What years do you have to be born to be considered an "true early 2000s kid"?

What years do you have to be born to be considered an "true early 2000s kid"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-uWKkndwrCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mid-90s at the latest, duh.

1994-1996

You're a kid from ages five, the first year you're not a toddler, to twelve, the final year before you're an adolescent. The early 2000s themselves lasted from 2000 to 2003, with 2004 being in the mid-2000s despite a of people thinking otherwise. The oldest year of birth for someone who can be considered an early 2000s kid is 1988 (twelve in 2000), and the most recent is 1998 (five in 2003). The pinnacle "early 2000s kid" birth-date would be January 1, 1993. If you were born on that specific date, you would have turned nine (eight and nine are the middle-most "kid" ages) on January 1, 2002, which was the middle-most point of the early 2000s alongside December 31, 2001.

>a of
Shit. I meant "a lot".

>copy+paste

>2000's kids are now a thing

stop time

Now listen as I play-play-play

Most normies don't acknowledge the idea of a "mid 2000s". They seem to think early 2000s encompass anywhere from 1999 to 2006.

My green tamborine

Does it hurt? The knowledge that you're getting old.

Hey man, there's a big difference between early 2000s kids and late 2000s kids. Late 2000s are when shit like iPhones, the Big Bang theory, autotune, and Justin Bieber came along.

Because that's mostly correct, the mid-2000s were still pretty similar to the late 90s. 90s culture only really ended with the recession.

Shut up 90's oldfag.

I was born in 1998
I met this boy on college that started telling me about how awesome was to be a 2000's child, we had a fight because i went al crazily mad because he was just soooo stupid.
In 2000 i was 2 years old, so i guess that you should've at least in early 1995

I think most 90's kids could also be considered "true early 2000's kid".

Show us your tits. Be sure to use a timestamp.

It's a trap!

>there are people on this board who were born the year Disturbed The Sickness came out

No wonder this board is so fucked up, for some reason I always imagine it's just us oldfags here and all the fucking kids are using snapchat and tumblr and grindr and shit

Bump

bump

But that's wrong. 2004-2006 didn't have any Sailor moon, Gundam, frosted tips, discman, ska, Bop it, or skater punk.

90s culture doesn't exist. first half was still 80s culture and second half was prelude to the 2000s

I have a better question. Why does it matter?

>tfw in a few years "2010s kids" will be a thing

>tfw born in 93
>tfw had the Recess movie on VHS and watched it religiously
>tfw saw Invader Zim premiere on TV
>tfw saw all the best Cartoon Network shows when they were running
feels fucking awesome, man

At least you aren't an 80's kid. Don't worry, you'll eventually get used to the idea that you're getting old. Time makes bitches of us all, user.

It kinda depends too on where did you lived.

For example, I was born in 1997, and my country was 3 years late than US, I remember that on 2004 we still got a lot of anime reruns like Season 1 of Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, we got the neon gimmick toys from the 90's like the trampoline shoes, and even up to this date there's still children who play with yoyos, slinkies, spinning tops, beyblades, and there are even girls who still play with that ball you attach on your ankle to hoop over it.

Do you just seek out threads to post this exact same comment in

Why is this shit spammed across the board?
Is this yet another Sup Forums meme?

>VHS
I remember when I used to spend hours making my own mix tapes, so I could autisticaly watch the same episodes again and again. I even recorded commercials I liked. Because, back then, there was no internet.

It's 2000s culture that doesn't exist. The earlier decade is obviously the one that invented it.

I recorded stuff off tv all the time too. if I had known how valuable it would be to me in the future and how easy it would be to digitize it I probably would have kept some of it. oh well.

But it's true

You got any tapes in storage that you could upload? Those are valuable.

>Because that's mostly correct, the mid-2000s were still pretty similar to the late 90s. 90s culture only really ended with the recession.

The 90s ended on September 11, 2001.

The show kept thinking of BS ways to keep Spinelli from taking her boots off

Ok Reddit

Holy fuck its true

No, that would be the OP.

No, the real 90s was 1991-96. 1997-99 weren't the 90s, they were a weird, parallel universe where everything suddenly went from being rustic, grungy, and masculine to futuristic, bubbly, girly, and homosexual.

You copy pasted this from Sup Forums

No, the real 70s was 1971-76. 1977-79 weren't the 70s, they were a weird, parallel universe where everything suddenly went from being rustic, hippie, and masculine to futuristic, bubbly, girly, and homosexual.

Replace "futuristic" with "disco-y"

No, the real 80s was 1981-86. 1987-89 weren't the 80s, they were a weird, parallel universe where everything suddenly went from being futuristic, bubbly, girly, and homosexual to rustic, gritty, and masculine.

The 90s ended on January 1st, 2000 you double nigger.

Well, I mean the first year of a new decade always has a lot of cultural overlap with the previous decade, just like 1990 was really the finale of the 80s.

Ah yes, people forget that all the poofy Vice City/spandex crap was mid-decade and wasn't what you had in 1981 or 1989.

what the fuck would futuristic even mean in any of these contexts anyway
we've been getting boners over robot servants and space colonies for literally 90 years

The 90's ended when normies took to the internet, being a nerd became cool and when the term gay stopped having a negative connotation.

Those things happened around 2007, not the 90s.

It usually has to do with the state of the economy, futurism and bright colors are in fashion when things are doing good.

I love how insidious this meme is.

Say, during the 60s, everyone loved bright colors and an outer space kind of look. In the 70s, everything was dark, natural-looking tones and woodgrain which symbolized the hippie back-to-nature mentality of the decade.

2007 is when the dam burst but the cracks were already there.

Is 1996 an early 2000s kid or a mid 2000s kid?

