Cyclops has never been interesting or cool, people like him only for one of two reasons....A...

Cyclops has never been interesting or cool, people like him only for one of two reasons....A. they're contrarian "too hip for the room" types and like him strictly because nobody actually does, or B. boring douche nerds who self insert as him because they relate to his yuppie haircut

Go back to bed, Logan.

I've never been a fan of Cyclops, but I really like Young Scott. Right now he's an outcast even among the X-men. Hank, Jean, Angel, Iceman, they all have free pass, while Scott is watched with some hate and disgust. Even his old companions, the original X-men, do not hide a certain will to get away from him. So now He must work hard to regain respect. He's some kind of Mini Batman, Uber focused, but not without a bit of self-irony for himself. Old Scott had completely lost this side, after Morrison run.

So, from my understanding X-men fans are really pissed off, haven't had a good run in years. I haven't read much of x-men, but I'm currently reading the 2010-2013 run.
It's not really that horrible. It's not great, but it's okay-ish, aside from the standard marvel problems.
Also, Scott and Emma are really fun together.

Scott and Emma were GREAT together. Despite Bendis did his best to sabotage their relationship.

Whata self insert garbage character.

Monoeye guy or white bitch? You still here, Logan?

>B. boring douche nerds who self insert as him because they relate to his yuppie haircut

But user, that's the appeal of almost every classic superhero.

Cyclops went through a long story arc. He was very justified in his later choices. It was interesting and fun to watch. In comics there is often only one correct political view. Shorthard for real life, if you are of a different political view from the Marvel norm you're easily painted just as a villain. They tried to do that to Cyclops ultimately. Their writers did a piss poor job making Cyke look like a bad guy in all these "Cyclops is bad" stories. Amusing shit.

Cyclops is always right.

look, yeah hes kind of wooden character and uninteresting, but as far as superhero team leaders go he has a great design and is pretty damn powerful. he has a very direct, offensive optic blasts. Also hes good at being a team leader. he make good decisions for everyone quickly. compare him to, i dunno, superman, or captain america, or mr fantastic

>I've never been a fan of Cyclops, but I really like Young Scott.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Cyclops has always been great and has always had fans. You must be fresh off the reddit refugee ship.

Dumbest, and I mean absolutely dumbest, fucking post ever.

Cyclops fans are older brothers and Boy Scouts. They're the kids that wanted to be captain in gym class even though nobody cared. They're the kids that tried (and usually got to because, again, nobody else cared) picking the teams in pick up sports.

Someone else said it but only an autistic wolverine fan would say this. And I actually consider myself an autistic wolverine fan.

Cyclops has always sucked and only contrarians or people who relate to him being a boring nerd like him, either way Cyclops fans suck and are superficial turds

>Cyclops fans are older brothers and Boy Scouts. They're the kids that wanted to be captain in gym class even though nobody cared. They're the kids that tried (and usually got to because, again, nobody else cared) picking the teams in pick up sports.
Yeah, so boring douchebag dorks nobody likes

There seems to be a lot of Xfans like myself who adore Gillen's run.

>t. dumb shitposter who stopped reading X-Men 17 years ago

I think Grant Morrison said it best.

He doesn't understand his powers. He's been constantly ostracized, never dealt a good hand, nothing happy ever happened in his life and his one mentor in life trained him to fight evil old Jews in spandex.

He owed nothing to anyone, but he just said "fuck it, I want to be a good guy".

And in his one act of selfishness of bringing back mutants, trying to save mutants from Inhumans' holocaust gasses, Marvel wants us to believe he is literally Hitler.

I disagree but I could see your point years ago. But if you don't see that Cyclops is the best Xman and has been consistently right since Schism at least you are a serious faggot

>He doesn't understand his powers. He's been constantly ostracized, never dealt a good hand, nothing happy ever happened in his life and his one mentor in life trained him to fight evil old Jews in spandex.
Boo hoo. Cyclops suffering is like the rich kid crying about how he had a bad childhood. so many Marvel characters had it way worse than him, including but not limited to his foil Logan

You are really exposing yourself as a self hating and fatass loser.

>Cyclops is a stupid big dick Chad!

Dude, Cyclops is a rich kid who lost his parents and been blaming himself for it because there was a possibility that he directly caused plane to crush with his powers without inheriting any riches because there were none in the first place.

Logan is literally a rich kid with bad fucking childhood.

You're gatekeeping a random fandom you don't even like. You are the ultimate faggot and whatever you are a fan of is inherently shit.

