What do you guys think about Magik? I haven't been keeping up with Marvel...

What do you guys think about Magik? I haven't been keeping up with Marvel, ao I don;t know what they've done with her since her and Emma were with Cyke, but is she headed in a good direction?

Do you think she needs improvement? Retcons? Also, I've seen some people say she has a russian accent like her brother, but others have said no, since she was taught telepathically. What are your thoughts on her accent?

So I take it that a lot of people just don;t give a shit about her then? Interesting. Sup Forums is really dead today

I haven't seen her since Inhumans Vs. X-Men. From what I know she appeared in Secret Empire but I haven't read it.

She showed up in the "Secret Empire United" one shot. The cover originally had Emma on it, then they changed it at the last minute.

I love her. I just wish she had more representation in games and cartoons.

Rumours say that she'll be in the New Mutants movie

Demon slut

I wanna put my dick in her

Fuckin neither Rasputin sibling has a Russian accent, Xavier dumped the english language in their head, goddamnit

She'd spent most of her existence being great.

Then came Gillen, Bendis, and Bachalo.

Colossus definitely has one though. She always makes fun of him for it.

Is she your wife?

>rumour
its confirmed

Ditch the Bachalo costume and give her something else new. The transition from generic X-Men uniform to Black Spike Armor was so jarring and unneccessary it was clearly a result of Bendis' negligence.

They gave her an accent in that Marvel diablo game.

But they also gave Black Widow's accent too.

I love her but I hate how when she finally got in the limelight Marvel was going to shit.

>accent

Personally I don't think she does because Claremont never wrote her using Russian words. Claremont was the king of silly accents/words and he used them to tell you about the characters so you could understand something about them even if you had never read them before. Illyana used demonic words/sayings rather than Russian ones.

IMO the biggest hurdle Illyana has towards a good costume is a lack of an iconic color scheme. Being in either black or the New Mutant uniform for the vast, vast, vast majority of her costumed appearances makes it hard for her to be "her" based on a color alone. So artists have been using her "outline" (more or less, not a drawfag so I don't know the best term) to define her. Typically this means that her left arm is more heavily armored/dressed than her left and she has her hair cut the same way. Lately they've also been pushing horns/hairpieces as part of this. See pic related for one example of how an artist tried to keep her "her" even out of her costume.

In general I like this but sometimes it ends up terrible (see that horrendous Black Vortex costume for example) and more importantly, it doesn't address the main issue of her actual costume being generic leather.

They have accents, retard.

She's a good character, but I've never been a fan of magic based story telling in Marvel, so never took a shine to her.

I miss the eldrich armor magic

edgelord armor sucks

Was better about 20 years ago, was interesting and had an interesting dynamic with her place in the world, her powers and her family; all of which has been overdone. Sucks and is very boring now.
She is like Kitty now; just another Mary Sue who can do it all no matter what.

She really needs to backslide into the dark. Not full on villain or antihero, just have her do bad things for good reasons and struggle to keep them a secret from everyone else until shit explodes into drama

Of course, that will never happen because Marvel writers are A) incompetent, B) ever-changing, C) Told to hate the X-men and D) incapable of having characters do things that they morally disagree with

She's hot

lowkey OP used as the X-Men's schoolbus

Ayylmao Taylor-Joy has been cast as Illyana in the movie - and Maisie Williams is going to be Wolfsbane.

Overhyped cause "Dominatrix Russian girl who always gets her way" fetish.

>"Dominatrix Russian girl who always gets her way"
Don't think she's ever asked for the constant tentacle kidnap, user.

It sure does seem to happen a lot for it to be non-consensual

>drop the mask
>shrink the sword but keep the design
>left arm is regular soul armor (or else explain why it went black instead of polished)
>regular hair thingies
>keep the yellow/black color scheme

Aren't accents due to motor skills not knowledge?

PSI Judge Anderson doesn't have the tentacles/grasping hands problem Illyana does.

Illyana Rasputin is the Devil, LITERALLY. ( Limbo counts as Hell, sorta )
And she pines for her incorruptible brother and flirts incessantly with her closet-lesbian BFF.
What's not to love?

By the way, this demonic *THING* wearing "Little Snowflake" like some sort of soul-cosplay is destined to do very bad things at some point in time, so enjoy it all while you can.
This impish naughty girl trying to reform her ways act isn't going to survive any real scrutiny when the X-Men finally get their act together.

Her costume is super fucking skeevy for a teenage girl

Her Phoenix Five costume was great
The colors, the design.

This should have become her new costume, not Bachalo's generic crap.

i only knew she existed when i saw her on avengers alliance

That's also a neat protection against telepaths. He just thinks in Russian.

How is that a thing? Have you people ever met a russian woman? Jesus.

This

The chuuni is off the charts.

>and struggle to keep them a secret from everyone else until shit explodes into drama

Fuck that. It was more interesting when she did that shit proudly. Slightly psychopathic Illyana was way more interesting than "oh hey I'm acting just like any other normal girl who happens to be a demon warlock again, who needs a magic bus ride?!" Also, her soul sword is not meant to be just a conventional fucking weapon that you smash things with, cut that shit out.

