So, uh, anybody read the newest pages of Stand Still Stay Silent?

So, uh, anybody read the newest pages of Stand Still Stay Silent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N2SW_MWBa6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah we had a short thread about it
For a weakling shut-in, Minna knows how to deliver a punch

I was honestly looking forward to Troll!Tuuri, but this works just as well.

Yep. It was a bummer really. It lost of its magic IMHO. Tuuri was a cool as character and she was unique as fuck.

Hope she comes back or something. She was REALLY interesting.

(plus I wanted her to fuck the Icelandic kid and make tones of baby's)

ass* I have autism.

Nope. Not the rash on tuuri this time buddy :*)

wut

Read the 9 pages bro. You'll love em.

I did read them mate, I just can't decipher your esoteric reply.

I thought you were implying we had a thread a few days ago that I was in for a bit and you were thinking of said thread.

I've been looking through the archive. I'm an faggot. Do you happen to have a link to the thread from today?

here SSSS threads don't usually live that long.

I am feeling the feels man.

Hell, this is what i wanted, i wanted the story to actually have some gravity to it and not just read a happy "Let's go raid necromorph infested post-apocalyptic cities for books with no chance of failure!" story.

So, at the same time i feel glad that the story actually has some gravity to it, but it also makes me sad that it had to happen.

Anyone ship Emil x Lalli? They're so cute together.

Dang, I'm getting teary eyed. Did not expect something like that to happen, especially not so hastily. Like, I was thinking they'd at least be a few pages of monologuing, but nope.

That stuff with the birds was really well done.

Oh god it's awful
Why do I give such a shit about these characters
I've never experienced this before
What the fuck
Somebody help

Link to thread

It's here The thread is already archived.

youtube.com/watch?v=N2SW_MWBa6w
thread theme

>Tuuri is Finnish for luck
>Onni is Finnish for happiness

Looks like those two names turned ironic real fast.

looks who's next in line, its the explosive pretty boy

Considering how emotional he is, i can easily see this happening.

So, did you guys have any predictions on how this might end up?

poorly
its going to end up poorly
or tuuri is going to pull a nordic Jesus and help the spooks move on

Yeah, i meant, before Tuuri died.
Did you think she would kill herself?

No
No i wasn't expecting this
I don't know what I expected but this was sure as shit not it
And I'm really freaking sad, and I don't know why. This is a new experience for me

What else was supposed to happen?
She couldn't go home
And she wasn't getting cured
What else was she going to do

The shocking thing was how cool she seemed with this.
No struggle, no denial, just "I guess I'll go kill myself now".

The denial and other such happened earlier before the definitive symptoms came around.
At that point, there was no more denying it, she could hear the voices of the dead and had the signature rash.
She just asked Lalli if it was possible to guide a soul lost in the rot to rest, then when she discovered that that was either very hard or near impossible, she desided to save herself the fate of becoming a cursed soul as well as spare those around her from having to kill her.

It was, the only option.

Sigrun is the only survivor. She comes home dragging a metric ton of books (mainly about kite flying and advanced origami), Then later when asked about how it was out there, she goes: It was Awesome!!

Then she leaves again for another trip.

I guess fucking the Icelandic kid is Sigrun`s job now.

No no. This is actually good as for Finnish luck.

I did, but then this was such a curveball that now I no longer have any ideas

>combining redhead genes
we'll never get rid of them at this rate.

mind telling the folks here what your idea was?

Well, just that once they learn she was infected, they'd be faced with a choice. Leave her behind, or stay behind and try to follow up with that one book.

I figured it was gonna be a race-vs-time thing, maybe plunging the depths of an infested military medical installation.

I thought there might be a death or two in the series, but even with the infection this honestly was not what I was expecting.

But they will have amazing hair.

Damn, i just want to talk with someone about this.
Feel depressed as fuck now.

This
I knew it was going to end badly but
my god
This was down right painful

Yep, this happened.