Wolverine is an animal man who always has to question his very humanity, he can never be happy because he's a bloodthirsty hairy midget and nobody will ever accept him completely because he'll always be "that guy"
Cyclops can be happy if he stopped being a bitch

>shoots lasers from his face and leads the survivors of a wrecked space station across the sand-blasted wasteland that is outback Australia
>stays ripped because he knows you can't just rely on superpowers to get a job done
>gets shit on by everyone and eventually dies for sticking with his beliefs
Any time you hear someone shit-talking Cyke, it's safe to assume they're a poser/ normalfag/ idiot/ all of the above

All right Sup Forums: post an essential reading list for Cyke that uses CoTA as a jumping-off point. I want everything: the good, the bad, the Morrison.; give me what you got.

Cyclops has been cool for like 15 years bro, where have you been?

Cyclops = boring + gay + lame

Contrarian thought is the only thing that keeps him alive

>Cyclops sucks guyz
>I mean just compare him to Wolverine
>Wolverine is so cool guyz and Scott sucks

Good to know some things will never change. Also projecting much? What you a short angry man who got beat out by a objectively better man and you see yourself in Logan? Small problem with that, wolvie isn't as pathetic as you. He actually has friends and can get laid.

You can repeat that ad infinitum and it doesn't make it true friend. It just makes you seem kinda desperate and pathetic.

Hell they did such a bad job at making Cyclops look bad they couldn't even make fake Cyclops that was just a mental projection of Emma look bad, and they tried so hard to push Emma as some villain that they pretty much had to make her blow up a blimp full of inhumans while cackling like a maniac to make her look evil and even then reception to this has been so bad her look in Secret Empire isn't the same godawful costume she was using at the end of Inhuman vs X-men.

Also posting best costume.

only people who dont read comics think cyclops is still the boring straight laced leader type.

for almost 2 decades hes been a sort of ends justify the means, brutally practical, take no shit from anyone bad-ass.

He was the smooth operator on the original cartoon. While others were often caught in their own bullshit, he was the dude who tried to get shit done.

And don't give me the shit that he is "too perfect" or some other utter nonsense, the show opens with Cyclops fucking it up and getting one of the mutants killed. Yet he perseveres anyway despite Logan constant bitching about it.

Preteen Wolverine/Raphael/Iron-Man/Batman fan spotted.

All thing said, I'm glad he's finally died. He was only ever going to descend from what he was ideally. I don't miss Che Guevara Cyclops.

Che Guevara Cyclops was a squandered idea. Bendis fucking went nowhere with it.

This part was so bad. Both were brain retarded here.

I have to say that I really, really liked Scott's P5 outfit. It was the most regal.

Scott as Phoenix always made a strange kind of sense to me.

ACKSHULLY my favorite characters are Spider-Man, Venom, Punisher, Daredevil, and Moon Knight

Wolverine and Batman probably come after those and nobody likes Iron Man who isn't a MCU fag, so kinda close if you consider close to be not close at all. Cyclops still sucks.

How was Cyclops wrong?

Avengers sort of never cared about Sentinels slaughtering mutants and now want to meddle with mutant affairs for a bit to hijack what Cyclops was working on for years and his second encounter with Phoenix to trust dealing with Phoenix to cavalcade of fuck ups that is Avengers.

Like, maybe if it was Doom I'd trust him with Phoenix, his sense of self-preservation will win over his sense of pride and he'd even agree to cooperate. Avengers WILL fuck up.

I love it to but I have to admit like many others here the first time I saw it I immediately thought of the costume Nightwing was wearing at the time.

Cyclops has always been my favorite X-man. I'm just not fool enough to think he can carry his own comic for much longer than a miniseries. He is defined by his relation to the team and to mutant kind at large. He's better when he's in a stable relationship.

THIS.

You know I really use to never understand how Cyclops existence seem to offend those wolverine fans.

It wasn't till I grew up that I realized that These people saw him as the Chad that had the life they wanted and thought they deserved. He had the girl and respect as but was rigid unlike Wolverine who was a self imposed outcast with anger issues.

Its no surprise losers latched on to Wolverine.

I actually don't blame you for disliking Cyclops. The only thing normalfags have to go off of to base his character are the movies and shitty renditions of him in the cartoons, where he is largely just a jealous and insecure asshole, who can't live without JEEEAAAANNN

Reason some people like Cyclops, including myself, is because he is the ideal X-man, he believes in the dream more strongly than Xavier, but is also less idealistic and pragmatic. Personal vendettas or trying to one up anyone isn't his motivation, its cold-hard heroism. To give to others what he didn't have, even if it means making the unpopular choice, and permanently casting yourself in negative light, so long as the dream stays alive. The dream that mutant can live happily with humans.

He's a great example of a character that is flawed and a little self destruction, yet inspirational at the same time. And ironically, Marvel's attempts to demonize him in later years only made him look better to me in the end.

