things:

1. Man of Steel would've had a fucking great lifetime gross if it wasn't divisive.
2. "People don't care about Superman" is bullshit.

He would easily make a 800 millions with an avarege reception from critics.

Hell if he had the "best capeshit since tdk" hype that wodner woman got he would be probably close to one billion

She surpassed Batman begins as well.

Begins suffered from batman and robin movie infamy, no one had faith in batman movies at the time

The budget was 149 million, can you not do math?

Marvel made bank with B-listers.
DC has the bigger characters. Not even an argument.
The success of WW really put things in perspective, how royally the previous movies fucked up.

is the "dceu needs to make X to break even" meme.

To be fair the fucked everything with their Hulk movie, their second most iconic hero.

Meme culture is too advanced for me

won't go much higher

it's already dead overseas

it'll be out of theaters by Friday

I can only accept this if she offers him to Batman and they both have their way with Supes.

Does it need to go much higher?

I think we can safely say Wonder Woman is a big check in the W column for DC.

It's about time the DCEU stopped trying to tell Marvel Comics stories and started telling DC stories.

If we adjusted for inflation the chart would stay static and we couldn't cheer and boo it like a sport.

It will most likely surpass 700 millions by sunday

I don't understand that comment. DCEU movies so far haven't been Marvel stories.

>It's about time the DCEU stopped trying to tell Marvel Comics stories and started telling DC stories.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember coming to Sup Forums talking about how bad man of steel was but only getting shit by dcucks saying that there wasn't anything wrong with it, that I was marvel shiller and couldn't comprehend the deep meaning of neck breaker.

Now a woman movie by woman protagonist that can't act has beaten the most iconic, most emblematic american superhero movie there ever was.

Fitting.

The thing is the other Hulk made basically the same amount of money. You have two different movies, one more divisive and word-y, the other more digestible and action packed, but the results were the same. I guess people know Hulk but don't care that much about him

>Yeah, he gets mad and turns green, whatever

Yeah, I'm not trying to discredit the movie but in my local theater it's gone to make space for newer ones, yet Pirates was still around at the same time

Although that was like 2 weeks ago

Your theater needs new direction,WW is still making more money than cars 2 by day, is a very leggy movie

*cars 3

To be fair it's kinda small, only two rooms. Clearly the guy selects according to how many tickets he sold personally, not dictated by general popularity. GitS also didn't stick for long

_cinematic

I wonder if superman will be surpassed by all future DCEU movies

matrix 2 did way more than that and it was directed by two sisters.

>Marvel made bank with B-listers
And what are their A-listers? X-Men, Fantastic 4, Spiderman, Hulk? Congrats on not owning the rights to your best characters Marvel.

Good for it?

Man of Steel was kinda shitty. BvsS was pure , undilluted crap. So, if WW is a good film... great?

I reeealy donĀ“t see the issue

No one ever expected to WW to get a bigger box office than Superman and at this rate it could be a way bigger box office than MoS

>WONDER WOMAN IS THE BIGGEST MOVIE EVER WITH A FEMALE DIRECTOR

I didnt know this, taking a peek on imdb it looks like she did monster and a bunch of TV stuff

I wonder if this will lead to her doing more big movies

>forgetting the marketing costs

moron

>BvS, MoS and SS were filled with famous actors and fan favorite comic heros, villains and supporting characters
>people are flocking more to see Gal, Captain Kirk, Etta Candy, Ares and waifu Poison

That's one hell of a cold bucket.

>love DC
>still haven't seen it because of SS
I'm still mad

with a solo female director.
a woman co-directed Frozen.

What went wrong with Catwoman and Electra anyway?

>a woman co-directed Frozen.

and i was horrible

also original, female, director was kicked out from Brave.

Took me a second to realize you meant Suicide Squad.

Marvel doesn't even trust a solo female to direct Captain Marvel, they got her a male co-director who will take all the blame if it's bad, but she'll get all the credit if it's good.

*It was horrible

That movie would be gazillion times better if Elsa stayed a villain.
But then she wouldn't be as marketable.

Elektra was aggressively dull. Catwoman was aggressively stupid.

Seriously, Catwoman isn't even really a thief, she gets magic cat powers from Bast or something, her cop boyfriend is too stupid to figure out obvious clues that she's Catwoman, and the villain's plan is to use toxic face cream to make people ugly because she's in her 40s and not spokesmodel material anymore.

Seriously with that last one? Really? Fuck you. Oh, and the same toxic makeup also makes said villain impervious to harm. Like, it somehow hardens the skin so that physical attacks are less effective? Because why the fuck not.

>What went wrong with Catwoman and Electra
everything possible