F

F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMKcWz5nNoM
youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqgVlk0NQ
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526443174/teen-shot-dead-by-police-as-his-car-was-driving-away-chief-says
aol.com/article/news/2017/06/27/chicago-police-officers-charged-laquan-mcdonald-cover-up-black-teen/23004605/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From today's Occupy Avengers #8

wait I thought hydra was only racist against inhumies

>survives the death of his universe
>dies to random racists
damn really makes me think

He's going to be back after Secret Empire though, right?
They wouldn't just kill him forever off panel, right???

Did he seriously die offscreen? That's fucked. At least Villabos and Walker are the ones to deliver it

They are, David Black Lives Matter Walker decided he wanted to do something else.

Wait, what?!

I'm sad to see him die but happy he doesn't have to suffer through any more of Current Marvel.

thats one ugly bitch

Stop being racist, she is Black and Beautiful

Why not?
He's completely irrelevant.

That's a woman?

WE WUZ NIGHTHAWKS N SHIEEEEET

If normal cops are sometimes guilty of gunning down people just because of their race you really think it's too hard to believe a terrorist organization with ties to nazi germany would be adverse to shooting black people?

Any one a cop guns down had a reason fot getting shot

HE WAS A GUD BOI HE DINDU NUFFIN
>Camera footage shows tyrone robbing a store and resisting arrest

His suit got stolen by a crackwhore. kek

srry now i love blacko women

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=PMKcWz5nNoM
youtube.com/watch?v=XKQqgVlk0NQ
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526443174/teen-shot-dead-by-police-as-his-car-was-driving-away-chief-says

>implying
aol.com/article/news/2017/06/27/chicago-police-officers-charged-laquan-mcdonald-cover-up-black-teen/23004605/

>character dies, off screen, gets replaced by a black woman

the marvel method everybody..

Nighthawk was a black man though.

And?

and?

>muh anecdotes

>Someone refutes anons point about Black people always being guilty of someone when they get shot
>"I know! I'll post some vaguely related statistics that don't really connect to what we're talking about!"

I'm not getting into a discussion with an obvious Sup Forums-smoker over crime statistics. The point is that if real life police officers gun down black people it's not absurd to think Hydra would do the same with even less discretion.

so its ok?

Can someone storyline the issue? Occupy never gets storylines here

Also the next person to post statistics in this thread, regardless of reason, should be banned

>missing the point of the conversation entirely
>muh graphs

What the fuck is the compulsion with Sup Forums to just post graphs anytime someone disrupts the echochamber of "All blacks are criminals diversity is bad day of the rope is near". I'm just saying there are cases where police gun down unarmed black people and it's not absurd to think Hydra would do the same thing.

BUT Hydra does not do it because of your race, they do it because you do not obey them.

I think is absurd Hydra will do it for their race.

lel nah. There are obvious racist undertones in the organization.

>organization run by the Red Skull for years
>"b-but they aren't really racist"

user...

That is the skull Hydra, in the context of this comic we are talking about Steve Hydra where human are the superior race as a whole and mutants and inhumans can fuck off and die, unless being black is your mutant power then Hydra wont kill you.

It's absurd because you know damn good and well the writer is drawing parallels to
>muh genocidal puhleese
>muh Blumf

It's Black Lives Matter bullcrap.

There are definitely still people who are members of Hydra who joined during when Red Skull was in charge.

Good thing we are not talking about red skull hydra .

Also if you read Spencer Captain America you will find out Hydra ideal were never racial superiority but rather control and power.

Why wouldn't he? It's a thing that is happening in society and if Marvel society mirrors our society it's not absurd to think the type of people Hydra would attract to be the same type of people who would shoot a guy just because he's black.

"Huh... huhuh... calm down, Beavis."

And if you think about it realistically you'd realize that just because Steve is in power doesn't mean all the racists of the organization who joined under Red Skull were fired.

And it has been a year in marvel comics since Steve took control of hydra and this is the only instance were someone says hydras has been racist against fellow humans, the other times we have seen Hydra attacking humans has been because they are either member of the resistance or because they did not obey what they were told.

realistically? user this is comic and we are talking about keikaku cap, he killed the Skull because he had tained the name of Hydra, of course Steve got rid of that branch of the organization.