And I guess this is only the start of the descent. With Tuuri gone, Lalli is 200% going to do something irrational, Onni is going to lose it, Reynir is about to do something stupid and the group is likely to fall apart badly. Sleipnope wasn't even the beginning, this is the true gate to hell.

Either he does something irrational or gets killed or gets someone else killed due to the language barrier.
I always thought this would happen, the translator dying and rest of the team being split from within due to lack of understanding.

I actually stopped following it a little more than a year ago because the style made it a bit hard to tell the characters apart in some of the small sketchy styles the artist drew them in, and because it never felt like there were stakes/it was building to anything.

Still some beautiful art and great worldbuilding though.

Well, you should check in again, currently they are one down, the cat tank is down and an eight legged horse ghost is chasing them along with an army of the damned.

>comic only has white nordic people, everyone else is dead
>now they kill off the only bbw/lgbt friendly character

How are the authors not harassed to suicide yet?

She literally is a Nazi, I heard.

>bbw/lgbt character

Wot?
That's not Tuuri, sure she was kinda fat when she started the journey but in later chapters she started getting skinnier due to the gang running low on food.

She did get harassed for a little while a way back over everyone being white, but Minna isn't an ultra-responsive person. I think the only backlash she's ever responded to was a joke earlier when they discover some Chinese words.

Minna had Emil call it "ching-chong" but changed it to "kung fu" after a bunch of autistic screeching from American keyboard warriors who were calling her racist.

Also pretty sure THOSE kinds of people are too busy masturbating over LallixEmil to care about poor Tuuri

The author doesn't give a single fuck.

She just hasn't attracted dedicated enough tumblrinas yet. Didn't Ava's Demon get DDoSed once because some turbo-autist didn't like the word "virgin"?

Yeah, Michelle has had several bouts of harassment from one rabble-rousing person, who claims to be underage in an attempt to avoid any retaliation or criticism

I was gonna start a thread about this

Welp.

please don't say such things about my husbando

Why are they always such shitty people?
Like even compared to Sup Forums they are still shitty people, I mean how the fuck is that possible?

>Why are they always such shitty people?
If they're on tumblr, they must have a problem.

More like husdeado

pls

>Like even compared to Sup Forums they are still shitty people
brah, they are most certainly cunts but healthcare right now is in a dire state...

I dont read religiously.

Is there rules set up on the trolls? did she know drowning would actually work? sea water?

Minna is there too, as well as a shit ton of other talented people. Just like Sup Forumstards are not all of Sup Forums, crazy social justice types aren't all of tumblr.

Okay, that's true

but let's not kid ourselves
Sup Forums is not a place happy healthy people go, or stay I guess, that's what we are known for, being a place that social rejects and retarded edge lords go to

but tumblrestas still blow us out of the water in the cunt-o-lympics, between the shoplifting fandoms and self abuse enabling blogs we end up looking kinda clean, retarded, but cleaner than they do

Has Sup Forums just gotten softer? Or do we just shit on and call out the stupid assholes for being stupid assholes?

Probably gonna fall on one of his grenades by accident

i'm sorry

Crazy people on tumblr assign themselves the moral high ground, which means they believe that no matter how shitty they are, how horrible they act, they are in the right. This is why victimisation is so popular there. It's a free pass to be right.

Water is apparently usually safe. There is a vague explanation about the goddess of waters, but in reality it probably has mostly to do with the cold. Trolls cannot stomach cold very well, which is one of the reasons Scandinavia managed to barely survive and the rest of the world is silent.

Also, Tuuri isn't a troll yet. She's a person who is infected. It would be a while before her physiology changed that badly. There is actually a time-lapse page I can try to find if you want clarification. Tuuri could have swallowed a bullet, or leapt off a cliff, or any other sort of method.

I am at a loss to what you're getting at.

>did she know drowning would actually work?

If you die before going full troll, you die

She just wants to die of something other than the Rash, before the curse is complete. It's an attempt to avoid having her soul trapped in absolute pain for all eternity.

I don't think water does anything in particular. Leviathans are a thing.