C'mon now Jean, we know he dumped your as for a better woman, but there's no need for this bitter jape. When you return from where ever it is you flew off to, you can always shack up with that withered old man Logan.

This thread is so incredibly misguided. Why don't you try and actually read some fucking comics for once OP?

Wolvienormies, GET OUT!

This is Scott Board.

>he believes in the dream more strongly than Xavier, but is also less idealistic and pragmatic.

I do not know. Xavier has his flaws, but nobody believes in the dream as him. The ideal world of Xavier is a world of humans and mutants walking together towards the future, where mutants come down from their pedestal and help humans to not stay behind. Where Mutants powers are used for the benefit of everyone, not just for themselves. But I always have the impression that mutants do not want this. Mutants want to feel superior, and in many dialogues from 2003 to today there are moments where Emma, Scott, sometimes Kitty and recently Hank dream a world where mutants inherit the Earth. Yeah, they do not want war with humans and respect them, but they want to become the landlords sooner or later.
And in many cases, Scott the other X-men have plainly admitted that they no longer believe in the dream, but yeah, the post House of M and later times have been very bad moments.

Reading a comic with Cyclops is like eating a hunk of shit. Rather read this.

Maybe if you read comics....

Shit taste manlet

I have good taste, you have bad taste
Wolverine is the only good mutant, that's why he's the one Spidey is friends with

>satanic trips while defending Cyclops

He's totally a good guy, r-right guys?

So what's the "essential reading" for Cyclops?

Honestly, he's been consistently good, but because he's mostly in team books, there is no specific "definitive arc".

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men is actually a good bridge between classic "boy scout" Cyclops and modern edgy Rightclops. It's pretty much classic superhero stuff that doesn't require you to submerge into the fictional universe's political atmosphere that is explained in a thousand crossovers and tie-ins like later books.

Havoc Storyline (X-Men 54-59)
Phoenix Saga (X-Men 101-108)
Mutant X Storyline (X-Men 126-128)
Dark Phoenix Saga (X-Men 129-138)
Uncanny X-Men 175

Following that his character stands out a lot more, especially in X-Factor vol. 1, New X-Men vol. 1, Astonishing X-Men vol. 3, The Messiah Complex event, etc.

Pretty much everything starring Scott between 2001 and 2010 has been pretty good.

It's a natural conclusion to his character arc.

Scott is that rare thing. A comic character that has character progression lasting longer than one book.

Gillen's written some great books, and some awful ones, but he was fantastic on the X books.

they will be pretty fucked if they decide to go to war against humanity.
Doom, Stark, Strange, T'Challa and Blue Marvel will wreck their shit without thinking twice.

>Scott the other X-men have plainly admitted that they no longer believe in the dream, but yeah, the post House of M and later times have been very bad moments.

That's largely a result of self preservation. Mutants were dying out, and everyone feels threatened by it. Even so, Cyclops main motive at the time was save the mutant race. I'm not ready he believes in the dream more than Xavier, but he's certainly a nice medium between Magneto and Prof X. He's certainly the most effective leader figure for mutants, due to not stepping on either extremes.

mutants actilike literal niggas. they were only leaving their place (hood) to cause destruction and fight after that they went back home. they were always like that with or without sentinels, they also hate being called out on their shit. even if a mutant calls out another mutant bullshit.
and happens because most superhero writter only knows how to write with extremes ways of thinking. even the middle ground passes as a retarded extremist

>maybe if it was Doom I'd trust him with Phoenix,
Doomfag please

I'm not a Sup Forumsfag retard.
that is how the xmen have always been written. it just got extremely bad in this decade because they want to damage the xmen IP.

Matt shut up and go back to reading shitty Marvel books

They actually self-insert because he's a boring personality but gets infinite plot armor and vagina despite that.

It's literally the only reason there are "Cyclops fans" on internet chat boards.

I believe that and your reverse satan trips prove it's true

>the biggest crybabies, especially American blacks

Quit projecting.

>They actually self-insert because he's a boring personality but gets infinite plot armor and vagina despite that.

Then every character is a self insert at that point. Try again.

Do you even God Loves, Man Kills?

People like him because for 10 years he was always right

You literally just described Wolverine though.

>People like him because plot armor

Pretty sure that's what I said.

Is it really plot armor when the writers that want him to be bad are big fuck ups?

The writers wrote what they intended to write. People that like Cyclops just tend to not be very bright.

If they wanted him to be bad, they wouldn't have built in the Phoenix excuse for his killing Xavier. If they wanted him to be bad, he would have been responsible for killing Inhumans or something like they alluded to for a year.

I like him because he's cute

>his yuppie haircut
I had an undercut from 6-12 grade.
Yes cycke is my favorite superhero.