I've resigned myself to the fact that no modern representation of her will have one tenth the personality of her 80s and 90s self. Same goes for her brother.

Gillen a shit, Wells forever

She's a cunt extraordinare therefore she must be raped until she's a 50st Housewive.

This.
Whats with the broadsword anyway? Isnt flaming soulsword better in all aspects

OP here. Still not sure whether she has an accent or not. I'm gonna go read Claremont's X-Men in a few days, and I do like knowing stuff about characters. Yes, I am autistic. So far I think more people have said she has an accent tbqh.

Why the fuck are they having a teenage girl in a latex bikini who acts like a giant slut and murders people? What's wrong with marvel?

>slut
I don't think she's ever been with anyone, so I literally don't see why everyone's calling her a slut. Is it because she's cute and likes showing off her body? Cause that would be half the women in the world then.

I'm glad Illyana is dead.
She didn't deserve this.

She hasn't been a teenager for years. She's around Kitty's age

>teenage

I want her to put her dick in me

>her dick
Que?

magic, user

She does have an accent just like COlossus.

Holy shit that's a lewd panel, what book is this from?

New Mutants Special Edition, part of the Asgardian Wars.

There's literally zero proof she has an accent.

I don't think she has an accent. Unlike Piotr, she speaks way more fluently and in a teenage way, without broken up english.

The best version would be a normal sized sword with the design of the surfboard that "bleeds" soul "energy"

At this point it is super fucking weird that she has never had a partner, especially for x-men.

Magik is my wife and she is very cute!

She was speaking nothing but Russian for 8 years. Then of course there's this exchange that sounds very natural with a russian accent.

She was also still speaking russian after she left limbo. Xavier didn't make her speak perfect english until after. Prior, he had everyone else speak russian to communicate with her.

> I would break you

You have failed to convince me not to pursue this course of action

>bendis
>caring about canon

Claremont wrote her for years with no accent. Bendis doesn't even know what her mutant power is

For that matter. Neither do I.

Stepping Discs?

Claremont wrote her with no catch phrases. He only does that as a notifier for a character's nationality. Illyana is regularly mentioned as Colossus sister, who is known to be Russian, thus no need to remind people of that.

Yes

Her speech very different from Piotr. She uses lots of extremely familar language, Piotr is more formal and often plays as the Watson to the other characters' Holmes when they're talking

Piotr spent the first 19 years of his life in Russia. That's why he still has an accent

Illyana was raised for over half her life in a Hell dimension by Belasco, Storm and Kitty
She probably lost her accent

Cute.

I love her. She's mai waifu.

I hate that edgy stripper costume and just about everything they did to her in recent times though. She's suffered too much to be brought low by shit writing and Marvel's anti X-Men policies.

That's obviously just Emma cosplaying as Illyana.

Considering that she's literal hellspawn in the form of a dead girl, that's hardly the weirdest thing about her.

So, is this just Marvel's version of Raven?

There's some other DC girl that's not as popular as Raven that's a better fit.

Amethyst?

She's MY wife, thank you very much. And her lewd outfit is cute, though her original is the cutest.

Stepping discs. She could use them to teleport herself as well as others near her to another location on Earth. Initially, this was limited by places she had visited before or could picture clearly like from a live TV broadcast.
The teleportation was not instantaneous. There was a second stage requiring a very brief transition through her version of the realm called Limbo.
Later, she could teleport much more reliably to much greater distances, and even to different periods of time when she prepared for it. Yes, this mutant power IS that OP.

This mutant power being tied to a mystical element (her version of the dimension of Limbo) is a lot like Scarlet Witch having her mutant power being the manipulation of a mystical energy, Chaos Magic in her case. And of course no one's really addressed why it panned out that way - that a mutant power expression is tied to a mystical element or location. Unless mutant powers just give no fucks about the source material of what they interact with.

That's the one i think. Not sure how close she actually is.

If Age of Apocalypse is to be believed, she's a general time/space teleporter and her affinity for stepping disks is purely because she grew up near them.

When is magik getting a barefoot redesign

kys footfag

I've seen this pic at least 3 times before and only now have I noticed Cyke standing there.

She's kinda fun sometimes

Malevolent Magik is best Magik.

She's too interesting to be like Raven.

I want them to adress that the current Magik isn't Illyana Rasputin at all but a demon using her form and a copy of her mind.

Her Inferno/Secret Wars II costume was bretty gud, albeit minimal.

In New Mutants v3 she got her soul back. So no it's her.

Her form and her soul. I wonder how she still counts as a mutant or human. Did belesco really add the x-gene to a body he made out of demon magic

What's this, Rule 63 Columbine?

He recreated her using the essence and magic she'd left imprinted in Limbo

That comic was hilarious.
I wish The Goblin Queen was that funny every time she showed up.
She made being a working mother going through hell look so easy.

And I also have to wonder if Piotr ever will really "see" Illyana. I sure hope so. That must be so lonely for her.

Bump