Avengers: United They Stand

Just watched an episode. I can unironically say that it's better than any comic book Marvel is currently producicing.
*whisper* AVENGERS

>tfw Tigra was voiced by the same woman who did Rogue in X-Men TAS

I liked that show.
and how useless Scarlet Witch was.

I think its what made me like Hank Pym when I finally started reading comics.

this show was fun

>and how useless Scarlet Witch was
VEEENDS OF DESTINY... CHANGE

That line was so damn cringy.

She got her own catchphrase, and it was the best accent of any cartoon version of her, but the cartoon copied the comics of the time and used the worst Wanda ship.

Unpopular opinion: I like Wanda/Simon better than Wanda/Vision.

We really are in the age of contrarianism.

Wanda/Nightcrawler is where the money's at

But they don't have any good stories as a couple, user. It brings out the worst in both of them.

It's also entirely built on invalidating the Wanda/Vision pairing, invalidating Vision as a person, and on a retard-level understanding of love as something that needs to "make sense".

Why did they decide to not include Iron Man, Cap and Thor as regular characters?

They seem to have thought that those guys would each get their own cartoons, and their own toys, merchandise, etc, as well. Putting them all in one cartoon was seen as reducing the amount of money they could make from them.

>When Nightcrawler's best canon relationship is with his step-sister, so the cartoons won't touch that, and try to steal Avengers women for him.

I'll take their daughter over Wiccan.

I like that relationship though.

Wiccan isn't her son though. Neither is Speed. It's a big scam from a spoiled reality warper.

Nocturne's mother may as well be anyone, though. There's not really anything of Wanda in her at all.

And Wiccan was OK until the 2nd volume of Young Avengers. Same for most of the characters in that series.

>
>
>And Wiccan was OK until the 2nd volume of Young Avengers. Same for most of the characters in that series.

I miss that Vol 1 team.

I think each of them guest starred in an episode right?

Thor didn't. He was just in the intro.

Didn't Len Wein write most of the episodes?

The good thing about this series is that tried to give prominence to non popular but relevant Avengers like Hank Pym, Wasp, Vision, Wanda, etc and it feel too much like the West Coast Avengers... the bad things were the designs, specially created to sell toys, and that without Iron Man, Cap and Hulk was obvious that the series was going to die very quickly.

To be honest, right now I would rather have this over Avengers Assemble... at least United They Stand wasn't 90% synergy.

>and that without Iron Man, Cap and Hulk was obvious that the series was going to die very quickly.

They were running this cartoon, and Spider-Man Unlimited, against Pokémon at the peak of it's popularity. Even if it had been the best possible Avengers cartoon, it would still have had terrible ratings and been cancelled.

Ty Templeton's tie-in comic as I recall was pretty good. The main Avengers office produced it and didn't half-ass it because it was an all-ages book.

The 90's was all about separating everybody into bigger solo franchises...or making B characters into A characters by surrounding them with C&D-listers.

I would love to see Force Works return.

Brevoort won't even let them bring back West Coast Avengers.

>Julia Carpenter will never be Spider-Woman again.
>US Agent will never be allowed to have his own costume that isn't an old Steve Rogers again.

It'd be nice if they were at least part of some team book again.

How can you say no to Force Works and West Coast Avengers and say yes to...

Moon Girl the smartest ever and Devil Dinosaur
Invincible Iron Man (JK he's not even in the book. It's Riri)
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Nick Fury Jr (sales are abysmal)
Ice Dildos
Yaas Queen Captain Marvel
Black Panther and the other black superheroes who don't know each other, but they're black
Hawkette
Ms. Muslim
Occupy Avengers and wall street
Monster Unlimited copies because we aren't selling any
Mosaic
USAvengers, but let's replace Rulk with another mustached general

My favorite Hawkeye costume is the classic purple, but the United They Stand one is a heck of a lot beter than the non-costume we've got now.

Was my first experience with any form of the Avengers. Loved the song.

>US Agent will never be allowed to have his own costume that isn't an old Steve Rogers again.
I really liked that weird Judge Dredd look he had in the late 90s.

Ty Templeton was also behind the excellent Batman Adventure late run.

Comic tie-ins to comic book cartoons can be surprisingly good.

Cause black women who post on Tumblr all day, responding with "drinking white tears", and posting gifs of this Jabba the Hutt size girl crying to any child who they claim loves these series, and then goes out and sees $4 and issue and exclaim "Daaaaayum, that's too pricey for me" like those books too much.

I actually like the regular USAgent costume.

see Millar's Superman Adventures and Slott's Justice League Adventures

Reminded me of Storm narrating every single thing she did in X-Men TAS.