Shit normies say thread

>Marvel is about humans becoming Gods, DC is about Gods becoming human

>Superman isn't relatable

"See, Captain America is like a conservative, and Tony Stark is like, he's like one of those liberals, like Steve Jobs."

>Normies
ISHYGDDT

In all sincerity you're alienating yourself from other people and making it easier to be socially incompatible with your peers irl
>but user I don't care about that shit
If you want, but be honest with yourself, would you rather enjoy the company of humanity or disdain it from a distance?

>If you want, but be honest with yourself, would you rather enjoy the company of humanity or disdain it from a distance?
I'd rather make fun of stupid plebs

As Grant Morrison says, the guy has a 9-5 job, a girlfriend and a dog: how the fuck is he not relatable?

>Superman is boring because he's too powerful

>Parallax was the best thing to happen to Hal Jordan's character

>he doesn't hate normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't mean normies in the /r9k/ way, is a way to call people who are not into the hobby like most of us are and because being 'geek' is in right now, a lot of them give their [unsolicited opinions about comicbooks] Would you rather have me call them 'fake geeks'? Sounds even pettier to me.

>normalfags
>talking about comics
Pick one and only one.

>bvs wasn't that good
>what does "kino" mean user?

>I will say that facts are things from normies

Menawhile all the plebs are pointing at you, in your cage, because you are in reality the fool of the village.

This is true though. Also normies don't even know who Parallax is, since most of them didn't even bother to watch the GL movie, and those who did probably remember him as Galactus from Fantastic Four 2.

Aquaman is better than Namor. He is just a rip-off made by Marvel

I don't read comic but I youtube videos about them

>Aquaman is so stupid. His power is talking to fish?

"Mutants don't belong in the Marvel Universe."

"Deadpool is like, SO GOOD, it takes superhero comics and like, makes fun of them LOL."

"Cyclops is such a faggot bitch, Storm kicked his ass WITH NO POWERS. No powers! I read about it on wikipedia!"

>the Joker is an agent of chaos

>look at me better than those shitty nerds that waste their time in stupid things and hating me; posts the user in the anime image sharing board
You people are the worst.

>BvS is good and inteligent! lmao!

>Companywars are a goos waste of time! LMAO there are only 2 kinds of comic related things, marvel or dc, and you must choose a side!

>To be a "nerd" you must be an annoying prick

>Joker is the best and most interesting supervillain

I understand that people don't always use the term in all seriousness (I probably should have said), but as someone that struggled to become socially competent, growing up with Sup Forums had made it seem like no one was ever going be able to relate to me and I wasn't going to ever enjoy another human's company.

I'm projecting, but from the posts I have read I know there exists a group of people that lurk this forum that feel lonely and bitter.

>The Fantstic Four are boring and outdated. Marvel should get the rights back just for the villains.

I'm going to tell you a secret.

You can be a nerd AND a normie at the same time.

A normie is just someone who goes the fuck outside and talks to human beings rather than let their personality and social skills atrophy into some /r9k/ hermit.

It's like how homeschooled kids don't have autism but they have learned behavior that looks a hell of a lot like it.

You pretty much got it then.

Except Arthur is better than Namor

>This is true though.

No it's not. People only like Parallax as an IDEA, the stories he was in are mostly actually really, really, REALLY fucking bad. Emerald Twilight is full of plotholes and rushed as fuck and Zero Hour is the worst goddamn crossover DC ever had. When people think of "Parallax was good", what they're ACTUALLY thinking of is Final Night, which was ONE fucking story.

And even within that bubble of stories where Hal is Parallax, he has the same one-dimensional "I-am-a-cardboard-thin-living-plot-device" personality that he had throughout the Silver and Bronze Ages that everybody hated him for.

The only version of Hal that actually IS a character and behaves like a human being with actions motivated by backstory is the Johns and after version.

Colossus is stronger than the Hulk and the Thing because he is made of metal and the others are flesh and rocks.

>has a job
>has a gf

Of course the majority of this board can't relate.

100% true

"Man, Reed Richards is a DICK. He doesn't care about his friends, and he forgets about his fucking kids all the time, and he's always putting the world in danger and like, why doesn't he fix Professor X's back? LOL"

>Aquaman is boring because he can only talk to fish

Hal got a cardboard of personality.

John is just Black Hal.

desu Reed Richards is kind of a dick it's why they made The Maker

Batman would win because he is Batman.

>Batman can beat anyone

>Me: Well as someone who loves Superman what stories do you know about the character?
>Person:None
>Conversation then consists about the version of Superman that exists via cultural osmosis

I don't mind it, but I really wish I could find someone irl that could discuss Superman to death (like me).

>John is the best Green Lantern

I hear that one a lot

smdh The Maker is a good example of when they give up and just let the meme take over the character

Because Superman is boring. Why would people want to talk about that Mr. Boring when Mr. Interesting like Captain Marvel/Shazam is an available discussion topic.

Yeah they just remember the black dude from JLU

Got a neighbour called Viktor and every fucking time it's this shit: the guy once even blew a hole through my house, sat down next to me and went on a ten minute rant on why the guy sucks after obviously getting his head kicked in by said guy.