And no, there was nothing left of the 90s by 2003.

70's sci-fi was the dankest

Both

I can counter that in a single word: "grunge"

I was born early 92, and I relate much more with the early 2000s cartoons than the 90s. I mean, I have memories of the mid/late 90s cartoons, but I was like 5 or 6 or something, so it's not really clear.

You had to be 7-12 years old halfway through, or roughly in 2003.

So born between 1991-1996. If you're at the early end of the spectrum you're also
part late 90's kid, late end you're part late 00s kid.

Following that logic any kid born between 1997 and 2002 is a late 00s kid.

Continuing along that path of logic, if 7-12 is the range of childhood nostalgia, and Cartoon Horse Program released in 2010, then peak nostalgia for said show is among those born between 1998 and 2003.

Which means that there are already people who can legally post on Sup Forums that nostalgially remember the cancer that nearly killed Sup Forums.

I don't see why every ten years everyone has to assume there's been a paradigm shift in the way 1st world culture operates.

The world changes quite dramatically in a decade, even half a decade sees things change pretty fast. Any pop culture from 1995 looked pretty outdated by 2000.

It's mever exactly 10 years but usually around every 8-15 years the cumulation of changes in society over time cause culture, especially youth culture to change in such a way that sharp differences can be observed.

>always had a milf/older woman kink
>theyll just gonna be regular women to me now

this is the most painful part of growing old

There were multiple Recess movies. Which ones are good?

I fear this the most
>When you're 18 and start to realize that liking highschool aged girls is gonna start becoming more and more weird in the future

You're acting like it's a bad thing??

Maybe get better taste??

It's not the fetish appeal. It's just how liking chicks in high school and fine and normal until years pass by and you realize you aren't 16 anymore.

>tfw Misato has been my waifu for going on 12 years now
>tfw when it started she was a sexy older woman who would show me the ropes
>tfw now she and I are close enough in age that us dating wouldn't be weird

Yes, yes, I know it's not the same as real women, but it's still a weird feeling.

1991, here, just turned 26. I consider myself a 90's and an early 2000's kid, seeing as how I spent ages 9-13 after the turn of the millennium.

Everyone says this, but where does this come from? There were still tons of violent video games being made, and adult cartoons were starting to be a thing.

Before you say the 90's took more risks and were more gritty, Swat Kats was cancelled for being too violent, and many action cartoons weren't allowed to show blood, mention death or killing, or even have real guns.

youtube.com/watch?v=-uWKkndwrCs

>Everyone says this, but where does this come from?
There was a kind of positivity and confidence about the 90's that fell with the towers.
Then it was replaced with fear and uncertainty.
I think those days might be on their way out with the insanity in the wake of Trump.

It's perfectly natural so just don't think of it as weird.

>tfw 32 and still getting barely legal tail on a fairly regular basis

>Big Bang Therory is 10 years old

As a so called 2000s kid, I'm fucking sick of the 'lol my generation is special XDDDD' Mentality most fuckheads have.

You're both idiots, clearly you're too young to remember it so shut up.

Dude they're all like that.

1990 for full experience

I've never been able to distinguish age in women. I know it's gonna land me in jail one of these days.
It really sucks growing up and realizing that you didn't outgrow liking jailbait.

>being more mature than people your age when you were young
>woah user, you sound older than you are
>riding that wave of pride
>grow old enough for it to become what you should be like instead of something exceptional

misato is a perfect womyn

90s kids had it great I tell ya

No they won't. 2010s nostalgia won't be popular until 2030 at the very least.

We all lost our innocents after 9/11

>We all lost our innocents after 9/11
Maybe we were all just growing up since we were all 10-13?

Nobody pays attentions to politics when they're children. The only thing I knew about politics before 9/11 was the Bush vs Gore election.

That's not right at all. If you were 7-12 during the early 2010s you either can or soon will be able to post on Sup Forums.

So sometime during the 2020s 2010s nostalgia will be in vogue.

That may be!
I'm almost 30 but I have literally no memories of the big "happenings" of the 90's
I guess I was too busy playing Nintendo

Is someone born in 1997 an early 2000s kid or a mid 2000s kid

'90s nostalgia wasn't popular until the early 2010s. '80s nostalgia wasn't popular until the early 2000s. Going by that, 2010s nostalgia will not be popular until the early 2030s.

Your childhood lasted from 2002, the year you turned five, to 2010, the year you turned thirteen. If you really want to determine which section of the decade that you're a "kid" of, I would recommend looking at the date you turned nine on. Ages eight and nine are the two middle-most childhood ages, with your ninth birthday being the center-point of your entire childhood. The section of the 2000s that you turned nine in determines what section you're a "kid" of, and since your ninth birthday in particular was in 2006, then that means you're either a mid- or late 2000s kid. 2004 and 2006 are both blurry areas, because 2004 is sometimes considered to be part of the early 2000s and 2006 is sometimes considered to be part of the mid-2000s.

I was born in very early 1997 and all my fondest cartoon related memories are from 2003-2006, particularly of Nicktoons Network around that timeframe, a large portion of the programming being reruns of 90s shows.
I don't really feel much nostalgia for the late 2000s, other than maybe for early Regular Show and Robotomy

Was born in 1994, my clearest early memory is watching Angry Beavers with my aunt and playing with my Tamagochi or Pokémon Red during commercials. Also later browsing the web on AOL 5.0

So do I count as a 90s kid?

>So do I count as a 90s kid?
I don't see why not?

Anywhere after 1990 is the cutoff point.

I ask since my birth year seems to be a point of contention as to whether or not you're a 90s kid.

I turned 13 in 2007, so I guess I'm half 90s half 2000s kid?

Also RIP Dunkaroos