>Marvel has a black character that meshes well with american race relations for once (luke cage isn't as serious/mature)
>They kill him off screen and have some ugly chick wear his costume

just fuck my shit up

*tainted

Thinking racism begins and ends with one race is wishful thinking, honestly.

>it's a thing that is happening in society
One of the most needlessly overblown and politicized things.

Not a single one of the cases that MSM has whipped retards into a frenzy over involved a cop just really, REALLY wanting to lynch a black man.

They actually killed him off screen? This is hilarious!

Holy shit, that's a woman.
I'll give them props at least, that totally looks like the type of woman who would put on a black leotard and fight people in the street.

Grace Jones?

Grace Jones wasn't THAT ugly.

You're completely ignoring the possibility that there are members within the organization that are racists who get off on having power during the Secret Empire regime and would be fine with killing a random black guy. You think every racist in the organization directly reports to Steve? Fuck, half the people on Hydra's council are doing fucked up shit Steve knows nothing about. It's totally reasonable for there to still be racist members of Hydra under Steve.

>of course Steve got rid of that branch of the organization

Just because something is your headcanon doesn't make it fact. Obviously he didn't if some Hydra goons gunned down a random black guy.

And this is Marvel where you have a terrorist organization running the show. There are definitely people in Hydra that would lynch a black man.

>Favorite street level Marvel hero
>was thrilled he made it to 616
>was gunning for him to get a Netflix show and bring Whitefave to 616
>killed off panel

Is this anger I'm feeling the rage most comic fans feel?

>Is this anger I'm feeling the rage most comic fans feel?
Yes, this is the "z-lister fans' burden".

Occupy Avengers was a mistake, Walker is a bigger hack than Coates

You think thats a bad thing? My favourite is Lobo. I badly want a movie, but there will never ever be a movie with a big, violent, homophob, sexist alcoholic killer, who butchered whole worlds, so IF there ever will be a movie, it will suck.

Wow he must be absolute shit then if he got taken out by grunts. That sort of thing would never ever happen to Captain America, T'Challa, Batman, Bucky, Owlman, and any other peak human.

Not even a black man is safe from being replaced by a woman.

He was bought back from being killed by Nobo only to be stuck in the horrible JLA book.

Was it because he was black, or was it because they knew who he was and they just caught him flatfooted and out of his combat gear?

>peak human

aka "Here's how we bullshit non-metas to have metahuman abilities and what is essentially egregious amounts of plot armor"

Batman's the biggest offender, but the rest all suffer from it, but T'Challa and Steve have an excuse in that they took super drugs/herbs for what they can do.

Supreme Power: Nighthawk
W: Daniel Way
1/5

2/5

3/5

4/5

5/5

Nighthawk
W: David Walker
1/5

2/5 + 3/5

What's a woman?

4/5

5/5

What point are you trying to make here, user?

God, shut the fuck up, woman.

ONE PUNCH

Say what you will about the last series, I'm amazed they continued Nighthawks character growth.

Supreme Powers Nighthawk would've NEVER considered a white cop a good man and a friend.

Since you asked:

In five pages we get a pretty direct illustration of what Nighthawk stands for: Community edification, breaking the law for the greater good, and punishing those the legal system won't. Also note how the antagonist in this case is an ordinary albeit racist White man: He's not a KKK member or skinhead. Hell, he might just be doing it on a dare. Also note the character-driven nature of those five pages.

Explosions, quips, and movie references. Instead of character-driven this is action-driven, instead of an everyman antagonist we now have a White supremacist terrorist group with a Confederate flag. Nighthawk is practically a non-entity, literally losing his previous voice so that Black Woman Supergenius #187 can tell us who he is instead of showing.

tl;dr Marvel NOW was a mistake.

>News story bringing up the injustice of killing an unarmed citizen and how it's bringing anger to the community.
>Straight up kills and unarmed citizen by stabbing him a bunch and slicing his side open out of the blue.
>Later gets shot by a cop while unarmed

Poetry?

Did it do it in an interesting way? I mean Nighthawk discriminated like fuck, he only helped black people and focused on those who hated black people and he hated and distrusted white people.

He also wasn't against manipulating black people for his own purpose.

That must have been so writing to make him change his perspective, especially since his parents were killed by racist and he got a Batman like autistic hate for white people like Bruce did with guns.

That he is a black superhero that hates non-blacks and will overlook crimes committed by blacks.