Deadpool is actually really deep and relatable. His breaking of the fourth wall is ground breaking and has never been done

Juggernaut is a mutant and his mutation is being super strong.

If it was easier to find torrents for capeshit more normals would read comics

Juggernaut is a mutant, just a dormant one with an inactive X-gene. He is basically a mutant Karnak in that sense.

What is even the point of complaining about normies, when most of them seems to be less bitter, more suceful and friendly than the regular people that uses this site?

Because a lot of people here are in a pit of self-loathing, and trashing other people makes them feel better.

myself included

fair point the second part is still irratating

Don't all humans have a potential X-gene? I thought that was why the sentinels eventually tried to get rid of everyone.

"Just now we're finally beginning to see women and minority characters in comics."

Marvel canon is story-centric, so yes and no.

this isn't a normie opinion but it is a pleb opinion

>I want a Black Widow movie

She was so fucking boring in the first Avengers, and got a ridiculous (but well meaning, least it gave her some depth) subplot in AoU. I dunno how she has any fans.

I have a job and my parents are proud of me

Because she was the only woman on a team full of dudes.

>Childhood is idolizing batman
>Adulthood is realizing joker was right

Doug Walker was trying to force that view in his Wonder Woman review.

>Doug Walker is an idiot
What else is new?

>Deadpool isn't actually really deep and relatable.
>>>there are people on this board who haven't read kelly

Well, he doesn't know shit.

>Menawhile all the plebs are pointing at you, in your cage, because you are in reality the fool of the village

But they have no idea what my powerlevel is user.

>Implying that Kelly is the only good run

Proportionaly speaking, there are better Deadpool runs than good Superman and WW runs.

I always liked the "DC characters have weaknesses, Marvel characters have flaws" line more than that one.

Well, it's not hard when there have been only really 4 or 5 major runs over 20 years. Marvel needs to get Fabian Nicieza back into the fold to make any of their shit books actually good again.

>'the joker and harley quinn is #relationshipgoals'

every woman ever

But... Why would women want to be in an abusive relationship?

literally never head this

I want to start reading the Lantern shit but from what I hear all the books suck

Go to instagram or twitter and search for harley and joker

Why wouldn't they?

Women practically like being abused by Chads

The Joker isn't a chad though.

>I am a huge WW fan, I loved the movie
>Miles Morales is super awesome, don't ask me why he just is, did I mention he's black?
>Scott Snyder's Batman is the greatest Batman run of all time
>Black Widow movie when?
>CHIMICHANGAS XD

fuck off the guy's practically a 7 year old fan fic

I mean it's half right.

Marvel needs those villains

Well, they think that Leto is hot

A fanfic about who? You do know what that words means, right?

giving superman that many powers is just lazy something even a kid could do. don't know how much clearer i can be without breaking out the ubonics

Normies defend Colossus?

Or a more relevant question, normies know Colossus exists?

Colossus has appeared in like five X-Men movies (inc. Deadpool last year), the 90's cartoon and Evolution as well as the X-Men arcade game, just off the top of my head. He's one of the better known X-Men.

He's been in X2 X3 and Deadpool at least.

It's not about how strong Superman is, it's about how creative the writer is

Thor is about as strong as Superman and has even more powers because of his hammer. Captain America has a shield that's literally invincible. It will forever astonish me that people cannot differentiate between the rules of reality from the rules of storytelling

Morrison is the greatest Batman/X-Men writer ever.

> Superman is boring and is too powerful.

>Spider-man has the best rogues gallery

>Batman doesn´t have powers

you that have been decades since Superman stories were "look superman new power, he can vomit rainbows"?

I think OP meant to write
>Shit casuals say

I wrote this before but a former coworker once asked me "how can you not like Marvel but you like Hellboy" or something like that, I asked him what he meant and he tried to tell me Hellboy was a Marvel character. I told him that Hellboy is published by Dark Horse and he was so convinced that I was wrong he pulled out his phone and looked it up.

Kill yourself normalfag

superman has more power than thor and captain america don't have anywhere near as many powers as superman considering he can turn back time. Along with all of the other powers that he doesn't use half the time because if he did it would make for a bad story. Entire characters have been built on less than what superman has and every iteration superman gets to be predictable because of how stacked his character is.

How'd he react to being wrong?

Who the fuck has a 9-5 job anymore though? I work 6pm to 1am Thursday through Monday.

You don't understand

Superman isn't real

All it takes is a good writer. And besides, if you're the type of casual trash who reads comics for the super powered fight scenes then I don't think you get why people like Superman

Can you tell me the Superman stories you read?

What do you do?

He said he must of seen a crossover event or something, I didn't want to be a dick or call him out on it (he was a nice guy) so I just said that I hadn't heard or seen a crossover between HB and a Marvel character but HB has done a crossover with DC characters so maybe there was an HB/Marvel event that I didn't know about. Then We just dropped it. The guy had seen the movies before and was pretty surprised when I told him in the comics HB and Liz are not a couple.

>says normie instead of normalfag
Truest sign of a normalfag.