Ehh I just sorta meant Sup Forumss normal shit flinging, wasn't aiming at anyone group over there
But yea this health care business needs to be better thought out
Thankfully it appears that they relize this and are thankfully putting it back on the drawing board, thank god

>Sweden, Norway and Finland are all able to establish one or more safe havens on their mainland
>Denmark is only able to make a safe haven on only one of their hundreds of islands
This annoys me more than it should.

>Rivers are safe from trolls

>Illness takes time to spread
Lady at Oct 15 is worse than Tuuri was now. Tuuri probably had about 3 weeks before full troll

reminder that emil is next in line

Leviathans are mutated sea creatures. Trolls mutated from air-breathing lifeforms probably still drown.

Wasn't it said that they had like half of Denmark under control until they tried to do what the Swedes were doing and then got overrun while trying to claim new lands?

I thought only mammals (except cats for some reason) could get the disease.
So, whales and dolphins would still, technically speaking be air breathers.
Just horrifying underwater monsters, but still.

There's still plenty of islands that shouldn't have been overrun simply do to their isolation. I mean Bornholm is a relatively large island and should have been overrun way before half of the other smaller islands, like Anholt, Læso or Samso.

Hell, "ching chong" sounds way more like "chinese" than "kung fu" does

Then you can blame it on athor being a Finn and knowing more of Finnish river islands than about Danish islands.

Minna honestly had no idea why Americans took it so badly, but since it was a fairly minor change she did it.

I also think shes just not particularly good at dealing with people. She seems like a shut-in

I guess.

Smaller islands don't necessarily fare bettter though, It's less land to work with to get food from (while avoiding leviathans), and less people living there to help clean up if a troll somehow makes it to the shore

Since all of the islands is pretty much only farmland, that's not a problem, but I guess the lack of of people might be a good point.

>In this timeline most mainland dogs are dangerous because they can't resist the infection, but they still retain some form of their older self and have to battle between the will to consume humans and be their best friend

Minna really knows how to make the darkest timeline.

The Author has not confirmed not denied the possibility of other survivor enclaves. Only that the Nords don't know of any. It's possible that they are so seperated and so much tech was lost that contact has yet to be made.

I would assume survivors exist in other isolated/island areas. The Caribbean/Florida, Alaska, Japan, the Fauklands/Chile, maybe Ireland, Madacasgar, southern India and Still Lanka. Areas where isolation and separation is possible.

>Alaska
>Not Hawaii

Compared to Alaska, Hawaii has twice the population and much less area, which is a big deal in this kind of situation. It's why Ireland is a Maybe and the UK is fucked. They're isolated, sure, but London has millions of people, and the infection would spread like wildfire.

Really though, was just trying to hit multiple corners of the globe. Should have also said New Guinea and maybe New Zealand.

fuck, should I start reading this thing?

Yes.

Fuck yes, it's one of the best webcomics around and after seeing this thread i myself started reading it again and was not disappointed yet.

so, they are basically cats all the time.

Should you start reading a colored, almost daily updating webcomic set in post-apocalyptic northern europe where people are trying to survive necromorphs with blades, guns and tiny bit of magic?

You will be the judge of that.

Sure. Just be aware that the prologue and the first two chapters are an introduction to the setting. A 140 pages-long introduction. The main cast doesn't get much spotlight until chapter 3.

I guess, but those dogs feel remorse for what they are doing. A cursed existance.

Don't sell him the wrong idea
It's more about the comfy of exploring the scenic ruins of civilization in search of treasure and answers while surviving the dangers within, not some sort of non-stop action zombie flick

>cats become guard dogs
>dogs become cursed cats
must be the end of the world, eh?

>I don't think water does anything in particular
it helps a little as an isolation factor, apparently

Not to mention trolls go quiet in the cold. Colder the better for human survival

Wasn't there that one type troll that resulted from people drowning? The big fat ball one that floated to pretended to be a very small island?

uh god, I dont want to think about it. But if it does happen it better be super heroic

... is that a Loss reference?