Nighthawk also targeted black people who he considered to be causing harm to the community. During his solo in Supreme Power he attacked drug dens beating the fuck out of the dealers.

Ignoring the unfortunate implications of the stabbing for a second, was it supposed to imply he burned all those guys to death?

I mean if so it's really fucking hard to feel anything other than he got what was coming to him, those guys were unarmed and broken and bloody with the evidence to convict literally right next to them. I mean there's exactly one type of person who will set fire to unarmed people who could effortlessly be put away and it's not the type of guy you feel bad shooting.

>Just because something is your headcanon doesn't make it fact.
user what you claim could is also your headcanon, again we dont know the context of the dead since it was offscreen, unless we see a panel of an hydra goon harming someone else for the colour of their skin then there is no definitive answer.

The other person gave you SPECIFIC cases. General statistics don't mean a thing regarding those.

user..She literally says what happened. You're just being willfully dumb now.

And that is the retard's canon of what happened. The fact is that Hydra already placed hits on several people in the superhuman community. Nighthawk is the only one that is trash enough to be taken out by grunts.

>She literally says what happened

She says he was gunned down not for being Nighthawk, but for being a black man. By hydra.

Because apparently the thought of 'wait, could Hydra, who's trying to kill a lot of superheroes right now... have killed him because he's NIGHTHAWK!? But how could this organization that knows more shit than anybody imagined possibly know that this man was this superhero they were trying to kill!?' never occurred to her. It actually makes a shitload less sense if it's a racist hydra guy. But I guess 'superhero gets taken off guard out of costume and killed by organization that's killing superheroes' just doesn't have that flavor of social commentary that's making this series a brilliance of literary achievement.

So you guys are extrapolating what she said in order for it not be what she's literally saying. Because it doesn't fit with your narrative that Hydra doesn't have racists as a part of the organization. There's literally no way it could've just been an idiot Hydra grunt abusing his powers of authority. Because bad guys never do that. No way would a guy who is a footsoldier for an organization formerly run by a former nazi have racist inclinations.

>nice body
>ugly face
Would fuck if she let the mask on.

>nice body
Sure if you are sexually attracted to little boys.

>So you guys are extrapolating what she said in order for it not be what she's literally saying.

No, we're taking the evidence she gave us
>He's a superhero
>He was shot out of costume
>By a HYDRA, not a cop
Then putting it against her reasoning
>For being black
With previous consistencies of this particular brand of Hydra
>Showed very little interest in racial divides outside of Inhumans and Muties being in need of extermination
>Showed a lot of interest in killing superheroes

And put it all together and what do you get! A writer who at best fucked up hard by messing up continuity and characterization and at worst fucked up hard by trying to jam in his political stance of current events and straight up made the protagonist and antagonist both look like idiots to fit that moronic narrative. We don't know, since we'll have to wait for this writer or another writer to actually address it, give context, and see how far the rabbit hole goes, but for now it's a character spouting off a story with a lot of holes in it that we can make fun of, because it's bad writing and there's exactly one thing you do with bad writing, make fun of the idiot who thought it was 'relevant' and 'consistent.'

She was fairly hot once, but then suddenly became a gawky, frumpy nerd.

God, David Walker sucks.

>Dead off panel
I am somehow triggered

I thought it was reasonably interesting. It had come after years of working alongside Hyperion and now, other white heroes in the Marvel U. He went up against the Revelator, basically a serial killer that went after similar targets that he did but didn't care about collateral damage. It made him reevaluate some of his things, remember what his parents told him about letting anger consume him.
Throughout it all, he worked with a white cop that actually sympathized with both him AND the Revelator, understanding where both were coming from. He helped Nighthawk to root out crooked cops and took a bullet for him in one of the final issues. It basically led Nighthawk to realize, fuck, blind anger and hatred wasn't getting him anywhere.
The cop, while waiting for an ambulance, introduced Nighthawk to his partner as "my friend". Nighthawk didn't contradict him. When he left to battle the corrupt businessman flooding the streets with guns, he told the partner to take care of the white cop- he was "a good man".

Then he tortured the white businessman to death and watched him die over the course of hours because he's STILL Nighthawk and still just a little bit loopy.

>Hydra
>Kills tons of people
>Obviously targets superheroes
>Kills Nighthawk and for some reason its different

So if they killed Sam Wilson it would be because he's black?

This is a great example of modern thinking